Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2022 11:51 PM
Nov 2019
Finally decided its time to start Fate, but where do I start? What is the actual watch order for the show? Pls help
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2022 12:07 AM
Jan 2022
If you just wanna watch a single season, then watch Zero and quit but if you wanna get into Fate Franchise then

Go with the release order,

Alot of people will say start with Zero or UBW and will also tell you to skip the 2006 Studio deen route, but i highly recommend watching the 2006 route first even tho its messed up it works best as a introduction to the Fate world and with the stuff being revealed as it should be.

So the order i recommend is :-

Fate Stay/Night (Studio Deen)
Fate Zero
Fate S/N Unlimited blade works
Fate S/N Heavens feel
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Aug 19, 2022 12:08 AM
Jan 2021
The best and easiest order is this
Fate zero
Unlimited blade works
Heavens feel movie 1-3
Fate apocrypha
Fate Extra
Fate Grand order

And then you can watch the magical girl and slice of life spin-offs in any order :)
May 2021
EmpireX7 said:
Finally decided its time to start Fate, but where do I start? What is the actual watch order for the show? Pls help

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006
Fate/stay night unlimited blade works prologue
Fate/stay night unlimited blade works s1,s2
Fate/stay night heaven's feel 1
Fate/stay night heaven's feel 2
Fate/stay night heaven's feel 3

This will conclude the main fate series but if you want more from the franchise then watch

Fate/grand order
Fate/grand order grand temple of time - solomon
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

Follow this order don't listen to others trust me it is not complicated once you start the series.
Sand_bagAug 19, 2022 1:15 AM
Jan 2021
Khalnayak2002 said:
If you just wanna watch a single season, then watch Zero and quit but if you wanna get into Fate Franchise then

Alot of people will say start with Zero or UBW and will also tell you to skip the 2006 Studio deen route, but i highly recommend watching the 2006 route first even tho its messed up it works best as a introduction to the Fate world and with the stuff being revealed as it should be.

Fate Zero
Fate S/N Heavens feel

You see the problem with this is the fact that fate stay night by studio deen is not that great and would ruin people that wants to get into fate
JajinAug 19, 2022 12:16 AM
Aug 19, 2022 12:13 AM
Jun 2022
1. Fate zero season
2. Fate zero season 2
3. Fate stay night
4. Fate stay night unlimited blade works movie
5. Fate stay night unlimited blade works prolouge
6. Fate stay night unlimited blade works     season 1
7. Fate stay night unlimited blade works     season 2
8. Fate stay night unlimited blade works sunny days
9. Fate stay night heavens feel 1 presage flower
10. Fate stay night heavens feel 2 lost butterfly
11. Fate stay night heavens feel 3 spring song
12. Todays menu for the emiya family

1. Fate Extra last encore
2. Fate Extra last encore illustrias geocentric theory

1. Fate grand order first order
2. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 1 camelot wandering agatram
3. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 2 camelot paladin agatram
4. Fate grand order absolute demonic front babylonia
5.Fate grand order the final singularity grand Temple of time solomon
6. Fate grand order moonlight lostroom

1. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya
2. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei
3. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei herz
4. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 3rei
5. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya vow in the snow
6. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya licht nameless girl

Fate grand carnaval

Fate carnival phantasm

Fate prototype

Fate apocrypha

after this there are also a lot of diffrent specials you can watch but you need to look for those your self.
Aug 19, 2022 12:14 AM

Apr 2021
Jajin said:
Khalnayak2002 said:

Fate Zero
Fate S/N Heavens feel

You see the problem with this is the fact that fate stay night by studio den is not that great and would ruin people that wants to get into fate

I second this. No shade toward Deens adaptation, but it's a subpar adaptation of the visual novel's Avalon route.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Aug 19, 2022 12:16 AM
Jan 2022
Jajin said:
Khalnayak2002 said:

Fate Zero
Fate S/N Heavens feel

You see the problem with this is the fact that fate stay night by studio den is not that great and would ruin people that wants to get into fate

Like i said, if you wanna get into the Fate Franchise.

Besides the reveal stuff i said in previous message, we get Opening /OSTs from the Deens version to the Ufotable ones as remastered so they give different feel of nostalgic and really adds in the experience.

I mean it is not even that bad, ik its bad but not that bad which makes it unwatchable, they just have to bear it for 1 season
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Aug 19, 2022 12:21 AM
Jan 2021
Khalnayak2002 said:
Jajin said:

Like i said, if you wanna get into the Fate Franchise.

Besides the reveal stuff i said in previous message, we get Opening /OSTs from the Deens version to the Ufotable ones as remastered so they give different feel of nostalgic and really adds in the experience.

I mean it is not even that bad, ik its bad but not that bad which makes it unwatchable, they just have to bear it for 1 season

As long as they are committed to finishing it or at least the original 3 paths then I’ll say that Fate Stay Night (Deen) is bearable. but if you are new and just wants to see why the fate series is so popular then I would watch fate zero first.

I am going to go back on my statement and say that it’s not as bad as it seems but it’s a very weak start to a great series animation and dialogue wise.
Aug 19, 2022 12:27 AM

Mar 2021
just watch zero then unlimited blade works and then watch what you want after that
Aug 19, 2022 12:27 AM
Nov 2019
Sand_bag said:
EmpireX7 said:

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006

This will conclude the main fate series but if you want more from the franchise then watch

Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

Follow this order don't listen to others trust me it is not complicated once you stare the series.

This answer is the least confusing and seems to be a simplified version of other suggestions so I'll go with it. Thanks!
Aug 19, 2022 12:29 AM

Apr 2021
Arguably the most BEGINNER friendly order is:
-Fate Stay/Night: Unlimited Bladeworks (Ufotable)(This first because of how it eases you into certain concepts commonly used in the Nasuverse)
-Fate/Zero (Ufotable)(Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain Zero is a prequel)
-Fate Stay/Night: Heavens Feel Movie Trilogy (Ufotable)(There's a ton you won't be able to fully appreciate without the context of the Visual Novel, but still a great set of movies)

And if you want more afterwards...
-Read the Visual Novel (alot of reading so I would understand if that isn't your forte)
-Fate Stay/Night (Studio Deen)(An alright adaptation of the route Ufotable didn't adapt)
-Fate: Apocrypha (A-1)(An adaptation of an AU- alot of people don't like it but it has interesting lore implications and some of the characters are great)
-The Fate Extra games (Extra is the first which is on the psp which you can emulate on pc)
or...
-Fate Extra: Last Encore (Studio Shaft)(An adaptation of one of the Extra paths if I'm not mistaken- it's hard to make sense of if you haven't played the games)
-Fate: Grand Order (Just don't- it's one hell of a rabbit hole)
-Fate/Kalied Illya Prisma (Silver Link)(Several parts and a few movies- also an AU)
-Other things in the 'nasu-verse' such as 'The Garden of Sinners' series, which has a series of movies by ufotable that are supposedly great. Tsukihime which has an anime that the community denies the existence of, and Notes. which isn't worth explaining for a person new to Fate. Anyway, have at it- best of luck.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Aug 19, 2022 12:30 AM
Jun 2021
Fate Zero S1
Fate Zero S2
Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works S1
Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Blade Works S2
Heaven Feels I
Heaven Feels II
Heaven Feels III

After you’ve watched these can just adventure and dive into any other Fate
Aug 19, 2022 1:00 AM

Jan 2017
EmpireX7 said:
What is the actual watch order for the show?

"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 19, 2022 1:03 AM

May 2021
EmpireX7 said:
Sand_bag said:

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006

Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

Follow this order don't listen to others trust me it is not complicated once you stare the series.

This answer is the least confusing and seems to be a simplified version of other suggestions so I'll go with it. Thanks!

You have made a right choice
Trust this man's words buddy.
I also recommend this order.
Its the most simple.
Others will just make you more confused.

And no one recommend this but when you finish the series and want to see these characters in funny slice of life series then watch :-
"Today's menu for emiya family"

And if you want to explore more of other Fate series which take place in different universe just send me a message cuz i am currently watching all the other fate series and spinoffs.
Aug 19, 2022 1:03 AM

Mar 2020
EmpireX7 said:
Ideally, start with Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel but patched so you can read it in English and then the Fate/ZeroLight Novel, I would recommend the Fate/Zero Light Novel over the anime because the anime has some subtle differences to the Light Novel that contradict the Visual Novel as well.
If you can't be bothered to read, check this for my recommendations on the anime watch order
Hollow Ataraxia, a pseudo-sequel to all 3 routes of Fate/Stay Night, can be read/played at any time after all 3 routes in the Visual Novel or their anime adaptations. I'd recommend playing it after Zero, although it was released first, because it isn't spoiled by Zero and it comes last in the timeline, giving it a more satisfying conclusion.
Spin-offs can be watched in any order, except for those that are directly stated to be sequels to other spin-offs.

Aug 19, 2022 1:06 AM
May 2022
start with fate/zero.
Aug 19, 2022 1:07 AM
Apr 2021
Do not start with Zero beacuse it spoils a major plot point of Heaven's Feel, watch all the Fate stay Night series and then watch Zero, that is meant to be played after. A lot of people are saying the opposite, I've watched Zero first and for me it's not worth it
Aug 19, 2022 1:13 AM
May 2021
Ioesisto said:
Do not start with Zero beacuse it spoils a major plot point of Heaven's Feel, watch all the Fate stay Night series and then watch Zero, that is meant to be played after. A lot of people are saying the opposite, I've watched Zero first and for me it's not worth it
How the hell fate/zero is spoiler of heaven's feel? Fate/zero is a prequel series so it's got to contain the spoilers for sequel series heaven's feel and ubw. You need to start fate/zero or how will you understand the holy war correctly.
Aug 19, 2022 1:16 AM
May 2021
EmpireX7 said:
Sand_bag said:

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006

Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

yes watch in this order don't listen to others, they will only confuse you. You have to start from fate/zero to get into the main story of fate series.
Aug 19, 2022 1:20 AM
Apr 2021
Sand_bag said:
Ioesisto said:
How the hell fate/zero is spoiler of heaven's feel? Fate/zero is a prequel series so it's got to contain the spoilers for sequel series heaven's feel and ubw. You need to start fate/zero or how will you understand the holy war correctly.

Fate stay night plays a lot on the mistery of what it's happened before the current time, so watching Zero first and then fate stay night you know everything, the reveal of Kirei, the Mistery of Kiritsugu, the relation between two important characters, Ilya's backstory and more, you lose all the magic of the show, the curiosity of discovering more. I've watched it in this order and this is exactly how it felt. Zero it's a prequel, and like other prequel in fiction you don't watch it for seeing what happens at the end, but how it happens, like maybe No Game No Life Zero and Made In Abyss' Second Season
Aug 19, 2022 1:25 AM
Dec 2021
EmpireX7 said:

bro listen just watch fate zero first nothing else then watch fate unlimited blade works for better graphics and fights or watch fate stay night if you are a fan of saber
Aug 19, 2022 1:26 AM

Jan 2017
Sand_bag said:
You have to start from fate/zero to get into the main story of fate series.

This sentence makes no sense at all.
How do you need something to experience the Main Story of something ?
If it isn't part of the Main Story , then there is no need to watch it first.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
May 2021
Ioesisto said:
Sand_bag said:

Fate stay night plays a lot on the mistery of what it's happened before the current time, so watching Zero first and then fate stay night you know everything, the reveal of Kirei, the Mistery of Kiritsugu, the relation between two important characters, Ilya's backstory and more, you lose all the magic of the show, the curiosity of discovering more. I've watched it in this order and this is exactly how it felt. Zero it's a prequel, and like other prequel in fiction you don't watch it for seeing what happens at the end, but how it happens, like maybe No Game No Life Zero and Made In Abyss' Second Season
That's why I'm telling him to watch fate/stay night after watching Fate/zero the prequel.
Apr 2021
EmpireX7 said:
Sand_bag said:

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006

Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

For me you're ruining yourself the entire experience but idk, watch whatever you want, I can't stop you
Aug 19, 2022 1:28 AM
May 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Sand_bag said:
You have to start from fate/zero to get into the main story of fate series.

This sentence makes no sense at all.
How do you need something to experience the Main Story of something ?
If it isn't part of the Main Story , then there is no need to watch it first.
So you are telling me fate/zero is a filler series?
Aug 19, 2022 1:30 AM

Jan 2017
Sand_bag said:

More or less.

The Fate Series and even all of the Nasuverse use the concept of Multiverses.
So everything is Canon , but Zero is not linked to any of the 3 Routes of Fate/Stay Night because of the inconsistencies made in Zero. (Saber , the fire , Kirei , etc...)

So from the point of view of the Nasuverse , it is Canon , but from the point of view of Fate/Stay Night , it is not.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 19, 2022 1:31 AM
Apr 2021
Sand_bag said:
Ioesisto said:

That's why I'm telling him to watch fate/stay night after watching Fate/zero the prequel.

You didn't get it, Stay Night plays a lot on the mistery of the world and reveals a lot of plot points as the series goes on, if you start with Zero you'll know everything of the world and you will just wait to the end because nothing will surprise you apart from the original fights. ZERO SPOILS EVERYTHING, It's like watching everything that happened before Aot season 1 and then watcht from start, you lose all of the experience
Aug 19, 2022 1:38 AM

Mar 2020
Alexioos95 said:
Sand_bag said:

More or less.

So everything is Canon , but Zero is not linked to any of the 3 Routes of Fate/Stay Night because of the inconsistencies made in Zero. (Saber , the fire , Kirei , etc...)

So from the point of view of the Nasuverse , it is Canon , but from the point of view of Fate/Stay Night , it is not.
My understanding was that it was all canon except Kirei and Saber - hence how the events of Zero get referenced in Hollow Ataraxia and the Case Files of El Melloi II

Aug 19, 2022 1:42 AM

Jan 2017
epicpunnyname said:
My understanding was that it was all canon except Kirei and Saber - hence how the events of Zero get referenced in Hollow Ataraxia and the Case Files of El Melloi II

The "Everything is Canon except that " is just an excuse of Nasu to avoid facing the inconsistencies of writing of Urobuchi.
Hollow Ataraxia came out before Zero , it even teased it with the Cinema scene.
As for El-Melloi II , i didn't read it personally , but i've heard that it's not Canon to any Routes , it's just yet another alternative timeline , as for Zero.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 19, 2022 1:47 AM
Aug 2022
EmpireX7 said:
Sand_bag said:

Fate/zero s1,s2
Fate/stay night 2006

Fate/grand order
Fate/apocrypha
Carnival phantasm.

Watch 2006 ->Ufo's UBW -> Ufo's HF. Zero is a spin-off and the author himself said "Fate/Zero was a story you couldn't understand without playing Fate/Stay Night"
Aug 19, 2022 1:49 AM
Jan 2017
Zero S1/S2
then Unlimited bladeworks
after that you can watch in any order you want
Aug 19, 2022 1:49 AM
Aug 2022
epicpunnyname said:
Alexioos95 said:

More or less.

The events from the 4th HGW referenced in SN are hard canon to SN. That's as far as it goes.
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 AM
Oct 2021
The Main Series
Fate/Stay Night (2006)
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (Movie)
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel part 1 2 3

The Spinoffs
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Fate/Prototype
Fate/Apocrypha
Fate/Extra: Last Encore
Lord El-Melloi II’s Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note
Fate/Grand Order
Fate/Grand Order: First Order
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia
Fate/Grand Order Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot
Aug 19, 2022 1:53 AM
Aug 2022
Sand_bag said:
Ioesisto said:

Zero spoils the relationship between Rin and Sakura. You don't start the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the Empire Strikes Back to "get the backstory" behind Darth Vader's reveal, do you?
Aug 19, 2022 1:56 AM

Jan 2017
Varisus said:
You don't start the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the Empire Strikes Back to "get the backstory" behind Darth Vader's reveal, do you?

Not the best example.
It's exactly because Lucas knew that some couldn't understand what a Prequel is that he renumbered them.

Better go with the Shingeki no Kyojin or Naruto example , peoples understand more , especially since it's Animes.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 19, 2022 2:04 AM
Aug 2022
Alexioos95 said:
Varisus said:
You don't start the Star Wars prequel trilogy before the Empire Strikes Back to "get the backstory" behind Darth Vader's reveal, do you?

Not the best example.
It's exactly because Lucas knew that some couldn't understand what a Prequel is that he renumbered them.

Better go with the Shingeki no Kyojin or Naruto example , peoples understand more , especially since it's Animes.
My point was that there are some series where you shouldn't watch a prequel before you finish the original.

Cool Hattori pfp though <3
Aug 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Apr 2020
Don't start with the 2006 Deen anime cause that spoils a lot of stuff. Don't start with fate Zero because that also spoils a lot of stuff.
For a stress-free experience, just play the visual novel.

"A single 'thank you' is worth more than a million sorries."
-๐ธ๐“‚๐’พ๐“๐’พ๐’ถ
Aug 19, 2022 2:47 AM
Jul 2022
EmpireX7 said:

Lmao I asked the same question here sometime ago
Aug 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Aug 2020
I no longer have the strength to get into an argument as no matter what I say there is counter for it.
watch in which ever oder you want. Enjoying is what matters the most.
Aug 19, 2022 5:10 AM
Sep 2021
EmpireX7 said:

Just play the visual novel first and then watch Zero and the route adaptions of the visual novel. You'll be doing yourself a big favor by reading it first, the adaptions don't do justice to the characters and the studio deen adaptions has some horrible spoilers that ruin reveals in both UBW and Heavens Feel.
Aug 19, 2022 5:21 AM
Jul 2021
don't trust people that say start with fate/zero...fate/zero was actually not a prequel to trilogy fate/stay night, They had different author and writing style...Just follow this order,it's less confusing and less spoiler

1.Fate/Stay Night
2.Fate/Stay Night UBW
3.Fate/Stay Night HF
4.Fate/Zero
Aug 19, 2022 5:30 AM

Jan 2021
EmpireX7 said:

just read the visual novel, its not long
dont listen to people making up the dumbest orders because they dont want to read

the reason people dont want others to start with zero is because it creates toxic zero stans that shit on stay night because its not as edgy.
but this wont really happen to everyone
salad77Aug 19, 2022 5:35 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
Aug 19, 2022 5:34 AM
Aug 2021
Guys, where to start Fate anime?
Aug 19, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2017
Stacias said:
Guys, where to start Fate anime?

Fate/Zero Café.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 19, 2022 5:41 AM
Jan 2022
so for me I would say:
fate stay/night unlimited blade works
fate zero
fate heveans feel movies
Aug 19, 2022 6:26 AM
Jun 2022
EmpireX7 said:

Just watch Zero, Stay night UBW, then heavens feel movies. You don’t need to watch 2006 stay night and the rest of fate is just spin offs
Aug 19, 2022 6:34 AM
Jan 2021
Jajin said:
The best and easiest order is this
Fate zero
Unlimited blade works
Heavens feel movie 1-3
Fate apocrypha
Fate Extra
Fate Grand order

And then you can watch the magical girl and slice of life spin-offs in any order :)

THIS (extra is very bad though you can consider skipping since it is it’s own universe)
Aug 19, 2022 6:36 AM
Apr 2022
bro I've been so confused and I just watched the first half of fate zero at the beginning of this year.
Aug 19, 2022 6:38 AM
Apr 2022
Leedv188 said:
1. Fate zero season
2. Fate zero season 2
3. Fate stay night
4. Fate stay night unlimited blade works movie
5. Fate stay night unlimited blade works prolouge
6. Fate stay night unlimited blade works     season 1
7. Fate stay night unlimited blade works     season 2
8. Fate stay night unlimited blade works sunny days
9. Fate stay night heavens feel 1 presage flower
10. Fate stay night heavens feel 2 lost butterfly
11. Fate stay night heavens feel 3 spring song
12. Todays menu for the emiya family

1. Fate Extra last encore
2. Fate Extra last encore illustrias geocentric theory

1. Fate grand order first order
2. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 1 camelot wandering agatram
3. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 2 camelot paladin agatram
4. Fate grand order absolute demonic front babylonia
5.Fate grand order the final singularity grand Temple of time solomon
6. Fate grand order moonlight lostroom

1. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya
2. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei
3. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei herz
4. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 3rei
5. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya vow in the snow
6. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya licht nameless girl

Fate grand carnaval

Fate carnival phantasm

Fate prototype

Fate apocrypha

after this there are also a lot of diffrent specials you can watch but you need to look for those your self.

bro that's an essay seriously. I wish there was an official watch order or something
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

12 by AustinJamB »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.