Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Nov 29, 2015 11:57 PM

Nov 2015
Loved it!
Nov 30, 2015 6:29 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode. ๐Ÿ‘ Todays episode started me enjoying Angle Beats more. I like the Dead Girl Monster Band . ๐Ÿ˜‰ Did she really left the Afterlife world? Not understood the ending.....
Tonmoy_Sharma63Nov 30, 2015 7:30 AM
Dec 1, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
tenchi is leveling up

Dec 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Dec 2013
I was beginning to like this series. Getting more interesting. The concert was really great and I would like to listen to the band's songs more! That Christ kid was really funny tho. But at least they were able to reach Tenchi's computer. The story of Iwasa was sad as well as Yuri's.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Apr 14, 2016 6:16 AM

Mar 2016
This was the best episode so far.
Apr 23, 2016 10:00 PM
Mar 2016
I wanna just be honest, was it nust me, or did this episode just ruin your day?
I am new to the anime community, please feel free to suggest any anime for me to watch and review. List is currently in my Bio.

Currently watching: Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex

"Some people get kicks, stomping on a dream. But I don't let it, let it get me down, 'cause this fine o'l world keeps spinning around." -That's Life, Frank Sinatra
Jul 3, 2016 1:26 PM

May 2016
Well thread is old but i still can comment^^ I start to watch this anime today but i stopped watching it because of this episode. Did she really vanished? I mean she is gone?! Damn.. And i really liked her :(
Jul 5, 2016 11:12 AM
Mar 2016
I don't know if anyone noticed but when Otonashi was thinking what Tenshi's domain is like the blurred images of it were Laputa and other one Howl's castle ๐Ÿ˜‚ I realised it the third time rewatching the series. I watched both movies like a month ago and I'm glad I did. I just lmao when I realiesed it๐Ÿ˜‚
Aug 28, 2016 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, another great episode.
Love the songs in this anime, they's awesome. Liked Alchemy! Alchemy! a lot *.*
Plot is becoming clearer now, that's interesting.
Looking forward to the next episode, hope it is as beautiful as this one XD
Sep 24, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
I think this might end up being my biggest beef with this series. It wants to tug at my heartstrings way too early. (Yuri's flashback last episode, and now Iwasawa's flashback and departure.)

Why couldn't they just let me enjoy the comedy for the first couple of episodes, get attached to the characters and then proceed with the sad stuff?
Sep 28, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
I love the fact there's a feel to this anime, and it makes me wonder what REALLY is going on in this world. There's so many unexplained twists and turns... it makes me question what's coming up next.

Either way, the flashbacks here never fail to make me cry ;-;

I just want to hug them all, and wrap them up in a blanket and put them on a high shelf where nobody can touch them. (:
I guess you really are a part of my heart now
Nov 20, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2014
I think the anime is not as "sad" as people claim, i think the place where they live is fun enough, they do adventure and they have friends, plus they dont lose anything by dying.
It seems to me that the sad theme is just forced going by the first three episodes.
Still a fine episode.
Jan 19, 2017 12:55 PM

May 2016
good episode I guess.
Apr 20, 2017 12:14 AM

Aug 2007
I feel like this would be Haibane Renmei if it was rushed. Haibane Renmei is one of my absolute favorite, so the idea behind Angel Beats is very intriguing. I'm going to guess characters are going to disappear one by one... But will I have time to get attached to any of them is the question?

I guess I'll have to watch more to find out!

Jul 5, 2017 4:40 AM

Apr 2017
I've never had a character that I connected with so much in just one episode of development
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Aug 9, 2017 5:55 PM

Jul 2017
I still dont get how she disappeared? like why?
Aug 9, 2017 7:10 PM

Aug 2017
brendennp1 said:
I still dont get how she disappeared? like why?

If you just started the anime, you'll learn more about how the afterlife world works and why people disappear later on. Just keep watching!
Aug 10, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2017
ah alright thank you; just watched episode 4 which covered the baseball game it was funny aha xD
Aug 16, 2017 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, that's a really heavy episode. A fighting parents and then got head trauma to death. Only to disappear at the end of the episode.... somehow this seems like the "death" flag of this anime, except you disappear instead of dying.

Sep 10, 2017 11:44 AM
Mar 2016
what tf is going on
Sep 28, 2017 5:30 AM

Sep 2013
NOOOO...Guitar-Chan is gone??? I liked her! Plus....ain't nobody gonna ever call that kid Christ!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 10, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2012
TK: get chance and luck!

I see a certain castle in the sky and moving castle.

Will we see more of Iwasawa?
Fortress_MaximusOct 13, 2017 10:15 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 30, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
I'm so emotional that Iwasawa made me cry. I loved it.. And her story too.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Jan 14, 2018 11:46 AM
Apr 2017
The new song was pretty amazing, and it seems like if they reach their life goals, they'll be obliterated, like some sort of ghosts

PS: This is just a theory, i don't know if it really works like that
Feb 2, 2018 3:50 PM
Jun 2017
So was it just the PCP or did the guitar actually eat that chick?
Feb 12, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
So far, this anime has been a comedy that doesn't work that well mixed with backstories designed to be heart-wrenching (which actually is working countrer-productively).
Is this really worth over 8?
Feb 18, 2018 1:02 PM
Dec 2017
Masami is gone.. where she could go ?? haver or back to earth with another life?? this is really mysterious !!! dammmmn she is gone... i fall in love with her #Masami
Mar 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
Such good songs! The concert was vibrant and well... Sad, since Iwasawa has been obliterated/disappeared. Her backstory is almost as sad as Yuri's, but it's more impactful since Yuri never told Otonashi how her life come to an end...

On the other hand, if they know how to. They could potentially create their own skills!
Apr 14, 2018 3:48 PM

Jun 2017
I can already see how the rest of the show is going the be.
May 8, 2018 7:38 AM

Mar 2017
I put this show off for so long, I really couldn't get into Angel Beats for the first two episodes... but this is the first one I really liked! I am glad I gave it a third chance, because I really liked the way they handled the drama in this episode. I also a big sucker for insert songs and they were really well done.

I think this show might not be so bad after all. I am curious to see where this all goes and I am pretty sure there will be more feels in store for me. I also really liked the animation this episode.
Aug 30, 2018 1:17 PM
Nov 2015
Iwasawa-san was very amazing ;w;
Oct 27, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2018
That concert must be one of the best animated I have ever seen.

I'm starting to like the opening more and more (mainly because of LIA)
Jan 3, 2019 6:34 PM

Jun 2015
oh man i liked her, first to go though. i see, one by one they disappear once they've filled their ambitions or dreams, right?
Jan 31, 2019 11:24 AM
Apr 2016
Oh, ok, got it! People that died without fulfilling their goals get sent here, to fulfill their goals and then disappear (?) I'm guessing that's how it is.
Sep 1, 2019 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
The concert was simply amazing! :) Audio and visuals were definitely high quality.

Too bad Iwazawa was erased, although I felt something might happen after she makes a concert out of pure fun and will to play the guitar and sing. Not because of mission. Her backstory proved she wanted to do one thing, and well... it appears this one thing was enough for her to accept being erased from the afterlife in peace.

The guy who was hacking was hilarious when he never forgot to remind how he wants to be called. xD
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Feb 4, 2020 1:54 AM

Feb 2019
Yeah, this episode wasn't as good as the first two.

Low quality voices over music just doesn't sound right.

Also, how did they instantly know where that guitar girl had gone? Poor story choice. It would have been much better if they didn't k ow and needed to start an investigation.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 5, 2020 9:40 AM
Jan 2020
iwasawa's story was so powerful to me and something i could really relate to. i love the way this episode displayed the true power of music. the concert sequence was amazing. this show was a little difficult for me to get into at first, but now im getting interested
Mar 22, 2020 9:45 PM

Sep 2018
Iwasawa is so cool!! Her backstory is sad though ๐Ÿ˜ž
Mar 25, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2014
Rip. I actually liked the band
Apr 26, 2020 11:46 AM
Sep 2018
A pretty good episode, Angel is pretty mysterious I liked it
Jun 12, 2020 5:45 PM

May 2015
Episode 3????? She disappears now??? I thought that was something that happened during the second half of the series. I didnt know people started disappearing this quickly. Then again the last time I re-watched Angel Beats was 2016.

Good to see more best girl Kanade being as intimidating as ever. She's such an angel, oh wait XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2020 3:33 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So my thoughts for this episode:

1. This Guy who wanted to be named christ ... wtf boy oO

2. Sad background story of Iwasawa ... And she just ... vanished? What happened there? I mean yes she had to "agree" but ... what, where, when ... huh? :o

3. So the Angel isn't a real angel? Another dead girl that just "put" herself in this position maybe? But why? How?

Like is this some sort of Limbo where they have to "understand/accomplish" some stuff before letting go? I am confused but also intrigued for the next episodes!

Nov 1, 2020 5:20 AM

Jan 2017
I was wondering why they're dedicating so much time for the concert until Iwasawa dissapeared, damn the execution of that scene is great
Dec 8, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2018
Where did she go what the heck?
Jan 1, 2021 1:29 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can see why I didn't like this, I still don't but I have a better grasp on what's going on now.
Jan 9, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2017
Iwasawa was really interesting despite her character started and ended in the same episode. I wonder why she disappeared.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 15, 2021 11:59 AM
Mar 2020
What a beautiful episode, Iwasawa's backstory was touching, and her ending was beautiful.

I didn't know I could feel so touched by a character that just came and gone, but it happened
Mar 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2020
I'm so disappointed by the way this was directed...
I relate with Iwasawa a lot, like a LOT. I was hoping that her backstory would make me feel emotional, but it didn't..
The way it was presented was so shallow, it felt so empty and plain.

I guess my hunt for finding the perfect backstory still continues.

--the songs weren't something I personally enjoyed listening to, I just couldn't like them--
Mar 12, 2021 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
Now that was a genuinely good episode. Focusing on a singular character like this rather than juggling all of them at the same time was much better, even if one episode is hardly enough to build any long term attraction.

Iwasawa's backstory was nicely directed, loved how they showed keep on playing with all the subtle gradual changes to her appearance over time. Her end was bittersweet but satisfying. "She accepted it" seem like a pretty vague explanation for why she disappeared though. Accepted what? Her death in her previous life? Her moving people's hearts in this pseudo after life as a suitable alternative to reaching her dream?

Angel's role in the whole thing makes it look like she's actually something like a guide for the SSS, silently watching them all find their own peace in some way. No idea why she's so passive, however.

As expected they seem to have assumed a whole lot with no actual evidence, though I'm surprised Yuri actually didn't know her origin either. All this does is make me question how exactly this rivalry between, them if you could even call it that, began considering how little they seem to actually know about her.
Jun 15, 2021 6:21 PM

Jul 2019
Ok so I am back from stupid hiatus are stupid. In any case, I quite liked this new set-up for a new diversion Iwasawa had to make. She is p good at guitars.

With the entrance of Takeyama I have always wanted to hear how many digits of pi he said, but I can't hear it because of other character voices and his quietness, I think it was something along the lines of something as small as 3.14159265358979323846264 to something as long as 3.14159265358979323846264338327. Anyways that Ghibli reference was good too lol, I need to watch Castle in the Sky myself. Also Takeyama, Otonashi and TK

Otonashi now fitting in and feeling part of the team. Then his Key Coffee break made for an interesting meet up with Yui who is probably a scary realistic presentation of super fans. Also with the Key Coffee scene, I wondered a little bit and thought of the Bolvic bottles from France, maybe it is part of the school already when it first came, but it makes you wonder how the school would consistently work in such a way with imports unless it just respawned in lol.
https://i.imgur.com/eIrefck.png

Otonashi and Iwasawa talk wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be even with rewatching it lol. What I really like about it was the way people relate to things, despite the somewhat dramatic background Iwasawa has that relation to Sad Machine hits people every time, I wouldn't be surprised if someone lived a very similar life to her. What killed it was the lazy way to write it off, not that she had a cerebellar stroke, but that is a way to "end her" which is ambiguous in itself. Always with AB, *sigh*.

>It's like I'm the bad guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

These bruhs just infiltrated Angel's room and then decided to threaten Otonashi, generally wonder if the SSS is ok in the head. But hey, it is a strange world. Of course, they leave with nothing tho, dunno what they were expecting honestly. Should have used Macrohard smh.

Also, when Angel was leaving the hall, she was wearing no shoes, didn't even notice before.
https://i.imgur.com/C2FeCIz.png

Well, there goes Iwasawa, honestly, she wasn't used in such a good way, which is a shame lol. I tried to decipher the lyrics, but kinda just couldn't. I think it was shit about dates and stuff with Alchemy and being true in My Song. I think this is LiSA first insert songs too if I am not wrong.

Anyways, wraps up with more theories of if God is real here. But we understand the obliteration process in this anime now, which makes me wonder, just who did Iwasawa save for her to go? Since she wanted to save someone.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.