Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 13, 2021 5:57 PM
Aug 2019
The piano duet was awesome. I liked this episode a lot more than the first one, Cosette is so cute, and i love her voice lol But I suppose that the real Cosette died right there and the one we saw in the previous episode is that thing that appeared at the end? That's... sad :(
Oct 13, 2021 8:30 PM

Mar 2019
As a pianist and piano-lover.... i rlly loved this episode.

BUT, i expected more from the OP and ED songs... kind of dissapointed.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 13, 2021 8:44 PM

Jan 2012
I absolutely loved this episode!!!!
If the whole show is like this, this series will be getting a 10 from me for sure! <3
I personally found the first episode to be a bit boring, so this episode's content was a nice surprise ^_^
Looking forward to next week!

Oct 13, 2021 8:50 PM
Jan 2021
When cosette died I was so sad :,( but it was nice seeing their backstory.
Oct 13, 2021 9:25 PM
Apr 2021
this episode was good but messy.
the most obvious problem was that Cosette's transformation isn't really established before it happens. If we had a line or two about the weird crystal and some exposition on how muscarts are created beforehand, it would have felt less of a mess.
Then there's his father's death. Honestly I think it was a terrible way to start the episode. It's totally disconnected from everything else and the transition was a little awkward. I think there were better ways to incorporate this. Just adding a throwaway line (perhaps while they were eating about) how his father died would have had the same effect and felt a lot more natural.

Overall I love music. Actual music not pop or synth. And it was so good to hear so many familiar musical standards be treated with the attention and respect they deserve. Even if the entire show is shit, I'll probably still enjoy it just for the music and musical culture.
Oct 13, 2021 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
Plot almost seems semi ripped from Omega Quintet lol the main character even is named Takt..who also treated people like crap! I liked the first ep but hated this one. 1/5
Oct 14, 2021 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
oh kewl! so that's what happen before...nice
the animation where they play the piano and the sheer precise detail with the hands damn! MAPPA & Madhouse are putting a lot of effort in this one that's for sure!
Also the OST also groundbreaking hope it stays that way or even better!
5/5.

Oct 14, 2021 4:52 AM
Aug 2021
Animation and music 🎶 is lit 🔥🔥
Oct 14, 2021 5:43 AM

May 2018
so Takt is the son of a famous musician as expected. I like the piano songs a lot
Oct 14, 2021 6:54 AM

Jan 2020
I appreciated this episode moreso than the first one, though that ending seemed a bit rushed. Takt appears rather quick to show anger, immediately accept the situation, and therefore want to destroy D2s for someone who was a recluse like 5 seconds ago. Maybe that will get fleshed out a bit, but we'll see.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 14, 2021 7:02 AM

Aug 2021
The musical scenes gave me chills :3

The ed and op both are really cool
Oct 14, 2021 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
Interesting Backstory...
Music was Amazing!!

When they finished playing, I'm like when the D2 gonna show up, any second now lol

I wonder what stone that resurrect Cosette and give her the power.
Can't wait to find out more.
Oct 14, 2021 11:32 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Great episode
I wonder what that necklace has. I like that we saw a back story for both characters, it was a nice touch.
Oct 14, 2021 1:17 PM
Aug 2016
Idk, for something rated so high, this episode was pretty disappointing. Just shitty character development.

And the animation is pretty good in this episode, except the 2-3 spots where cgi robot-like movements can be spotted. At least make up for the bad story with some good action scenes, give the good animation something to do, but it maybe saves it for the next episode? Unless we jump through time again. Come on.
Oct 14, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2013
Quick question, why are they playing music during a festival in the open, when they are aware it attracts monsters?

Even further, why is he freely playing music in his garage without any repercussion?

At least we can now deduce why he acts cold towards her. He liked her, but now he sees this other entity in her body, her personality is gone, and that makes him angry and sad.
U9Oct 14, 2021 1:57 PM
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Oct 14, 2021 2:21 PM
May 2019
I just fell in love for Cosette full of life. And I'm shipping her with Takt.

I just got miserable thinking next episode they'll return to the kind of interaction they had on ep 1. PLS, make them a couple as she returns to her original cute self.
Oct 14, 2021 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was so sweet until the ending </3

I do wonder why they played music out in the open like that when monsters could show up at any point..
Oct 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Jun 2020
So this is going to be a flashback episode where it all began, It might be just the right time as well, A lot of things really happened before it even started

Cosette was so energetic and communicative back then compared to her present self, I would love to see them play more with the Grand Piano it's so exquisite to hear them play once in a while

And as things seem to end and turn to a dark road that necklace Cosette was wearing is somehow magical I assume her parents anticipated this to happen.
Oct 15, 2021 2:12 AM
Apr 2021
So far to me the show has felt like someone trying to make a creative artistic work but just feeling like its trying too hard to be good when it just is not
Oct 15, 2021 5:21 AM

May 2019
Yikes, character-based episode with dull characters isn't a good idea ;/
Oct 15, 2021 7:31 AM
Jan 2010
more like takt stay night am i right
Oct 15, 2021 8:27 PM

Feb 2020
U9 said:
Quick question, why are they playing music during a festival in the open, when they are aware it attracts monsters?

Even further, why is he freely playing music in his garage without any repercussion?

At least we can now deduce why he acts cold towards her. He liked her, but now he sees this other entity in her body, her personality is gone, and that makes him angry and sad.

I think the garage is soundproofed, which apparently the monsters can't get past.

As to the music festival, I agree it seems like an incredibly stupid invitation for tragedy. I was assuming the implication was that the symphonica had some sort of special protection, but obviously that's not the case, so if they don't explain it then I suppose it's just shitty contrived writing.
Oct 15, 2021 8:37 PM

Feb 2020
Well I thought this show was decent after watching the first episode but this was bad on a few levels. In the first place, I don't understand why they would choose to do it in this order, since the transition to this after the events of the first ep is so awkward and abrupt. This should either have been the first episode (when it wasn't already clear that Cosette is dead(?), an episode later in the season (after we give a fuck about the characters), or integrated throughout the show (to give drama and mystery to the interactions of the characters on their road trip). And the music festival...are we supposed to assume that everyone in this world is a moron? Or maybe the writers just don't care about how obviously contrived the narrative is. Either way, yikes.
ponpokorinOct 15, 2021 8:42 PM
Oct 16, 2021 8:17 AM

Jan 2021
Guys I am a little confused about one thing. Whats the deal with the locket that Cosette had. I noticed that after the performance with Takt in the public her locket started to glow.It actually gradually started to glow as she was playing. And after the attack of the D2 she transformed into a Mucicart because of that locket. So what is that locket and how did she get that?
Oct 16, 2021 10:56 AM
Jun 2021
Way better than the first one. In the first episode I couldn't care less about the characters but this time they added some emotion and it was great. I liked it. I hope they continue down this path. Visuals/great animation means nothing without a good story to back it up.
Oct 17, 2021 2:54 AM
Mar 2018
Watched episodes 1 and 2 together, really enjoyed both considering episode 2 was "worse" than 1, which it really wasn't

This episode really set up what type of people the main characters are without it being too much of a fall off of the first episode. After this episode, the action will most likely come back, so I'm not too upset that there wasn't much action this episode.

Oct 17, 2021 3:09 AM

Mar 2012
We immediately get to see what the brief flashback last ep is about. The plan about playing piano outside was pointing to tragedy, no way around it. I was nervous the whole time but the music was good good. Lively Cosette voice was nice to hear

Given that Cosette had the necklace the whole time, she's a dormant Musicart??? Literally said this out loud while watching lol. We still have to know the whole mechanism about conductors/musicarts
Oct 17, 2021 4:36 AM
Feb 2021
It's only the 2nd episode and yet I can already say it's one of my favorite seasonal anime.
I absolutely love this episode with this incredible backstory.
Oct 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
a promising chapter, how did you think of making a festival without security of the 2D are crazy and I found it interesting that the powers came from the pieces of the meteorites and not a collective power when the meteorite fell
Oct 17, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2015
That ending...wtf xD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 17, 2021 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
Actually I pretty enjoyed this little flashback,
when the first episode was just not enough information for me to really enter in this universe, now it's taking place and I'm glad for it !

Oct 17, 2021 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
So I complained about the lack of serious character development in the first episode, but I'm left wondering what the point is if the characters themselves are dull and unlikable.

The story expects me to believe that Cosette has some reason to like Takt. Well, he's the stereotypical, troubled young man with a tragic past. His father got killed by aliens, and now he's forced to live in a world incapable of appreciating his brilliance. What exactly is there about him that is supposed to be likable? He comes off like an edgy, moody, and apathetic teenager who believes the world is out to get him and that life just isn't fair. The story doesn't balance these elements with anything to humanize him or make him more relatable. Well, presumably his piano playing is supposed to fulfill that role, but that is just another area where this anime falls flat.

In terms of the music, the piano performances have a very "surfacey" quality, like the performer isn't really playing into the keys and achieving good tone and sound production. Again, not sure if that is a conscious decision. It would be one thing if the playing had some particular personality which might inform the story or Takt as a character, but it really just comes off as a series of fairly mediocre renditions.

Ultimately, I can't tell if Takt is supposed to be "cool," with his tousled black hair and dark clothes, or if the narrative is trying to set up an arc for his character, where his current outlook is a point of conflict and an opportunity for growth. Part of that is probably because he comes off as more bored than troubled. In short, he is a brat, which makes him unlikable and results in every minute with him on screen being a drag.

As for the workings of the universe, the preoccupation with playing "outside" makes no sense. Classical music in particular isn't particularly associated with performing outside or in informal settings. Furthermore, there isn't an explanation as to why concert venues aren't a thing. If playing outside is supposedly safe, then playing in an acoustically treated hall ought to be even better. And presumably, demand for such accommodation would be high given the apparent dearth of music, musicians, and instruments. I get that the story is hinting at some political subplot, where the powers that be are leading everyone to believe things are more under control than they really are; regardless, the world-building feels very "just so." It lacks authenticity, which makes it a poor framework for supporting character conflict and development.

The visuals and use of music suggests that this anime is supposed to be very emotionally impactful. But in my opinion, it just isn't there. These characters are nowhere near compelling enough, and the mechanics of the storytelling are kind of a mess. Will await episode 3 to see if this anime can figure out what it is trying to do.

Oct 18, 2021 7:16 AM
May 2018
Not much action in this episode but boy I love the music, and the funny sibling-like relationship between Takt and Cosette, though I prefer Future Cosette more (also did she only have that one pink dress to wear).

The story still seems a little bland, not bad, not good either. It seemed obvious that D2 would attack during or after the performance. But let's see where this show goes for now.
DannXOct 18, 2021 7:22 AM
Oct 18, 2021 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
Well, once again things happened. Not much explanation again why D2 attacked this time or what happened to Cosette and Takt at the end and why a gem makes them monster killers. It looks nice but I like some more world building.
Oct 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Dec 2020
this show is so So predictable but honestly im not that bothered by it, still fun to watch for me :D

and i was right ! takt's arm was basically a sacrifice to keep cosette alive and he probably isn't fond of destiny as much because she's cosette .. but not. and Erm the hell's up with that necklace, suddenly turned into some kind of spirit and took a
big fat CHOMP out of takt's whole arm lmao
Oct 19, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2015
The most safe and predictable backstory I'd have thought of, which of course doesn't directly mean it's bad, but just doesn't seem like much imagination went into the writing

ponpokorin said:
In the first place, I don't understand why they would choose to do it in this order,

Perhaps because EP1 had the beautiful eye catching action, it was a visual statement of sorts designed to attract viewers
LanzOct 19, 2021 1:28 PM
Oct 19, 2021 1:21 PM

Apr 2021
Really enjoyng this show. Animation is top notch, the sound is amazing, cool music and characters. I hope Cosette returns someday, I loved her cheerful personality.
Oct 20, 2021 8:32 AM
May 2016
Geez is this MC annoying, we'll see if the explanation for their transformation is any good next ep.
Oct 22, 2021 8:22 PM
Jul 2016
ProofByColor said:
It was very obvious where this episode was going to go. It raises some questions I suppose.

So 10 years ago or so the D2 show up and Takt's dad who was some famous composer dies. Okay then some organization learns how to harness the power of magical girl and fight the D2. Like 6 years later they have arrived at some sort of truce (?) and the fighting isn't as bad. Okay then 4 more years and this symphonia organization or w/e are having some festival where some pre approved music is allowed. Did they like hit up the D2 and be like yo we gonna play this music is that cool lmao?

So of course when Cosette (hey guys sounds like cassette tape how clever) asks to play piano she is denied, but then apparently is approved when asking those military guys directly (is this a lie?). If they actually approved this then are either dumb af or working with the D2. If she was lying then massive plot hole as how tf would no one here be like "Wtf are you doing" and destroy the piano or something.

Also the reaction from Anna when her little sister seeming dies and then turns into some weird magical girl with a bunch of vines was hilariously bland.

I wonder the same thing

Oct 22, 2021 9:55 PM

Jan 2019
I appreciate us getting the background on these characters early on. A more generic show would save this stuff for a flashback right before the climax so our protagonists can, "Remember why they fight," or some BS.

If there's one thing this show has shown thus far, it is that they aren't restricted by traditional story structures.
Oct 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Dec 2018
Better episode than the first one.
Poor Cosette, she died after performing the piano with Takt... Well, I guess it's a happy ending for her.
They should have known that those D2 will attack after heard those music but still performing on the public... They never learn from the past mistake huh?
And how Cosette had that necklace anyway? Hope they explain later.

Oct 23, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
Nikmomo93 said:
Better episode than the first one.
Poor Cosette, she died after performing the piano with Takt... Well, I guess it's a happy ending for her.
They should have known that those D2 will attack after heard those music but still performing on the public... They never learn from the past mistake huh?
And how Cosette had that necklace anyway? Hope they explain later.

I wonder if real Cosette will return someday. It didn't feel to me like she died.
The way I see the ending. Cosette will return, but MC will lose his arm.
Oct 23, 2021 8:45 PM
May 2020
Takt really loves the piano, he really needs to be more open to the world about piano to have an even bigger reason to defend for music. Music is a masterpiece.
Cosette is such a wholesome person, her smile is always soothing, and whenever the older sister gets pissed and screams at the both of them is also funny 😂
Oct 24, 2021 10:09 AM
Nov 2020
To think that they even animated the correct keys
Props to the animators
Oct 26, 2021 10:37 PM

Apr 2018
I really like this backstory ep holy The music performance was really good imo. Im sad Cosette had to pass like that but i can see what happened.
Oct 27, 2021 4:16 PM

May 2015
Holy shit that last piano song they played was SO CATCHY!!! Couldn't stop grinning and jamming to the music. No idea what that song was but it was so good.

But yeah literally the entire time I was just like "Ok, so here's where they got nuked....no here? Here? Its coming" cause this is the backstory to how Cosette became like she is.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2021 11:37 PM
Feb 2020
I didn't think music could be so effective as flirting
Dec 6, 2021 12:59 PM

May 2016
Cossete totally fallen for him I have my doubts confirmed but from last episode seems she is totally different person, that weird thing could have taken control of her.
Dec 17, 2021 5:46 AM

Oct 2018
So, it's a flashback episode. I have a couple of questions after this episode and I really hope that the way the festival was set up actually has some process instead of just being used as a plot device for triggering Cosette turning into a musicart. But this is just the 2nd episode, so they will probably flesh out the world Animation for the little bit at the end was amazing.
Dec 26, 2021 10:00 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty emotional second episode. Already getting some in-depth character backstory for Takt, who's father seemed to be a notable conductor but died to a D2 attack, leaving Takt keeping to himself and a piano many years after. Cosette before she was Destiny seemed much more joyful and showed more emotion, especially to Takt. Both definitely seemed to live different lives compared to ep1.

Overall this episode was more calm and wholesome, showed a lot of Takt and Cosette relationship, and life before tragedy struck them. Loved the music this ep, helped set a really nice mood and tone to the scenes.

Ending scene was extreme, definitely got me in the heart with the emotions shown, but was also rlly interesting. So the crystal Cosette had on her caused some sort of spirt to emerge, take Takt's right arm reviving(?) Cosette into Destiny and putting both Takt and Destiny into some sort of pact? Really hope they explain more of how and what caused all those events to occur.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.