Forum Settings
Forums

Is it OK add Macross Frontier Yack Deculture edition?

New
Apr 14, 2010 1:42 PM
Feb 2008
With DVD and Blu-ray there is another version of first episode. It's Yack Deculture edition (32 minutes).

I see only Deculture Edition (27 minutes) on MAL.
shagalollaApr 14, 2010 2:02 PM
Apr 14, 2010 4:28 PM
Sep 2007
From what I read for the most part Yack Deculture is just a combination of the Deculture and TV series version that aired later. TV series version had some scenes that Deculture version didn't and vice versa (no OP in Deculture version for instance). So I would say another entry is unnecessary.
Apr 15, 2010 1:13 PM
Feb 2008
I see. :) Bye!
Nov 26, 2010 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
freedoleen said:
From what I read for the most part Yack Deculture is just a combination of the Deculture and TV series version that aired later. TV series version had some scenes that Deculture version didn't and vice versa (no OP in Deculture version for instance). So I would say another entry is unnecessary.

O'key, and what? Why not? Why can't I just choose exactly the one version I saw?
Also, all the versions have different ED
Nov 29, 2010 5:06 AM
Sep 2007
Newser said:
O'key, and what? Why not? Why can't I just choose exactly the one version I saw?
Also, all the versions have different ED

That's because we generally don't list the director's cut versions of the episodes released on DVD/Bluray. DVD/Bluray releases very, very often contain some additional animation. While tracking them would be cool, to do it properly our current system would have to be changed considerably. Let me give you an example. Let's say we add the Yack Deculture version to the database. Let's say you have seen the Bluray version of Macross Frontier series only, which contains the said, longest version of the first episode. Technically you have seen 25 episodes then. But the series: http://myanimelist.net/anime/3572/Macross_Frontier + Yack Deculture = 26 episodes. Of course, you can add the series to your list as completed @ 24 episodes. That wouldn't look very good on your list though, since it would still look like you have completed the series with 25 episodes (you can test it if you want to see what I mean, for instance add some 26 ep. long series as completed @ 25 ep.).

Rather than adding new entries, people should be able to choose which version of one entry they have seen. I'm afraid it's not something that will be added anytime soon though. And at this point we don't plan to add new entries for episodes that are a few minutes longer on DVD/Bluray. Not because we don't see any merits in that or we don't want to. It would just be a big mess with how the current system is.

P.S. In case you're wondering why do we have a normal Deculture version then - it was released before the TV series aired as a special, so it's different from the Yack Deculture version that was released on Bluray after the TV series.
Nov 29, 2010 8:34 PM

Oct 2009
I see the point and have to agree. But, if not adding director's cut versions' entrys, maybe, there is a point to add some information about their existence as additional info in the themes with standard episodes. I think that this is good idea for now, but if for some reason you think it is bad, than I don't insist.
Anyway thanks for detailed response, because at the first time it wasn't clear to me and I was afraid to get some answer (if any) like "because I sad so", but you explained the case pretty well
Dec 1, 2010 7:57 AM
Sep 2007
I might add some info about the different versions of the first episode in the more info tab. The problem with that is that most of the time no one reads that tab...

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8751 by DarkEmperor69 »»
5 hours ago

» GIRLS’F1ST!!!!GT

GinIonSui - May 25

2 by machy871 »»
8 hours ago

» Flipnote warriors/Ugomemo Senshi

Silverlight41 - Yesterday

1 by St0rmblade »»
Today, 4:06 AM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

711 by Stormy_77 »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

» The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim

NekozillaMaru - Dec 14, 2023

8 by watsym »»
May 27, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.