Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 24, 2022 5:50 PM

Oct 2017
FiestaOnline said:
That person that didnt watch the OG rwby because of english VA has to have brain damage the VA was great and the animation at first was not great but definitely watchable but by the middle of the series it got better and by episode 60 or so it got even better, and the fight cerography by monty omg so good and even after he passed away the team still tried to copy it while not in the same LVL they do a good job way better than anime rwby and the movements in OG rwby are swift and have flow anime rwby feels so stiff and like u said the bird fight in the OG was fucking amazing i get goosebumps just remembering it in anime rwby it was so bad they didnt even use red like rosses like WTF bro the music they use in anime rwby is so bad, when is aw they didnt use RLR in the bird fight i was soo disappointed in episode 5 they at least played the mirror mirror song but it didnt fit the moment or the place was really random but still i enjoyed it at least.

Yeah it was this wild dude below here who said he couldn't watch it, and how blown away he was at the anime version

Marinate1016 said:
SHAFT MASTERCLASS. Was against watching the original RWBY because I can’t get with western animation/English voice acting, but SHAFT really snapped on this.
From the very jump with Weiss and Ruby’s introductions I was blown away and that only continued to get better as the episodes went on. This is such an interesting and unique world to me. Really excited to see where this goes and I hope that SHAFT can keep up the quality.
I’m in love with Ruby already omg she’s so hot.

But yeah besides that, dude total facts, the OG didn't have great animation at first but I never felt the choreography was bad, it was good from season 1 onward, and even when the animation was lackluster they made up for it with comedy bits and some character building moments on the side that never felt like too much fluff.

Like the next episode with the dreamworld even felt a bit like fluff than real story progression - haven't watch the fifth episode yet, but I'll let you know how I feel about that when I do - At least they do use mirror mirror but that sucks that she placed it badly... I was really looking forward to this show and some extra RWBY between the OG seasons, but overall, I'm still disappointed so far, for every few good things, theres a lot of still and flat scenes in between, the comedy isn't really doing it for me, I just really can't get into it like the other series, even with the OG Voice actors being back.
Oct 25, 2022 12:03 PM

Oct 2019
GodOfWolves said:
FiestaOnline said:
That person that didnt watch the OG rwby because of english VA has to have brain damage the VA was great and the animation at first was not great but definitely watchable but by the middle of the series it got better and by episode 60 or so it got even better, and the fight cerography by monty omg so good and even after he passed away the team still tried to copy it while not in the same LVL they do a good job way better than anime rwby and the movements in OG rwby are swift and have flow anime rwby feels so stiff and like u said the bird fight in the OG was fucking amazing i get goosebumps just remembering it in anime rwby it was so bad they didnt even use red like rosses like WTF bro the music they use in anime rwby is so bad, when is aw they didnt use RLR in the bird fight i was soo disappointed in episode 5 they at least played the mirror mirror song but it didnt fit the moment or the place was really random but still i enjoyed it at least.

Yeah it was this wild dude below here who said he couldn't watch it, and how blown away he was at the anime version

Marinate1016 said:
SHAFT MASTERCLASS. Was against watching the original RWBY because I can’t get with western animation/English voice acting, but SHAFT really snapped on this.
From the very jump with Weiss and Ruby’s introductions I was blown away and that only continued to get better as the episodes went on. This is such an interesting and unique world to me. Really excited to see where this goes and I hope that SHAFT can keep up the quality.
I’m in love with Ruby already omg she’s so hot.

But yeah besides that, dude total facts, the OG didn't have great animation at first but I never felt the choreography was bad, it was good from season 1 onward, and even when the animation was lackluster they made up for it with comedy bits and some character building moments on the side that never felt like too much fluff.

Like the next episode with the dreamworld even felt a bit like fluff than real story progression - haven't watch the fifth episode yet, but I'll let you know how I feel about that when I do - At least they do use mirror mirror but that sucks that she placed it badly... I was really looking forward to this show and some extra RWBY between the OG seasons, but overall, I'm still disappointed so far, for every few good things, theres a lot of still and flat scenes in between, the comedy isn't really doing it for me, I just really can't get into it like the other series, even with the OG Voice actors being back.
on top of being a made up story not canon its really boring i find myself skipping 10 seconds here and there cuz i have to put effort into watching it imagine if they get to the fall of atlas, sinder, the jins and maidens how badly will they fu*k it up i just want the OG rwby to return and see what happened to everyone that fell to the void, but anyway sure let me know what u think of ep 5 :)
Oct 25, 2022 4:15 PM
Nov 2016
FiestaOnline said:
on top of being a made up story not canon its really boring i find myself skipping 10 seconds here and there cuz i have to put effort into watching it imagine if they get to the fall of atlas, sinder, the jins and maidens how badly will they fu*k it up i just want the OG rwby to return and see what happened to everyone that fell to the void, but anyway sure let me know what u think of ep 5 :)

Word up! I want the OG RWBY to return too, I want to know what happened after that latest volume. I thought this anime would be a good watch, you know, something to enjoy while the OG RWBY returns but no, this anime is straight-up garbage unfortunately, this is just a downgrade in everything.

I expected better from Shaft, I know they can do good stuff if they put more effort into it but that clearly didn't happen here since this anime was shit. I just can't wait for the OG RWBY to return, I miss that show.
Oct 30, 2022 1:26 AM

Apr 2019
And with that Team RWBY is back and so we thought, anyways it's good to see Blake finally starting to trust her teammates
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM
Apr 2022
for me it was boring and wasn't my type
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2022

49 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 22, 2023 3:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.