Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 5, 2009 4:27 PM

Jun 2008
Memories is just a recap so it's not worth watching. only the last episode of it has something new.

And I know how you feel. this was the first harem anime that had the ending I wanted too =)
Feb 6, 2009 9:58 AM
Mar 2008
Thanks for the answer. I only watched the 12th episode since it was totally new^^
aww, I want more =(
Feb 7, 2009 3:30 PM
Mar 2008
AkariChan said:

I guess it's because Rin had always been regarding Kaede as a sister, rather that someone he would love. I wouldn't say Rin was harsh towards Kaede because of what she did to Asa though. He just had to decide what to do in order to clear the clutter right?

While i would say that he made the right decision in choosing who he wanted, and they truely make a good couple.

The problem was just how ignorant Rin was of Kaede's feelings for like the entire show, and then instead of setting things right or talking to her about it, he let it go, and ignored her, and basically she was already in "wife mode" while he was treating her as "room mate" not even a sister is neglected as much as she was. She was going batshit crazy toward the end, because(and truthfully her fears were justified) that she was going to lose Rin.

And to make matters even worse, when Rin was moving out, he still treated her the same way, they had their final closing chat which basically set her out of suicide mode. But it was a pathetic way to handle it. To me he seemed like he was running way from Kaede instead of dealing with it before the problem arose.

Off topic, so what exactly is the "new" content in memories?
Apr 17, 2009 8:42 AM
Dec 2008
Gave the series a 9 as it was auseme but not a masterpiece.
Even though i also woulda liked it if Rin and Kaede were together but the 'unforgivable crime' probably played a factor in reasoning why it couldn't happen. Still, loved the last episode which still gave me a few laughs after the tragic scenes.
P.S loved Rimu in school and her sly trick after Kaede's move with the coffee!
May 15, 2009 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
6/10

This series was meh for me. Mabe harems just aren't my cup-a-tea.

Jun 29, 2009 3:26 PM

Dec 2008
Rin's idea was great : D Ending - nothing special... Happy and again
I saw there something like invisible harem ^^
Jul 5, 2009 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
pretty good ending, the attempted suicide made sense and somehow I didn't see that coming until he whas about to do it. I liked how at the end it was back to lighthearted and all the girls still liked him and turned down Itsuki haha but hey like they said there's always the polygamy option even if Asa wouldn't like that lol.

I believe he did neglect Kaede quite a bit and even led her on but I guess that was hard for him to focus on after the things she did to him while kids. I mean he forgave her but it still had to have been hard on him. Again I'm happy with an Asa ending but Sia or Kaede would of been ok to. Nerine was just kind of bland and didn't really work with him. Primula had some more emotions at the end which was nice.

It was also good the little things tied up at the end like Asa's mother kind of meeting the 2 fathers. I still never got where was Asa's father? Nerine and Sia's mothers? None of that seemed explained at all.
Jul 17, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2009
have seen this movie till end ^^
well maybe i just give 8/10 for this anime

i don't like rin's character after all
if he didn't like kaede
why he just tell kaede about that instead of neglected kaede and just going with asa without ever think about kaede's feeling

but forget about it
maybe it just because i vote for kaede ^^

asa is nice but if i become rin i would be prefer kaede instead of her =P
Jul 21, 2009 2:57 AM

Nov 2007
Nice ending, some cliche parts but that's fine. Glad they put a lot of undone ends to a finish, definitely an enjoyable series.
Jul 23, 2009 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
I'm completely happy with the Asa ending. She was the only one who didn't force herself on him. Though I freaked out on Rin when he cut himself up. He definitely could have approached that situation differently... but as he said, he's stupid and couldn't think of anything else.

I'm really happy that this harem ended with a character that was not destined to be his from the very beginning.
I did see many hints from early on in this anime that Asa had a very good chance. I was always very unsure though whether this was a secret hint or just a prelude to an Asa arc.

I'm still debating with myself whether this is worth an 8 or a 9. It's definitely worth more than any other harem.
Jul 25, 2009 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
I'm left with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth after finishing this, gonna sleep on it and rate it tommorow, or i fear ill rate it incredibly low.
Aug 13, 2009 8:30 AM

Jan 2008
I'm absolutely satisfied with the Asa ending. I've been rooting for her from the beginning, she was definitely the coolest of them all! :3 But I never really believed they would end up together, not until I finally saw it. xD

And honestly, the characters and their development / history made the show.

This is what harem anime should look like!!

9/10

Aug 13, 2009 1:24 PM
Jul 2009
Well I can't say I liked the last episode... I feel like I missed something :X
Aug 25, 2009 6:08 AM

May 2009
Saorin said:
I'm absolutely satisfied with the Asa ending. I've been rooting for her from the beginning, she was definitely the coolest of them all! :3 But I never really believed they would end up together, not until I finally saw it. xD

9/10

that makes us 2 xD
Sep 8, 2009 9:07 AM

Jul 2009
Saorin said:

9/10

afterall this is not harem anime xD
it just a harem-VN adaptation with a lil fan-services(yes just a lil)
Sep 18, 2009 3:10 PM
Jul 2009
I love ending this ep xD
Sep 18, 2009 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
To me Shuffle was boring. There are maaaany similar anime that are 100 times better than this.
Sep 22, 2009 8:20 AM

Jan 2008
setsuna91 said:

afterall this is not harem anime xD
it just a harem-VN adaptation with a lil fan-services(yes just a lil)

Eh? Sorry, but what did I miss? There are several girls obviously in love with/fighting for a male protagonist.

Sounds like Harem to me =D And it doesn't matter what the original game was like.
Plus, most of these games that are turned into anime turn out to be harem anime, so sorry, but I don't see your point.

Sep 23, 2009 1:44 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Morkand-san said:
To me Shuffle was boring. There are maaaany similar anime that are 100 times better than this.

You know what they say about opinions...
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Sep 26, 2009 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
When I first watching the series, when I saw Asa Shigure; I kinda want Asa to be with Rin at that moment. I never thought though that it would happen. So, I'm really glad that Rin chose Asa. Haha!

+1

Also even if it was made peaceful ending on purpose - I'm glad. Throughout 3 entire eps I was like "If Asa's goin' to die I'm gonna hurt someone reeeeaaally baaaad". I guess my feelings could be best described by reading cyruz's review. As he stated - there are moment when I laughed my ass off, moments where I was angry, moments of suspense and surprise and moments where I was thinking "what the fuck just happened?". And that's a big positive.
After all I have a "different" method of rating anime. I don not ever give rating 1-3. 4 is a total crapshit and so raising to 9 is how I liked it so an anime that receives 9 is great at every point and I appreciate it a lot. But with 10's it's a bit different. I can give a 10 to anime that I loved really strong or hated as hell. Why is that? Because for me 10 is a strict emotional rating. Thus if I am seriously moved and my feelings are touched (f.e. tears, fastened heartbeat, a hidious frustration and so on.) it means the creators suceeded. That's why it exists - to give emotions and if one is able to release some strong emotions in me - that deserves 10.

Therefore even though I really really enjoyed the happy ending and that I like them in general and the fact that it still is 10/10 for me I feel that It would still be better (like 11/10) if Asa died. That may be cruel but I just see that it would give a stronger impact. I was wondering really strong wether or not rate it just 9 (just xD) but considering that at one moment (that was in ep 21 I guess though I'm not sure) while watching I allmost choked to death eating chips. That and many more situations finally decided about the rating.
Sep 26, 2009 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
I think Asa was the most suitable canidate. Why? Because her and Rin had the most realistic and down to earth relationship out them all. She didn't praise him and treat him like a king like the others did, it was normal.
DarthNicolas said:
It was really ok,and tho I would have preferred him to end up with some other girl*points at Kaede* it still went smoothly...

Possibly the worst choice. Kaede needed to get her independance, that what that whole arc was about! If she ended up with Rin, that whole arc was pointless.

Sia and Nerinine were in too much of a direct rivalary for Rin to pick one. Sia would have been the worst choice because the God Realm allows multible wives, this would have allowed his whole harem to be with him... That would have just been a lame ending >_<. And it would just be odd if he ended with Primula, she was treated as the little sister.

All in all it was a good ending. = )
Oct 13, 2009 1:57 PM

Sep 2009
I do not quite understand what was written before me, but I can say that the series is wonderful.
Very unexpected end. Because of the unpredictability I liked this anime.
Sorry for my bad English.
Nov 6, 2009 3:17 AM

May 2009
Screw u every1! No matter waht u guys say,I love the ending, i love Asa-senpai, i mean Asa-san ;)
9/10

Nov 15, 2009 6:33 PM
Nov 2009
Rin proved me wrong AGAIN! Yeah. He's done it. I didn't really predict that he'd get her to use magic the way he did until they showed the box cutter on the mountain. I always thought she would just give in like every other girl did... I still love Asa. So glad she lived! Kaede seems to have gotten better. She had too many issues for her to be with Rin. Some reason, earlier with all the Sia stuff. I was sure it was going to be them. But I'm glad it was Asa

9/10
Dec 6, 2009 3:36 PM

Oct 2008

How surprising..

The anime went the same route as what I would have done so.

Now that I have finished the anime, onwards to the visual novel..
Dec 12, 2009 3:08 AM

Jul 2009
Overall a very good anime. At first, it just like tipical anime harem but the more you watch it the more the story get better.
I'm ok with Rin being end up with Asa but i feel pretty sorry for Kaede. Her arc is the best arc imo although its creepy to imagine a elementry school kid doing such thing. I think she deserve more happiness. Too bad it's too late for her to let Rin know her true feeling. But this ending isn't bad either, i'm pretty satisfied with it.

PS : I'm glad Kaede did'nt become like Yuka from 11 Eyes
Dec 17, 2009 7:28 PM

Apr 2009
I love this series, but I prefer Kaede for Rin..T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2009 12:20 PM

Oct 2009
I'm glad Rin ended up with Asa-they're both fairly normal and they're pretty compatible.
The ending was ok... at least it wasn't a cliffhanger, lol.
Overall it was a pretty good series I thought.
Dec 29, 2009 8:00 PM
Dec 2009
I liked the ending. But personally, when I watch harem, I don't usually don't really care who the character ends up with as long as it makes sense, and for Rin, Asa did makes sense. The whole time I thought he was gonna end up with Kadae and that this was going to be just another friends to lovers story, but it wasn't. At all the important parts in the story, there were twists that made it different from all the other predictable anime. Asa really did seem like the best choice. Sure the, the other girls all loved Rin, but none of them really seemed quite right. And after Kadae completely lost it, you knew she wasn't going to be the one. And I absolutely love the scene where Rin cuts himself. When he took out the knife you could kinda see it coming, but it still got to me. I was actually cringing when I watched that and loved every second of it. All in all, this was a good series that had it's high points during the really dramatic parts. 8/10. But both scenes with the exacto-knives get 10/10 (the one in the ending, and the one in the long Kadae flashback) because those were jost so bad a**.
Dec 30, 2009 5:25 PM
Nov 2009
LOVED IT! A REAL ending and a great one too. Everything was cleared up even between Ama-chan and the Lords (though indirectly), everybody's life is back on track.

Sia and Kaede, future lovers ? ;)
Jan 13, 2010 3:52 AM
Jan 2010
The beginning always foreshadowed that this anime was heading for a major turning point. In the beginning, it was a typical but sweet harem style anime where a cute girl takes care of a lazy but nice guy and they are at home alone and living together, where some upper class girls and an oddball come into the scene and mess up that two-person relationship. Then comes the scenes where Rin is having nightmares of a rainy day and an argument with a younger version of Kaede.
I knew immediately after that where Kaede was going to stand as a character later on in the story. I took a deep breath, kept my calm, braced myself, and clicked on the "Episode 19" button, and when it was over, it was still as soul-crushing as I expected and left me in utter shock and disbelief, despite my previous hypotheses. The way that it turned out in the beginning story, the ONLY logical and fair choice would be Kaede, since she was introduced as a character who was childhood friends with Rin, shared the same pain as Rin, and cares for him deeply. Asa was a maybe, but Kaede was definitely an obvious pick...then later on in the story, Kaede turns from a caretaker angel to a sadistic, homicidal lunatic...
I can't really make myself believe that this giant U-turn of a plot made a better anime than the cliched, merry, happy-ending of a harem fairy tale (I.E: Love Hina), yet I can't make myself believe that this twist made a worse anime either...

The creators focuses SO much on the change between a light and happy setting, to a dark and secretive underground synopsis of all the characters, they even made the color of the later episodes duller to create a depressing effect. Have you guys noticed it too? Watch an episode from 1-5 then compare it to 20-24. EVERYTHING is duller in color, to signify tension, strife, and suffering.

But in general, this anime was cheesy in some areas, the dramatic effects MIND BLOWING, and the plot confusing, but satisfying somehow. I rate it 9/10.
Chopst1cksJan 13, 2010 3:55 AM
Jan 14, 2010 10:32 PM

May 2009
hirahira said:
I thought he would end up with Kaede but I was glad he ended up with Asa. this was the first time in a harem anime that the guy ended up with the right girl. I dont see why so many people were upset about it. He picked the girl that was actually sane and who wasn't clingy. what's wrong with that?

^QFT (also most of what Sloth-X said at the top of this page)
But I guess everyone has their own preference of girl

Asa was definitely the one who always cared about how Rin felt and was helping him out. I was up and down on how much I liked the other characters, but Asa was solid pretty much all the way through...
Except (this didn't make me dislike her character or anything and I guess they needed it for the drama, but I still have to say it:) her reason to not want to use magic made zero sense. Rin said as much - and couldn't he have tried saying what he said BEFORE resorting to a suicide attempt? Though I suppose what he did was the most sure way since he gave her something to actually use magic on that she really cared about.

Anyway, it worked well enough and I can't say I disliked these final arcs (they were better than most of the series - for me anyway).
Jan 14, 2010 11:47 PM
Aug 2008
I liked this series very much but, I feel it got off track from the original premise. First we have heaven/hell (if you will) battling for the affectiong of the male lead. Okay. Then at the end this is nowhere to be seen? I wish if they intended to use this they should have kept it, otherwise why not make them normal girls?

I loved the psycho child you killed my parents flash backs, the most unexpected and shocking twist I think I have ever seen. Kudos for giving me a stunner with that one.

As for the ending it was good I'm glad they made a desicion and gave us a pick em and did not pull a Mabuharo and try to dodge a bullet. I'd rather have a solid conclusion than some flim flam well lets keep the guy clueless and still unable to choose!
Jan 18, 2010 7:20 PM

Mar 2009
First thing's first: I wish he woulda went for Sia. Oh well, the red head hottie with a mischievous twin sister living inside of her will have to wait for her time to shine.

Anyways, I thought it was an interesting way to Asa to use her magic...even though we all kinda saw it coming. But first thing I thought when she got her long hair was "OMG, C2?!" But yeah, whatever. I'm just babbling now.

Its cute how Primula started school with everyone! And I'm loving how she's more outgoing with everyone. She was hilarious in a subtle way during the day at school half of the episode.

But what gets me about this entire series, with it's interesting plot twists and such, is that one guy who has like, what, 5 lines and you only see him 5 times, maybe less in the series. The dude that approaches Rin at school and Rin asks him "Who are you?" The dude that was hiding around a corner every time one of the girl's fanclubs decided to attack Rin.

Who the hell is that guy? It's driving me insane!!

Anyways, good series, I enjoyed it a lot! :)

Kira01 said:

But you gotta admit...

DarkIceXIIIJan 18, 2010 10:05 PM
Jan 20, 2010 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
wow. the most shocking (and interesting) part of this episode was during the credits where kaede fell on top of sia and the two shared a fond exchange of saliva. i dare say that is the most suggestive moment of this series, topping even all the nude scenes.
HevrothJan 20, 2010 1:28 PM
Jan 27, 2010 12:35 AM
Sep 2008
umm... I may have missed this but, as for the credits, is the sia x kaede smooch part of the actual of the visual novel foreshadowing into a yuri ending (for the asa route i would suppose) or just an anime fanservice....and is there actually a polygamy harem route in the game. I would really like to play it but the translation isnt finished.
Feb 2, 2010 6:45 PM

Jan 2010
lol watching this anime was pleasing, entertaining, the end = predictable, but loved it none the less, Asa being Rins choice was pleasing (I approve), though the choice between Sia and Asa would of been hard for me personally (but thats just me), and Kaede... i've heard that name in so many animes lately i wonder if its a trend (no offense)? either that or just heard it repeated so many times in anime it just kinda got stuck in my brain... *sigh* and the episodes when Kaede went insane i was like OH GOD not another "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" like anime!!! but luckily that wasnt the case (thank you creators of Shuffle! u made me happy) but yeah good anime even though i feel kinda like its missing something but oh well beats me anyways so yeah hope u enjoyed the anime as much as i did!
thanks for reading, laterz

Feb 18, 2010 11:36 PM

Aug 2009
Wow this Anime was AMAZING!

It prety much makes you feel every emotion possible, and it has such a great story to tell I really enjoyed it, I got scared near the middle i though Kaede was gona go school days on us D:

Woot Asa FTW i wanted her to win from the begining!! I also totaly saw Kaede and Sia going lesbo...

Great series
Feb 21, 2010 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
ONE UNPREDICTABLE ANIME COMING RIGHT UP!!!

~ended~
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 17, 2010 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
i hated!!!!!! i hated this anime huh... why rin chose asa-san!!!

asa-sempai older than rin!!!! huff... i hate this anime!!!

huh... >.<

bad ending!!!

Mar 20, 2010 12:57 AM

Feb 2010
Misel_chan said:
i hated!!!!!! i hated this anime huh... why rin chose asa-san!!!

asa-sempai older than rin!!!! huff... i hate this anime!!!

huh... >.<

bad ending!!!

yah....I'd rather choose Rin-chan and marry Sia-chan(polygamy) ^^..

Kaede is a good character but a tsundere.....Horrible eyes !!!!!
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 11, 2010 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
babykeiji said:
Haha! When I first watching the series, when I saw Asa Shigure; I kinda want Asa to be with Rin at that moment. I never thought though that it would happen. So, I'm really glad that Rin chose Asa. Haha!
I felt the same way.

At first i thought this was going to be your typical romcom harem, but it turned into a freaking emotional roller-coaster in the second half.

8/10, and i was thinking 5-6 before...
Apr 23, 2010 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
DeathfireD said:
DarthNicolas said:
It was really ok,and tho I would have preferred him to end up with some other girl*points at Kaede* it still went smoothly...

I totally agree. From the way it started and was progressing it seemed like Kaede would be the first choice for Rin. After all she took care of him, made lunch for him, and showed great affection because she loved him. I liked Asa at the start too. We all knew she liked Rin but she kept it strictly as a sister brother type connection because she knew Kaede really loved him. I had great respect for Asa because of that. Through out the whole series we barely see Kaede but when we do see her we notice she does things a g/f or wife would do for their b/f or husband. And because of her lack of screen time I was pretty sure they would have their own ark at the end where he finally notices all the work shes been doing for him and the way shes been acting and finally ask her out.

Then we have the date with Asa. This is when the show took a weird turn for me. All of a sudden everyone around Rin seemed to just pick Asa as his significant other because he was having more fun with her. That kind of irritated me but I still didn't lose hope in Kaede. She still didn't have her ark/air time yet so I was still waiting.

Then comes the whole Asa being sick arc where Rin basically treats Kaede like shit, ignores her, and totally disregards her feelings. It's no wonder she snapped after a few days. Her whole world has been based on being with Rin and now he basically said leave me alone I don't need you right now. Then we find out the only reason Rin's allowed Kaede to pamper him was because he's scared she would kill herself. He mentions the whole time he assumed the reason she pampered him was to atone for her past mistakes, which was not the case. She did all those things because she loved Rin and just wanted to be with him. Which he never got and by the time he heard her confession it was to late.

So in the end my opinion of Rin went from really positive to really negative. The whole series he was seen muttering to him self "was I really not paying attention to all their feelings?" every time something went wrong with one of the girls but he never once mentions this when Kaede is braking down and crying. It's as if he just didn't want to deal with her at all. I think there where so many better ways for him to express his self to her at the time. It's to bad he had to be an asshat.

The ending was nice and all but it just didn't feel right to me. After the whole ignoring of Kaede, I just didn't have that "Rin is a genuine nice guy" feeling anymore and I was left with bitter feelings and a false resolve. Kaede went from being a broken down suicidal girl to normal as if nothing happened. Which I think the producers did intentionally just to end the show and keep everyone on a positive note.

I probably would have given this show a 9/10 if I still had the same opinion about Rin all the way through the show even if he did end up with Asa in the end. But since he turned into an asshat I dropped my rank to an 8/10.

Yeah... that's pretty much how I felt too. My first choice would've been Kaede followed by Cici.
Apr 28, 2010 10:33 PM
Apr 2010
watch the epi 20..near the end

Rin : I've been thinking.

Kaede : What have you been thinking Rin?

Rin:Well , I think its time for me to leave this house.

Kaede:huh?!

*Primula drops her towel*

this is what went on her mind

'your gonna leave me behind with this psycho?'xDDD
Apr 30, 2010 1:48 AM

Jul 2009
I found myself dislike Rin's laugh..dunno why..
Asa win yeah! i like her in the game so of course she is my fav XD

6/10 though
May 3, 2010 7:45 PM

Jan 2010
I found this anime to be fantastic. I find it to be one of my favorites and I was sad when it ended. This anime holds a special place in my list ^^

*downloads the game*
May 5, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:

Asa win yeah! i like her in the game so of course she is my fav XD

She is a pure bitch!!!!!!!!!!!
May 11, 2010 7:25 PM

Sep 2009
Haha, I gotta be honest. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't know who he was gonna pick by episode 2. Nice change.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2010 6:53 AM

Apr 2010
DeathfireD said:
DarthNicolas said:

I totally agree. From the way it started and was progressing it seemed like Kaede would be the first choice for Rin. After all she took care of him, made lunch for him, and showed great affection because she loved him. I liked Asa at the start too. We all knew she liked Rin but she kept it strictly as a sister brother type connection because she knew Kaede really loved him. I had great respect for Asa because of that. Through out the whole series we barely see Kaede but when we do see her we notice she does things a g/f or wife would do for their b/f or husband. And because of her lack of screen time I was pretty sure they would have their own ark at the end where he finally notices all the work shes been doing for him and the way shes been acting and finally ask her out.

Then we have the date with Asa. This is when the show took a weird turn for me. All of a sudden everyone around Rin seemed to just pick Asa as his significant other because he was having more fun with her. That kind of irritated me but I still didn't lose hope in Kaede. She still didn't have her ark/air time yet so I was still waiting.

Then comes the whole Asa being sick arc where Rin basically treats Kaede like shit, ignores her, and totally disregards her feelings. It's no wonder she snapped after a few days. Her whole world has been based on being with Rin and now he basically said leave me alone I don't need you right now. Then we find out the only reason Rin's allowed Kaede to pamper him was because he's scared she would kill herself. He mentions the whole time he assumed the reason she pampered him was to atone for her past mistakes, which was not the case. She did all those things because she loved Rin and just wanted to be with him. Which he never got and by the time he heard her confession it was to late.

So in the end my opinion of Rin went from really positive to really negative. The whole series he was seen muttering to him self "was I really not paying attention to all their feelings?" every time something went wrong with one of the girls but he never once mentions this when Kaede is braking down and crying. It's as if he just didn't want to deal with her at all. I think there where so many better ways for him to express his self to her at the time. It's to bad he had to be an asshat.

The ending was nice and all but it just didn't feel right to me. After the whole ignoring of Kaede, I just didn't have that "Rin is a genuine nice guy" feeling anymore and I was left with bitter feelings and a false resolve. Kaede went from being a broken down suicidal girl to normal as if nothing happened. Which I think the producers did intentionally just to end the show and keep everyone on a positive note.

I probably would have given this show a 9/10 if I still had the same opinion about Rin all the way through the show even if he did end up with Asa in the end. But since he turned into an asshat I dropped my rank to an 8/10.
You could not have said it better man i really really felt it wrong in the last couple episodes in where they make Kaede character brake down in insanity really felt sad because i knew she was not going to edn with him after that... Asa was ok also but like you said everyone had problems and feelngs and it seemed the anime focuses more on Asa problems rather than the other girls. I would have loved Kaede as the winner it seemed like she deserved it but w/e good ending lol WTF with that last kiss Kaede and Sia that was funny and confusing.
Jun 27, 2010 5:17 PM
Jun 2010
I rate this show 5/10 :

First of all, the only way to enjoy this show is to only watch ep 1, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24. Everything between ep 2 and 18 is totally crap. the 3 supernatural girl's arc + that flat chest wierd color eyes girl arc are so boring and pointless.

Second, the creator of this show wanted something original and didn't want the main male character to end up with the "childhood friend" but he completely failed this part. I don't blame the male character's decision, actually everything shown in kaede's arc is logic and a clever way to explain why the hell this guy living with a girl who's doing everything for him and won't end up with her. BUT, they've put all the efforts in this arc and not in the other girl's arc.

It's possible to conclude that he might end up with kaede also, everything is possible inside's the main characters head. That's not the point. The point is :

Why the hell did he choose the other girl ? That's the mistake here, the creator of the show was trying to fool us from the beginning but never explained this part. Why would he choose the random girl who has almost nothing to do with him in his childhood, who keeps beating him up (lol).Instead of developing this part, they tried to literally screw with kaede's character and make her look like a psycho who deserves all the pain.

Third, the last 2 episodes are actually OK, didn't except the ending. The suicide attempt is good, but I still don't get why he cares so much about this girl. Yes, I may sound biased, but facts are facts.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

123 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » Whoelse thought Kaede was going to kill Asa

Lost_Hearts - Dec 9, 2023

0 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

77 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

voidbringer - May 27, 2008

90 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Shuffle! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

babykeiji - Apr 12, 2008

52 by Saku33 »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.