Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 19, 2021 5:48 AM

Apr 2018
Irina must be protected at all cost.
Oct 19, 2021 11:14 AM

Sep 2020
theGodde said:
I can't help but feel this show is lightweight. Lacking a strong complex narrative or good pacing. The tone also feels incredibly bland and sometimes even inconsistent. There is no cold war paranoia here. There is no sense that a careless word could be your last.
Why set it in Soviet Russia if you're barely going to make creative use of the setting outside of aesthetic?

Irina is a dead vampire walking, Lev is a demoted cosmonaut still able to hand around the base only because he was chosen as Irina's caretaker and literally every single other character is either part of the Russian intelligentsia or a cog in the machine.
The characters are so deeply submerged in the system they have no reason to be paranoid or careful about their words and deeds.
Oct 19, 2021 12:46 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Good episode, the flight scene was nice and we got some little more insight on her life.

smoochie smoochie

Oct 19, 2021 4:01 PM
Apr 2021
Avvenirista said:
theGodde said:
I can't help but feel this show is lightweight. Lacking a strong complex narrative or good pacing. The tone also feels incredibly bland and sometimes even inconsistent. There is no cold war paranoia here. There is no sense that a careless word could be your last.
Why set it in Soviet Russia if you're barely going to make creative use of the setting outside of aesthetic?

Irina is a dead vampire walking, Lev is a demoted cosmonaut still able to hand around the base only because he was chosen as Irina's caretaker and literally every single other character is either part of the Russian intelligentsia or a cog in the machine.
The characters are so deeply submerged in the system they have no reason to be paranoid or careful about their words and deeds.
There are plenty of ways to make Lev more dispensable, or at the very least, have the side characters around him be at some degree of risk.
Oct 19, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2020
theGodde said:
Avvenirista said:

There are plenty of ways to make Lev more dispensable, or at the very least, have the side characters around him be at some degree of risk.

Irina is in plenty of danger already so there's that.
Only three episodes have aired so there's plenty of time to introduce other characters in precarious situations.
Oct 19, 2021 10:26 PM
Apr 2021
Avvenirista said:
theGodde said:

Only three episodes have aired so there's plenty of time to introduce other characters in precarious situations.
I'll see you in the next episode for most likely the exact same response
Oct 20, 2021 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
when they say don't get too close or not fall in love its the other way around!!
let's see how this unfolds!
4/5.

Oct 20, 2021 11:33 AM

Sep 2020
theGodde said:
Avvenirista said:

I'll see you in the next episode for most likely the exact same response

Sure, but you're one that has issues with the lack of thrilling Soviet moments, not me, and I even explained why Lev's and Irina's circle don't have the problems that you think they should have.
Oct 23, 2021 7:31 PM

Apr 2015
The 'villains' are far too shallow. They're acting anime villain for the sake of it.

To be honest I'm close to being done with this. It isn't the worst but again I would have liked this much more if the setting was more fictional.
Oct 24, 2021 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
Those other candidates are piece of filth. Not that everyone else is any better either. They even wanna kill her when her use is over.

Good thing Irina's slowly getting better at handling height related trainings. The flying part was quite beautiful.
Oct 25, 2021 5:50 AM
Mar 2012
Acrophobia for astronaut, that's quite tough to overcome.
Airplane & skydive parts were great.
Showed how this gov runs. Committee dude ask execution/purge make no sense, at least give a reason. Training flight crew & tech/icbm all takes lots of time & cost. Any nation would want to maximize the usage of skilled crew.
Oct 28, 2021 2:33 PM

Nov 2019
I feel really sorry for Yuri Gagarin, Neil Amstrong and other pioneers into the space. This anime sucks.

Now I have to watch Ryan Gosling flying to the Moon to learn of an astronaut'a experience, or Rocket Man to know how to staying alive in space for 8 months.
SgtBateManOct 28, 2021 2:41 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Feb 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
Being able to cover up an incident that costed 500 people's lives is quite scary especially knowing authorities have done similar things in real life. Kinda hope Irina and Lev get to live at the end of this 'first human missile' stuff.

May 16, 2022 7:14 PM

Mar 2013
Each episode are really cute and wonderful to watch.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 30, 2022 7:30 AM

Feb 2019
Her fear of height is gradually getting better.

Ussr and its political infighting, those leaders aren't humans but greedy psychopaths.

Irina pushes herself really hard in the training. It looks like her family agrees to let the ussr take her as test subject.

The mc guy is a good person among the worst humans.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Sep 27, 2023 3:09 AM

Dec 2022
Scenic plane flight scene that did Irina's fear of heights some good. Feels like it will be a memorable moment in hindsight.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 20, 2023 9:45 PM
Aug 2022
god i hope theres a mig
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

57 by Y0AAT21 »»
Jan 10, 11:09 AM

» A perspective from Soviet Union

Flank27 - Nov 21, 2023

14 by Flank27 »»
Dec 24, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koshi_Inaba - Dec 18, 2021

112 by TheBiggestAm »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:56 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hesmiyu - Oct 3, 2021

115 by Y0AAT21 »»
Nov 24, 2023 11:33 PM

Poll: » Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

42 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 27, 2023 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.