Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2022
Jupi-Jup said:
You dont need to go far to see that Eren character is something that a real person would do.

I dont want to involve politics but like its the best example...
Look at Russia/Ukraine, they whole motive of invading ukraine is to get revenge on the west,
because they dont like it.
And justifying it as helping and protecting the people of russia while in reallity they suffer more then ever now.

Same shit.
The same nonesense motives but they do really happen give the power to the wrong person and that's might happen.

So yeah Eren is well written character.
Like yeah his motives are childish he is but hurt but like he is written well and that's reasoning is quite real.

Tbh before the invasion of ukraine eveyone where sceptical as to will they invade because like that move is fucking retarded.

yeah! man we humans are enough to destroy our civilization by ourselves we don't need alien,pandemic, meteors , Supervolcano etc for this .

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 27, 2022 10:05 AM

Mar 2011
complete idiot. his motivation is so poorly written at this point it's bordering on insanity - but even psychopaths can be analyzed to some degree, so eren is even more illogical than a psycho. he's literally impossible to understand as a character and it makes all his decisions seem meaningless.

does he want freedom? does he want his friends to live happy lives? does he want revenge for his mom? who knows, because all of those goals ultimately contradict each other in some way and the rumbling solves none of them.

killing the whole world will surely not make his friends happy, they'll live the rest of their lives with regret and sadness, not to mention he's putting them through hell to try and stop him. the revenge angle is so done at this point, it's not even a debate anymore that the death of his mom, or even all the people who died in the walls via titans, is worth destroying the world for. and if he kills everyone but those in paradis, it won't erase the cycle/history of hatred, because people are people and they will always find a way to hate.

so in summary, he is an idiot and frankly so is the manga author for writing him this way. even the worst antagonists have a clear motivation no matter how simplistic or complex, so i feel like i can't even call eren the show's antagonist now. he's just a nuisance
fragilefireMay 27, 2022 10:10 AM
May 29, 2022 4:06 AM
Jan 2021
dark_knight107 said:
AishaBi said:
Eren is the worst protagonist, cry about it
ending defenders who actually are the minority but pretend as if you're majority

Disagreed
Clears your fav mc anyday.
And, how exactly is he the worst ?
worst is an overstatement but yeah he's far from my fav MC lol. My fav is lelouch and light (in anime), guts and kaneki (in manga) all of them are leagues above Eren
May 29, 2022 4:11 AM
Jan 2021
Alvacka97 said:
AishaBi said:
Eren is the worst protagonist, cry about it
ending defenders who actually are the minority but pretend as if you're majority
It's been months since i posted that you weirdo, move on xD
And we are the majority, dumbass, unlike you we can actually provide proof to that.

AoT will keep being praised, will keep getting essays and analysis and will remain in the top 50 highest rated shows both here, in IMDB, in Anilist, Crunchyroll and any other platform for years to come, cry about it all you want, miserable fuck 🤣🤣🤣

ofcourse in their fanpages Aot will be rated high wtf logic is that? Haven't you seen the ratings of manga went soo down after ch139. Infact the ratings in mal went downhill from ch136 itself. Aot is still praised soo much in IMDb anilist and crunchyroll because ch139 haven't been animated yet.

Trust me I once was like you, worshipping aot and isayama everywhere, even tried my best to like that ending but sorry I couldn't.. it was that terrible
May 29, 2022 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
He wants to save his friends.... so the everyone has to die.

Yh he is an idiot and very selfish one aswell,
May 29, 2022 6:47 AM

Feb 2022
AishaBi said:
Alvacka97 said:
And we are the majority, dumbass, unlike you we can actually provide proof to that.

AoT will keep being praised, will keep getting essays and analysis and will remain in the top 50 highest rated shows both here, in IMDB, in Anilist, Crunchyroll and any other platform for years to come, cry about it all you want, miserable fuck 🤣🤣🤣

ofcourse in their fanpages Aot will be rated high wtf logic is that? Haven't you seen the ratings of manga went soo down after ch139. Infact the ratings in mal went downhill from ch136 itself. Aot is still praised soo much in IMDb anilist and crunchyroll because ch139 haven't been animated yet.

Trust me I once was like you, worshipping aot and isayama everywhere, even tried my best to like that ending but sorry I couldn't.. it was that terrible

yeah I recently read the ending of attack on titan and I don't what they are liking maybe they are liking that 80% innocent people died in outside world
or
Armin thanking Eren for genocide?
or
Eren was crying and saying please Mikasa don't forget me for next 10 years?
or
Mikasa ended up with jean
or
Historia Ended up with farmer-kun?
or
Eren,Floch,Hange died
or
Outside world next generation is now taking revenge from Paradis island for 80% people who died 100 years ago
or
Eren killed his own mom to save bertholdt (what a stupid thing this was)

I don't know man what they are liking in the ending .

May 29, 2022 7:18 AM
Jan 2021
GreyratAnimelist said:
AishaBi said:

yeah I recently read the ending of attack on titan and I don't what they are liking maybe they are liking that 80% innocent people died in outside world
or
Armin thanking Eren for genocide?
or
Eren was crying and saying please Mikasa don't forget me for next 10 years?
or
Mikasa ended up with jean
or
Historia Ended up with farmer-kun?
or
Eren,Floch,Hange died
or
Outside world next generation is now taking revenge from Paradis island for 80% people who died 100 years ago
or
Eren killed his own mom to save bertholdt (what a stupid thing this was)

I don't know man what they are liking in the ending .
the fact is no one actually likes the ending. It has soo much of plot holes and everyone knows about it. It's just that they liked the series to the point that they're not ready to accept it and still coping as much as they can.
Jun 2, 2022 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
fragilefire said:
complete idiot. his motivation is so poorly written at this point it's bordering on insanity - but even psychopaths can be analyzed to some degree, so eren is even more illogical than a psycho. he's literally impossible to understand as a character and it makes all his decisions seem meaningless.

does he want freedom? does he want his friends to live happy lives? does he want revenge for his mom? who knows, because all of those goals ultimately contradict each other in some way and the rumbling solves none of them.

killing the whole world will surely not make his friends happy, they'll live the rest of their lives with regret and sadness, not to mention he's putting them through hell to try and stop him. the revenge angle is so done at this point, it's not even a debate anymore that the death of his mom, or even all the people who died in the walls via titans, is worth destroying the world for. and if he kills everyone but those in paradis, it won't erase the cycle/history of hatred, because people are people and they will always find a way to hate.

so in summary, he is an idiot and frankly so is the manga author for writing him this way. even the worst antagonists have a clear motivation no matter how simplistic or complex, so i feel like i can't even call eren the show's antagonist now. he's just a nuisance

Ill say again what i said above,
Look at Russia, does their motives remotly logical? its borderline insane.

Same shit, his character is very much real.

I Do agree his motives are dumb af, but there are literally a Nation ruled by idiots alike in the real world.
so saying "even psycos etc... can be analyzed"
is inaccurate, as yeah looking at before ukrain invasion people said that only a psyco would invade ukrain as that has 0 stratigic gains for russia only downsides.
they still did it, why? because pride or idk the motives are retarded dont ask why.

The point is your motive doesnt need to be right or meaningfull or have any thing logical about it, it literally can be anything.

and Tbh Eren has a motive he has a goal, its not like he does random shit.
Jun 2, 2022 8:41 PM

Mar 2011
Jupi-Jup said:
fragilefire said:

Ill say again what i said above,
Look at Russia, does their motives remotly logical? its borderline insane.

Same shit, his character is very much real.

I Do agree his motives are dumb af, but there are literally a Nation ruled by idiots alike in the real world.
so saying "even psycos etc... can be analyzed"
is inaccurate, as yeah looking at before ukrain invasion people said that only a psyco would invade ukrain as that has 0 stratigic gains for russia only downsides.
they still did it, why? because pride or idk the motives are retarded dont ask why.

The point is your motive doesnt need to be right or meaningfull or have any thing logical about it, it literally can be anything.

and Tbh Eren has a motive he has a goal, its not like he does random shit.

i totally get what you're saying, but the problem is that you're equating fiction with real life - attack on titan is not real life, it's a crafted story. fiction can feel real, but ultimately it is written to have a plot, characters, etc that should all have purpose or meaning. not necessarily a deep meaning or anything, but meaning nonetheless, or else all stories would just be a bunch of random things thrown together that don't make sense. and obviously the writer of attack on titan KNOWS how to write, he is a masterful storyteller in many ways. the majority of this series is incredibly well-written, well-planned, has twists and turns, unique characters with believable personalities and motivations, etc...

so why are eren's actions suddenly feeling so idiotic to so many people? it's because of bad writing. i think the writer just lost control of eren's character in a lot of ways and/or did an extremely poor job of relaying the drastic shift in eren's mentality. and i totally agree that motives can be anything, even something completely stupid -- as long as it makes sense that they would have that goal based on the type of character they are. eren's emotions and actions, no matter how dumb or impulsive, have always made sense for the kind of character he is, up until the timeskip. his post-timeskip character is just a mess imo
fragilefireJun 2, 2022 8:45 PM
Jun 3, 2022 4:02 AM

May 2018
god I used to wish Eren could rumble my ass but now I'm not so sure anymore
Jun 6, 2022 4:18 PM

Dec 2015
fragilefire said:

i totally get what you're saying, but the problem is that you're equating fiction with real life - attack on titan is not real life, it's a crafted story. fiction can feel real, but ultimately it is written to have a plot, characters, etc that should all have purpose or meaning. not necessarily a deep meaning or anything, but meaning nonetheless, or else all stories would just be a bunch of random things thrown together that don't make sense. and obviously the writer of attack on titan KNOWS how to write, he is a masterful storyteller in many ways. the majority of this series is incredibly well-written, well-planned, has twists and turns, unique characters with believable personalities and motivations, etc...

so why are eren's actions suddenly feeling so idiotic to so many people? it's because of bad writing. i think the writer just lost control of eren's character in a lot of ways and/or did an extremely poor job of relaying the drastic shift in eren's mentality. and i totally agree that motives can be anything, even something completely stupid -- as long as it makes sense that they would have that goal based on the type of character they are. eren's emotions and actions, no matter how dumb or impulsive, have always made sense for the kind of character he is, up until the timeskip. his post-timeskip character is just a mess imo

Supposedly it does happen to writters that they invest into characters so much that they dont really controll them.
but like that means that Eren is kinda has his own motives.

Tbh untill i see how that thing ends its hard for me to say if that was idiotic or not.

from someone not knowing what comes next.
it feels like Eren is trying to be the bad guy in order for everyone to hate him after that.

like Lelouch from code geas.
so something along those lines.

Like if he start the rummbling destroyes half the world because well he was someone motivated by hate.
and that hate was motivated by hate etc...

Then he was stopped by supposedly the "bad guys" with would save half the world in the process.

For once it would scare the shit out of the world to threaten the friends of eren as like they posses the power to destroy the world.
and secondly they saved the world from some psyco.

If that's are his motives then they are fine by me i found them like okayish

i do feel like there was a better way of doing shit but whatever iam not the author.

Also in a lot of stories now messing up the ending is kinda hard.
Jun 7, 2022 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
he's not an idiot but you are a fmab bot, next time watch the anime you wanna bash on
Jun 10, 2022 6:06 AM
May 2019
AishaBi said:
Alvacka97 said:

How stupid you can be to judge such a complex work only for the last 3 chapters
Jun 10, 2022 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, he is a big dummy!
Jun 10, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 2021
Jockeys said:
AishaBi said:

How stupid you can be to judge such a complex work only for the last 3 chapters
not only last 3 chapters but rumbling Arc itself was terribly written.. the ending made it worse
Jun 10, 2022 8:12 AM
Feb 2018
Eren yeager is an idiot
Jun 21, 2022 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
I'd say even if most of the buildings collapse, the residents will still have better chances of survival, compared to the rest of the world.

So no Eren isn't an idiot, the idiots are the Reiss family, for renouncing war.
Jun 23, 2023 3:37 AM
Sep 2022
No, never! You just don't understand.
Jun 23, 2023 10:35 AM
Feb 2023
GreyratAnimelist said:
Why I am saying this because why the hell he is doing rumbling?
Many people defend rumbling by saying Eren is doing this because he want to save Paradis Island's people
But literally he don't care about the paradis Island's people,Why?
Because in Episode six of this part we can see that when Wall Titan coming out of the walls then the walls were started breaking and the walls were falling apart on the houses of the people of Paradis Island where a lot of Paradis Island's people were killed so it shows that Eren don't care about the people of Paradis Island.
And yeah due to Zeke spinal fluid many soilders became brainless titans and they started eating people of Paradis island,Eren did not normalize these people whereas Eren had the power to normalize these people by using the power of founding titan so by doing this he could save many soilders and Pardis's people which were eaten by these titans.
But he didn't.
So it's literally shows that he don't care about the Paradise Island's people.
So why the hell he is doing this rumbling???
Now many people defend this by saying because he want to save his friend.!
That's why I am saying him an Idiot I mean to save his 4-5 friends he is literally going to kill everyone in outside world!
Isn't this idea ridiculous?
To save his 4-5 friends he is doing rumbling is this not a work of an Idiot????

Eren is trying to protect the island. Not that people are defending his actions by saying that, but it's just that he's trying to do that. In case of his rumbling causing destruction inside the island, I don't know why he would be careless about that, but he just didn't care about a minor harm being caused inside, his ultimate aim was to trample the world outside the walls mainly Marley. He didn't just do that to protect the fate of the island, but he had multiple motivations behind doing that. He wanted freedom for himself and his people, he wanted to protect his closest friends, and yes, he also wanted to do another thing which I won't mention at this moment otherwise it may spoil some people tho it's quite obvious by now (Lelouch Lamperouge reference).
So, is he an idiot 'overall'? NO! His reasons for doing the things are completely fair. BUT, nothing changes the fact that, he's doing A TERRIBLE THING! He's being reckless, and yes, he is a little stupid. He isn't going to get freedom like that, also, it isn't going to protect his island forever. People would be very scared after the rumbling but, for how long exactly? 10 years? a 100 years? a 1000 years? or maybe.....10,000? But after that, won't everything go to normal? Won't the government of different parts of the world start being ridiculous again? Won't they start acting all childish and declare wars against paradis or......different countries again? For stopping the HELL all he needs to do is sign a peace treaty and try to change the minds of the people outside the walls, and that won't be quick, but would be gradual. And even before people comes to know, they'll be neutral to the people of paradis.
Jun 24, 2023 12:03 AM

Feb 2022
takashidraylus said:
No, never! You just don't understand.
How you able to find this post after a year?? 

Nov 16, 2023 3:45 AM
Sep 2020
I can't shake off the feeling this was all Ymir's doing.

Ymir's backstory is interrupted by Eren screaming "It ends now! I'll put an end to this world! Lend me your power!" But what happens next, as I see it, changes everything.... "You are no slave! You're no God! You're just a person! You don't need to obey anyone! You can decide for yourself! YOU decide! YOU choose! Will you stay here for eternity or will you end it all?" This, to me, is already a hint that nothing is quite simple as it seems. But it's when Eren asks "Are you the one who guided me here?" that locks it for me. Eren wanted to be free, but in reality he was a slave of freedom, a slave of Ymir's freedom, since it was Ymir pulling the strings all along. Since in the Paths there's no future or past and time basically stops, Ymir picked someone who wanted to be free and had the drive to fight (even though knowing they would loose) and led them to her. This person gave her her power back and with it she made all this mess and acted just like a person, didnt obey anyone, decided for herself and chose to end it all. Hence the titles "To you, 2000y ago" and "From you, 2000y ago". This is where it all connects and when Ymir starts to mess with little Eren's head, she is the original founder titan after all! And that's why we see Eren become lifeless in the Marley arc and why he later tells Armin that the rumbling has already been determined and he can't do anything about it. Because he's not really the one in charge. Even his last Titan form is being pulled by strings. Now go back and rewatch carefully every Eren's dream, his wake up moments and what he was saying while not quite sounding himself and remember Ymir's expression when we finally get to see her eyes. Once again we are reminded we are completely powerless in the course of events even if we have good intentions and conflicts will always arise without right or wrong sides to it. Disheartning in the least....
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.