Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
finally, the day we've all been waiting for!

amazing first episode, w/solid animation all around. it seems to have adapted the first few stages of Chapter 0 from the game including prologue, which is nice. hope they keep a consistent schedule throughout the 8 eps.

Pretty satisfied with how they adapted the game's gameplay to anime form. doctor really be conducting the battles via a phone lol

Silent we shall be, should conflict be avoidable - but fight tooth and nail, should it be necessary!

Anime definitely gonna be overlooking the weakest part of AK's story; however, i think it's still gonna be quite fun. looking forward to the next episode!!
Oct 28, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2019
Quite good, honestly.

I didn't know what to expect, from someone who has played the game, but don't quite remember earlier chapters, it's a refreshner

Oct 28, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2020
I remember I have to torture my eyes watching Hoshi no Samidare after this
Oct 28, 2022 10:39 AM
Dec 2019
ep 1 was pretty good
I love the animation style/quality and how the scenes looked so beautiful with this animation.
It felt exactly like the introduction to a game (the mc wakes up with no memories, all your comrades hope that you still can command the team/crew to defeat the bad guys) and the "mission" which we saw in the ep was probably the tutorial when you play the game for the first time.
Looking forward to the next ep with the hopefully same wonderful animation quality ^^

Oct 28, 2022 10:40 AM
Oct 2021
A fine start, though the action scenes are quite lacking tbh. We'll see how it goes from here.
Oct 28, 2022 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
I haven't played the game for a long time, but the first episode was boring.
But I will continue to watch for animal girls
Oct 28, 2022 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Drinking game
Everytime Amiya says the word 'Doctor', you have to drink.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 28, 2022 10:48 AM
Dec 2016
It's very well done, definitely limited with the animation as they mainly go for close up shots and cut perspectives but I'd say for a probably small studio like Yostar Pictures this is a very solid start, I love the color tone of the art very much, instantly shows how dark the atmosphere of the setting is.

Only problem I'm seeing about this episode is many new watchers who's never played the game might be more confused than the Dokutah themself, considering how much info dump they gave out in a small amount of time, even for me as a long time Dokutah, I'm still quite overwhelmed by it.
Oct 28, 2022 10:51 AM
May 2020
I loved it, the scener ywas nice, the voice acting and the animations is also nice, hope it keep being this good and i recognize some scene i read from the actual game.
Oct 28, 2022 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed it, it's interesting how they adapt the 'gameplay' in the anime. As expected, it has many info dumping, but you can clearly see the tense atmosphere of Arknights world in this episode.
Oct 28, 2022 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
As one would expect, pretty slow and info heavy like the game. Though I am happy to see these characters move in TV format. I can excuse the slow start.

Seems to be a faithful adaptation, and from I remember the beginning of the game’s story was sort of weak comparatively to what comes much after it. I imagine we’ll get multiple seasons of this I hope. But they can definitely get the beginning chapters out of the way in 8 episodes.

Looking forward to next week, and hopefully we get that OP and ED
2D > 3D
Oct 28, 2022 10:58 AM
Apr 2017
Best Yostar animation. One of the best gacha adaptation. Never i imagine a chinese F2P Gacha games can get an adaptation this good
Oct 28, 2022 11:01 AM

Jul 2011
Doc..doc..Dokutah!

This had the treatment that Girls Frontline could get if another season happen.

Chernoborg description sound like a cover-up, the city even have what looks like the Chernobyl dome in the middle.

This was more dark and distressing than I thought it would be. Killing kemonomimi girls is a horrible crime.
Oct 28, 2022 11:01 AM
Jun 2019
This is a great start!
Can't wait to see the other characters.
Oct 28, 2022 11:05 AM
Jun 2021
tava hypado pra isso, incrivel
Oct 28, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2010
Really good pacing and great directing high hopes for this adaptation.
Oct 28, 2022 11:08 AM
Feb 2020
Yeah the episode started slow, but everything else was really really good. The lighting and animation was spot on, albeit not the best sakuga animation you'll see from the likes of demon slayer/mob psycho/csm etc. Imo, the way they involved the doctor into the battle was much better than what I had thought of. I think I set my expectations too low for that, but my expectations for the overall storytelling? I don't know, I hope it improves, because the info dumping made me worried about people getting overwhelmed or worst, bored. Also, as someone who read the story from source material beforehand, I actually learnt a few new things from watching this episode. Here are my hopes and prayers for more awesome episodes to come!
Oct 28, 2022 11:12 AM
Jun 2020
omfg. It's finally here. So nice to see them fully animated.

a pretty nice introduction to those who don't know arknights.
I honestly have no idea on what they're gonna do with the strategy aspect(PRTS) but they did it, tho I think the A.I's voice is unnecessary. I cringe at that "mission accomplished"
a fairly strong 1st episode. animation was superb, they didn't faqin hold back.
Oct 28, 2022 11:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We only got the context of the episode at the end but the disease thing and rebellion army aspect look interesting but otherwise it was mainly boring due to how confusing it was without the context (except thanks to the synopsis from the website)... Well that's a game adaptation so what to expect, it doesn't seem to be welcoming to newcomers actually
Oct 28, 2022 11:15 AM

Mar 2021
This is pretty good. It very much felt like I was a watching a movie.
Oct 28, 2022 11:23 AM
Feb 2022
can i watch this even if I haven't played the game?
Oct 28, 2022 11:23 AM

Oct 2018
Yostar finally making their full-length TV debut and what a phenomenal result. The atmosphere is absolutely perfect with so much subtlety present not only in the character acting but also in the sound design utilizing the ambience to the full potential. Yuki Hayashi's soundtrack here is also different from that of his more popular works but this is the type I like from him. In terms of the storytelling, a big part of it was info dumps using the "amnesia" of the doctor but I'm definitely impressed and intrigued enough to continue.
Oct 28, 2022 11:26 AM
Oct 2021
Demon_lord106 said:

Yes, it's adapting the beginning of the game. So even if you go play the game, you'll see the same story but longer.
Oct 28, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, i can't believe it's actually finally here. An arknights anime series, that's wild. I played the game back orelease for a little bit and I enjoyed it for what it had to offer, and so when I heard they were making an anime of it, I got interested.

The episode was okay. It's only the first episode so I can't expect much yet but overall it felt a bit slow. I'm sure they will pick up the pace after this first episode though.

EDIT: oh and i forgot to mention, i really liked the way the whole episode looked. had pretty nice color choice and the whole vibe of it is pretty cool.
jsookaOct 28, 2022 11:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2022 11:28 AM
Feb 2022
Secret333 said:
Demon_lord106 said:

Yes, it's adapting the beginning of the game. So even if you go play the game, you'll see the same story but longer.

I see, so theres no prob without me playin the game and watching it
btw is it interesting story?
Oct 28, 2022 11:29 AM
Jul 2019
10/10 first episode, I honestly thought this anime will be a flop, they're surpassed my expectation, good job
Oct 28, 2022 11:32 AM
Jul 2021
I thought it was really good!

(especially since I started playing Arknights not long ago)
Oct 28, 2022 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
i dont even have high expect about animation but wow, the animation is good and some bgm too
but too much talking, if it normal ppl watch it will feeling bored, but if someone can even watch something like Godzilla Singular Point then maybe can watch something like this too but still too many info even as an player like me still feel some what dry
watch the anime even just first ep already make me remember what doctor can do and about lore....it scary.....
Oct 28, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2020
Demon_lord106 said:

Yes, its newbie friendly. The first episode covers the very beginning scene in the game, but as any introductions are, you might get confused from the terms and words being told. So I suggest reading the synopsis first, hopefully that'll ease you from being overwhelmed. But overall, I think its a good episode, and I hope you enjoy.
Oct 28, 2022 11:36 AM
Feb 2022
Akumaru03 said:
Demon_lord106 said:

Yes, its newbie friendly. The first episode covers the very beginning scene in the game, but as any introductions are, you might get confused from the terms and words being told. So I suggest reading the synopsis first, hopefully that'll ease you from being overwhelmed. But overall, I think its a good episode, and I hope you enjoy.

Arigato imma see it
Oct 28, 2022 11:37 AM
Feb 2020
Demon_lord106 said:
Secret333 said:

From the synopsis alone, I do believe the premise is really interesting, from this episode you'll get to know the atmosphere and conflict that exists within the story. You can watch the 3rd and 4th Prelude to Dawn trailers up on youtube for a taste of it.
Oct 28, 2022 11:45 AM

Apr 2018
Donùt know much about it, but I'm really fond of the artstyle. So crispy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 28, 2022 11:46 AM
Oct 2021
Demon_lord106 said:
Secret333 said:

I can't tell what you'd find interesting since that's different to each person.

This story deals with many mature themes like death, discrimination, the value of lives and stuff like that.

As far as the mechanics of how everything goes, it' pretty solid. Though you have to wait a bit for elements of the worldbuilding (like the magic system, the different factions and countries, the important figures and events in history) to solidify, so you might find yourself wondering about a few things at the start. Most people, me included, will tell you that it gets better as it goes, and as you learn more things that contextulize events you've seen before.

So yeah, it's a good story, and I'd recommend it.
Oct 28, 2022 11:51 AM
Jul 2015
Demon_lord106 said:

I'd recommend you to play the game if you are okay with reading as it covers many many things which are cut in anime. The episode has different scenes to suit its own pacing and I don't blame it as it is already much difficult to adapt the story. You could watch the story one by one on youtube if you don't like playing the game.

Story is by far the best I've ever seen imo. It has a MASSIVE world building with many side stories that takes place at different points in time from the main storyline, giving you the idea of how the world actually works and how the situation is like in other nations, etc. and not just stick entirely to the main cast. The whole world feels like a living breathing world with tons of characters. Ultimately everything connects and merge into the main branch at some point, it's like piecing a jigsaw puzzle together, see the whole picture and get mindfked.
sunny_senpaiOct 28, 2022 11:54 AM
Oct 28, 2022 11:56 AM
Oct 2022
Very efficient set up and world building for what is to come. Admittedly a bit slow for new comers but as an entrenched fan I am very happy with what has been shown so far.
Oct 28, 2022 11:58 AM
Nov 2011
for a mobile game adaptation, first episode was a 10/10. interesting from beginning to end
Oct 28, 2022 12:01 PM

Feb 2021
who plays the game? i'm looking for more active friends, preferably if you guys have E2 support units
Oct 28, 2022 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
This was a rly nice start, even if I know the story, it was refreshing and well done. I can't wait for more ^^
Oct 28, 2022 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
shironeko13 said:
who plays the game? i'm looking for more active friends, preferably if you guys have E2 support units
I play since day one :v
Oct 28, 2022 12:05 PM

Feb 2021
Sairentou said:
shironeko13 said:
I play since day one :v

you have any friend spaces open?
Oct 28, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 2020
IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Man, it was so great to finally see Arknights characters in their animation form. A solid start for the first episode and greatly captures the dystopian and depressing mood just like the game.

So excited for the next episode!
Oct 28, 2022 12:12 PM
Jul 2015
Idk if I'm tripping but I think this was a nice reference to the "giant eye in the sky" shown in-game even though that looks like lights in the bg of anime

Oct 28, 2022 12:12 PM
Oct 2021
BlakexEkalb said:
Decent episode

I don’t like how they left the revolutionists alive. Either capture them or kill them. Just beating them up isn’t going to make them turn from bad to good; they’ll simply go and kill other people. Plus, isn’t a catastrophe/natural disaster coming? If they’re still unconscious after a few hours they’ll die either way so trying to keep them alive didn’t even work.

If Amiya says the name Doctor one more time I might lose my mind.

As someone else said, the whole “commanding” thing felt weird. It’s just using drones and probably calling out orders. From how they were hyping it up I thought it would’ve been something unique and special.

Besides those criticisms, the sound design is nice and the animation looks good. I dig the art style. The aspect ratio makes it more popping.

I don't think they can capture them, that'd be an unnecessary burden on the squad, especially since their mission is to get out of there. The desire to help the mother and her child was like a side mission that Amiya decided to do, and she was going to prioritize focusing on getting out if the doctor didn't say he was up for it. And keeping them alive is consistent with Rhodes Island's values, since they want to avoid killing whenever possible.
Oct 28, 2022 12:22 PM

Aug 2016
Being hyped since that CN 2.5 livestream, and we are finally here. and OH MY GOD I'm so happy!!
I can't speak for new people and there experience, but for me this was as perfect as this start could be. the main characters was introduced in a reasonable pace, and the lore dumps about renunion, oripathy and PRTS felt a little bit like exposition, but it was fine by me. I'm curious on what people who haven't played the game think about that, as in would they be able to grasp all that.
Oct 28, 2022 12:26 PM
Oct 2022
I still want to know how Yostar picture will do with another episode.
Oct 28, 2022 12:38 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly, production was (surprisingly) good. Confused why they 2d'd everything including background reunion mobs and garbage in the water lmao...

Animation good. Music great. The colors, camera, music, overall everything audio-visual felt pretty intentional. no op or ed first ep was surprising. and kinda nice the anime is 21:9.

The story and pacing though... Strongly put, not very interesting.

First 2 mins was almost completely unnecessary - All that info is repeated again later on in the ep. Most of the first ep is info-dumping, which isn't always a problem given how intentional the scenes feel. But when you're info dumping AND you're stuck with the exact same under-Amiya pov shot for 5% of the whole-ass ep... as the 2nd scene, kinda turn-off.

Conversations seem to happen for the sake of dumping info or building chars. Two higher-ups in a squadron arguing in the middle of an open area in enemy territory about what to do... The dialogue feels more about presenting char traits then making any sense. Unless Amiya has been leader for 30s, should be common sense she'd be risking everyone's lives by chasing two civilians to the enemy. Doberman also needing to explain this heatedly to "leader" in enemy territory is also questionable at best.

Mother instantly becoming hostile/aggressive waking up after being saved from certain death? Obviously trying to show the discrimination against oripathy, but it just feels hella awkward given how meek she was seconds ago.

Then some mechanically questionable, weird, game-to-anime adaptation issues like why the hell were they carrying around scouting-drones until doctor logins to his phone? Use the damn things, your lives are at stake...

--
Only time the dr had any lines that weren't info-dumps were "phase one, two, three four". Definitely a safer adaptation of the source, but kinda wish they could have gone ham with the doctor's char or gathered up the writers to completely flesh out the doc. Rather than mysterious, doctor mostly suffers from the same issue most game adaptation mcs have of being a tag-along protag.

Slightly concerning for future eps. Since the doctor has no established personality yet, there'll never be any meaningful conversations with the mc (unless a personality is developed). Only more info-dumping and explanations.

All in all like a 7-8/10 and definitely better so far than most game adaptations, but really felt more like an ep 0, than an ep 1. Most of the info presented would have come up again later on throughout the story or become apparent to the viewer naturally. Hopefully there's more showing and less telling in future eps.

InorichiOct 28, 2022 12:45 PM
Oct 28, 2022 12:42 PM

May 2019
Wow. Honestly it's a dream come true watching this. Been playing the game for a little more than 2 years now, and seeing this is incredible. 2 years in the works, and I can see it. The animation, the soundtrack, the voice acting, wow. The love put in this anime is real. Honestly I had some doubts but they pulled through and truly put well the world building, complexity, and strategies the game could never do. I'm excited for the next ep.
Oct 28, 2022 12:47 PM

Oct 2020
actually crazy good for a game adaptation
ps honkai please join the trend tyvm

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Oct 28, 2022 1:02 PM
Mar 2022
It is ok for now I hope to be better
Oct 28, 2022 1:08 PM

Apr 2009
Drink each time she says "DOCTA".
the furry ears are just a fetish choice.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Dec 16, 2022

93 by bushman66 »»
Mar 11, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Nov 18, 2022

57 by soupeatinger »»
Jan 14, 5:29 AM

» Official Survey - Which side story do you want to see animated?

Yaggamy - Nov 27, 2023

3 by 5U35 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 9, 2022

68 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Arknights: Reimei Zensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mcsuper - Dec 2, 2022

52 by mreo »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.