Forum Settings
Forums
Peach Girl NEXT
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2021 4:00 PM

May 2010
Not gonna lie, during the last two volumes or so, I was slowly getting convinced that author had a change of heart and decided Touji and Momo were meant to end up together after all these years... but guess not. I really dislike the treatmant Kairi got in this sequel - he plays pretty much secondary role in the second half of the story, can't decide what to do with Momo, doesn't chase her anymore, nothing... Kairi I remember from the original series was a man of action!

Nevertheless, I do enjoy how this love triangle got resolved, their feelings were all real, just not in the right timing. Besides, Touji just recently reconnected with his daughter, he didn't need to look for a new wife right away. And gosh I'm glad he didn't end up with Sae...... that would have seriously been the worst lol.

It certainly is a silly shoujo series, but some themes were interesting. I especially enjoyed reading about problems Kairi and Momo were facing in their long term relationship, and struggles of a single father, widower. I could imagine worse sequel for Peach Girl (I already got it from terrible Sae's Story anyway lol). 6.5/10
Jan 16, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2021
This sequel was a real mess and a lot of things didn’t make any sense at all
It was if the series repeated itself exactly after 10 years
They should’ve made the sequel way better especially that it was 52 whole chapters more than the original one itself!!
Jul 20, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2010
I agree with people who say this sequel was unnecessary and repetitive. There's no fucking way the various main characters can still fall for Sae's tricks so easily! Sure, she's crazy and obsessive, but why do people even listen to her at this point ?! The only things I liked was seeing Momo doing her job, it's something cool that fits her character and her passion for swimming, and how Toji struggled with the death of his wife/him becoming a single father. I also enjoyed how this manga portrayed the "ugly" side of taking care of a relative with dementia, even though it wasn't the main focus. Everything else was very irritating, though: Sae is the usual psycho (and we're supposed to feel sorry for her after she tried to cause a serious injury to Toji to keep him at her side? Please! Without mentioning all the shit she did in the first series), Toji is still naive (/stupid), Kairi still prioritizes his first love over his qctual fiancé, nobody communicates properly...

At the end I was hoping the author would reconsider and change the endgame couple at least, but nope. Momo and Kairi are still together even though he's an awful boyfriend and she should have just dated Toji in the first place (his flaw is being painfully gullible, sadly). Overall it was a very annoying experience, I was midly amused with the story but the drama is forced as hell.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peach Girl Next Chapter 35 Discussion

Stripes - Sep 25, 2018

1 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Next Chapter 6 Discussion

Stripes - Mar 18, 2018

1 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 20, 2021 1:28 PM

Poll: » Peach Girl Next Chapter 37 Discussion

Stripes - Sep 25, 2018

4 by Miss_addicted »»
Feb 12, 2021 11:33 AM

Poll: » Peach Girl Next Chapter 4 Discussion

Stripes - Mar 18, 2018

3 by Kidd_Vicious »»
Feb 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Poll: » Peach Girl Next Chapter 36 Discussion

Stripes - Sep 25, 2018

0 by Stripes »»
Sep 25, 2018 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.