Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2022 3:41 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

In June, we added a new design tool to breathe life into your profile's About Me. The Modern About Me allows you to easily create a sleek profile without needing to know BBCode or how to slice and dice images.

There are 10 standard, 4 holiday, and numerous anime templates to choose from.

Now, we have added an extra customization option for MAL Supporters which allows subscribing members to further adjust the:
  • Header font
  • Text and background colours
  • Background image or pattern

For non-subscribing members, we will continue to grow the availability of anime templates and offer limited-time themes.

Speaking of which, there are less than 2 weeks left to grab one of our summer sets! Check them out.
Sep 16, 2022 4:52 PM

Feb 2010
If it's not already there, please allow custom border text color so ppl can make it transparent (for rendered shapes, badges, tickets, and other pngs in the About Me)

Code/example:

.l-ranking-list_rectangle-item-img {
border: 1px solid transparent;}

Before, pointing to the border throwing off the render

After the color is transparent, happy ticket display with no awkward outline
Shishio-kunSep 16, 2022 4:56 PM
Sep 16, 2022 11:38 PM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
So it doesn't affect me even though I got supporter 🤣

Money invested well folks. Take notes!
Sep 17, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2020
Sep 17, 2022 8:45 AM

Jun 2021
Nice extra customization option for MAL Supporters (although, there really should be more).

Still no BBCode support? Please make BBCode available on the 'Modern About Me' as well so we can still link our blog entries (like an index of sorts). I'll use the 'Modern About Me' once BBCode (or even markdown) is enabled.

Also, there are so much space wasted on the 'Modern About Me'. Allow users to resize images and fonts or have an option to display bigger pictures.
Sep 17, 2022 9:34 AM

Jan 2021
I hope you improve mal's mobile app, too.
Roxy

Sep 17, 2022 11:28 AM

Apr 2020
IridescentJaune said:
Still no BBCode support? Please make BBCode available on the 'Modern About Me' as well so we can still link our blog entries (like an index of sorts). I'll use the 'Modern About Me' once BBCode (or even markdown) is enabled.

I second this, not being able to use BBCode is the only thing holding me back from using the modern designs.
Sep 19, 2022 3:01 AM
Aug 2022
Cool I like it
Sep 27, 2022 7:19 PM
May 2021
Does it matter
Jun 2, 2023 10:30 PM

Jun 2021
Starslayer_ said:
IridescentJaune said:

I second this, not being able to use BBCode is the only thing holding me back from using the modern designs.

And it's still the case. I really hope they'd add BBCode on the 'Modern About Me' soon...
Nov 8, 2023 1:33 PM
Jan 2011
Reply to Starslayer_
IridescentJaune said:

@Starslayer_ Thirding this, still no BBCode :/ I like the recent list but I don't want to completely revamp my About Me...
Nov 8, 2023 2:05 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Eternichi
@Starslayer_ Thirding this, still no BBCode :/ I like the recent list but I don't want to completely revamp my About Me...
@Eternichi Yeah. I'm currently using the 'Modern About Me Style', though. But I also can't even revamp it without losing my current design. I mean I want to try other themes with another anime franchise but I'd want to save my current design as an option so when I change my mind I can just revert to my old design easily and not have to build everything from scratch again. I'll be reverting back to the 'Classic About Me Style' after the Halloween month, I guess. The 'Modern About Me Style' is so limited (even with the MAL Supporter!). There's no option to label the links on the images. Plus, there are too much unutilized space that the design just cuts off depending on the settings enabled (ranking, description fields, etc.).

Oh, and I didn't get any response in a related thread...
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2121172&id=69979533
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2121172&id=69987820
Nov 8, 2023 6:55 PM

Dec 2021
Well new update, i hope you improve mobile app aswell.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Riley Dragneel | Discord: @_vulcann
Nov 9, 2023 9:44 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
the modern About Me looks so generic and boring, even for a mal supporter there's not much customization. I'd love to be able to drop and swap widgets at least in there. Think of something like carrd-- It's all in a WYSIWYG editor, but it also allows for more detailed editing like gutters, border, spacing, etc etc. Pictures, text, and other types of media can be places in any size or shape, in any order.

of course, you'd block off html and such for safety purposes. however, I think that it could be a lot better than it is. Especially if these 'extra features' are to be a drawcard for supporters.

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by Jeniferu4edy »»
5 minutes ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

211 by niladribarua »»
8 hours ago

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.