Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2016 6:25 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda disappointed in the ending. I don't mind that the love was still left unrequited. It just wasn't a very funny/interesting episode compared to the rest of the season.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 6, 2016 10:54 AM
Apr 2015
annoying ending, still it was a nice and cute anime.
Jan 29, 2017 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
That was somewhat bittersweet when Anzu was cheering for Tsucida, I know it's just a crush, but that really showed maturity in Anzu, it's almost as if she knew she had no chance, had one last sweet dream with Tsucchi then decided to give up on her love to support her loved one.

The show was really adorable, really enjoyable to watch despite a few weird parts like Sakura hooking up with her teacher at such young age and got pregnant when she was still in high school. I also like the animation in this one, it looked really fluid and not rigid.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 15, 2017 9:33 AM
Jul 2015
I just cant stand to see this such lovely anime to an end. I will missed those adorable being, anzu, hii, koume, hinagiku :'(
Jun 14, 2017 1:29 AM
Jun 2017
Too be completely honest I feel like the last episode was kind of a let down. The flashbacks with Tsuchida and Sakura kind off threw me off for they entire show, every time a flashback came I grit my teeth a little. It was always implied that Tsuchida had feelings for Sakura. They missed a real character development point. I'm sure when Sakura told Tsuchida she was in love with someone else. In response he showed no emotion towards that statement. Especially when he sees the painting I'm sure he had no feeling of remorse for letting Sakura go. I honestly should have rated this anime a little higher either an 8-9 but in light of the previously descussed I can only give it a 6-7
Jul 30, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2009
This show was so sweet I am going to get diabetes.

I hoped for a better ending, but was not surprised. Yamamoto is denser than a neutron star.
“They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What’s blood for, if not for shedding? With my hook for a hand, I’ll split you from your groin to your gullet.” - Candyman
Sep 18, 2018 2:00 PM

Nov 2016
Very nice show, had a lot of fun, but the lukewarm ending turned the potential 8 into a 7.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see the girls grown up version although it's just a dream lol. But I actually like the last few episodes. Glad that I finished this series but I don't expect Anzu to cheer up Tsucchi

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 30, 2019 9:40 PM

Mar 2016
Re-watched: This anime has been on my mind here and there ever since finishing it some time ago. I couldn't shake this feeling that there was something special about it, and this second watch confirmed it without a doubt. It's cute and heartwarming but also a bit sad, a nice balance of emotions that I didn't expect to see/experience in an anime like this, but would really like to see more of.

I also think the different, and very well made, EDs helped to give the experience a unique feeling.
syncrogazerMay 1, 2019 7:35 AM
Oct 7, 2020 11:53 AM
Jun 2016
I've noticed that Sakura (Anzu's mom) is wearing a cross necklace (and also Yamamoto later in the episode). I mean, they're celebrating Christmas and all. But I just found that interesting since Christianity in Japan is a minority religion.

I'm not really a huge fan of the aged-up scenes in this anime, but the one in this episode isn't that bad. I think it's cool that we see the kindergarten teachers in that scene. I also find it interesting that Hiiragi's aged-up form has more detailed eyes compared to her as a kindergartener. Any reasons why she's depicted like that?

Aw, aged-up Anzu didn't recognize Koume and Hiiragi. Well, at least she felt like she has met them before.

Is the bus driver supposed to be Yamamoto? Lol.

Thinking about it, I think the reason why the aged-up scenes kind of weird me out is because their adult forms' faces are still quite similar to their kindergartener counterparts (except for Hiiragi). Well, mostly Anzu since she appears more. I mean, I get it that it's just an anime and it's not like they could add more details. Oh well.

The first part definitely felt kind of like a finale. Usually, anime would try to do something different for its last episode in the season. For this one, the first part felt like a departure since usually, the aged-up scenes are only there for a short gag. Although this one kind of felt like too much of a departure? I don't know. Still kind of makes sense since it's a slice of life anime, and I don't think that requires too much build-up.

Tsuchida not understanding art, lol. I bet he'd understand it more if the art was about FAT ANIME TIDDIES.

Isn't there a continuity error here? In remember in one episode, Tsuchida did like Sakura. I guess he just completely moved on that he didn't really react that much when his co-workers asked him.

The part where Tsuchida runs to confess to Yamamoto with an insert song playing was actually kind of unexpected. Mostly because I felt like in a previous episode, the confession scene there was already "the big confession scene" and therefore, I shouldn't really expect one in the final episode (to be honest, you'd still kind of expect it). And also the fact that I think this anime is more of a slice of life focused than romance.

Ok, the singer in this episode's ED is actually impressive. She actually sounded like a child.

Yeah, I think this anime is meant to have more than one season. It feels like some characters would have been given a bigger role if a second season existed. I'm thinking mostly of Satsuki, Hinagiku and the mob, Mayumi, and Hanamaru.

Welp, I guess I'll eventually pick up this anime's manga, even though I'm more of an anime person.
Apr 2, 2021 9:12 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode, I liked the older Anzu dream lol. Older Hiiragi and Koume was nice to see as well. Unexpected Tsuchida x Anzu kiss too.

Second half with Tsuchida confession was, ehh. I would have liked for it to be a successful attempt, but he failed for the plot I guess.

Fun series, was in and out. But glad I finished this.

7/10
Aug 29, 2021 3:25 PM

Aug 2017
I'm annoyed with the 'confession'. I get Yamamoto is naive but that was stupid lol.

This anime was meh for the most part. I like some episodes but sometimes Hanamaru Youchien has no idea what it wants to be. And I found Anzu 'love' kinda creepy rather than innocent. 5/10 for the anime.

Also, no S2 after +10 years so another anime without a proper ending.
NurguburuAug 29, 2021 3:38 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 2022
[SPOILERS!]

Tsuchida confessed to Nanako Yamamoto towards the end of the manga and she accepted it. Sadly Nanako moved back to her hometown kindergarten, so it's a long distance relationship. She told Anzu to keep an eye on Tsuchi to not cheat on her...
Sep 30, 2022 12:00 AM

Sep 2018
I'm a little disappointed, went in expecting a pure wholesomeness childcare anime, instead, got an annoying running gag with a shrilled voiced kindergartener going after her teacher for majority of it all. Everything else was pretty nice, save the other creepy undertone (Teacher/schoolgirl pregnancy) and how they played it off without a care in the world. Bitter aftertaste is a good way to describe this anime, looks innocent and wholesome at first, but deep down, there's more to it than just that. 5/10.
Nov 20, 2022 1:57 PM

Mar 2020
Great anime overall, the last episode was ass though.
Complete deviation of the episode format just to tell a story about a 5 year old imagining herself in skimpy clothes and with big boobs. Really.
Boring middle part and return of the overused joke about Yamamoto sensei being dense combined with denying a happy ending to Tsuchida and Anzu.
Should've just ended the anime with an episode about a day at school and I couldn't have asked for more.
Still, one bad episode is not enough for me to lower my score, I give this an 8/10.
Dec 12, 2022 10:25 AM

Jun 2021
It's a nice ending episode, although I somehow expected some closure when it comes to Tsuchida-sensei and Yamamoto-sensei, whether they ended up dating or not; same with Yamamoto-sensei's younger sister and Hanamaru-sensei.

I guess it's a pretty open ending that gives the feeling that life goes on the same and well for all of them. I don't know if they were planning on a second season and that's why they opted for that sort of ending or simply decided that it was best. I humbly give the whole anime series a 6 out of 10.

On a side note, I found Anzu-chan's dream on Christmas Eve to be a little odd yet somehow cute, and I'm happy that she was able to finally picture herself with Tsuchida-sensei, even if everything was imaginary.
ToroyashiDec 12, 2022 10:30 AM
Jan 2, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2020
took me three weeks to finish this between mid dec 2022 to january 3 2023 it gives me a feeling of blast from the past I dunno why probably because it was more than a decade anyway I love this anime and I'm glad I saw it on youtube and decided to give it a try and to my surprise it was mixed of awkward to funny and wholesome at the same time, it feels like an end of an era after I finished it nostalgia really hits hard I guess 
Aug 26, 2023 3:27 PM

Aug 2019
blyah. well at least best girl got a kiss... kinda?
cute show though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 10:09 AM
Mar 2014
Absolutely enjoyed the show to bits. The fuzziness and warmth I felt as the show went on just washed away all my worries. Recommended.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 14, 2010

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

62 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

63 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.