Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 12, 2021 7:46 PM
Aug 2020
the animation of the battle is pretty good but the face shape of the character is very strange plus the color of the design is very strange even though they are done by the same person
Oct 12, 2021 7:49 PM

Jul 2019
Decent. A usual tragic backstory. Though, the pacing towards the end was bizarre to say the least. I don't expect much from this series other than your weekly battles with some cliché attempt to pull on viewer's emotions.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 12, 2021 7:51 PM
Apr 2020
A full episode of backstory of how Takt and Cossette became a Conductor and a Musickart. It's still unknown tho why Cossette was chosen to become Destiny. Welp, they still have so much time to explain things.

Symphonica is kinds sus, are they bringing the festival to a town to destroy it, through the D2s?

Oct 12, 2021 8:20 PM
May 2021
Can somebody tell what was that piano piece played by both of them in the festival?
Oct 12, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2020
DrkSeid69 said:
Animillion said:
Apparently MAPPA didn’t even animate this episode and outsourced it to another studio. Is that true?

That is not true. Where'd you get this information from? I bet it's from Aottards

ChibiReviews on YouTube
Oct 12, 2021 8:26 PM

Nov 2014
I really loved the focus on the characters on this episode, and seems like the backstory will continue next week, i hope cosette didn't die for real.

I find this episode to be even better than last one. Also, takt became my spirit animal at this point.
Oct 12, 2021 8:32 PM
May 2021
Ok, ep 2 was 🔥 and even better than ep 1.
Music and animation are too good .
Oct 12, 2021 8:45 PM

Nov 2020
Animillion said:
DrkSeid69 said:

That is not true. Where'd you get this information from? I bet it's from Aottards

ChibiReviews on YouTube

That's actually true. I thought it was a nitpicking lol
Oct 12, 2021 8:58 PM

Jun 2021
So we get a prequel to episode 1 with this episode. I imagine they did this because they knew this episode wasn't as interesting as episode 1, and that's pretty much my opinion about episode 2.

Not much about this episode entertained me. It wasn't bad, but it was basically more world building and the end result was pretty obvious from the get go.

The more I watch this show, I can't help but feel that it's just trying to be a Fate ripoff, which is not necessary a bad thing, but I kind of wish they did something a little more unique.
Oct 12, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2020
DrkSeid69 said:
Animillion said:

ChibiReviews on YouTube

That's actually true. I thought it was a nitpicking lol

Yea, that sucks that MAPPA actually isn’t animating Takt OP then
Oct 12, 2021 9:18 PM

Oct 2020
Animillion said:
Apparently MAPPA didn’t even animate this episode and outsourced it to another studio. Is that true?
DrkSeid69 said:
Animillion said:

I don't know if this is true or not but on Instagram I found news that MAPPA shifted most of the production in eps 2 to Studio VOLN. If true it's a bit disappointing, because this is their own project which was announced as a celebration of MAPPA's 10th anniversary.

https://somoskudasai.com/noticias/anime/mappa-se-vuelve-tendencia-tras-el-segundo-episodio-de-takt-op-destiny/
Snow_dropindo99Oct 12, 2021 9:26 PM
Oct 12, 2021 9:29 PM
Aug 2021
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Animillion said:
DrkSeid69 said:

I don't know if this is true or not but on Instagram I found news that MAPPA shifted most of the production in eps 2 to Studio VOLN. If true it's a bit disappointing, because this is their own project which was announced as a celebration of MAPPA's 10th anniversary.

https://somoskudasai.com/noticias/anime/mappa-se-vuelve-tendencia-tras-el-segundo-episodio-de-takt-op-destiny/
some staff from voln work with mappa. Not outsource, that is what voln also do with mappa in ushio to tora anime. Mappa is busy asf so no wonder they need help, but that is still they episode, just that some staff from voln came to help
Oct 12, 2021 9:34 PM
Oct 2021
Somebody tell me what the classical piano pieces are. PLEASE.
I only got Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 (1st movement) and Piano Sonata 8 (2nd movement). The first piece on the episode sounds like one of Mozart's Requiems but I can't pinpoint it lol.
Oct 12, 2021 9:36 PM

Mar 2020
Animation look pretty dull if compared with first episode. So right now we'll saying that Madhouse is better than Shitppa? Ofc is it.
Oct 12, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
Kamisa88 said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

some staff from voln work with mappa. Not outsource, that is what voln also do with mappa in ushio to tora anime. Mappa is busy asf so no wonder they need help, but that is still they episode, just that some staff from voln came to help
it makes sense considering they have 3 other big projects like Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen Movie, SNK Final Season Part 2. most likely they are more focused on those three projects and put their best staff than in Takt op Destiny.
Oct 12, 2021 9:49 PM

Nov 2020
Resolution1337 said:
Animation look pretty dull if compared with first episode. So right now we'll saying that Madhouse is better than Shitppa? Ofc is it.

it's outsourced tho...
Oct 12, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2020
I think this was a pretty solid second episode. I love the music choice, it looks like both studios are carefully picking songs that are enjoyable, but also in tune with the characters emotions or mental states. I like the backstory of Takt and Cosette, the sequence of events and the way they're linked are well-thought of. The pacing is very decent too, after a fast-paced first episode, this episode allows the story to sink in and gives the viewer the chance to focus on the plot. I'm impressed with the CGI of this episode. It's better than the first episode if I dare say, even though the CGI in the last episode was pretty good too.

All of these small details made me enjoy this episode, but y'all, get ready for some action in the next episode.
samashi20Oct 12, 2021 11:55 PM
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 12, 2021 9:52 PM

Apr 2021
Story : predictable

Music : very good

Excitement : medium

8/10 for this episode

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Oct 12, 2021 9:52 PM
May 2020
I wasn't so interested on this one but I came back for the music and the art(even thought I don't really like the way the monsters look). I'm a little bit more interested now tho.
Oct 12, 2021 9:57 PM
Dec 2020
Predictable event,not much character are shown,still good to see the backstory but i feel it is so disconected to ep1
Oct 12, 2021 10:07 PM

May 2015
Kamisa88 said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

One of the in-charge for this episode is a MAPPA producer who is currently working in VOLN. Most of the work in this episode were done in-house in MAPPA with outsourced input as usual and some assistance from VOLN's staff. It's not shifted to VOLN.

Let's not forget that VOLN is also a Madhouse breakaway just like MAPPA, so it's no surprise if some acquaintances known from Madhouse days will work on this one as well.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Jul 2019
I have mixed feeelings about this. The whole build up for the concert felt very cozy and pastoral and when the D2 attack happened it really twisted the structure and the mood of the episode.

The birth of Destiny and her union with Maestro Takt was beautifully animated but I wasn't quite sold on Takt sudden desire to destroy enemies although he probably kept his hatred towards the world where music is strictly prohibited deep inside all this time. I mean you just survived the bombing, your partner died on your hands, your right hand is a mess of shrapnel and flesh and after all of that you are suddenly a complete package of bringing good to the world.

The transformation scene by itself was great, hell, everything was animated so well from the very beginning, especially all the antics of Cosette, so the world that we were presented with felt so real. For a long time I have not received such pleasure from a single episode, and even more so I was so keen on the process.
townghostOct 12, 2021 11:44 PM
Oct 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Dec 2018
>a origin stories in the second chapter.
>boys meet girl
>eschewing all the fun and over the top action for a whole episode of sappy drama for a girl we already know gets thrown into the fridge to be robot-icized

oh man This show is really bad. Well, not really, at least not totally, but the episode did lay it on ridiculously thick and a lighter touch would have definitely helped things move along a little bit faster and more effectively. It's such a painfully saccharine relationship. Cosette is utterly and completely devoted to him in every way because his music is E V E R Y T H I N G. And she's a quirky manic pixie girl that puts up with his grumpyness because she is just plain perfect in every way. What a tragedy it will be when a random rocket from the sky ruins that. Frankly, the other dynamic is both far more fun and far more real, despite one of them being essentially a robot, simply because it's not so transparently cloying and manipulative.

I mean Polyphonica did this better and it was a average show at best and here is nothing special or distinctive.
Oct 12, 2021 10:48 PM

Jan 2009
so Cossette is possessed by some ghost or something eh

and episode 2 already have drop in animation quality too
Oct 12, 2021 10:49 PM
Jul 2021
wow takt is the most piece of shit MC i ever seen, even worse than subaru at least subaru very decent at first season.

but this takt is the worse human being ever exist.

he does not deserve our best girl Cossette

i don't care the graphics anymore because we can see how the story will going to the end specially with this MC is extremely predicable.
RedCobra75Oct 12, 2021 10:53 PM
Oct 13, 2021 12:01 AM
Jun 2021
This is so sad. I love seeing Takt playing piano but for some reason I feel bad when Cosette was dead. I've known she isn't human but this is emphasizing that she die so badly and become Destiny or something. And the scene Takt look at her was ..... (I'm crying) I wish he would meet the old Cosette. (From ep1 seems like he miss Cosette). And last thing, Mappa x Madhouse is so damn good. Action scenes and soundings are beautiful😍😍
Oct 13, 2021 1:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched this right after watching the first episode of Deep Insanity, and man the difference in quality and refinement is just astounding. Sure we get some cgi hands, but I think they did a good job of making it not TOO noticeable.

Best moment for me is the transition of the audience clapping to the sound of rain outside while takt was having his... flashback?

This is also pretty sad actually, what was essentially his little sister is now just a spiritual entity that took over her body.

Anyway I like how the throw you immediately into all the present action in the first episode, but then give you the backstory stuff in the 2nd. Helps the backstory be a bit more effective imo.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 13, 2021 1:43 AM

Apr 2016
G0j0satarou said:
bro imagine mappa and madhouse collaborating just to promote a MOBILE game 😂, I don't think so even if they announced it the same time it's a original work and is going good will wait till 10 episodes to judge this show!

Imagine thinking that making a mobile game promotion is some kind of "below me" for big anime studios. Go and check again.

This is a promotion, big names on both sides, first episode with big animation moments to catch normies. This whole thing is a big advert.
Oct 13, 2021 1:59 AM

Jun 2015
It's rare to see an anime goes hard on music. Well, it's a music genre, so that much is a given. I love classical music, so this show is a massive treat for me.
Oct 13, 2021 2:03 AM
Dec 2020
Swagernator said:
G0j0satarou said:
bro imagine mappa and madhouse collaborating just to promote a MOBILE game 😂, I don't think so even if they announced it the same time it's a original work and is going good will wait till 10 episodes to judge this show!

Imagine thinking that making a mobile game promotion is some kind of "below me" for big anime studios. Go and check again.

This is a promotion, big names on both sides, first episode with big animation moments to catch normies. This whole thing is a big advert.
so what! Even it is a advert! If they can provide us a good entertainment source then all is well, it isn't like it is going to be turn like genshin impact, no, so i dont see a problem here.
Oct 13, 2021 2:20 AM
Feb 2020
Damn this episode was way better than the first one
Oct 13, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2014
I had to laugh at the shocked reaction Takt had on his face when his precious piano was taken from the garage! XD

Either way, this episode was a showcase of what happen in the events prior to the first episode, where Cosette really cared for Takt, despite the sibling bickering between the two of them (Seriously, her smiles in this episode were insanely cute!!!).

The piano duet that they played together at the carnival was wholesome and catchy. Sadly, this was where the D2 attacked and essentially killed Cosette, but it awoken the spirit within her charm and, as we seen from the previous episode, she's now a musicart.

The OP/ED animations were great, especially in the OP, where it felt like a nice match with the song. Overall, while the story does feel a little predictable, the execution of it so far has been good. I do look forward to some more action next time. =)
Oct 13, 2021 5:01 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Also fucking pain. Just when Takt was warming up to Cosette. I was expecting for the D2's to come, but that don't make the pain any less.

The segue into the OP was pretty clean, I thought it was just another scene but it was the OP lmao. OP is great though, song's a banger and the visuals were great.

That scene where Takt was imagining playing Piano in front of crowd with the applause and then transitioning back to reality with the sound of rain pouring was neat. Couldn't help but smile when Takt and Cosette were playing together, of course the banger piece helps.

I guess Cosette is like possessed by a musicart, so maybe when this is all over there's a chance for Cosette to come back maybe, I hope. Her transformation was really clean though. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 13, 2021 5:18 AM

Aug 2007
This episode would have been a much better episode 1 than the actual episode 1.
Oct 13, 2021 5:48 AM

Jan 2019
So it's been 10 years since the first part of the Flashback (October 14)? How old is Cosette?
Oct 13, 2021 6:31 AM
Aug 2021
the ending of scane eps 2 gives goosebumps️️️😨😨😨😨
Oct 13, 2021 7:21 AM

May 2019
Oh damn I did NOT expect romance in this.

Looks like the themes are a lot deeper than we initially thought—what an interesting backstory. A lot of power dynamics and worldbuilding introduced.

I wonder if there'll be any romantic themes in the future? My guess is that they'll have light romance themes, or hint at things. Personally in most cases I'd rather an 'all the way' or 'not at all' approach, but we'll see how it goes.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 13, 2021 7:56 AM

Apr 2011
Its a nice background story of how Takt and Cosette came to be.

The two playing the piano together was fun to watch.
Oct 13, 2021 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
i have questions .
1- what is the maestro ?
2- what is that stone ?
3- what is the musicart and her work ( or maybe job ) ?
rnweebOct 13, 2021 9:55 AM
Oct 13, 2021 8:34 AM
Nov 2020
How many epsiode takt. op destiny will have?
Oct 13, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2021
Nie mogę się doczekać 3 odcinka
Oct 13, 2021 8:49 AM
Feb 2021
How's my man gon' play the piano now??
Oct 13, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
parham20172017 said:
i have questions .
1- what is the maestro ?
2- what is that stone ?
3- what is the musicart and her work ( or mabe job ) ?

We got some info in Episode 1 in this sketch, rest we will know in future probably
Oct 13, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Assuming they don’t mess up the ending, this show is going to be a masterpiece in every sense of the word. So cosette that fights with Takt is actually basically a heroic spirit and the real cosette died at the festival. No wonder he wants to kill all the D2
Oct 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2021
Things were going normally. Suddenly, they were attacked and I don't know where they got that power from and agree to fight the monster... that's weird lol

Oct 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
First half was just about some boring piano coomer, but twas nb after they did the duet.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 13, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2019
I appreciate the backstory but I’m still unimpressed with this anime as a whole, I like the classical music, everything else is pretty standard, also feels very predictable, I can kinda guess how this is going to turn out, anyways I may drop this eventually. -g-
Oct 13, 2021 2:17 PM
Jan 2018
I really loved this episode. Some people say it felt too early to reveal Takt and Cosette's backstory, but I didn't feel that way at all. Also that piano scene was so sweet *-*

There's 2 things that kinda confuse me though, but maybe they'll explain that later on.
1 is how we first see a flashback from 2037, where the tragedy with Takt's father happened, and it seems at that time they got the Sagan Declaration, but then back in 2047 Cosette says it only happened 4 years ago. That really threw me off. Idk if it's just me though.
The second thing is, just how fast Takt went back to action. I'm thinking maybe it just felt "natural" to him as a Conductor, but that transition seemed a bit abrupt to me.

Either way I'm super invested in this show. The animation and sound are great and the story is really refreshing and interesting to me. We don't know a lot about what's going to happen in the next episodes or what the ultimate goal/journey will be, but I'm looking forward to whatever's next.
Oct 13, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2015
rizuuu-chan said:
Somebody tell me what the classical piano pieces are. PLEASE.
I only got Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 (1st movement) and Piano Sonata 8 (2nd movement). The first piece on the episode sounds like one of Mozart's Requiems but I can't pinpoint it lol.

0:10 - 1:20 Mozart - Requiem in D Minor, K 626: Dies Irae

1:25 - 2:10 Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No.1 In B Flat Minor, Op.23, (1st. Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso)

7:20 - 7:60 Tchaikovsky - Piano Concerto No.1 In B Flat Minor, Op.23, (1st. Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso)

10:00 - 10:25 Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 8, Op. 13 (Pathétique 2nd. Movement Andante cantabile)

15:35 - 15:55 Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 8, Op. 13 (Pathétique 2nd. Movement Andante cantabile)

16:30 - 17:55 Duke Ellington - Take A Train

17:55 - 18:50 Louis Prima - Sing Sing Sing/ With A Swing

21:24 Beethoven - Symphony No.5 (1st. Movement : Allegro con brio)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the piano music and performance sure is something. Looks like the show took a dive into a tragic event from the past involving a composer.

Destiny seemed cuter in this episode than the previous one. Got to also see some piano playing skills from Takt, which I think is neat. I wonder if we'll see more duo performances between him and Destiny throughout the show.

Its kinda remind me of "your lie in april" moment XD.
Music also was so good
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.