Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the piano music and performance sure is something. Looks like the show took a dive into a tragic event from the past involving a composer.

Destiny seemed cuter in this episode than the previous one. Got to also see some piano playing skills from Takt, which I think is neat. I wonder if we'll see more duo performances between him and Destiny throughout the show.

Feb 2018
October 14, 2037 - ongaku wa hito no kokoro o terasuhikari

Is this propaganda about symphonies or music, damn. It's only temporary if D2 doesn't appear in the town, Music is too strong a poison for worlds.Cosette and Takt, do they need to argue just for a clean-up? Do you need to tell Takat that you haven't showered or changed the clothes ,huh. That Was delicious breakfast, Symphonica Festival? That seems interesting. It's been 4 years since Zegan's declaration and this seems like a good opportunity for a festival, should they come to town. Because at this festival, music will be performed in the middle of the town. Takt's music could really reach the level of someone heart, Therefore Takt did not want to play it.

Did Cosette just mention France? It's been 3 years, what Was that? Writing a song also depends on the mood, lol. Piano debut, and a song called Hiso? Idk, They really do it in the middle of the city, soon the pianist will come. Takt comes and yeah D2 killed Cosette and she's Turned into Unmei? Really like that transform.

Jul 2017
This episode produced entirely by MAPPA, and damned if I can tell what's the difference between this and Episode 1 (made entirely by Madhouse), at least only noticeable on the realistic piano scenes.

Takt is obviously quite attached to the piano, but to everything else, it's filth. Anna finds it a problem of taking care for both Cosette and Takt, the latter especially of his past as a well-established pianist along with his late father Kenji who was a Conductor before his untimely death, which stopped him from playing the piano in front of people. I sure as hell would understand Takt and his motivation to play music if he was more upright towards Cosette, who's more inept at playing Beethoven's pieces.

Seeing the New York Symphonia Party festival for the first time with Grand Maestro Sagan, he also seeks a world where the D2s can be rid of, but then people cannot play music for fear that the D2s will attack out of nowhere. Takt's rag-tag piano tunes, along with Cosette's duet, is nice to get Takt out of his rut and enjoy playing for once...that is until the D2 arrive and destroy the surroundings.

So that's how Cosette turned into Destiny with the exchange of Takt's right arm, that's definitely a pact there.

Mika Nakashima's ED is good.

Time to fight back.

@Swagernator I'm having a hard time understanding the character aspect too.
KANLen09Oct 12, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2020
The OP is pretty good.

Cosette caught me off guard. it turn out she can play piano too.
As usual, Takt's piano playing skills amazed everyone, Cosette and Takt did a piano four hands. that was amazing.

I don't know what it is, it seems the light shaped like a girl turned Cosette into a Musicart.
Oct 12, 2021 8:33 AM

Jun 2019
As informed, the first episode was done by Madhouse and this one is done by MAPPA. This episode was more on the music side like the previous one obviously but much more on the quiet side. We also got to see some past events in this episode involving the characters.

Once again, the music in the show is really good and Takt is just phenomenal with his piano skills. That duo performance was something else. Definitely will love some of them in the upcoming episodes as well. D2 is still a big problem for humanity that needs to be sorted in this world.
Oct 12, 2021 8:40 AM
Mar 2021
Interesting episode about their past but still gonna need more information about why those happened and everything
nice piano stuff lol
Oct 12, 2021 9:09 AM

Apr 2016
I dont know man, why is it the "cynical adult main character" paired with the "acting retarded" female character who also acts like a child, you know the shy, uwu and all that cringe crap. Oh look she's cute and dere, how great is that, me wifu of da seson, YEY. I definitely didn't see that in like every anime ever made, at all. Oh this dude main character is so down to earth and cool, just like my 14 years old chuunibyou inner self.

You can't just have a batman main character, then throw some random classical piece per episode .. and then call it deep. Just no.

Anyway, the animation And music was again very good this week, cant say bad about that, they keep the visual production high yeah. We also got some flashbacks. But i still can't shake the feeling that this is an advertisement for an upcoming mobile game. It ticks all the boxes of gacha games. Also im not gonna mention which studio made what, i don't care about people making it honestly.
SwagernatorOct 12, 2021 9:21 AM
Oct 12, 2021 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting stuff. I can't wait to see more episodes.

Takt is so cute and good at playing the piano. New husbando alert.
Oct 12, 2021 9:12 AM
Aug 2020
Deym that remarkable "DunDunDun Dun" of Beethoven played before Cosette-Unmei transformation is probably the most powerful henshin bgm(?) I've ever heard. Dunno if it's because of the greatness of that few notes by Beethoven or they use it correctly by timing.
Oct 12, 2021 9:13 AM

Apr 2018
piano music and performance was heat. Pretty well done episode by mappa this time. Man, I love how wholesome and cute Destiny is. The ED is pretty good. Already listened to the OP. There's no real difference between the studios except for a few scenes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 12, 2021 9:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I preferred this episode over the 1st one, the piano scene between Takt and Cosette during the outside party was great, though one day they'll understand dubstep is way better than boring piano... too bad for them it ended up with a D2 attack :/
Oct 12, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2019
This was quite the Performance, from both Cosette and Takt. I like that Piano Duet.

And the OP, such beautiful visuals on it.

Oct 12, 2021 9:29 AM

May 2020
Got a bit about Takt's past, having lost his father 10 years ago who also happened to be a well endowed musician. Cosette's being completely different from what I perceived of her in first episode and she can play piano too.

Definitely music will be an integral part of this series which was evident from that duo performance we got to see, but those attacks from D2 really caught me off guard.
OP with visuals seems pretty fine and ED being decent too.
Oct 12, 2021 9:29 AM

May 2020
Didn't expect the next episode to explain what happened back then when they still weren't conductor and musicart. The stone has requirements to activate but does it mean only for that stone or for all of them or is there another way to become a conductor and musicart? If that's the case, the other conductors must have gone through something similar then. Pretty good episode even though we already knew what was going to happen.
Oct 12, 2021 9:30 AM
Nov 2010
So, quite a number of things to digest here. We go back into the past, where Cosette clearly shows a very different personality from what we saw in ep 1. In this ep, she's more cheerful and lively. Because that climatic moment at the end of this ep, I had a feeling the "real" Cosette died, and it certainly did show which that assault by the D2. Talk about real bad luck.

This ep basically showed us how the two protagonists got their powers, and the music pieces they played are, as expected, pretty good classic music pieces. Animation is still great as expected, and can't wait for more!
Oct 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2014
Wtf is with the ending. The guy just accepted the death so quickly and then agrees to fight the monster. Huh??
Oct 12, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
Predictable events in this episode so didn't really find it that exciting. Thou it was still nice to see Takt and Cosette/Destiny's backstory. ED is out and unlike the OP I like the it.
Oct 12, 2021 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
tetrix1993 said:
Wtf is with the ending. The guy just accepted the death so quickly and then agrees to fight the monster. Huh??

He has not time to mourn, he needs to farm those super rare SSR jpegs from a seasonal event, ASAP.
Oct 12, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2020
Takt was only living in his garage to play piano because his father died.
Takt and cosette playing together was so nice to hear dam they’re good.

So this was ten years ago how it begans.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Oct 12, 2021 9:45 AM

Jun 2021
Just amazing. Even better ep than the first one for me. The music and the piano was something else. Also we got to see the OP with scenes. The scene where transformation of Cosette with Takt was just amazing. Really loved this episode overall
Oct 12, 2021 9:46 AM
May 2021
I hope there's something more to be explained on Cossette's backstory, like what was the necklace thingy that turned her into a musicart?
Oct 12, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2020
music is so good. love the op
Oct 12, 2021 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
D2 = COVID-19
Public live music ban = A policy to prevent superspreading event
Symphonica Party = the event that the city try to ease the restriction to boost the economic despite not completely eliminate the risk but because the people is in the curfew for too long
Oct 12, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2015
A beautiful yet sad episode all in all. Got to know more about Cossette's backstory and on how things turned out the way they are. I need to see more.

As for the technical aspect, it's a bit inconsistent but it's still enjoyable at best. You can notice with how the eyes were drawn. There are fair instances of misaligned or improportionate eyes throughout the episode, and a little bit if off-model drawings at most.

The music choices in this episode were pretty nice as usual, with the ED hitting just as hard as the OP.

One interesting point that I noticed is that, I don't usually see characters in anime moving their lower jaws while they speak that often unless it's in a movie or a certain sequence, but this has lots of it and it's pretty refreshing to see.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 12, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
So Cosette died huh.. and the Cosette we have right now is a Musicart? hmm.. The animation and art was just freakin' gorgeous like always.. i did find the sol type for this episode quite enjoyable

Not gonna lie.. i do think that the Opening is an extreme banger.. i wasted over 6-7 minutes just rewinding the opening again and again..

I do hope that they fix the story telling a bit.. its still pretty mediocre..
Oct 12, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2011
The story overall have no surprise, was clear that Cosette would be possessed, of course would be a D2 attack to put some urgency. Just normal anime things.

Oct 12, 2021 10:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Music is something thats just as important to a people's culture as language and traditions are. Cosette and Takt though have the most curious of bonds though. The OP though sure was damm impressive. The insight into how their life was before their journey sure was interesting though. The moment between the two as they played the piano though was cute. So the Maestro's are the only people that can fight against the D2's then. Doesn't look like they have much members though. The performance at the event though sure was fun. Takt and Cosette though really made a fine pair and their performance showed this to excellent effect. The attack of the D2's though was the most unfortunate but it did serve to show how the relationship between the two changed as a result of Cosette's transformation. Overall an interesting ep that did well to flesh out the main cast by showing what happened to them in the past. The ending theme sure was nice featuring not only a fun song but nice visuals that accompanied it as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2021 10:18 AM

Dec 2010
I can't believe how cute original Cosette is! Her voice actor is doing a damn fine job!
There is just no way they can end this anime without bringing her original personality back, now that we've seen how cute she was. If they do I'm rating it a 1/10.
Oct 12, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 2020
Great ep, This ep had 10 AD so drop in quality is seen but thats probably due to lack if action and mostly dialogue. If anything this show has amazing chemistry between cbaracters
Oct 12, 2021 10:20 AM

Dec 2017
Lol I was nervously watching when piano scene came in, I knew something will happen and it will be tragedy, I just don't know when
Oct 12, 2021 10:25 AM
Aug 2021
So this one's about Takt's past and how Cosette becomes a Musicart. That transformation scene at the end made up for the mediocrity of the episode. Well wonder what that stone around Cosette's neck was.
Oct 12, 2021 10:26 AM
Sep 2019
I love classical music and I am sold after watching the episode. Such a good music heavy backstory.
Oct 12, 2021 10:49 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
I loved the performance, at first the episode seemed a bit annoyng but the second half was stunning.

I hope for some powerful and COMPLETED romance in the future episodes!
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Oct 12, 2021 10:55 AM

Jun 2021
Loved the episode guys!

The performance was so good and cute :)

Cosette is so sweet, i love her so much <3

This anime will be one of my favs without doubt, Episode 3 will be insane with more action
Oct 12, 2021 11:04 AM
Dec 2020
Swagernator said:
I dont know man, why is it the "cynical adult main character" paired with the "acting retarded" female character who also acts like a child, you know the shy, uwu and all that cringe crap. Oh look she's cute and dere, how great is that, me wifu of da seson, YEY. I definitely didn't see that in like every anime ever made, at all. Oh this dude main character is so down to earth and cool, just like my 14 years old chuunibyou inner self.

You can't just have a batman main character, then throw some random classical piece per episode .. and then call it deep. Just no.

Anyway, the animation And music was again very good this week, cant say bad about that, they keep the visual production high yeah. We also got some flashbacks. But i still can't shake the feeling that this is an advertisement for an upcoming mobile game. It ticks all the boxes of gacha games. Also im not gonna mention which studio made what, i don't care about people making it honestly.
bro i think the mobile game is advertising this show, or they made a mobile game after seeing how popular it has become amongst new weebs and yes of course japenese!
Oct 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Nov 2020
they both were having fun till a D2 showed up. that stone definitely has something to do with Cosette's transformation

Oct 12, 2021 11:08 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
G0j0satarou said:
Swagernator said:

bro i think the mobile game is advertising this show, or they made a mobile game after seeing how popular it has become amongst new weebs and yes of course japenese!
they announced the game and the anime at the same time lol
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 12, 2021 11:08 AM
Jul 2020
Any idea about cosette necklace? Or maybe I missing something
Oct 12, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
So is Cossette dead and the girl we saw in first episode is different but using her body?

Because it didn't seem like she remembered anything and her speech patterns are completely different.
Oct 12, 2021 11:19 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Seemes a bit slow at first but was okay since it gave more insight about the whole situation. Good episode.

smoochie smoochie

Oct 12, 2021 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
I actually liked this episode, despite all the silly complaints I hear about it from Twitter and other sites, and while I understand it wasn't visually stunning like the first episode, it at least provided some form of answers for the questions many of us had during the premiere. We have a story to work with, folks, even though the character dynamics and settings aren't the most fascinating things in the world. I can honestly see why many people may find the two leads bland, but hey to each his own. Also, it's still just two episodes into an anime original, not like an adaptation where you can clearly sense anything missing or off in context.
Oct 12, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2021
This episode was produced all by MAPPA. I couldn’t really tell the difference between the animation to be honest as both the episodes have had great animation so far. Music was great also and Destiny is really cute xD. Takt and Destiny’s performance together was also great! Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 12, 2021 11:27 AM

Jun 2017
dtrfs said:
they both were having fun till a D2 showed up. that stone definitely has something to do with Cosette's transformation

It was actually explained in the first episode. The stone is probably from one of the "good" meteors that gives these powers. How Cosette got her hands on something like that is yet to be explained.

DamonElix said:
So is Cossette dead and the girl we saw in first episode is different but using her body?

Because it didn't seem like she remembered anything and her speech patterns are completely different.

Good catch I wonder too. Everyone still refers to her as Cosette so maybe she actually merged with whatever came out of the stone, so yeah in a way the "old Cosette" is gone.
Oct 12, 2021 11:27 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
You know what, I have an interesting prediction.

Based on the loitering information, MAPPA handle the 1st episode and Madhouse handle the 2nd episode. The story on both episode take setting at different timeline. And both of them is unfinished.

So, the idea is MAPPA handle the current timeline, the odd episodes, where Takt already used with his life as Conductor and Madhouse handle the past timeline, the even episodes, where Takt learning his new ability and adapting to Cosette's new form as Destiny.
Oct 12, 2021 11:30 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Lets goo. Hyped for the next episode!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 12, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2019
Not as strong visually as the first episode, not only because it was an episode with pretty much no action, it also had some... little jank here and there, nothing special but not particulary bad either. Just average.
I did find the overall content of the episode more interesting than the first, seeing how these characters became who they are was more appealing to me at least. Still not sure exactly where this show wants to go tho? Will it just be them going to new york for 12 episodes? Idk, its a fine show, but not much more to it.
KhayalCorp88 said:
You know what, I have an interesting prediction.

Based on the loitering information, MAPPA handle the 1st episode and Madhouse handle the 2nd episode. The story on both episode take setting at different timeline. And both of them is unfinished.

So, the idea is MAPPA handle the current timeline, the odd episodes, where Takt already used with his life as Conductor and Madhouse handle the past timeline, the even episodes, where Takt learning his new ability and adapting to Cosette's new form as Destiny.
Its the other way around, madhouse did the first episode, and mappa did this one. They will also most likely just alternate (madhouse doing the odd episode, while mappa doing the even ones)

animejas said:
The characters in this series have got to be some of the blandest and lacking in terms of chemistry that I've seen this season. Visually a bit better than the previous episode which I was mixed on, apparent that MAPPA was more involved with this episode. Still don't love the designs though. This is one of the weakest shows of the season so far, just nothing really to bite into and the music and how it ties in to the whole series isn't that compelling either.
Uhmmm interesting, you are the first person i have seen saying that the visuals was actually better than the first episode. I dont agree at all, but i do respect it.
Oct 12, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2020
MomoSinX said:
dtrfs said:

It was actually explained in the first episode. The stone is probably from one of the "good" meteors that gives these powers. How Cosette got her hands on something like that is yet to be explained.

ahhh.. you might be right. I forgot about that meteors thing

Oct 12, 2021 11:43 AM
Feb 2021
The show is a 6/10 so far.
Oct 12, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2021
Such a good episode! Got me way more excited about the show more than the first episode. It was really nice to see the pre-musicart Cosette. She is so sweet. Definitely intrigued to find out more about the necklace and how she acquired it. Her sister didn't seem shocked when Cosette turned to a musicart, so I wonder if they already knew or something? It's a good storyline to keep me hooked. The visuals are stunning as well as the music. Great show overall, thus far.
Oct 12, 2021 11:58 AM
Apr 2015
Great episode, love the music. I have some questions but I believe they will receive an answer soon
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.