Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2022 10:20 AM
Jun 2021
sometimes you might need a great idiot to make a masterpiece.
Apr 15, 2022 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
Eren is simple-minded.

he always was.
Apr 15, 2022 12:26 PM

Feb 2022
cyf1986 said:
ibraballs said:
is this serious or just sarcasm? so very small percentage of people dying unintentionally means he doesn't care for paradise island? "but some turned to titans and ate couple of people!" you do realize founder titan doesn't mean the god of all titans right lol?

Pretty sure OP is manga reader and he's seemingly trying to make an argument based on current infos but not really. Though I would partly agree in a sense that Eren could've instructed Floch to blow up the planes earlier but "chose" not to.

I haven't read the manga though I know what's going to happen in the end,thanks to the spoilers.

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Apr 15, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2020
GreyratAnimelist said:
cyf1986 said:

Pretty sure OP is manga reader and he's seemingly trying to make an argument based on current infos but not really. Though I would partly agree in a sense that Eren could've instructed Floch to blow up the planes earlier but "chose" not to.

I haven't read the manga though I know what's going to happen in the end,thanks to the spoilers.

yes i can say uptill chapter 138 AOT is forgivable ,in ch 138 the stuff you put in spoiler happens and honestly its actually a good conclusion ,althought i would have prefered eren winning and 100% rumbling a much better conclusion, i would still accept what isayama gave us in ch 138,the stupidity actually happens in chapter 139

exactly you have not read the manga so you have no right to call eren an idiot for having doing the rumbling

the only reason he becomes an idiot is when he apologises to not wanting to do the rumbling ,that is in chapter 139, that apology is so cringe and out of his character ,what it did worse was that now the entire rumbling which was technically the best arc in AOT
lost its purpose and all anime onlies are acting like clowns to mappa's circus that is final season part 3, the action in part 3 the suspense will be really great the writing for the first 6 chapters will be even better than the first 5 episodes of s4p2 but then after that the stupidity, the retcons and plot holes , all of them will start to pop out and the entire purpose of eren being the greatest character will ultimately result in clown fest full of simple minded morons

when clearly he gave his reasons later on in upcoming chapters, and the best part is those reasons makes it feel like eren's rumbling plan to destroy almost everyone outside the walls a much better option then he having to do only 80 percent and for his friends to live along life bullshit , making him the ultimate clown of the story and as you said an idiot
Mack_YeagerApr 15, 2022 12:52 PM
Apr 15, 2022 3:35 PM
May 2021
GreyratAnimelist said:
Why I am saying this because why the hell he is doing rumbling?
Many people defend rumbling by saying Eren is doing this because he want to save Paradis Island's people
But literally he don't care about the paradis Island's people,Why?
Because in Episode six of this part we can see that when Wall Titan coming out of the walls then the walls were started breaking and the walls were falling apart on the houses of the people of Paradis Island where a lot of Paradis Island's people were killed so it shows that Eren don't care about the people of Paradis Island.
And yeah due to Zeke spinal fluid many soilders became brainless titans and they started eating people of Paradis island,Eren did not normalize these people whereas Eren had the power to normalize these people by using the power of founding titan so by doing this he could save many soilders and Pardis's people which were eaten by these titans.
But he didn't.
So it's literally shows that he don't care about the Paradise Island's people.
So why the hell he is doing this rumbling???
Now many people defend this by saying because he want to save his friend.!
That's why I am saying him an Idiot I mean to save his 4-5 friends he is literally going to kill everyone in outside world!
Isn't this idea ridiculous?
To save his 4-5 friends he is doing rumbling is this not a work of an Idiot????

imagine your family died. now your happy friends are going to die and the endless war between your genre vs world is never going to end so what will u do. eren thought about it a lot. not like a hot headed or coward
Apr 15, 2022 4:35 PM

Jul 2021
animu007 said:
Eren is simple-minded.

he always was.

It's true.

As much as he's experienced and grown, he's still the angry kid at heart. And I love that about the story. Some characters evolve and wisen up. They realize their place in society and learn to contribute (Jean -> regiment leader). Not Eren. He's still a big ball of F*ck You!

One of the best moments in S4P2 was angry-face Eren when his dad was talking to the Reiss family. He's still the kid from S1E2 that Mikasa has to punch in the face.
barsoapguy219Apr 15, 2022 4:51 PM
Apr 15, 2022 5:37 PM

Jan 2016
Mack_Yeager said:
Alvacka97 said:
"Isn't this idea ridiculous?"
Not ridiculous, just selfish and extremist, but that's exactly what Eren is, or at least are some of his many flaws. All these consistent characteristics of his character from the start, he's always been unstable, selfish and overly emotional, that's part of what makes him a monstrous villain post-TS, and someone you should not be rooting for.

I think the one giving this post completely missed the point of the rumbling.

The actual reason for the rumbling was to create a new hope a new life , something that would makes this world a better place by cleaning the trash(Marley) or 100% rumbling

What happens in ch 139 is an excuse to the plan 🤡,
#thankyouhacksayama🤡
Not Yams' fault that you were dumb enough to believe that a 100% rumbling would actually solve Paradis' problems, even though everyone else in the story, even fuckin' Floch agreed that Eldians would end up killing each other sooner or later, just like the old Eldian empire did when they ran out of enemies.
"We have to keep the children out of the forest by brutally murdering the majority of them."
Alvacka97Apr 15, 2022 5:45 PM
Apr 16, 2022 7:51 AM
Aug 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
Short answer, YES.
Big answer, isayama is an idiot so naturally,Eren is an idiot too

seems like ur the idiot
Apr 16, 2022 7:53 AM
Aug 2021
Paja03 said:
Alvacka97 said:
I find it hilarious, the obsession haters have with this show to the point they'll willingly come stalk it's forum page just to see what new post they can spew their shit takes on.
Eren pfp detected, opinion rejected.

says tge guy with jojo pfp
Apr 16, 2022 8:02 AM

Dec 2012
The fundamental flaw of Eren's character is that his motives are all over the place. Isayama should have stuck to one definitive goal and shaped Eren by that. It's still too early to go into detail, so I'll just say that based on the anime so far, I would rather Eren be a Light tier master manipulator than to be an edgier Luffy who fights to protect his nakama.
Apr 16, 2022 8:21 AM

May 2021
Ichigo2140 said:
KP_SENSEI said:
Short answer, YES.
Big answer, isayama is an idiot so naturally,Eren is an idiot too

seems like ur the idiot

Seems like someone got triggered
Apr 16, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2013
EviL_GriN said:
Anyone could turn out worse than just an idiot after what he went through

Please, we can even debate that some characters hard it worse, including his own Brother.
Apr 16, 2022 10:23 AM
Mar 2021
After the ending you will understand everything. you will understand why he is doing this
Apr 16, 2022 1:06 PM
Feb 2022
Eren is far from a idiot, people that say that can’t understand his character.
Apr 16, 2022 4:48 PM

Mar 2020
GreyratAnimelist said:
Many people defend rumbling by saying Eren is doing this because he want to save Paradis Island's people
Because in Episode six of this part we can see that when Wall Titan coming out of the walls then the walls were started breaking and the walls were falling apart on the houses of the people of Paradis Island where a lot of Paradis Island's people were killed so it shows that Eren don't care about the people of Paradis Island.
And yeah due to Zeke spinal fluid many soilders became brainless titans and they started eating people of Paradis island,Eren did not normalize these people whereas Eren had the power to normalize these people by using the power of founding titan so by doing this he could save many soilders and Pardis's people which were eaten by these titans.
But he didn't.
That's why I am saying him an Idiot I mean to save his 4-5 friends he is literally going to kill everyone in outside world!

he only cares about mikasa and armin lol
Apr 16, 2022 10:03 PM
Jan 2020
iLuvCoffee said:
GreyratAnimelist said:
But he didn't.

Alright, I hope this doesn't offend you alot but, the plotline of Attack On Titan isn't just like your typical average shounen, it actually requires a certain level of maturity to quantify, analyze and only then, justify (if you wish to do so that is).

What I mean by that, whatever any of the characters are doing, whether be it like saving 5 of his favorite friends and getting revenge by sacrificing millions of innocent people, it doesn't fucking matter. His entire character, the sole purpose in this story, is in fact to do this. Take it from this perspective, a mortician has to temper with a dead person's body whether you or anyone thinks it's disgusting, gross or even horrifying, it doesn't matter. It's their fucking job, their sole purpose to "move forward" (a bit dramatic here but I wanted to reference Eren's ideal motto).

If you've watched and picked up on it, in the last few minutes of the last episode of this Part, you'll notice we get a transition from The Founding Titan Eren into a flashback to the very fucking beginning of the first episode of the entire series, his mother getting eaten and him just getting carried away by Hannes scene. What does this tell? It's obviously connecting and showing us the parallels of those 2 scenes, one in which Eren witnesses his mother's last moments and another one where he, now fully in control of his own ideal goals, finally gets the chance to extract revenge from the very same people who had his mother killed in the first place. You might think, killing almost all of them? It's simply because it's generalized, rich and poor, healthy and the weak, young and old, no one is safe from his wreath that slumbered for years now fully awakened. Remember Thanos? Lol. I fucking love anti-villains who are actually written greatly.

I am guessing you're an anime only. I won't spoil anything but like you are so wrong about the things you said.
Apr 16, 2022 10:04 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Piromysl said:
Because mommy got eaten, so now everyone has to die.

>He doesn't know
Should we tell him?
Apr 16, 2022 10:40 PM

Jul 2015
LeonhartAugust said:
Piromysl said:
Because mommy got eaten, so now everyone has to die.

>He doesn't know
Should we tell him?

It was a low effort joke.

Apr 16, 2022 11:34 PM

Nov 2013
Its in character IMO. Did you see pre-timeskip Eren?
Apr 17, 2022 12:27 AM

Feb 2022
ayaneshlal said:
iLuvCoffee said:

Alright, I hope this doesn't offend you alot but, the plotline of Attack On Titan isn't just like your typical average shounen, it actually requires a certain level of maturity to quantify, analyze and only then, justify (if you wish to do so that is).

What I mean by that, whatever any of the characters are doing, whether be it like saving 5 of his favorite friends and getting revenge by sacrificing millions of innocent people, it doesn't fucking matter. His entire character, the sole purpose in this story, is in fact to do this. Take it from this perspective, a mortician has to temper with a dead person's body whether you or anyone thinks it's disgusting, gross or even horrifying, it doesn't matter. It's their fucking job, their sole purpose to "move forward" (a bit dramatic here but I wanted to reference Eren's ideal motto).

If you've watched and picked up on it, in the last few minutes of the last episode of this Part, you'll notice we get a transition from The Founding Titan Eren into a flashback to the very fucking beginning of the first episode of the entire series, his mother getting eaten and him just getting carried away by Hannes scene. What does this tell? It's obviously connecting and showing us the parallels of those 2 scenes, one in which Eren witnesses his mother's last moments and another one where he, now fully in control of his own ideal goals, finally gets the chance to extract revenge from the very same people who had his mother killed in the first place. You might think, killing almost all of them? It's simply because it's generalized, rich and poor, healthy and the weak, young and old, no one is safe from his wreath that slumbered for years now fully awakened. Remember Thanos? Lol. I fucking love anti-villains who are actually written greatly.

I am guessing you're an anime only. I won't spoil anything but like you are so wrong about the things you said.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!! I used to believe a little that he is taking revenge because his mother dies because of the outside world.! I don't know the exact detail what are you saying but if it is true then there is no point in the rumbling.
If it's true then why he hate the outside world?

Apr 17, 2022 12:31 AM
Nov 2018
Aastik_V said:
TrillaDSmith said:

Eren is far from a well written character ,he has absolutely no valid reasoning for his actions if you’ve read the manga,I think this another case of someone being lost in there own headcanon due to copium.

yeah the favourite thing about this fandom is that it treats aot as something very deep while the story is linear and pretty easy to understand.
but hey
it's fucking deep and u 15 yo boys can't understand it
still better than bein bitter towards randos on the internet for likin a character.
Apr 17, 2022 5:59 AM
Dec 2017
I will admit that it doesn't seem like he has really thought his plan out...like...at all...it just seems like this is something he wants to do and saving his people is kind of sidelined.
Apr 17, 2022 10:05 PM

Aug 2020
absolutely, feel free to argue but I feel like they hasted so much development into eren and other characters as well as the plot, they cut through a lot of time and leave the viewers to just guess what happens in between. they also try to justify very dumb things in the anime that eren does that he simply wouldn't if it wasn't rushed. ever since mappa took control the show has just been a cash grab and not really focus on entertainment

Apr 17, 2022 10:32 PM

Jul 2021
I guess he sees those deaths as a small price to pay.

Apr 18, 2022 3:55 AM
Oct 2021
Caged like cattle, his mom and friends got eaten, eat his own father, his aunt (Faye Yeager) eaten by Marleyan's dog...

But I think he is not really care about paradis people, he just really hate non-paradis people
Apr 18, 2022 1:22 PM
Apr 2022
Everyone is an idiot at this point.
Apr 19, 2022 10:59 AM

Oct 2020
Yes Eren is an idiot.
Apr 19, 2022 11:10 AM
Aug 2021
Nah, Eren Yeager is a goat.
May 21, 2022 12:59 AM
Jan 2020
GreyratAnimelist said:
ayaneshlal said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!! I used to believe a little that he is taking revenge because his mother dies because of the outside world.! I don't know the exact detail what are you saying but if it is true then there is no point in the rumbling.
If it's true then why he hate the outside world?

[/quote]
May 21, 2022 3:16 AM
Sep 2019
GreyratAnimelist said:
But he didn't.
While you're right on many of the point you made, you reached some wrong conclusions. On one hand, Eren Jeager isn't some cold bloded Anti-hero cool mastermind Manhwa/Isekai character. On the other hand, he isn't either a stupid moron who is "moving forward" and reaping the consequences later with no care in mind to what he is leaving behind. The reality, that both sides of the fanbase don't want to accept out of stubbornness and being childish, is that he is a normal human being with selfish goals and reasons. Nothing less, nothing more. Just like, for example, how Reiner continued to destroy the walls even after living with the people there and learning that they are no devils, just normal human beings with good ones and bad ones among them. He wanted the world to see him as hero and his people as "Good Eldians" and, above all, to protect his family and reunite them. Selfish reasons, but human ones as well. And this isn't something just in Reiner's character, it is a prevalent theme that can be seen, not only in most of the main characters of the show like Eren and Annie, but with the Eldians that live all around the world. They pointed fingers at the Island because they found a way to make the world blame someone else for once and took it. Again, Selfish reasons but human ones all the same.
Scythe97May 21, 2022 3:32 AM
May 21, 2022 3:23 AM
Sep 2019
VeryGhoul said:
Eren is childish. He’s doing the rumbling because he doesn’t like the fact that people exist outside the walls. He couldn’t accept that new reality so he chose to destroy it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Chapter 131 explains his entire character and personality. Read that chapter. It also explains the ending
100% Agreed, but unfortunately, people in this "fan" base don't want to be proven wrong; they just want their Super-duper-spicy-Kentucky-fast-food ending deliverd to their homes.
May 21, 2022 3:29 AM
Sep 2019
Paja03 said:
Alvacka97 said:
I find it hilarious, the obsession haters have with this show to the point they'll willingly come stalk it's forum page just to see what new post they can spew their shit takes on.
Good job my boy, love to see you proving to entire internet how childish and stupid you are. I have so much respect for Isayama because of his Masterpiece, but avove all for bending every childish fan and fu**ing them in the ass 😂😂😂. He gave you THE finger of a liftime 😂😂😂.
May 21, 2022 3:31 AM

Jan 2021
Scythe97 said:
Paja03 said:
Good job my boy, love to see you proving to entire internet how childish and stupid you are. I have so much respect for Isayama because of his Masterpiece, but avove all for bending every childish fan and fu**ing them in the ass 😂😂😂. He gave you THE finger of a liftime 😂😂😂.
Isayama just ruined aot becuase of the ending, so basically he gave a middle finger to all of us.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
May 21, 2022 3:34 AM
Sep 2019
Paja03 said:
Scythe97 said:
Isayama just ruined aot becuase of the ending, so basically he gave a middle finger to all of us.
Sure sure, keep telling yourself that. It surly helps you sleep at night. 😂😂😂 truly children.
May 21, 2022 3:37 AM

Jan 2021
Scythe97 said:
Paja03 said:
Sure sure, keep telling yourself that. It surly helps you sleep at night. 😂😂😂 truly children.
Im sorry Mr butthurt "elitist" for saying that aot has a shit ending. Keep lying to yourself that the ending isnt shit.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
May 21, 2022 3:55 AM

Feb 2021
Being an idiot is one thing, but he comes off as a clownish imbecile at the end thanks to Isayama's writing.
A lot of points has been restated here, so i won't repeat them. But one thing most of the other ending "haters" miss is that what he did to Armin is complete fucking garbage. Because most of the people who hate the ending also hate the Armin. But i kind of like Armin. And holy fucking shit it's unbelievable in what kind of situation Eren left Armin in, with basically telling him "You got this bro!, i believe in you!, goodbye now"
Like how in the fucking hell do you expect Armin to do anything AFTER what YOU'VE done.
So i think even as a Nakamafuck, his character just doesn't work.
May 21, 2022 4:01 AM
Sep 2019
Paja03 said:
Scythe97 said:
Im sorry Mr butthurt "elitist" for saying that aot has a shit ending. Keep lying to yourself that the ending isnt shit.
What, I don't understand what you're saying. All I'm hearing is "Boobo baba ohhhh Wahhhhhh!". Bye little baby, have a nice life.
May 22, 2022 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
Scythe97 said:
Paja03 said:
What, I don't understand what you're saying. All I'm hearing is "Boobo baba ohhhh Wahhhhhh!". Bye little baby, have a nice life.

A classic debate between two Kaguya-sama fans, remind me of the clever mind games in the show.
May 23, 2022 7:04 AM
Sep 2020
Xilver said:
Being an idiot is one thing, but he comes off as a clownish imbecile at the end thanks to Isayama's writing.
A lot of points has been restated here, so i won't repeat them. But one thing most of the other ending "haters" miss is that what he did to Armin is complete fucking garbage. Because most of the people who hate the ending also hate the Armin. But i kind of like Armin. And holy fucking shit it's unbelievable in what kind of situation Eren left Armin in, with basically telling him "You got this bro!, i believe in you!, goodbye now"
Like how in the fucking hell do you expect Armin to do anything AFTER what YOU'VE done.
So i think even as a Nakamafuck, his character just doesn't work.

Is there a way to change this mess of a character ? Have you seen AOT no requeim!

In that Armin is shown a bit different because of situation ,but the thing is over there Armin makes a lot more sence

Would you prefer that sort of Armin(where he is asking the right questions and trying to find the root cause for Eren's change in character) or rather than the one we got in ch 139but written slightly better(Where Armin just accepts the reality and praises Eren)

May 25, 2022 4:38 AM
Jan 2021
Alvacka97 said:
GreyratAnimelist said:
But he didn't.
Not ridiculous, just selfish and extremist, but that's exactly what Eren is, or at least are some of his many flaws. All these consistent characteristics of his character from the start, he's always been unstable, selfish and overly emotional, that's part of what makes him a monstrous villain post-TS, and someone you should not be rooting for.
Eren is the worst protagonist, cry about it
ending defenders who actually are the minority but pretend as if you're majority
AishaBiMay 25, 2022 4:43 AM
May 25, 2022 10:26 AM

Feb 2021
Mack_Yeager said:
Have you seen AOT no requeim!

Nah, not interested in fanfics. But if they show Historia naked let me know, i'll check THAT out. One thing for sure is that EH ending won't work without sex, shown in an explicit manner, while they're getting memories of the massacre their union is going to inevitably cause. Creation of life including its disgusting parts, and death including its gruesome parts, have to be juxtaposed in a proper manner for the idea of full genocide to work.
I don't think they'll do it. I don't think they get it.
May 25, 2022 12:25 PM
Sep 2020
Xilver said:
Mack_Yeager said:
Have you seen AOT no requeim!

Nah, not interested in fanfics. But if they show Historia naked let me know, i'll check THAT out. One thing for sure is that EH ending won't work without sex, shown in an explicit manner, while they're getting memories of the massacre their union is going to inevitably cause. Creation of life including its disgusting parts, and death including its gruesome parts, have to be juxtaposed in a proper manner for the idea of full genocide to work.
I don't think they'll do it. I don't think they get it.

Well said my friend,these anime onlies and mappa studio would not get it

when AOT starts being compared to shows like spy x family and kaguya sama you know that the ending has ruined the fandom
May 25, 2022 10:49 PM
Jul 2021
AishaBi said:
Alvacka97 said:
ending defenders who actually are the minority but pretend as if you're majority

Disagreed
Clears your fav mc anyday.
And, how exactly is he the worst ?
May 25, 2022 11:29 PM

Jan 2016
AishaBi said:
Alvacka97 said:
It's been months since i posted that you weirdo, move on xD
And we are the majority, dumbass, unlike you we can actually provide proof to that.

AoT will keep being praised, will keep getting essays and analysis and will remain in the top 50 highest rated shows both here, in IMDB, in Anilist, Crunchyroll and any other platform for years to come, cry about it all you want, miserable fuck 🤣🤣🤣

May 25, 2022 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
As what Thanos used to say: "A small price to pay for salvation".
May 26, 2022 5:05 AM

Sep 2020
Wait, he isn't???
May 26, 2022 10:47 AM

Dec 2015
You dont need to go far to see that Eren character is something that a real person would do.

I dont want to involve politics but like its the best example...
Look at Russia/Ukraine, they whole motive of invading ukraine is to get revenge on the west,
because they dont like it.
And justifying it as helping and protecting the people of russia while in reallity they suffer more then ever now.

Same shit.
The same nonesense motives but they do really happen give the power to the wrong person and that's might happen.

So yeah Eren is well written character.
Like yeah his motives are childish he is but hurt but like he is written well and that's reasoning is quite real.

Tbh before the invasion of ukraine eveyone where sceptical as to will they invade because like that move is fucking retarded.
May 27, 2022 1:54 AM
Nov 2021
Eren is a fraud 🤥🤥 just because of you had bad experiences it is not means that he has right to do the same thing to the others
May 27, 2022 4:57 AM
Nov 2021
Yes..... He is...
May 27, 2022 7:05 AM

Feb 2022
why the hell this thread get active after 1.5 months😂

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.