Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2022 1:10 PM
Sep 2020
Eloi100 said:
I have doubts about the episode if anyone can contextualize it.

First apologize for my poor English and also on behalf of the automated translator used :s

1 Why do captains or lieutenants not know the weak points of their stolen bankais prpios and face the thieves Quincy? Do not have the ability to fight without bankai?

2 because that clone beats kempachi when he is supposed to have a bankai that cannot be stolen,

3 because that clone has the memories and sees images d quincies dead 1000 years ago? when he is not the original? And if he’s so powerful that he stands up to the commander and gets rid of Kempachi,'cause he doesn’t make 13 clones or Infinite and it’s easier?

4 I like the CGI in Gral, I am not clear if it is cheaper or if it saves labor as it is said,but this CGI sta ahi, and not only in the skeletons,by that I mean that it is not the best CGI that there is currently and that is being implemented in the anime in general.

Because if you know that you can steal the bankai, once you discover that it is a clone,the second thing you say is bankai and is not your first choice? Or because knowing it does not adopt another strategy the commander?

5 Or because the Commander can’t perceive it’s not the original? The fluctuation of energy or potential emitted is not different according to the opponent’s range/potential?

To say that at the beginning I did not have much hope in Bleach,the first and second episody had rather OVA format by the theme Quincy, the blue world hollow instead of darker black but I think it has gone from less to more but...

Thank you

I have trouble understanding what you're saying but I will do my best:

1) Knowing a weakpoint doesnt mean you can fight against it especially when the captains already had trouble hurting the quincies before they started using the stolen bankai. That's why they started using bankai against those Quincies in the first place.

2) Zaraki has no bankai, that clone was simply stronger than Zaraki.

3) That clone is a Quincy. A real person, that clone cant clone himself. That Quincy's special ability is to copy a person's memory and experience. So that person basically has all the fighting experience Yhwach had before he got sealed. Zaraki also faced his twin brother who has a similiar ability. But his brother who copied Zaraki didnt have the memory and experience, so while he was physically as strong as Zaraki, he didnt know how to use Zaraki's body unlike the one who copied Yhwach.

4) I have trouble understanding this part. But I myself also dont think this CGI is very good in this fight. I however didnt mind the CGI during episode 1 with the Hollows.

5) I also have trouble understanding this one. So I will just vaguely guess what you mean with this one. Yamamoto explained the reason he used bankai was because he formed the conclusion that the Quincies can only steal bankai they have knowledge of. That's why he assumed the Quincies failed stealing Ichigo's bankai because it keeps improving. Yamamoto however hasnt used bankai in 1000years, so he believed they cant steal his because the bankai he has now is too different from the bankai he used 1000years ago.
This however was proven wrong when Yhwach appeared and said the only reason they didnt attempt to steal Yamamoto's bankai was because Yamamoto's bankai was too powerful to be stolen. Only Yhwach himself could steal Yamamoto's bankai.
Nov 14, 2022 1:11 PM
May 2020
the episode name says it
Dec 2015
Oh my god, what an insane fight
Jul 2018
This was proper FIRE.
Nov 14, 2022 1:12 PM
Mar 2021
Insane, the best episode of all seasons
Nov 14, 2022 1:15 PM
Aug 2014
Best episode of bleach period! RIP Yamamoto
Nov 14, 2022 1:18 PM

Nov 2020
TheSzel said:
>You can't steal my bankai because you don't understand it.
>Explains bankai the entire episode.
>Tries to use bankai and it gets stolen.

I mean sure that wasn't the reason they couldn't take it but either way it was a dumb idea lol.

I know what you mean, but Yhwach wasn't there when they were fighting, he was talking to aizen hence Yamamoto thought it was a good idea. Jugram was there on the other hand, but I believe he wouldnt dare interfere in fight.
Nov 14, 2022 1:25 PM
Dec 2020
This episode had one of my favorite manga fight, and the anime did it justice. The animation, soundtrack, and voice acting tie together very well which make it very impactful which made me feel very immersed in the fight.
Nov 14, 2022 1:35 PM

Jan 2019
astralkill00 said:
That was a great watch.
And now the strongest of all the Shinigami has now been defeated. I'm looking forward to the continuity of that cliffhanger. Will Ichigo alone with his friends shoulder the Soul Society again all by themselves? OwO
>And now the strongest of all the Shinigami has now been defeated
Huh!? You mean Aizen? Still sealed in Muken.
Nov 14, 2022 1:39 PM
Jul 2019
The episode is absolute perfection of a masterful adaptation.
Nov 14, 2022 1:43 PM
Jul 2022
YAMAMOTO OP BANKAI
Nov 14, 2022 1:43 PM
May 2018
An absolute spectacle of fire and Yama getting his moment to show why he's regarded as the strongest and why Aizen needed to seal his zampakuto in the Fake Karakura Town arc.

If I have a nitpick is that I wish they hadn't cut the Royd & Loyd backstory and explanation.
I see a lot of anime only's confused as to why Royd even manged to fool Yama and some didn't even understand that they're twins and that the guy Yama beat isn't the same one that Kenpachi beat.
I hope they show proper explanation at the start of ep 7.
Nov 14, 2022 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
OH MY FUCKING GOD! I wasn't ready for the anime-original Aizen scene!! I jump out of my seat when I heard his voice!

God man, seeing Yama-jii's bankai animated was GLORIOUS! Best episode so far for me!
Nov 14, 2022 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
I knew that when we had such a short pre-opening scene to this episode that we were going to see something special here.
I'm almost lost for words. What an incredible episode. I know it's cliché, it was so packed with action and information, but that really did feel incredibly short. I couldn't believe it was over.

To begin with, I'll say that the added scenes with Uryu and Aizen were an excellent pace-breaker to keep things slightly more under control.
Obviously, the highlight here was seeing Zanka no Tachi animated. You can tell Pierrot put their absolute all into animating those flames, and everything from Zanka no Tachi, East, West and North looked absolutely incredible.

But then there's ZnT South... I won't lie, I had an immediately negative reaction when I saw the CGI skeletons. Not really because I hated them (I can't say they looked particularly good), but because I was worried that people would use this one scene to tear down this whole episode, which I'm sure people will... The negatives are pretty obvious. It looked pretty janky, especially when compared to the top-tier hand drawn flames for the rest of his bankai. Also I dont know why if they were going to use one skeleton model over and over again they chose that one with the leftover hair, which made it much more obvious...
I don't know how production has been going for this series, but I can see the effort they put into the flames translating into less time for the skeletons but that might be a reach.
Now, this might be pure copium, but as I was watching the scene, the janky-ness of it reminded me of the stop motion you'd get in like the 1960s. Something that especially came to mind was the skeleton scene in 1963's Jason and the Argonauts (look it up if you don't know what I mean). It kind of added to the creepy, 'otherwordliness' of the scene, as much as it took the polish and shine away.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts right after watching the episode. I'd be interested if anyone agrees with me in particular.
Essay Over.
SpaceCowboyFinNov 14, 2022 3:41 PM
Nov 14, 2022 1:50 PM
Oct 2016
This episode was a visual masterpiece!!!!
Nov 14, 2022 1:56 PM
Aug 2021
Wait did aizen basically just say he’s gonna be the one to kill him
Nov 14, 2022 1:58 PM
Aug 2021
With the old man dead does that make ichigo is the strongest soul reaper now? Because honestly I don’t think any soul reaper could beat him beside the old man rip man
Nov 14, 2022 1:58 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode! The fight between Yamamoto and Yhwach is INSANE!! The heat I felt behind my screen when Yamamoto said his Bankai is 15 million degrees! 🔥​

Nov 14, 2022 1:59 PM

May 2016
Yamamto sure had a blast this episode been waiting for so many years for him to get into action and see his Bankai.
Nov 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Aug 2020
This episode is candidate for the best Bleach episode of all time. Man this was mindblowing 10/10 I can't wait for the next episodes but this was peak fire there are scenes from this episode that will get a legendary status I'm pretty sure
Nov 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Oct 2021
In my opinion, this is the best episode of Bleach yet. Everything about it was perfect. The fight between Yamamoto and Yhwach was so nutty that it made me fail NNN. And RIP to the old man, he went out in a blaze of glory.
SeiyaTempestNov 14, 2022 2:59 PM
Nov 14, 2022 2:03 PM
Jan 2018
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS PERFECTION I'M WITNESSING
Nov 14, 2022 2:03 PM
Nov 2020
IDK what to say except legendary episode !
Nov 14, 2022 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
GOD'S GIFT
Shiro Sagisu is wilding this week

What an absolute master class of an episode
Nov 14, 2022 2:16 PM
Jan 2022
I didn't expect yamamoto is sucha a powerfull motherfucker. Episode 10/10
Nov 14, 2022 2:23 PM

Oct 2018
we finally see the BANKAI of Yamamoto :O
Overcheat but still stolen by Ywacht
Goodbye Captain Yamamoto :'(
Nov 14, 2022 2:27 PM
May 2021
Yama vs Yhwach was phenomenal, the fight was perfectly animated. Honestly don't have much to say other than wow. I'm at a loss for words.
Nov 14, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2021
Zettaiken said:
Good episode.

Btw if you will pay attention to Ending Credits You'lll Notice at 23:04 Ryan White.

He is known as Retro Ryno who has done some fan animations [including "1st" episode of TYBW fan animation] for years and some people already argued that his animation "is better" than official As Nodt vs Byakuya. So what will be the argument of that kind of people when you see him in end credits of official episode?

Be aware of checking his other videos as he has done some little shorts of stuff which will happen in 2nd/3rd cour.
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSu0V0tos

Episode was great, I'd wish the skeleton scene was better but it still gave away the mood and feeling which was most important here.

Now that you mention it, I did not notice that some scenes and fight looked like it came from his fan animation or at least were heavily inspired by it. For eg As nodt vs Byakuya and Renji in the Opening was a lot similar to his fan animation and then Ep 5 when Byakuya get butchered by his own Bankai was also quite similar to his animation just that the character design were more consistent.
Lastly Yama's fight was filled with tons of sakuga and again, the ending credits just confirms why I felt like it looked similar to Retro ryno's fan animations. The movements were mind blowing and insane.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 14, 2022 2:49 PM

Apr 2016
Peak Bleach. Yamamoto and Aizen together, as a personal all-time favourite duo.

Great episode, direction and delivery. This should be a blueprint for actual animation classes being taught in universities.
Hope we get to see this quality throughout the rest of the fights.
Nov 14, 2022 2:56 PM

Nov 2020
hiddenhokage said:
Surprisingly, worst episode so far.

• Audio mixing was all over the place for this episode. Very bizarre choice with 1) either not having any OST at all for some moments or 2) having the OST be so quiet that you could barely hear it at all. Everyone's voices were super loud, but everything else was really quiet.
  • The animation wasn't the best, let's be real. Everyone wanted it to be, but it wasn't. The CGI was baffling (especially with the skeletons) and there were also a few animation frames that were reminiscent of the abominable Naruto VS Pain fight from way back when. Yamamoto jumping around like a monkey for no reason also felt a bit out of character.
  • The pacing and direction of the episode was really bad, which doesn't surprise me all that much when you realize the episode was directed by Ema Saitou of Boruto fame. They literally have no other credits except for a handful of Boruto episodes, most of which weren't even rated that high (below 4 stars). They rushed through Yamamoto's Bankai abilities and didn't give any of them any room to breathe before he was moving on to the next one. A Bankai this hype should have been given more room to breathe; when he said "Bankai! Zanka no Tachi", my reaction was literally "WHAT?" and not because I was surprised, but because it happened in such a weird, lame way without any kind of oomph to it.
  • The brief flashes back to a younger Yamamoto were also done in a really bizarre way (direction-wise), except for when Yamamoto he used Zanka no Tachi: Kita. That time it actually looked really cool.

Overall, I'll give this one a 3/5 (rounded up from 2.75/5), partly because my expectations were suuuuuper high (especially with the animators asking us to 'keep an eye out' for this episode on Twitter).

And I don't wanna trash the animators btw, they're overworked enough as it is. Besides, the animation wasn't even my main gripe with the episode, it was everything else surrounding it. The audio mixing, the poor directing, etc. The animation could have worked just fine if all the other aspects held up their end, but they clearly didn't.

EDIT: I've also realized this episode drops my overall rating of TYBW Season 1 from 8.7 down to 7.8 after reevaluating the current direction. It's a shame, but it is what it is. I hope they get their shit together for the rest of the cour.

Damn fr?
Like frfr?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Mald.
Best episode so far undoubtedly, being a 10/10 in every aspect.
Learn to appreciate different and unique animation styles.
Nov 14, 2022 2:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yamamoto's bankai demonstration was incredible but Yhwach really used a copy so he could counter it and steal the bankai + that final hit against Yamamoto damn, that episode was extremely tense
Nov 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Sep 2015
They really did Yamamoto's bankai justice in this episode, I like how they changed the lightning of the entire place when he activated it, and his eyes at the end when he accepts his death were remarkable. It's crushing to see him lose after such a showing. This fight with the Juha Bach clone is probably one of my favorite parts of the entire series. I reckon the part with Uryu was another one of those Uryu additions, in the manga I think they showed a depiction of his bankai through a painting on a wall rather than an illustration in a book?
The CGI fit the skeletons well, but it seemed like they all had the same hair, not sure. I would have prefered if most of them had no hair at all because if they all got this relatively long hair it makes less sense that they are the same characters that Juha Bach are supposed to recognize (who got different hair styles).
can dis sig fit
Nov 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Oct 2020
Amazing experience from start to finish.
Nov 14, 2022 3:02 PM

Jun 2017
This fight was pretty brutal in the manga as well, they did it justice I'd say. The visuals were super amazing.
Nov 14, 2022 3:09 PM
Oct 2022
Shinmalice said:
Eloi100 said:
I have doubts about the episode if anyone can contextualize it.

First apologize for my poor English and also on behalf of the automated translator used :s

1 Why do captains or lieutenants not know the weak points of their stolen bankais prpios and face the thieves Quincy? Do not have the ability to fight without bankai?

2 because that clone beats kempachi when he is supposed to have a bankai that cannot be stolen,

3 because that clone has the memories and sees images d quincies dead 1000 years ago? when he is not the original? And if he’s so powerful that he stands up to the commander and gets rid of Kempachi,'cause he doesn’t make 13 clones or Infinite and it’s easier?

4 I like the CGI in Gral, I am not clear if it is cheaper or if it saves labor as it is said,but this CGI sta ahi, and not only in the skeletons,by that I mean that it is not the best CGI that there is currently and that is being implemented in the anime in general.

Because if you know that you can steal the bankai, once you discover that it is a clone,the second thing you say is bankai and is not your first choice? Or because knowing it does not adopt another strategy the commander?

5 Or because the Commander can’t perceive it’s not the original? The fluctuation of energy or potential emitted is not different according to the opponent’s range/potential?

To say that at the beginning I did not have much hope in Bleach,the first and second episody had rather OVA format by the theme Quincy, the blue world hollow instead of darker black but I think it has gone from less to more but...

Thank you

I have trouble understanding what you're saying but I will do my best:

1) Knowing a weakpoint doesnt mean you can fight against it especially when the captains already had trouble hurting the quincies before they started using the stolen bankai. That's why they started using bankai against those Quincies in the first place.

2) Zaraki has no bankai, that clone was simply stronger than Zaraki.

3) That clone is a Quincy. A real person, that clone cant clone himself. That Quincy's special ability is to copy a person's memory and experience. So that person basically has all the fighting experience Yhwach had before he got sealed. Zaraki also faced his twin brother who has a similiar ability. But his brother who copied Zaraki didnt have the memory and experience, so while he was physically as strong as Zaraki, he didnt know how to use Zaraki's body unlike the one who copied Yhwach.

4) I have trouble understanding this part. But I myself also dont think this CGI is very good in this fight. I however didnt mind the CGI during episode 1 with the Hollows.

5) I also have trouble understanding this one. So I will just vaguely guess what you mean with this one. Yamamoto explained the reason he used bankai was because he formed the conclusion that the Quincies can only steal bankai they have knowledge of. That's why he assumed the Quincies failed stealing Ichigo's bankai because it keeps improving. Yamamoto however hasnt used bankai in 1000years, so he believed they cant steal his because the bankai he has now is too different from the bankai he used 1000years ago.
This however was proven wrong when Yhwach appeared and said the only reason they didnt attempt to steal Yamamoto's bankai was because Yamamoto's bankai was too powerful to be stolen. Only Yhwach himself could steal Yamamoto's bankai.

You’ve completely solved all my doubts 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Thank you so much for reading me and your answer 🔝🔝🔝
Nov 14, 2022 3:09 PM

May 2020
the animation looked great to be honest, lovely episode
Nov 14, 2022 3:17 PM
Jun 2020
This is probably the best episode in the history of Bleach, head to head with the Ulquiorra vs Hollow Bankai Ichigo, but the take on this episode it's clearly better for the long waited Zanka No Tachi unveil and the Yamamoto Genryuusai death, also we finally get to see papi AIZEN-SAMA. My god this episode is flames literally, my take: Best Bleach episode ever, best episode in anime 2022, best fight in anime 2022 and of course Bleach best anime of the year, no CSM or SXF lame ass
Nov 14, 2022 3:21 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, this was definitely my favorite episode so far, one part Yamamoto's battle and how it was portrayed on screen, and another part the first appearance of Aizen in the new anime! I am still really hoping for more Aizen in the anime than in the manga, I think it might be possible since we are getting more scenes with Uryu at this point.
Definitely some of the coldest shots and sequences of the whole series in this episode, once again I applaud Studio Pierrot for this!
Nov 14, 2022 3:25 PM
Nov 2017
based and unexpected
Nov 14, 2022 3:30 PM
Dec 2020
insane quality!!!
Nov 14, 2022 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode of tybw so far yet it was to be expected since its adapting one of the best chapters of bleach lol. The 1st invasion was decent in the manga, but the anime is still making it far superior. Hopefully the rewrites from Kubo in part 2 makes it a much more palatable story once animated but I still have my doubts.
Nov 14, 2022 3:51 PM

Mar 2020
Soutaichou's bankai Zanka no tachi!! It's an overwhelming Bankai.

Animation is great! Looking forward next week.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 14, 2022 3:53 PM
Oct 2020
That was a pretty cool fight. Still wish the anime made it so that Yamamoto completely cut the fake in half instead of just mostly cutting him.
Nov 14, 2022 3:56 PM
Jul 2014
Better than the manga, and I don't say that lightly. Kubo's art for this fight is phenomenal and only an A+ job from the staff was going to match that, and they did. Not only that, but the added content with Uryu, the brief flashbacks to the past of the first time Yama and Yhwach fought, and actually showing the conversation between Yama and Aizen elevated this episode even higher than I thought it would. I know not everyone loves the twist at the end of the fight, and that's understandable, but since the Bankai stealing medallions are a thing that exist in this arc, it was the only way we were going to see Yama's Bankai in full.
Nov 14, 2022 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
10/10. What an episode!
I read people saying they spent 90% of their budget on this as a joke but man, they might have actually spent too much :D
Just a question. Wasn't the "Yourself" guy already killed by Zaraki?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 14, 2022 4:01 PM
Oct 2022
it was insane, the fight was peak
Nov 14, 2022 4:11 PM
Jun 2013
If only they didn't used cgi in the skeletons would be a absolute 11/10, Zanka no Tachi South was my favorite part of the fight in the manga, it was absolutely insane and creepy with Kubo art but here unfortunately the (decent at best) cgi removed a good part of the horror and creepy factor of the scene, but the rest was pretty much perfect, they actually did the real Ywach reveal part a lot better, in the manga was quite confusing.
Nov 14, 2022 4:14 PM
Oct 2019
oh my goodness!! THE SAKUGA!!!
STRAIGHT UP FIRE!!! 🔥🔥🔥

STUDIO PIERROT Deliver the Quality!!
This is the reason why Bleach should stay as seasonal Anime.
(I hope whenever Black Clover is back, it come back as seasonal as well)

BANKAI! ZANKA NO TACHI!

all of that for impostor...
SHIT!! i knew it, that was too easy to kill Yu-Ha-Ba-Ha.

now he got Yamamoto Bankai? WTF
NOOO YAMAMOTO GENRYUSAI!!
Nov 14, 2022 4:28 PM
May 2015
The BEST episode of the year, the animation and storytelling was breathtaking.
Goodbye Old Man
Nov 14, 2022 4:34 PM
Apr 2021
I dont have enough stars to rate this episode,it was so awesome.
im enjoying this arc so much more than i did while reading it, and the high quality of this adaptation has a lot to do with that. they are killing it, cant wait for next week
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

580 by clairess »»
Apr 28, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

k11chi - Oct 9, 2022

1852 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 9, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

218 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.