Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2010 6:32 AM

Dec 2009
What the f*ck?! WHY was Hami together with Volken in her last minutes and not with Matt? I can't belive it. It could be 10/10, but now I/m going to give 9/10.
Dec 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
I really liked the series but the last arc just lacked something which I can't quite put my finger on. Anyhow, it was a really good series. Great stuff.
Dec 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
I really liked the series but the last arc just lacked something which I can't quite put my finger on. Anyhow, it was a really good series. Great stuff.
Mar 28, 2011 4:27 PM

Oct 2008
Vizac's reaction was priceless. xD

The only gripe I had about the ending was the last 5 minutes where Matt and Mirepoc were talking. If they hadn't shown the photos on the wall, everything would be fine. EVERYTHING!!! >XO

I want Mirepoc and Volken together!!

May 7, 2011 12:08 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
6/10 overall series -.- Kinda confusing story.. anything else is good.. just story confusing
Jul 24, 2011 4:41 PM

Dec 2008
Guys can someone tell me who Mirepoc married?
Aug 17, 2011 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
Love the ending! 10/10
waaa! Irie, FTW! :DDD

ahh~ i really love hamyuts metusa.. until the end, her, being cool, never fail me.. kyaaaaa! :DD

though, i would like matt and hamy to see each other in the end, but anyway.. all's well. :)
Oct 12, 2011 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
RUBBISH! (4/10)
Mar 12, 2012 11:33 PM
Apr 2011
noteDhero said:
3/10

I've never seen so much deus ex in one episode of a show in my life. To top it off, that's how every arc ended in the first place. The show couldn't tell a story to save it's life, and I can't believe it's getting the scores it had.

I totally agree. I was thinking this show was like a 8or9 out of 10 depending on how the characters were all going to end up and how the show resolved. That was about 2/3 done of the series....then the last episodes happened and now Im dissapointed...

Amphetamine said:
And I was greatly disappointed about Mirepoc. I know she had to move on, but I was hoping she would reunite with Volken one day. They were, like, my favorite couple of the series. I was disappointed she married someone else, but I'll get over it eventually.

I agree with you there. Mirepoc and Volken were my favorite characters in the series so needless to say I am very dissapointed at how the show ended.

Shirt said:
The only gripe I had about the ending was the last 5 minutes where Matt and Mirepoc were talking. If they hadn't shown the photos on the wall, everything would be fine. EVERYTHING!!! >XO

I want Mirepoc and Volken together!!

Ugh Im just so dissapointed with how this series ended I feel like I wasted my time getting emotionally invested in these characters just to get kicked in the balls by the writer. I was going to give it a 7/10 until those last 5 minutes which wasted the experience for me so 1/10
Jul 27, 2012 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
I don't quite like how the final arc is.
Aug 18, 2012 8:40 AM

Jan 2012
ending is fine but the cluter-fuck before that just killed it.

still an enjoyable series albeit with lots of hiccups

7/10
Nov 25, 2012 9:00 PM

Jul 2011
Loved when Ireia showed up.

I loved Matt at the ending. He pressed the button. XD
Jan 4, 2013 11:30 AM
Apr 2011
Nice ending.
Wow, Ireia Kitty young version is kawai, and perhaps the strongest one.
and Mirepoch Finder with new hair color is kawai.
Too bad, Mirepoch and Volken cannot be together... T_T

Overall score for this anime is 8,5/10
Jan 27, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2012
It would've been a great show if they wouldn't try to make it so damn deep. I gave it a 9/10 though.
Feb 3, 2013 11:17 PM

Dec 2009
My feelings on Hamyuts:
Episodes 1-25: Yo this woman is bat shit insane and needs to die.
Episode 26: YEAH TAKE THAT.... no wait, stop acting all cool about it. no you're summoning everyone, stop it.
Episode 27: WHY GOD, WHY?! MYYYYY HAMYYYYYYYYYYY!

Anyways, that was a damn good show. Glad I watched it from start to finish in a week or so rather than it was airing or else the story would have lost my interest. Only reason I give this a 9/10 instead of one higher is that every single established relationship one person die and leave the other one hanging, VolkenxMirepoc, HamyutsxMattalast, NolotyxEnlike. I mean let at least one character not live in the "My true love is dead so I live this life alone having only known his/her love" anime purgatory. Hell at that last scene, Mattalast's personality would've at least gone for it. Mirepoc was looking damn good
Mar 24, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2012
Damn impressive ending! Just what I was searching for in this anime! Amazing action great buildup for the final climax and just wonderful but sad ending!
All the characters re-appeared and fought like a real team! Ireia sure has changed! Was already wondering where she didn't reappear at first!

The anime sure has it's lesser good moments but well for me this ending sure makes up for it! Those who dropped it in the middle or so sure are missing out a lot with this epic ending and the buildup that came before it!
A great anime in general, nice animations and art and sure has it's good and bad points!

But in the end I had a great watch! 8/10

I really loved the ending quote: People will continue to laugh, cry, struggle, love, gain and lose, each adding to the unique tale embedded in their soul. And not in Heave or Hell. They live on, within this very world.
RafaelDeJonghMar 24, 2013 8:47 AM
May 22, 2013 11:10 PM

May 2010
I loved this show really love...this shows is connected from beginning to end it is really dark anime but each episode is really nice its full of love and happiness...the last episode is really good, i love the reunion thing and its full of hope :)
Nov 17, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2010
I'm gonna ignore the last 3 episodes :/
..so ignoring that it was quite enjoyable 9/10 :)
Dec 9, 2013 12:23 AM

Jul 2008
Hamyuts is an awesome character, but yeah this story was way too convoluted and I felt that it wrapped up way too nicely. Despite all the character deaths, there were way too many characters that you wound up not caring for most of them when they died, some arcs were pointless and that lead to others not being fleshed out enough like say for Olivia and Volken.

This anime I felt had supreme potential, and but just fell flat at the end.

That said, Hamyuts is still awesome.

5/10
Mar 11, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
Just finished Book of Bantorra,gotta say it was unique,the sole idea of transforming people's memories into books to make a proof of their existence is great,the ending was good,it could've been much better,also i see many people saying about Mirepoc got married (FALSE) a married woman doesn't make that face when someone address her as "my beloved subordinate",also the fact that she appears in that picture with a man doesn't mean she got married.If the author wanted to point that out,in that photo could be a child or at least her in the wedding dress ( as a happy moment inscribed on that wall,since there are many happy moments there),and the fact "I will wait for you,Matt"...
Of course it's about interpretation,so each one of us is free to interpretate his own way :) Anyway it was a nice anime,and i've gotta say the coolest character (in my opinion of course) was Mattalast Balory, 8/10 from me.
pulamidorieMar 11, 2014 3:05 PM
May 5, 2014 4:19 AM
Aug 2012
at the end i dnt understand why she tried to grant her death when in the world outside that dreammrealm she was impaled and allready dead so why fear death when she was there when she allready died in the real wrld so why even fight here in another realm makes no sense jst ignore the ghosts and destory the real wrld forget killing the all ready dead terrible way of ending it but i still enjoyed it wats the point in learning ur not alone after ur dead allready stupid i cant get over the fact the director was dead for last two episodes making her dialog pointless. matt still as kl asever at the end was kl mirepoc lost her purple hair or did she die it.
kingfelix92May 5, 2014 4:24 AM
Mar 8, 2015 8:55 AM
Jun 2013
the battles for this series were pretty dam good and same for the visuals. It also had a interesting world. The thing is the character they wanted me to care for and showed some development to hamy was just unlikeable and uninteresting through the whole entire series and they tried to pull the twist of she was doing everything to save the world and she really loved and watever just didint work the way they did it. the characters I had some interest in ether died or got little to no development aka noloty,mirepoc,volken and even yuri and yuki.

So yea I wouldint call this a bad show but its defiantly a meh one. It also seems mirepoc met some guy,but cant really tell. If I had to score it would be like a 5 or 6
souledge94Mar 8, 2015 9:07 AM
Jun 12, 2015 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
I downloaded this show on a whim, and I'm so glad I did. A bit confusing at the start but it got much better as it went on. Great series 9/10. Loved the soundtrack.
Jul 16, 2015 2:32 AM
Nov 2010
This was an interesting story, albeit a bit messy. I liked some of the character designs despite the not so great animation.
Nov 19, 2015 6:45 PM
Nov 2015
The fact that people think that this show shouldn't be liked for "unlikable characters" and "likeable characters getting killed off" kinda sickens me to know that there are so many simpleminded anime fans. What happened to the times when people enjoyed thinking deeply about the plot rather than seeing what's on the surface? Nowadays all I see are people drooling over moe girls and fanservice that lead to nothing but brainless plots that are forcefully shoved down their throats. The point of the show was to show how gray people are in reality, and that you can't really judge people from what you see on the surface. Plus the plot made perfect sense-the good don't live long, people have to play dirty to survive. The characters were very dynamic, and each had a memorable story of their own. I loved it to perfection-the only thing I regret about this series is that it should have been longer.
Feb 29, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
Very, very bad last 3 episodes.....I really did not care for the bringing back everyone killed off to fight the last fight deal either. Overall, was interesting...but the ending was a complete shame

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 27, 2016 10:55 PM

Feb 2015
DeathfireD said:
Not sure how people can call this Generic when it was pretty unique in it's own way. A Generic ending would have been everyone that died coming back to life and everyone living happily ever after. Sure a happy ending is Generic but that's what 99% of all anime and movies do now a days lol.

yeah it was, it fell it wasn't done that right.
-----
it was pretty nice. i accept the villain want to become good rather than getting defeated in impossible ways. i feel really bad for hamy, she's actually a very broken and confused character that actually isn't cleche in the typical "traumatic past" that so many anime characters have.

also wtheck was matt and 'poc gonna hook up in the future in the end of the show O_o

also, just for a fun fact, remember this song from the show?

well, there's a song that sounds just like it in the hunter x hunter (2011). listen here:

sound familiar? basically, "Prophecy" is an underdeveloped song of meimou, which was done three years later by the same composer! if you listen to the hunter x hunter 2011 OST in general you can see the likeliness.
TomDayApr 28, 2016 4:38 PM
Feb 15, 2017 1:55 AM

Oct 2012
I like this anime, glad I picked it up
It was not perfect but it was good & enjoyable

Kinda wish the ending is full of satisfaction
Like Enlike ended up living with Olivia, having a happy family
Mirepoc and Matt organizing library peacefully
I feel like the characters in this anime just passing through

I don't understand people that giving score very low for this anime
But then again score in MAL means nothing at all
Only popularity affect things
The more popular the higher the score

What enjoyable journey
Thank you DavidPro! Time to make another JoJo? xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 26, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
Such a bizarre show. It was a rocky road that's for sure. There were moments where I was truly captivated and moments where I questioned myself: 'Why am I wasting my time with this.'
How the plot was portrayed/depicted was utterly confusing. I was always guessing how these chapters are connected to one another, and where it was leading to.

To be honest, I felt quite sad after the episode ended, seeing everyone together. :-(
Don't know if I'll ever re watch this, maybe.
And why did Matt push the button?
Aug 3, 2017 12:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Katsu-kun said:
Such a bizarre show. It was a rocky road that's for sure. There were moments where I was truly captivated and moments where I questioned myself: 'Why am I wasting my time with this.'
How the plot was portrayed/depicted was utterly confusing. I was always guessing how these chapters are connected to one another, and where it was leading to. ....

This was exactly how I felt. The premise for this show and some of the characters were really interesting. But they were put together in such a piecemeal and chaotic fashion, that they never amounted to an coherent story. With better writing and directing this show could have been pretty special, but as it is, not so much.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 28, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
The irony that Mirepoch was lying right next to Lascall and did not even realize it.
Mar 3, 2019 6:38 PM
Nov 2016
AlexSadist-sama said:

The tone of the last arc is really out of tune with the rest of the series, and just gets more out of tune as it goes on. Honestly I thought this show was superb up until the end, which is a shame. I found it all so captivating and unique, and it ended with one of the most generic, dull, unambitious endings out there.
May 31, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
Disappointed in that ending. I thought the series was decent until the last 3 episodes just completely ruined it. It was too corny for me. Overall, I enjoyed my time with this series but this end really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Jun 11, 2020 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
I didn't like the end either. It didn't bring the various strings of the story to a proper conclusion. Just bombastic fights and big talk...

The end makes Book of Bantorra what I would call a failed masterpiece.

Dec 21, 2020 7:24 PM

Mar 2016
This anime built up an interesting, though cruel, world. Too bad it devolved into complete nonsense with the last 5 episodes. (I mean it was messy from the beginning, but at least it felt like the madness was leading somewhere).

Hamyuts is shown to be a bloodthirsty and unrepentant killer who is seemingly obsessed with her own death. Yet, none of her awful actions or personality have any real meaning because the story rebuilds itself, and tries to show Hamyuts' character in a different light, in order for there to be an epic battle at the end. Ruruta and the scale of his bullshit are so far removed from the rest of the story and characters, that nothing that came before it ended up mattering all that much. It seems like any number of random events would have brought us to that same spot, so I found it hard to care about what was happening. And the last episode just felt like the series was making fun of itself.

It's a story about people's lives forever etched in stone tablets and a religion's attempt to use perfectly happy lives as a drug, or some shit. So, all of the talk about finding a reason to live even if true happiness is unobtainable , as well as the importance of remembering those that have passed on, should have impact. But none of it does. It feels cheap. In the end, a huge waste of potential.
syncrogazerDec 21, 2020 7:45 PM
May 2, 2021 3:50 PM
Apr 2019
The most prevalent thought while I was watching his was "why am I wasting my time".

Goog premise, terrible execution. Overall very mediocre experience. I am not surprised this series was forgotten and buried as time passed.
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Jul 2009
Finally finish!

Amazing end, but lots of things kinda didn't make sense. Seems we get a taste of Hamy's true power (being able to communicate to everyone)

Irea being young out of nowhere!, I feel bad for Vizak not being young again.

Seeing Volken. Never like him, but it was cool to see him helping Hamy.

And wow, Colio's blade become the people's desire to live. Even if Niiniu hated Ruruta, in the end, she still cared for him.

Hamy finally dying as her happiness comes true. Shame, Matt couldn't be with her in the end.

Seeing Mirepoc with pink hair (from Chacoly), yet when she grew old. It went back to his original blonde hair. I wish they kept the pink hair as a remembrance on what happened.

The Armbed Library has been disbanded, all that's left is Mirepoc and the rest of the team (Kyasariro,Ruweek,Risley,Yuri,Yukizona). Matt on the run.

I guess Enrique is leaving? Shame that Noloty truly died, but it was not in vain at least.

What an amazing original work. The concept of people dying and passing through their books, is such a unique and great concept. We also gotten some amazing fights and the animation still holds up in 2021!

I give it 9/10!!! I watched because of Hamy, and still stayed because of Hamy :)

Wish we get more works like this someday!

I already started rewatching Ergo Proxy (Just finished Episode 2). So lots more good stuff!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 15 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 8, 2010

35 by Illyricus »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mrokand - Oct 23, 2009

88 by Slimsith »»
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 25 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 19, 2010

25 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 2, 2021 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.