Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2022 11:22 PM
Mar 2021
Which fate series should i watch next if i have watched ubw, zero and heavens feel?
Jun 17, 2022 11:26 PM
Aug 2021
Fate/Grand Order Series is goat.
Jun 17, 2022 11:35 PM

Feb 2021
Gurmukh said:
Which fate series should i watch next if i have watched ubw, zero and heavens feel?

It’s basically over from there. The rest is mostly pretty bad. You can watch Garden of Sinners which is in the same universe though.
Jun 17, 2022 11:36 PM
Aug 2020
fate kaleid if you into otome
Jun 17, 2022 11:40 PM
Dec 2021
Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Grand Order
Jun 17, 2022 11:49 PM
Nov 2020
Akaasha said:
Gurmukh said:

It’s basically over from there. The rest is mostly pretty bad. You can watch Garden of Sinners which is in the same universe though.

They aren’t in the same universe, they reside in the Nasuverse, but are in alternate universe. Based off of Tsukihime and GOS being in alternate universes
Jun 17, 2022 11:50 PM

Nov 2021
Well 2006, saber's route but that's deen one, so it's upto you now, main story is completed, watch spin offs if you want to.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 17, 2022 11:58 PM
May 2019
There is no good version of fate route read the visual novel. And a lot ofspin-off are only maked for vn fans exception of prisma ilyya buuuut ... nevermind if u don’t wan to go jail don’t watch prisma illya .)
foxbatJun 18, 2022 12:01 AM
Jun 18, 2022 12:04 AM
Aug 2020
First Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, the story follows Waver Velvet (fate/zero riders master) in a magic meets Sherlock Holmes type story. Second would be Fate/Apocrypha, taking place in an alternate timeline the grail wars rules have changed making it a team death match of red vs blue 7 master/servants on both sides. Lastly is Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia, okay so take everything you know about the fate series thus far and through it out the window I really don’t know how to explain this one. Not saying that it’s bad its really enjoyable if you like the fate franchise it’s just none of the information you’ve gathered can apply here.
Jun 18, 2022 12:12 AM

Mar 2020
Gurmukh said:

Watch the meh adaptation of the Fate route just to be done with all the original vn adaptations. Lord El-Melloi's Case Files are pretty good, as is Today's Menu for the Emiya Family. If you don't mind reading, I'd read the Fate/Hollow Ataraxia VN because it is the only (as far as I know) sequel to Fate/Stay Night, featuring most of the same cast as well.

Jun 18, 2022 12:16 AM
Aug 2020
And now I present to you the other fate series that I wouldn’t suggest unless you really like Fate. There’s the unlimited confusion of Fate/Extra: Last Encore the morally questionable Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya and lastly seeing as how you’ve seen heavens feel and UBW you can (try) and watch the third path Fate/stay night made by studio Deen back in 2006. (Meaning it’s old, crusty and not well done). Oh, yeah, there’s also like 10ish other fate grand order related things but none of them really seem worth mentioning aside from the one in my previous post.
Jun 18, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2017
Gurmukh said:

Beside The 2006 Anime :

"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 18, 2022 12:40 AM
Jun 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Gurmukh said:

Beside The 2006 Anime :

think they asked for 1 show not 8363638
Jun 18, 2022 12:45 AM
Nov 2019
the rest you can watch out of order (doesn't really mater)
but here are some notable ones: apocrypha , hollow ataraxia (at the time hasn't been adapted into anime but you can play the virtual novel) , FGO (i recommend the game over the anime)

and if you want something a little more kinky then watch garden of sinners, it doesn't have to do anything with fate but it happens in the same universe
Jun 18, 2022 12:50 AM
May 2022
Gurmukh said:

U can pretty much anything..... if it is fun there is no need for watch order
Jun 18, 2022 12:53 AM

Jan 2017
INSANELYWP said:
think they asked for 1 show not 8363638

OP just needs to choose.

Does he want to go for the parodies to get a good laugh , for the Spin-Offs to get a serious story around the concept of Fate , or for the Nasuverse to get a serious story in the same multi-verse ?

After watching the Main Story (2006 > UBW > HF > Zero) , there is no obligation to follow a certain order to correctly understand those , since they are all self-contained. (Or more or less , with the Nasuverse & Grand Order...)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 18, 2022 12:59 AM
Oct 2019
Watch fate/Kaleid
Jun 18, 2022 3:27 AM
Jul 2021
Gurmukh said:

watch fate/kaleid Prisma Ilya.There is lolies kissing in it,you won't regret watching it,I guarantee
Jun 18, 2022 3:30 AM
May 2021
Watch fate/grand order then fate/apocrypha.
Jun 18, 2022 3:32 AM

Jul 2021
watch fate grand order

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jun 18, 2022 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
you can watch any you want though I'd say read the Strange Fake light novels as its the only good Nasuverse entry not written by Nasu
Jun 18, 2022 5:00 AM

Apr 2020
The goal is Carnival Phantasm:

- You'll need to read Tsukihime, which that in itself is excellent. (VN or manga, no anime exists unfortunately)

- Play some Melty Blood or read some of the managa.

- Then watch the greatest parody of all time.
Jun 18, 2022 5:07 AM

May 2021
Last encore,apocrypha,illya prisma,lord el mellio,grand order,anything is good.
Carnival phantasm would be great too,but to enjoy it to the fullest,watching kara no kyoukai and tsukihime is a must.
Jun 18, 2022 5:14 AM
Dec 2020
all you do is zero then ubw
Jun 18, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2021
Gurmukh said:

Did you know there's an alternative ending OVA of UBW?
Jun 18, 2022 10:55 AM
May 2022
you must watch 6th singularity(fate grand order Camelot wandering) and the 7th singularity ( fate grand order absolute demonic Babylonia)
Jun 19, 2022 1:05 AM
Jan 2022
almost everything else is a spin-off, i reccomend grand order or apocrypha first
Jun 19, 2022 2:45 AM

Jul 2021
Gurmukh said:

we're not able to make the decision for you, evidently from all the different responses here. it's entirely up to you what order you watch the rest of fate in, as it involves more self-contained spin-offs than any other franchise i can think of off the top of my head...

regardless, instead of adding to the mess, i'll try to clear up some key titles to look out for alongside give my own suggestions. obviously this post is really long, so just skim titles if you want.

short version:
read the first route in the fate/stay night visual novel and then, seriously, you can watch whatever the fuck you want :3 (but fate/grand order - absolute demonic front: babylonia is honestly the cream of the not-stay-night crop)

long version:
i think the most sensible pick is to choose either:
1. watch the 2006 fate/stay night anime by studio deen, covering the first route, known simply as the fate route. i wouldn't recommend this over option 2, but if you're the type that just can't stand visual novels, this is your cop-out.
2. read the breathtaking first route of fate/stay night in the visual novel for yourself. it adds so much depth to the story you've already experienced in UBW and Heaven's Feel that i can't help recommending it to any fate fan. arguably the 'original and the best' route, it gives a lot of much needed depth to saber/artoria while setting the stage for future entries.

if you'd rather watch a spin-off featuring stay night characters rather than a stay night entry itself, there are plenty, but 'how good they are' will vary according to your taste in anime:

fate/grand order is a mobile game with several anime adaptations which happen to be widely considered very good. these include the 'fate/grand order: first order' film, which is very mid but provides necessary backstory, two films covering the camelot arc (it gets better towards the end) and a 21 episode anime series covering the babylonia arc. the babylonia arc is fucking amazing, and gives a similar feel to unlimited blade works yet in an isekai/ancient mesopotamian setting. and there are goddesses? it's great.

prisma illya is a magical girl spin-off featuring illya as the MC. it baits you in looking like a cute show, while ending up with a surprising amount of sexual references. there are some cool fight scenes though, and there is a prisma illya film called Oath Under Snow which is widely recommended, even though the show itself is often dismissed as pedo-bait or the like. i haven't finished it, but if you can survive the slow pace of the first season, it probably gets decent or good.

carnival phantasm is a very entertaining parody of both tsukihime (a different type-moon visual novel) and fate/stay night. it's extremely good, one thing every fate fan stands by :9

fate/apocrypha is... a somewhat cocaine version of a different holy grail war, featuring 15 servants instead of rhe 7ish in stay night. but it does introduce helpful concepts for understanding other fate spin-offs, such as the 'ruler' class. the character designs are downright amazing, astolfo is best boi, but that's about all i can say truly positive about it... the ending is good(ish), the beginning is tolerable, everything in the middle is very mid. if you can pull through it, at least you'll have a better grasp on the multitudinous classes in FGO.

fate/extra: last encore by studio Shaft is a sequel to the old PSP dungeon crawler, fate/extra. it's somewhat psychological and fairly controversial, with a lot of Shaft's typical fanservice, and some argue it's confusing and lacks depth. but the animation is broadly agreed to be good, the characters are surprisingly subtle, and it's a pleasure to watch in my opinion.

if you liked waver from fate/zero, he has his own mage-detective anime from 2019 as an all-grown-up sigma male. i haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be decent, and if that's your kind of thing, no harm in giving it a shot.

worth noting that the makers of fate, type-moon, have other series which have a similar vibe and artstyle, and some fate fans recommend these. they include the tsukihime visual novel, canaan (like if fate/stay night, black lagoon and cowboy bebop had a child in 2009), and kara no kyoukai aka the Garden of Sinners (very dark fate-like series).

okay... that's probably all you need to pick one, lol.
3loomingJun 19, 2022 2:51 AM
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jun 26, 2022 3:34 PM
Jun 2021
Gurmukh said:

watch fate/apocrypha, fate/kaleid, fate/grand order

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
1 hour ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.