Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In the Land of Leadale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, as if her hangover isn't enough, Cayna's becoming popular for being the girl whom walked on water: the river-splitter of Felskelio.

Well, the 2nd child Mai-Mai has finally met Cayna after 200 years, which temporarily sends Lonti into a daze. Of course, she would get every chance to introduce Cayna to anyone she sees in the Royal Academy. Remember the High Potion quest? She was the one whom instigated it unknowingly, and showing to the class how to concoct that in breakneck speed is a hilarity.

Ooh, a ghost extermination quest in a colosseum, Cayna knows no fear of which the Cerberus Puppers she summoned brought forth the Young Prince who's been stalking her. Oh well, we'll know his name soon. This quest...which turned out to be more than meets the eye: the Guardian's Ring which she teleports to Skill Master No. 9 Kyotaro's guardian tower...looks like we have another of Cayna's situation, but only that instead of the OG game's 13 Masters (12 after Cayna left), she was the only one that's left when the Leadale game server shut down.

HAHA the 1st Son Head Priest Skargo being a Mommy's Boy, what the hell!? Acting more like a suitor than a child, he's too outlandish of his overly concerns running through the city. Well, shut his concerns down, that's how to do it overtly.

Of the 3 episodes, this is the most enjoyable.
Jan 19, 2022 6:33 AM
Jul 2018
KANLen09 said:
Welp, as if her hangover isn't enough, Cayna's becoming popular for being the girl whom walked on water: the river-splitter of Felskelio.

Well, the 2nd child Mai-Mai has finally met Cayna after 200 years, which temporarily sends Lonti into a daze. Of course, she would get every chance to introduce Cayna to anyone she sees in the Royal Academy. Remember the High Potion quest? She was the one whom instigated it unknowingly, and showing to the class how to concoct that in breakneck speed is a hilarity.

Ooh, a ghost extermination quest in a colosseum, Cayna knows no fear of which the Cerberus Puppers she summoned brought forth the Young Prince who's been stalking her. Oh well, we'll know his name soon. This quest...which turned out to be more than meets the eye: the Guardian's Ring which she teleports to Skill Master No. 9 Kyotaro's guardian tower...looks like we have another of Cayna's situation, but only that instead of the OG game's 13 Masters (12 after Cayna left), she was the only one that's left when the Leadale game server shut down.

HAHA the 1st Son Head Priest Skargo being a Mommy's Boy, what the hell!? Acting more like a suitor than a child, he's too outlandish of his overly concerns running through the city. Well, shut his concerns down, that's how to do it overtly.

Of the 3 episodes, this is the most enjoyable.
They only behave that way towards Cayna. Even the knights ek have been with Mai Mai for decades are shocked at the change in her personality. She was a court mage before. She's usually the serious professional type. Cayna tries to fix this though because it's a hassle for her. Before anyone gets any idea Primo is a minor character. Volume 2 is where many of the major characters show up.
removed-userJan 19, 2022 6:37 AM
Jan 19, 2022 6:47 AM

Feb 2020
Nice episode.

That drooling Cerberus was hilarious. x3

Mai-Mai is such an airhead, haha.
Jan 19, 2022 7:14 AM
Nov 2021
The comedy in mai - mai part is kind of a miss for me, but other than that ominous end, I find this episode fun.

This is an isekai where it doesn't take itself seriously, which most people agree what an isekai should do in this current isekai overflow period.
Jan 19, 2022 7:37 AM

Nov 2017
That Cerberus was the least intimating version I've seen since a shirt I saw at Hot Topic lol.

Also, I don't know why, but I found it bloody hilarious when Mai-Mai's men tossed Skargo into a coffin
Jan 19, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
That was a fun episode until now
Jan 19, 2022 7:50 AM

Feb 2019
Never expected to hear a mother go "nya" in surprise (the cat mother)

When Skargo ran to his mother's roo, I laughed at her powerful uppercut seemingly killing him. Mai-Mai did seem way too prepared for his "death" though.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jan 19, 2022 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty vanilla episode again with Cayna getting to meet Mai-Mai whose voice legit sounds so intentionally bad that the voice actress sounded like she was playing a hentai role instead at the Academy. Skargo at the end too was a massive mother's boy to say the least, these two are definitely an eccentric bunch of kids unlike their more subdued mother in comparison. The quest itself at the colosseum was boring as hell, rather than enjoyable. I really don't know what to make of the existence of this series 3 episodes in. It's not the worst show of this season but it just... exists so far as a bland, inoffensive series. At least the slow life anime last season had a more romance-focused element to it and that wasn't an isekai unlike this one. This shouldn't need any isekai elements from what I've seen of this so far.
Jan 19, 2022 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Just confirmed me suspicion and Mr dissappointmy is immense, 4 episode per volume they are covering only 3 Volume. Shame they aren't covering Volume 4. Can't wait for Mira going to the academy story. Her boobs really are bigger in the Anime. She is supposed to be slender in the light nivel because of the accident and hospital. Mai Mai is like that because of it. She wanted to create her based on herself. Harvey family is the Lord of the

She was really in depression after that arena revelation and then a strange man barges into her room spouting nonense. That's why she reacted like that. Skipped content, minor ones.

removed-userJan 19, 2022 4:44 PM
Jan 19, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2021
Another great episode.

Mai-Mai was funny. Her boo-boo was cute lol.

Primo geeting soaked in the three-headed dog's saliva was disgusting to watch lmao.

It was pretty sad when Cayna realised that the game's online service was stopped and all other players have left the game and she's the only one stuck in this game now. That's why Cayna is feeling so down and is holed up in her room. But Skargo didn't care lol he just burst right through her room's door to meet her and received an amazing uppercut xD. Skargo is a funny character, it was hilarious to see his tears getting converted into pearls lol.

Also I love the ED so much, just can't get enough of it.

This was a very enjoyable episode. 5/5.

Looking forward to next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 19, 2022 8:38 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Finally Mai-Mai and Skargo meets mama. Been waiting for that moment ever since I heard of this adaption. Despite that she was more clingy in the light novels, this was a very good moment.
Surprisingly good adaption these three episodes have now been.
AzuchiJan 19, 2022 8:46 AM
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 19, 2022 9:42 AM
Sep 2018
28 votes so far, and no one has selected 3. grin
Guess no one has the sentiment of "Oi, it's just an episode, ya know?"

So far I haven't found anything to complain about concerning this as an anime or an adaptation.
Then again, for someone hanging out at MAL I'm a pretty laidback guy it seems.
Anyway, nothing has jumped out at me screaming, "Hey! Why [did/didn't] they include this from the LN!" and at the same time I'm not recalling anything where I was going, "Hey! That's new!" even though there has to be new stuff to make it flow properly with so much stuff glossed over. In short, it works.

The animation style works.
The soundtrack seems fitting.
The VAs all seem appropriate.
The story seems to move along smoothly.

It's a pleasant, enjoyable romp.
Nothing earthshattering about it at all, really.

It is a nice addition to the "transferred into a world like the game I used to play" genre, within which it falls into the "No, it really is connected to that game somehow?!" end of the spectrum.

And... I haven't said anything in specific about this episode, have I?
Hmm.
Actually, was the coffin new? It might not be, because it does fit in regard to this being a semi-camp work in the source, but it might be new. Either way, it was most splendidly done.
I enjoyed the section with Primo; he's not a bad kid, and if he becomes just a tad less tsun he shows signs of being one of the Good Ones.
Jan 19, 2022 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
Not bad per se but still first drop of the season.

I'll be surprised if it's still rated higher than Saihate no Paladin when it ends.
Jan 19, 2022 9:47 AM
Sep 2015
I can only wish the happy ending awaiting for Cayna. She needs friends from her real world. In fact, I hope she's alive somehow.
Jan 19, 2022 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
Waking up all the guardians of the land sounds like a cool mission. Cayna should definitely take on that self-made quest. Also looking forward to more Skargo in the next episode.
Jan 19, 2022 10:41 AM
Feb 2018
Love the episode the reunion with her daugther was hilarious especially lonti reaction. Primo ran off again someone need to keep an eye on him. The scene with the guardian was really sad
Jan 19, 2022 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
This is really a fascinating and heart warming episode. Skargo getting an uppercut reunion was a thrill to see.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 19, 2022 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Cayna's children are hilarious. Her Cerberus is cute.

And the brat gets caught again.

Also the anime now is past the translated manga.
Jan 19, 2022 11:17 AM
Dec 2014
I guess it's for comedy effects, but if Cayna keep taking her children's love for granted like this, maybe they will love her less in return.
Jan 19, 2022 11:36 AM

Jun 2021
I love Cayna so much, this anime is enjoyable guys.

For me 8/10 :)
Jan 19, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2010
The end of the tower felt for me like I was missing some pieces, only the explanation that she is depressed after the tower revelation made it clear to me what was going on. I hope they don't miss too much by rushing, otherwise it was another fun episode.
Jan 19, 2022 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
This show has it's moments, but I'm still on the fence.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 19, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Mai Mai was very happy to see her mother again! And she also has a husband who she introduced to Cayna. It also seems that Primo was spying on Cayna and he was protected/kept watch of by Cerberus who was really cute xD. And the Leadale Cayna is in isn't Leadale in the future, but after all the players who left the game and the servers were shut down! The rain even managed to avoid Lord Skargo as it acknowledged his desire to see his mother lol. He got to see Cayna again though! Who was kind of creeped out by him xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 19, 2022 1:52 PM
Dec 2009
Even tho i enjoyed the episode very much, it laks any depth in the story for now and its 3rd episode.If it had 24 episodes whould be still time but for now i have no idea if theres even a buildup to a story/plot. For now its kinda weird. For example the shoalow jokes and lack of purpose but reminder that everyone she knew, including her self is dead and she seems not interested to bond with anyone in this world. Somthing like emotionales doll.
Jan 19, 2022 2:01 PM
Apr 2014
Amongst the bland shows airing this season, this episode was enjoyable and gave me quite a lot of giggles. That's enough for me to raise the show from a 7 to an 8. Looking forward to more shenanigans that Cayna involves in.
Jan 19, 2022 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Mai Mai was just how I expected her to be, calm and collected without her mother near her, but when Cayna is there.. she is one hell of a mother-loving-airhead XD

Cayna has realised what has possibly happened to Leadale. Her cerberus puppy is cute!!

The Skargo scene, where he gets uppercut by Cayna, got stuck in the ceiling, got pulled out and carried away in a coffin is by far the best scene so far in these 3 episodes.
Jan 19, 2022 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Cayna literally is linked to every character features lol, had a little explanation about this world, it didn't have nothing in most, episode itself was also cool.
Jan 19, 2022 3:34 PM

Aug 2020
She met all of her children. Good quests for today

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 19, 2022 3:58 PM

Jul 2015
It's nice to hear Jotaro actually respecting his mother for once.

Jan 19, 2022 4:34 PM
May 2021
Okay she's a celebrity now, has gotten into contact with all her kids took up a ghost hunt job and learned of the other 12 towers and their masters leaving, essentially now she's on her own. Typical isekai stuff.

Cerberus though, 1 sleepy head, 1 normal and 1 that's obviously damaged...

Sigh. I wonder how her other summons in the future are going to appear *shrugs*.
Jan 19, 2022 4:46 PM

May 2015
I hope she dotes on her kids more in the future. I love the fact the kids absolutely adore her. Its cute.

Seeing everyone's reactions every time they reveal she's the mother of them is funny as well.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 19, 2022 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
This anime is perfectly average in pretty much every way. Art style, character design, dialogue, story, pacing, world building, audio design, music, magic mechanics, you name it. I don’t usually expect much from these kinds of generic isekai anime but there’s usually at least some direction with the story that keeps it going fairly well and keeps me entertained. This one feels all over the place and nowhere simultaneously. I’m hoping it starts picking up now that her goal is clearly outlined and has made a discovery regarding it that could potentially train in the direction for the story. But we’ll see.
Jan 19, 2022 7:48 PM
Jan 2022
IKKIsama said:
Not bad per se but still first drop of the season.

I'll be surprised if it's still rated higher than Saihate no Paladin when it ends.
Paladin's first 3 eps was boring as hell, at least this show have enganging 3 episodes so far. Also it doesn't use bad CGI for its monsters unlike Paladin. Really sure this would have rated 7,5 or higher on the end of season if it's not degrading in term of story and animation.
Ardi8Jan 19, 2022 7:55 PM
Jan 19, 2022 7:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Pretty good episode, we got to meet Mai-Mai and I didn’t expect her to be so clingy to her mom but I really loved that, same with Skargo at the end of the episode, but sadly Cayna met his devotion with an uppercut lol, I love that he ran through doors to get there too. The bulk of the episode in the colosseum was alright, I didn’t find it that exciting and the ghost wasn’t very interesting either, but I did still enjoy it, and the revelation that all the players are gone was cool. Also Primo dreaming of Lonti was great lol.
Jan 19, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2020
Actually really enjoying this show more than I thought I would be. Extremely generic but its a really fun watch
Jan 19, 2022 9:56 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its nice to see Cayna reunited with Mei-Mei, and Skargo later. I can't help but smile when Mei-Mei husband met with Cayna. Its must be awkward af encountering your parents in law actually far younger than yourself. But looking at Mei-Mei to just brush it off like its normal and usual, now i am in laugh xd. But its sure create more confusion around Cayna and must be bringing her in a bad mood, especially after hearing the news, Leadale world wasn't supposed to be what her thought before, and all the ex tower owner were all gone and left her behind. Well, must be pretty obvious from the start honestly, still Cayna need to got some confirmation, and this episode pretty much clear that things out.

That's end in a sad note, and for Skargo too, must be suck receive that punch. But considering all the circumstances, its understandable. Dunno what Cayna do next, she seems to had a strong objective around. Reviving all the towers under her name and command them all sounds okay, but its sure a hassle. Or make it reveal to public and changed the image of them, so everyone can use every one of that without her needed to preserve it by herself alone. Every possibilities can be made for Cayna on the new world of Leadale.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 19, 2022 10:20 PM

Oct 2017
What a family lol, Skargo and Mai Mai both have quite the personality. Also so Cayna's the only player left eh.
Jan 19, 2022 10:52 PM

Apr 2012
That isolation barrier looks really useful when I don't want to be disturbed.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 20, 2022 1:47 AM

Oct 2007
when the other gamer said "the dream ends" I feel sad. Because it's the fate of all online games, when the server goes down, it's the end. My favorite game Genshin Impact will end someday too.

Cayna give another guardian some mp. And they seem to be glad to have her as the new master. Another relaxing episode.

looking forward to next week. :)
Liddo-kunJan 20, 2022 7:30 AM
Jan 20, 2022 4:15 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, lowkey sad episode with the homies not being online anymore, and well, the whole service being shut down.

All of Cayna's kids are fucking great though lmao, she also has a pet, Cerberwoof. Mai mai being prepared for Skargo's bullshittery is hilarious. I wonder what will cheer up Cayna.
Jan 20, 2022 5:14 AM

Jun 2019
I decided to watch this on a random whim less than a week ago and didn't expect to prefer it so much to She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man as isekai-of-choice of the season...
Jan 20, 2022 6:00 AM

Feb 2021
Skargo's excessively flowery backgrounds were hilarious.

I can imagine it might feel a bit lonely knowing none of the former players are around anymore other than herself. Everyone in the world she's stuck in are NPCs who are now fully sentient. I'm getting more into isekais lately so while this is quite generic from what I've seen it's an easy watch. Not really expecting greatness outta this show though.
Jan 20, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2021
This show is growing on me, not a bad feat considering how pissed off the first episode made me. By bland, generic Isekai standards this has become decently enjoyable; perhaps it’s the MC’s personality that helps: expected an obnoxious, cutesy airhead after that first episode buts she’s rather calm, sly, and not overly goody two shoes.

Still plenty of time for this to nosedive though.
Jan 20, 2022 1:48 PM

Dec 2013
Mai-Mai is super cute and felt pretty bad for Skargo he was just happy to see her, that was pretty unwarranted.
Jan 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
Who though letting the dog dribble that much over the sleeping kid and Cayna not reacting at all to it was a good idea?

Not only is it gross... it's also not healthy to sleep in that state -.-

lol
Jan 20, 2022 4:21 PM

Jan 2013
the son really ran the whole town to see his mother just to die via shoryuken 😂😂
Jan 21, 2022 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
I thought I'm gonna give this show a try but at ep 3 I'm convince this is another boring garbage Isekai.... Oh boy I'm in for one hell of a ride
Jan 21, 2022 5:46 PM
Sep 2014
KanameYuuki said:
Mai-Mai is super cute and felt pretty bad for Skargo he was just happy to see her, that was pretty unwarranted.

Yeah I feel that the MC has been a bit unfair towards her children, considering they have not seen her in 200 years. From their perspective, she vanished without a trace and hasn't even contacted any of them for centuries. Of course, they would miss her, and it's not strange that they are clingy. Some in their position might even be upset, but they are understanding of their mother and just want to spend time with her.
Jan 22, 2022 1:18 AM

Jun 2019
aenews said:
Yeah I feel that the MC has been a bit unfair towards her children, considering they have not seen her in 200 years. From their perspective, she vanished without a trace and hasn't even contacted any of them for centuries. Of course, they would miss her, and it's not strange that they are clingy. Some in their position might even be upset, but they are understanding of their mother and just want to spend time with her.

I agree, but I feel it's because she still views and treats everyone and everything in the world of Leadale as just a video game character or object - basically like inanimate objects and just part of the game.
Jan 22, 2022 3:13 AM

Nov 2021
LMAO this episode is so fun, so are the previous eps. I hope this anime continues this way, fun!
And the son!! lmaoooooo
neeJayJan 22, 2022 3:37 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 23, 2022

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Apr 26, 8:56 AM

» I guess no season 2?

MrNaoB - Apr 16

6 by Miyu_03 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

» No romance then?

rishamr - Mar 27

8 by rishamr »»
Mar 28, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

60 by amf85 »»
Mar 10, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Leadale no Daichi nite Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2022

24 by basskiller »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.