Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

There used to be a time when eren was hated ,being a whiney character by the majority, It was all Levi untill ch 100 of the manga when Eren flips his character completely into a character never seen before , especially as a surprise villian

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
May 1, 2022 5:55 AM
Sep 2020
Has this development in the fandom changed because of the ending? I think so

It seems that no one like the current eren for his actions,could it becoz of the ending influence?
Mack_YeagerMay 1, 2022 5:59 AM
May 1, 2022 6:39 AM
Mar 2021
the only time i liked eren was s3 though objectively he's a better character in s4 but i just never liked the guy except s3
May 1, 2022 6:40 AM
Feb 2021
to me Eren had such a amazing character development!!
May 1, 2022 6:46 AM
Nov 2020
"never seen before"
he's an anti-hero like the many before him.
the entire story of AOT parallels code geass, with eren taking a similar path to lelouch. The difference is that lelouch is psychologically analysed by the people around him (especially C.C.) whilst erens is kept more vague by keeping a distance between him and the audience in the last 30 or so chapters.
The difference isn't the characters, it's the perspective that the writer places us in
May 1, 2022 6:59 AM

Feb 2020
U wrote a entire paragraph in the heading, but I am still not sure what this discussion is exactly about.

I never per say liked eren in any season. Especially I hated s4 edgy version of eren since I hate personality flipping. I know most people loved edgy version of eren a lot. That is not some hidden fact, Almost everybody knows that (I even got some juvenile attack for hating him). In that end when he cried like a imbecile, most people who loved him indeed hated him and some started coping by making theory that he helplessly habitual evil since the beginning and other went with AOE weed . These things are also not some big revelation either.
So what is the point here?
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 1, 2022 7:01 AM
Aug 2021
i still don't like his character
May 1, 2022 7:12 AM

May 2021
Superficial,either way....
May 1, 2022 7:23 AM
Dec 2021
I've always loved his character be it season 1/2/3
if you have watched it carefully you can how he come in terms with the reality as the series goes on
in s1 being a suicidal bastard , charging straight with purely emotional drive
s2 hit him with betrayel you can see his face while saying "damn you traitors"
s3 was about politics and dark truth of the world inside the walls and that they have to fight humans from now on too
part 2 had same theme but the medal ceremony did change his personality he saw the glimpses of future and these were bec of his own will
he doubted his actions many times like the umi scene where everything was going happy and we saw scouts smiling for the last time and Eren was there saying "If we kill all of your enemies out there will we finally be free" foreshadowing Is rumbling the only way left?
s4 scouts infiltrated the outside world to look for peace but after knowing the way this world saw paradis is messed up they left them no room for peace
after this Eren knew what had to be done had to be done He cut off ties with scouts communicating through letters only and the last time they met was at the refugee camp
after that you know what happens Willy Tybur invited All leaders of all nations and declared war on Paradis , they left him with no choice but rumbling Eren pushed away his friends and became the monster that Paradis needed
later in the series you will know the reason behind everything and I'm sure it will change your perspective of how you look at each character
May 1, 2022 7:42 AM
Mar 2022
_Mehraan_ said:
if you have watched it carefully you can how he come in terms with the reality as the series goes on
s3 was about politics and dark truth of the world inside the walls and that they have to fight humans from now on too
part 2 had same theme but the medal ceremony did change his personality he saw the glimpses of future and these were bec of his own will
he doubted his actions many times like the umi scene where everything was going happy and we saw scouts smiling for the last time and Eren was there saying "If we kill all of your enemies out there will we finally be free" foreshadowing Is rumbling the only way left?
s4 scouts infiltrated the outside world to look for peace but after knowing the way this world saw paradis is messed up they left them no room for peace
after this Eren knew what had to be done had to be done He cut off ties with scouts communicating through letters only and the last time they met was at the refugee camp
after that you know what happens Willy Tybur invited All leaders of all nations and declared war on Paradis , they left him with no choice but rumbling Eren pushed away his friends and became the monster that Paradis needed
later in the series you will know the reason behind everything and I'm sure it will change your perspective of how you look at each character

The reason he went on to cause genocide and the reason he’s a suicidal bastard only
Line up. They’re conveniently similar. Except the fact eren in season 1 thought he was fighting the system. Season 4 he becomes the system and eats a nation alive… how tf am I supposed to like eren more season 4? Aot fans are so jagged and make so little sense with any of there arguments it’s crazy
May 1, 2022 7:42 AM
Jan 2020
Its already considered one of the best animes . Just because you cant cope about the ending doesnt mean people wont talk about it.Aot already is popular and won alot of rewards .
May 1, 2022 7:51 AM
Dec 2021
Philleotardo1954 said:
_Mehraan_ said:

The reason he went on to cause genocide and the reason he’s a suicidal bastard only
Line up. They’re conveniently similar. Except the fact eren in season 1 thought he was fighting the system. Season 4 he becomes the system and eats a nation alive… how tf am I supposed to like eren more season 4? Aot fans are so jagged and make so little sense with any of there arguments it’s crazy

Whats the point you're trying to make here ?
You don't like his character in s4?/You don't like his character at all?/You don't like AoT at all?/You don't like him bec he started a gebocide?/
Specify please before calling me a jagged AoT fan I've participated in AoT discussion many times and I'm sure if youre having anh doubt about plot/character I could solve it...
If you're just gonna call me a jagged AoT fan and move on. Okay then..
May 1, 2022 8:39 AM
Nov 2020
Sydsons said:
"never seen before"
the entire story of AOT parallels code geass, with eren taking a similar path to lelouch. The difference is that lelouch is psychologically analysed by the people around him (especially C.C.) whilst erens is kept more vague by keeping a distance between him and the audience in the last 30 or so chapters.
The difference isn't the characters, it's the perspective that the writer places us in

well lelouch wantes to establish peace in the whole world while eren doesn't even give a shit about anyone other than his friends, while lelouch kills himself eren is killing the world
May 1, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2020
Sydsons said:
"never seen before"

Lelouch had a killing intent from the beginning and it was shown right from the start ,but incase of Eren ,he was potrayed more as a guy who was learning to be a better person

But ch 100 had such a twist that it was hard to tell if it was eren or someone else entirely ,the better thing is eren has very conclusive reasoning as to why he raided liberio ,

But that's not the point ,the actual reason is he is showing signs of a protagonist never seen before ,tahts what i was hinting at (never seen before) unpredictable
May 1, 2022 9:04 AM
Nov 2020
notsofamousxD said:
Sydsons said:
"never seen before"

well lelouch wantes to establish peace in the whole world while eren doesn't even give a shit about anyone other than his friends, while lelouch kills himself eren is killing the world

lelouch wanted to make a better world for his sister, later on wanting to make the world a better place for the sake of peace.
eren wanted to make a world where his friends can be free and in peace.
they aren't too different. they both essentially sacrifice themselves and many other people to set a testament that oppression is wrong. in chapter 139 of the manga (spoilers btw , eren admitted that he knew that his friends would fight against him and eventually beat him. the way that peace was found is incredibly similar because their thoughts in that sense are parallel. The largest difference in this sense is that eren pushed his friends to kill him instead of planning his death
May 1, 2022 9:05 AM
Sep 2020
Adampk said:
U wrote a entire paragraph in the heading, but I am still not sure what this discussion is exactly about.

I never per say liked eren in any season. Especially I hated s4 edgy version of eren since I hate personality flipping. I know most people loved edgy version of eren a lot. That is not some hidden fact, Almost everybody knows that (I even got some juvenile attack for hating him). In that end when he cried like a imbecile, most people who loved him indeed hated him and some started coping by making theory that he helplessly habitual evil since the beginning and other went with AOE weed . These things are also not some big revelation either.
So what is the point here?

Giving facts ,as to the change in anime community behaviour towards eren ,a different perspective
May 1, 2022 9:05 AM
Nov 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
Sydsons said:
"never seen before"

Lelouch had a killing intent from the beginning and it was shown right from the start ,but incase of Eren ,he was potrayed more as a guy who was learning to be a better person

But ch 100 had such a twist that it was hard to tell if it was eren or someone else entirely ,the better thing is eren has very conclusive reasoning as to why he raided liberio ,

But that's not the point ,the actual reason is he is showing signs of a protagonist never seen before ,tahts what i was hinting at (never seen before) unpredictable

ah, you were referring to the process and not the actual character traits eren had beyond chapter 100. fair enough
May 2, 2022 3:34 AM
Apr 2020
Eren never was a whiney character
If you mean by this word that he's a crybaby then yeah he wasn't like that at all
He's by far the most real shounen protagonist (in case you'd consider AOT a shounen) who doesn't cry unless the situation was deserving to do so
His psychological development is the most loving thing about his character in which you can easily relate to without forcing yourself to accept it
May 2, 2022 4:02 AM
Sep 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:
If you mean by this word that he's a crybaby then yeah he wasn't like that at all
He's by far the most real shounen protagonist (in case you'd consider AOT a shounen) who doesn't cry unless the situation was deserving to do so
His psychological development is the most loving thing about his character in which you can easily relate to without forcing yourself to accept it

May 2, 2022 5:21 AM
Apr 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

What about it ?
It shows how much of human he is even after rumbling the majority of the world , and yes he was pathetic but that's how anyone in his position would be when talking to his best friend about his love interest while literally no one is hearing/seeing that side of him so it's completely fine
May 2, 2022 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
best eren is s2 eren, unfortunately you can't cure idiocy, that's why s4 happened like that
May 2, 2022 7:04 AM
Sep 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:
Mack_Yeager said:

What about it ?
It shows how much of human he is even after rumbling the majority of the world , and yes he was pathetic but that's how anyone in his position would be when talking to his best friend about his love interest while literally no one is hearing/seeing that side of him so it's completely fine

Probably explains why the hype went down ,and it's been over a year now and some part of the fandom still crave for an AOE, including me

Whenever the fans crave for an AOE it show that isayama failed in the end ,and his failure is obviously eren
May 2, 2022 10:58 AM
Apr 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

What about it ?

Probably explains why the hype went down ,and it's been over a year now and some part of the fandom still crave for an AOE, including me

Whenever the fans crave for an AOE it show that isayama failed in the end ,and his failure is obviously eren

I wouldn't put it like that
It's true that Isayama himself said that he wished he could make it better, but that doesn't mean it's bad either
Let's not dig into Eren's character being ruined because this statement is objectively incorrect and depends on the reader/watcher's understanding of his psychological development and his whole character from the beginning of the show, which is vague at times and isn't obvious for everyone for sure, but let's not forget that the last 40 chapters and all of S4 isn't for everyone (especially those who like the old humans Vs titans theme) nor everyone can digest it the correct way, so it's fine as long as there's people who understood it right, the majority will accept/comprehend the true messages & conclusions sooner or later, and I'm sure the anime will make it more easy to take in part 3 anyway ..

And for the people who want aoe, their number is decreasing day by day and you should also forget it, not just because it's impossible especially after ep 12 of this part, but also because the main factor here which is the Japanese fans don't care or even know about those stupid theories nor they want it to be ..
It's just a cringe western mindset for thinking that it will make the ending better by any means , which is ridiculously wrong
Not to mention that the majority of anime onlys who read the last 9 chapters didn't find it as bad as salty manga readers were talking about it which, if it indicates anything, is the amount of illusion and exaggerations that the ending haters , lived in..
May 2, 2022 11:28 PM

Jul 2021
looooool people who have read the ending shaking there heads rn 😹

May 2, 2022 11:53 PM
Sep 2020
_spoon_ said:
looooool people who have read the ending shaking there heads rn 😹

We desperately need an AOE😂
May 2, 2022 11:55 PM
Sep 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:
Mack_Yeager said:

It's true that Isayama himself said that he wished he could make it better, but that doesn't mean it's bad either
Let's not dig into Eren's character being ruined because this statement is objectively incorrect and depends on the reader/watcher's understanding of his psychological development and his whole character from the beginning of the show, which is vague at times and isn't obvious for everyone for sure, but let's not forget that the last 40 chapters and all of S4 isn't for everyone (especially those who like the old humans Vs titans theme) nor everyone can digest it the correct way, so it's fine as long as there's people who understood it right, the majority will accept/comprehend the true messages & conclusions sooner or later, and I'm sure the anime will make it more easy to take in part 3 anyway ..

And for the people who want aoe, their number is decreasing day by day and you should also forget it, not just because it's impossible especially after ep 12 of this part, but also because the main factor here which is the Japanese fans don't care or even know about those stupid theories nor they want it to be ..
It's just a cringe western mindset for thinking that it will make the ending better by any means , which is ridiculously wrong
Not to mention that the majority of anime onlys who read the last 9 chapters didn't find it as bad as salty manga readers were talking about it which, if it indicates anything, is the amount of illusion and exaggerations that the ending haters , lived in..

Isayama is a fraud!

He had to follow the norm, because if he didn't the higher ups would have screwed his life ,he did it save himself.

Everyone knew if he had given a proper Ending (which he had the capability to do)
This man would have easily been more rich than any other mangaka ,more respected than any other mangaka in history,the most respected story teller in history

But he didn't and had to follow the basic shounen rules after chapter 135
May 3, 2022 12:00 AM
Apr 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

Isayama is a fraud!

He had to follow the norm, because if he didn't the higher ups would have screwed his life ,he did it save himself.

Everyone knew if he had given a proper Ending (which he had the capability to do)
This man would have easily been more rich than any other mangaka ,more respected than any other mangaka in history,the most respected story teller in history

Biased talking, no need to say more
+ Does killing his MC follows the shounen rules 😭?
I don't think he's the fraud here
May 3, 2022 12:03 AM
Sep 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:
Mack_Yeager said:

Isayama is a fraud!

Nope killing the MC is not the main reason for the bad ending ,the main reason for the bad ending is eren's reasoning,his reasoning is so shouneny

Stupid reasoning is what made ch 139 a joke
May 3, 2022 12:13 AM
Apr 2020
Mack_Yeager said:
khalil04uzumaki said:

Nope killing the MC is not the main reason for the bad ending ,the main reason for the bad ending is eren's reasoning,his reasoning is so shouneny

If it's stupid in your eyes then I won't be surprised since it's coming from a yeagerist
But the surprise here is why do you have him in your profile picture if you think he's bad this much 😭
May 3, 2022 12:30 AM
Sep 2020
khalil04uzumaki said:
Mack_Yeager said:

If it's stupid in your eyes then I won't be surprised since it's coming from a yeagerist
But the surprise here is why do you have him in your profile picture if you think he's bad this much 😭

Because he is my favorite character, and this version of eren is my favorite ,i don't like the chapter 139🤡 eren,who is absolutely a hypocrite to his own beliefs
May 3, 2022 3:42 AM

Nov 2008
Evil Eren doesn’t work in the same way 139 Eren doesn’t work.

Both are extremely out-of-character, but people enjoyed the Evil one because at least he is cool.

Well guess what, you enjoyed Eren’s out-of-character behaviour without questioning the reasons for his rapidly inconsistent development.

Most people even made it a point that 107 – 123 Eren was very well written, hell, some wrote lengthy essays to praise him without noticing how badly written it actually was.

In an anti-nihilistic story that taught us to question everything we see, most people ignored every inconsistency and red flag while hopping on the Eren bandwagon.

AoT’s deliberately terrible ending is nothing but a punishment, and if we ever do get an alternative ending, AnRists are gonna feel the worst about it.
May 4, 2022 6:58 AM
Sep 2020
MironBiron said:
Evil Eren doesn’t work in the same way 139 Eren doesn’t work.

Both are extremely out-of-character, but people enjoyed the Evil one because at least he is cool.

Well guess what, you enjoyed Eren’s out-of-character behaviour without questioning the reasons for his rapidly inconsistent development.

Most people even made it a point that 107 – 123 Eren was very well written, hell, some wrote lengthy essays to praise him without noticing how badly written it actually was.

In an anti-nihilistic story that taught us to question everything we see, most people ignored every inconsistency and red flag while hopping on the Eren bandwagon.

AoT’s deliberately terrible ending is nothing but a punishment, and if we ever do get an alternative ending, AnRists are gonna feel the worst about it.

The reason why Evil eren works it's because his character was build up to be that way ,determined to kill the titans ,to learning that titans are humans ,than figuring out that the other side of the walls was also the same

And after the time skip ,we are expected things to change and it was going in a good direction,the declaration of war scene itself was the starting ,not knowing his true intentions made him a very tough character to follow ,but the main point is ,his actions led to events that are truly never seen before

The whiny eren character in ch 139 especially sobbing for her step-sister came out of character ,out of nowhere and also wasn't connecting to any of his acts that he did before so ,now that everyone knows the ending or even has the hint it becomes pointless from ch 107-123 ,that is what we mean by retconned,if his goals were never shown to the audience ,it would have been better as we can logically put the pieces keeping in mind Eren's character before 139

So it's obvious that isayama went for an NTR /code geass ending that's why 139 was objectively bad as compared to to the entire story

All we wanted in the ending was not to change his character ,him being alone to himself was better than him craving to be with his friends

I'll give an example of another character similar to eren

Aniken Skywalker

In this case ,Skywalker had no reasons to go the dark side ,but despite that he goes and till now we have no reason asto why he changed ,his character in the Star Wars trilogy is so powerful it's becoz after going to the dark side he didn't change back for a power of friendship treatment,

In films later on he meets his son who was on the good side and that,he asked his son to join him , obviously his son refused.

This moment was the best in history of star wars that even to this day Aniken Skywalker is praised and talked about ,everywhere ,he sort of becomes the boogeyman of Star wars ,a legend

Eren could have been the same ,but nah ,he wanted to be with his so called loved one "Mikasa",atleast for 10 years

Completely massacred his character ,we don't even know why freedom is to eren at this point 🤡,he is become a joke and a cringe material , especially the Eren x Mikasa shippers

Now what AOTnorequeim does is fixes eren character,gives him a goal that's logical,and the alliance feels more better now ,it really feels like mission impossible in AOTnorequeim

Mack_YeagerMay 4, 2022 7:14 AM
May 4, 2022 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
@Mack_Yeager

Eren Jaeger was not at all set up to end up in that way bro.

His words to Falco and Reiner in Chapters 97 and 100? Do you think those are the words of someone who’s gone evil?

We’re talking about a man who snapped out of his depression after hearing an anecdote from Keith about how his mother used to him when he was still a newborn.

People liked evil Eren way, way, way, way, way too much and Chapter 139 is the punishment to that attitude.

You’re not mad at Isayama. You’re mad at yourself for falling for Isayama’s trap.
May 11, 2022 3:02 AM
Sep 2020
MironBiron said:
@Mack_Yeager

His words to Falco and Reiner in Chapters 97 and 100? Do you think those are the words of someone who’s gone evil?

We’re talking about a man who snapped out of his depression after hearing an anecdote from Keith about how his mother used to him when he was still a newborn.

People liked evil Eren way, way, way, way, way too much and Chapter 139 is the punishment to that attitude.

You’re not mad at Isayama. You’re mad at yourself for falling for Isayama’s trap.
MironBiron said:
@Mack_Yeager

but it is isayama's fault for treating us badly like that , which by definition is unsatisfying
May 12, 2022 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
Mack_Yeager said:
but it is isayama's fault for treating us badly like that , which by definition is unsatisfying

It’s your own fault for failing to see that 112, 121, 123 and 130 never made sense in the first place.
Jun 21, 2022 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
I like s4 Eren, I never liked Levi.
It's also true I hated s1-s3 Eren.
Jan 1, 2023 6:57 AM
Mar 2022
Hey everyone I am sorry the negative posts I have left on this chain
Jan 30, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2019
I liked the loud Eren previously, he was full of spirit. That grown-up one is literally a walking suicidal zombie.

Feb 1, 2023 11:46 PM
Sep 2020
MironBiron said:
Mack_Yeager said:

It’s your own fault for failing to see that 112, 121, 123 and 130 never made sense in the first place.

You mean 113,122 and 131
And those chapters are what made eren who is and why people love him for that ...so your point?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.