Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2022 10:50 AM

Apr 2021
Good episode. I remember the movies getting a lot of hate for how they draw Guts, but I think this episode portrayed him probably the best of any adaptation (for the 2D scenes). There were a few times specifically where he was drawn very very well to me, just like Miura would draw him as far as his face. But anyways, next time, the Eclipse. With how it's being advertised on their twitter, I do not expect anything else from the countdown on their website, but hey, you never know!
Dec 3, 2022 11:07 AM

Sep 2022
i almost drop this series, since it's actually tv recut of trilogy movie, but no. it's really getting interesting, since we're watching the eclipse for 3rd time.

i thought the ed song from previous episode would replacing the old one, but oh well.
Dec 3, 2022 11:12 AM

Jan 2020
Not much new here, but it does look much better than the movie.

On a side note, did they forget about the fairy dust? Or did Judeau just assume that it wouldn't work after such a long time?
Kinda bothered me, that it wasn't even brought up, although it was used just a few episodes ago, to save a dying Guts.
It also can't be the extend of Griffith's wounds, since it can heal much harsher ones.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Dec 3, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2021
Sasutaschi said:
Not much new here, but it does look much better than the movie.

On a side note, did they forget about the fairy dust? Or did Judeau just assume that it wouldn't work after such a long time?
Kinda bothered me, that it wasn't even brought up, although it was used just a few episodes ago, to save a dying Guts.
It also can't be the extend of Griffith's wounds, since it can heal much harsher ones.

Griffith is in far worse of shape than Guts ever was...it doesn't regrow ligaments etc.
Dec 3, 2022 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was not only filled with awesome looking action scenes (Guts' rage was already good, but the pursue scene was the cherry on top), but also with emotions. Dramatic rescue, finding Griffith in tragic state, realizing that the Band of the Hawk won't resurrect in glory once Griffith is brought back...

Next week's episode is gonna be grand. Just look at its preview.

raldinamos said:
i thought the ed song from previous episode would replacing the old one, but oh well.

Same. I was surprised when I heard the old song playing instead of that new one from the previous episode.
Dec 3, 2022 11:49 AM

May 2018
I love Shiro Sagisu work, but this third film and 2016 have the worst osts of his career. Not that the songs are bad, but I don't know... it's always felt off for me.

And I was also surprised that they went back to the previous ending for some reason.

von_Lohengramm said:
Griffith is in far worse of shape than Guts ever was...it doesn't regrow ligaments etc.

Dec 3, 2022 11:53 AM

Apr 2021
Derfel10 said:
I love Shiro Sagisu work, but this third film and 2016 have the worst osts of his career. Not that the songs are bad, but I don't know... it's always felt off for me.

And I was also surprised that they went back to the previous ending for some reason.

von_Lohengramm said:

I was more talking in the context of just Golden Age. If you're comparing it to later, then I would say maybe the "freshness" of it does matter, or like you said it could be that they don't have it anymore. Rickert said that was the last of it when he gave it to Casca, so maybe she used it all on Guts then, even. It could also have to do with the time gap between it happening to Griffith (1 year) and it happening over and over again. It's not like Guts where he would get hurt and have it immediately after.
von_LohengrammDec 3, 2022 11:57 AM
Dec 3, 2022 12:21 PM

Jul 2021
Great episode. Action was exciting and brutal. All characters struggled to figure out what to do and how they feel about the situation.

I can't help but be disappointed by the pacing still. The important scenes are there, but many of them are much too short, and before I know it they're moving on to the next scene.

Can someone tell me which scenes or shots are new, if any?

Corkus and the Band of the Hawk reacting to the news from Casca looked heavily CGI-animated (and the few hand-drawn shots a little rough), which makes me think the scene was added with Memorial Edition?
Dec 3, 2022 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
Oh damn I forgot how much stuff this part of the movie cut out and sped through, like actually damn
Dec 3, 2022 3:00 PM

May 2018
perseii said:
Great episode. Action was exciting and brutal. All characters struggled to figure out what to do and how they feel about the situation.

I can't help but be disappointed by the pacing still. The important scenes are there, but many of them are much too short, and before I know it they're moving on to the next scene.

Can someone tell me which scenes or shots are new, if any?

Corkus and the Band of the Hawk reacting to the news from Casca looked heavily CGI-animated (and the few hand-drawn shots a little rough), which makes me think the scene was added with Memorial Edition?

So far the only new scenes in the Memorial Edition are the extended dialogue in the cave between Guts and Casca, camp of dreams, Judeau and Guts at the bar, and the wounds chapter. Nothing else apart from some improvements in cgi models.

The next new scene will probably only be in the last episode when Guts is fighting ghosts since it's looks like they gonna adapt the declaration of war like it was in the manga (this scene in the movie is different).
Dec 3, 2022 4:21 PM

Dec 2018
wow i really love the pacing; so much happened and yet it was over in the blink of an eye. poor griffith, man can he even ride a horse anymore? i'd go back and crush that kingdom asap, maybe team up with their enemies. also, was the skull dude from the beginning the skull king or whatever? i mean it seemed pretty obvious but i want to see where it goes with that.
Dec 3, 2022 5:47 PM
Feb 2022
They fucking cut the fight against the Kushan mercenaries and the ape shit fight!! Totally unwatchable!1!1!1!!!!!!1!

Loved the music and ambience
Dec 3, 2022 7:05 PM

Jun 2019
von_Lohengramm said:
It could also have to do with the time gap between it happening to Griffith (1 year) and it happening over and over again. It's not like Guts where he would get hurt and have it immediately after.

This exactly... look at Guts' scar on his nose, it's too late to do anything now.
Dec 3, 2022 8:02 PM

May 2020
this ep was very fast-paced
well the eclipse is coming next ep
the countdown ends next week
Homura24Dec 3, 2022 8:08 PM

Dec 4, 2022 2:39 AM
Dec 2018
A strangely paced episode. Starts with an important moment, moves to a really fast and exciting part for half of it's run time and then slows down right to the end. It still hurts that there has been so much cut content from this specific part of the story. Both the encounter with Bakiraka and fight with Wyald are not present.
Dec 4, 2022 3:06 AM

May 2021
The preview for the Eclipse gave me chills even though I have read it.

Dec 4, 2022 6:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Skull Night! A bad advice!
Griffith was rescue, but it´s not the same!!! kekeke
Dec 4, 2022 1:18 PM

May 2018
So, Guts met the skull King , or at least in its ghost form, could it be that Guts will be the Skull king's successor?
Dec 4, 2022 3:07 PM
Nov 2022
GUTS SUBINDO E MATANDO OS CARA NA ESCADA ESPIRAL FOI FODA
Dec 5, 2022 4:35 AM

Jul 2016
Homura24 said:
this ep was very fast-paced
well the eclipse is coming next ep
the countdown ends next week

But the countdown does not line up with the episode time right?
Dec 5, 2022 6:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Saving Griffith just to see him that physically affected, now it's hitting Guts, I forgot how great this arc was for the whole mental part
Dec 9, 2022 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
Wish I was the one to have made griffith into that husk of a man.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 9, 2022 3:01 PM

Nov 2020
No Devil Dogs :(((.

Well, this episode was pretty good. Next episode things start to become even more fucked up xD!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Dec 10, 2022 5:08 AM

May 2015
This is a dark hour for the band of the hawks. But they rally behind guts and want to rally behind casca too! If that dark premonition wasn't being hinted at, I think they could make a good ending even without that Kingdom.
Dec 13, 2022 1:08 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode all in all, maybe would be better for Griffith to die, the torturing was too cruel honestly.
Is that even allowed XC

Overall I like this prequel story, before hell breaks loose.
Only from the episodes of this season, I wouldn't have expected a change to full dark fantasy.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2022 9:00 PM

Feb 2021
Hell episode are gonna started!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 16, 2023 7:03 AM
Jan 2017
bom sejam compreensivos com o griffth, ele sofreu tortura por 1 ano e tava zuado dms e já era meio quebrado das ideia
Apr 9, 2023 8:33 PM
Jul 2020
Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou! Taichiyou!
Sep 3, 2023 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
Griffith went through hell during his captivity.. but he was to blame, after Guts left he made the worst chain of decisions ever :S
Apr 20, 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
So much cut content from the manga. Oh well. Looking forward to the remaining episodes left. Surely, nothing bad will happen, and everything will resolve nicely.

More topics from this board

» Do I need to watch the old berserk to watch this?

Pink_Chipmunk - Oct 1, 2022

17 by iluvanime69 »»
May 6, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Homura24 - Dec 24, 2022

51 by Rhae »»
Apr 21, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 12 Discussion

Homura24 - Dec 17, 2022

30 by Rhae »»
Apr 21, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 11 Discussion

Homura24 - Dec 10, 2022

27 by Rhae »»
Apr 20, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Danae - Nov 26, 2022

58 by Rhae »»
Apr 20, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.