Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2019
They really teased us with an older Mamoru and didn't reveal what he looked like. I guess they're saving it for later.
Jun 12, 2022 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
Saving it for the final chapter when the axe hits, no doubt.

:>
Jun 13, 2022 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
New member of the U19 club for sure
Controversial opinions
Jun 15, 2022 3:40 AM
Dec 2008
We are in the endgame now and I'm good with how things are developing.
Jun 17, 2022 6:23 PM
Jan 2021
Ice-Man said:

so will this be a short manga, is it going to end soon?
Jun 18, 2022 8:14 AM
Dec 2008
0aTmeallll said:

so will this be a short manga, is it going to end soon?

Yes, it’s just not meant to be a long one and wouldn’t really survive in jump even if it was. It can end anytime between 3 to 8 chapters from now.
Jun 18, 2022 8:16 AM
Jan 2021
Oh thanks for the info, I dropped it at chapter 10 thinking it would be a long ass shounen manga. Time to pick it back up then.
Jun 18, 2022 12:29 PM

Dec 2016
Personally I doubt that all 3 will die maybe outside of Albert, story is too short for that but I still can feel emotions and desperation from Reisuke, so I like it. And still consider elements with "older" Mamoru pointless

Ice-Man said:

I'm guessing author finally get full freedom and isn't forced to write as fast as he can so it again getting good. Similarly how it was with TPGW.

@0aTmeallll
WSJ literally never had short series that wasn't axed. Only "short" series is Burn The Witch but we talking about author of Bleach (and is still ongoing) or that one 8 ch. manga from creator of Bobobo, so they are special circumstances.
So this series was never meant to be short one or by short we are talking about ~100 chapters.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 19, 2022 8:05 AM
Dec 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:

So this series was never meant to be short one or by short we are talking about ~100 chapters.

We don't really know how long manga X is meant to be initially. But with that setting I highly doubt Earthchild was meant to be more than 50 chapters long. Sure, if the author have the opportunity, he can stretch it as long as he wants, but the story is bleak enough so far. And he had options to end the story anytime from ch. 10 till now.
Jun 19, 2022 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
Ice-Man said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

We don't really know how long manga X is meant to be initially. But with that setting I highly doubt Earthchild was meant to be more than 50 chapters long. Sure, if the author have the opportunity, he can stretch it as long as he wants, but the story is bleak enough so far. And he had options to end the story anytime from ch. 10 till now.

We don't know but we can assume this, especially by looking at series like CSM that ended (97 chapter) and was moved to jump+ or Ayakashi Triangle that also was moved (ch. 88), every other series on WSJ was long running one or axed, the shortest successful manga was Death Note which lasted 2.5 year.

And Earthchild clearly wanted to tell story of single father raising "special child" but with showing that Kareri is conscious in chapter 5 story became more messy and pace became much faster. Author even in ch. 4 introduced 2 new characters which worked as nannies for Mamoru and neighbors with potential for creating their own relationship but then disappeared from the story after ch. 5.

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 19, 2022 12:46 PM

Oct 2017
Go and save your woman.
Jun 19, 2022 2:43 PM
Dec 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
We don't know but we can assume this

You can assume whatever you want, but the fact is that Earthchild have a setting that doesn't seems like its been planned to be a long one. As the synopsis in M+ says Earthchild is a “unique love story on a planetary scale”. The author since the very beginning directed the story in a way that he can end it whenever he wants. And as I said he can stretch it as long as he wants obviously, if the series is somewhat successful and the editorial department lets him to. The reality tho is different and the axe is coming. However since the author directed the story in a way he can end it whenever he wants, I assume he’ll wrap the story it in a pretty self satisfactory way.
Aug 19, 2022 2:28 PM

Aug 2022
Well now, I actually loved this chapter, even more than I liked the first chapter! I still find Reisuke's perfection annoying, but his and Kareri's love is depicted quite well in this chapter, and I even liked the future portrait of the space hater: even the fact that Mamoru seems to respect her and be close to her is quite interesting. I hope the author keeps it up now! Either that or better end it while it's still good!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chikyuu no Ko Chapter 27 Discussion

ARK-13 - Sep 4, 2022

15 by Ice-Man »»
Sep 28, 2022 1:33 AM

Poll: » Chikyuu no Ko Chapter 26 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 28, 2022

5 by lizzziziz »»
Sep 20, 2022 5:06 AM

Poll: » Chikyuu no Ko Chapter 25 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 21, 2022

6 by lizzziziz »»
Sep 20, 2022 5:04 AM

Poll: » Chikyuu no Ko Chapter 24 Discussion

MegamiRem - Aug 7, 2022

3 by tywhoppity »»
Aug 27, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Chikyuu no Ko Chapter 23 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jul 31, 2022

5 by _Shara_ »»
Aug 25, 2022 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.