Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 2022 4:54 AM

Sep 2010
Is the light novel still being produced or was it discontinued? Is the author just very slow or why does it take so long? Is he really in prison as I heard several people say?

What's the overall progress of the story (approximately)? How far does the manga adapt the light novel currently?

If I liked the anime should I even try to read the light novel or should I give up on ever seeing an ending for it? (I don't wanna read if it's unfinished anyway)

Sorry for so many questions but every source on the internet says something different and I hope you guys can help me out here.
Jul 6, 2022 5:22 AM

Jan 2017
ateks said:
Is the light novel still being produced or was it discontinued? Is the author just very slow or why does it take so long? Is he really in prison as I heard several people say?

The Light Novel is still ongoing , but it was in a Hiatus between early 2018 and early 2021.
As for why it was in a Hiatus , this , we don't know.
It was speculed that it was because the Author was caught tracing , but in the Afterword of Volume 11 , he says that "he really let himself go."...
But he also mention a quite a number of times the words "Health" and "Medical"...
So... we don't know...

But nope , he's not in prison. Not now , atleast.

What's the overall progress of the story (approximately)? How far does the manga adapt the light novel currently?

The Light Novel is in endgame , Volume 11 basically was a Prologue to the final arc.
In the Afterword , the Author says that he's stunned that it's already been 10 years since he started his series , and that he's now ready to do the climax.

For the Manga , it's actually adapting Volume 2/Episode 06.

If I liked the anime should I even try to read the light novel or should I give up on ever seeing an ending for it? (I don't wanna read if it's unfinished anyway)

The chances of a 2nd Seasons are really slim , and the Light Novel is amazing too. (I personally think that the last 3 Volumes were not that interesting tho , even if Volume 11 set some good things for the final)
Note that a certain number of fans found the Light Novel to be quite hard to read , as you can see in this thread : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1605554
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 6, 2022 7:00 AM

Sep 2010
@Alexioos95 Thank you very much for the detailed reply! Guess I'll read the light novel then.
Feb 17, 2023 10:50 AM
Jan 2023
Whole tracing "drama" was really blown out of proportion, everyone on the japanese fandom doesn't even talk about it anymore, Kamiya just has a poor health, its the whole reason why he switched from Manga to LN in first place
Feb 21, 2023 1:07 AM

Oct 2017
The latest volume dropped a few weeks ago! 
Apr 12, 1:52 AM
Sep 2016
So, is the light novel finished now? Or the manga?

More topics from this board

» any news?

monke_guy - Feb 28

11 by monke_guy »»
Mar 1, 12:37 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Chapter 14 Discussion

y2k890 - Mar 27, 2016

2 by Rezete_01 »»
Jan 4, 4:38 PM

» Season 2 for anime?

KillerMammoth - Jul 9, 2014

1 by yssfbrrd »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:22 PM

» No Game No Life Volume 12 Discussion

HaXXspetten - Dec 17, 2023

11 by Masshiroi »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:08 AM

» No Game No Life Volume 11 Discussion

Satan1234 - Apr 7, 2022

6 by Canaas »»
Sep 11, 2023 12:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.