Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2010 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can't get much from the Brocon thing.. but overall nice episode, even when it calmed down a bit. I liked the additional plaits at the girls :)
Tsucchi being called Lolicon at the shrine came unexpected.
Feb 21, 2010 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
-This is where I leave my shame of being a Clannad fan-

I honestly thought it was going to be one of those scenes where Tsuchi would confess his love to Yamamoto and the fireworks would block it out, but I guess he's not that far enough yet that the Watanagashi Festival would kill his chance.
HawthorneKittyFeb 21, 2010 2:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2010 2:43 PM

Nov 2008
I really wanted to feel the magic from Satsuki but I didn't.

All in all, good episode but the next one looks much faster paced for more comedy.
Feb 21, 2010 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
Uh, WTF was with the ED this week?

No matter how much this show is not like Gainax, somehow it still manages to be Gainax.
Feb 21, 2010 4:20 PM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Okazaki is not amused by your comment.

This is one of the silliest things I heard on the forums in the past... 5 hours. Excellent anime, end of story; unless it's After Story, amiright?
Feb 21, 2010 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Maximatum99 said:
HawthorneKitty said:

Okazaki is not amused by your comment.

This is one of the silliest things I heard on the forums in the past... 5 hours. Excellent anime, end of story; unless it's After Story, amiright?

No, you're not.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Feb 21, 2010 4:54 PM

Nov 2008
Yo, BitchMaster, I'm just sayin that Clannad is good but After Story is better. You disagree?
Feb 21, 2010 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
i liked the new ending....everything else was amusing too.
Feb 21, 2010 7:10 PM

Nov 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Yo, BitchMaster, I'm just sayin that Clannad is good but After Story is better. You disagree?

I agree! Of course, it is all opinion in the end, so nobody give me no smack about mine. (^.^)
Anyhoot, good episode i guess, but i personally thought it could of been a lot better. Not that many funny moments, and his sister occupies a majority of the show again. At least she is starting to grow on me, but it doesn't look like we will be seeing much more of her now. (>.>)
Feb 21, 2010 7:23 PM

Feb 2010
I thought it was a good episode. It felt really short though.. Poor Satsuki can't get much closer with her Bro. Tsuchi is still too soft.. soft manz.

And wtf is with that ending? lol

Next episode looks like its gonna be crazy again xD
Feb 21, 2010 8:22 PM

May 2009
Too bad Tsuchi is only popular with kids and kid sisters. Looks like more of the same next week.

Loved the ED.
Feb 21, 2010 11:10 PM
Jun 2008
ep.7

time for summer break so anzu's mom say go place where & tsuchi grew up for summer vacation
anzu invite yamamoto to the place too
on the train talk honeymoon & lol tsuchi water out of his mouth, sneeze, etc
walking a field of sunflowers & tsuchi carry the luggage
tsuchi's sister excite her brother coming home & anzu-hii koume stare at toad
tsuchi's mom ask about betrohal money, engagement, & marriage with calling tsuchi "naozumi-san"?!
nighttime sparkle fireworks so morning go the lake lol hii-fish & yamamoto & anzu' mom & yep tsuchi stare at yamamoto again?!
tsuchi & anzu's mom talk about history in the past & tsuchi got punch & splash
after talking of the past tsuchi take a jump

tsuchi's sister was talking to tsuchi till hii got a mantis
tsuchi's sister make lots of food all for a surprise
so dinner time the food taste good & tsuchi askin who made the food & all his guessing are wrong till pwn'd by his sister
tsuchi got pwn'd again cause anzu-hii-koume mention things tsuchi did
later in the night tsuchi's sister look at her paper then anzu knock to go for the restroom & talk about tsuchi
next day it's festival time & lol at anzu's wish saying while got stare at yamamoto & upset sister run away
another past memory between tsuchi & his sister
then after remember that past tsuchi found his sister & talk about the food the night before
fireworks tsuchi try to get yamamoto but anzu & his sister jump him

ed vid seem decent with old movie showing, anzu on piano, etc very old school style

next ep we get a fishmonger (what is that?) & anzu's rival & lol on the hanamaru claw game
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 21, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2009
So Tsuchi did love Sakura in the past..hmm..hmm

Somehow i think i won't show this series for my children..
We got Teacher x Student and Brother's complex..

Hiiragi on her fish suit is so funny
Feb 22, 2010 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know why people think of something bad about this episode but clearly it was good. Good amount of fan service though not as much as last episode.....of course Yamamoto
> Sakura
on the breast department.
Hiiragi swimsuit is a win once again=>
The Yukata as much I like them with all three kids think that Anzu's was the best...dangerous red=>
but in the other yukatas I cannot say Sakura's was good..only Satsuki's and Yamamoto's were good enough to my eyes=>
In any case this episode is winner for Sakura's GIF time for me=>

I choked so hard in my laugh here it was too much=>
Well Tsuchida's parents were nice looking and kind=>
Also the misunderstanding was totally funny but the bethrotal money thing would benefit more Tsuchida's family since I think Yamamoto's family is richer. Gnocchi's were nice but Tsuchida was stupid not to realize it was from Satsuki...made her sure angry! Tsuchida is really airhead and another major laugh here..Tsuchida is too shy=>
So apart from frogs/toads was it not dangerous for Hiiragi to grab that mantis=>
Very nice dresses..Hiiragi's must be the best one=>
A good proof that Satsuki is too much into her brother with her sudden sigh relief here=>
Some cute moments of Satsuki....where the best one is in the past=>
End picture whoever wants it=>
Overall even if Satsuki has a brother complex....their past was a reflection of it. Sakura's past was a good affirmation of Tsuchida loving seriously Sakura and of Sakura having love for older men than her. Those are translation for those who want to know the French stuff at the end=>
Hey! Stop yourself!

Attention! It is him the culprit!

New Harold Tribute, who wants the New Harold Tribute?

Almost as much as Ahiru-chan and Usagi-chan.

Say dear, you adore me, not true (it can mean also something like "is that not so")

I am dying of hunger. What can I eat at noon?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 22, 2010 10:45 AM

Dec 2007
Satsuki has a serious brother complex and it never ceases to amuse me.
Feb 22, 2010 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Hiiragi~~~!!!! Hii-chan fishy was adorable~!

Tsuchi is a tremendous coward [and clueless] though. =P If he doesn't confess undying love to Yamamoto-sensei by the end of the series, I may actually get a little angry. ^_^;;;
And I guess this means he really was in love with Sakura as a child? That's what I sorta got from the flashback....

^_^ This episode was great~
Feb 22, 2010 12:31 PM
Dec 2007
Extremely funny and well-directed episode. This series doesn't stop to amaze me, it's becoming better minute by minutes. And the ED was the best yet too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 22, 2010 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode again, i really like Satsuki, i want a sister like her^^
Feb 22, 2010 1:18 PM

May 2008
It was hilarious when they bullied Tsuchida on the train XD
The rest of the episode were also enjoyable and I liked the ending.
Satsuki is really trying her best, I also want a sister like her...even if she becomes annoying sometimes...
Feb 22, 2010 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
Satsuki is a cute little imouto :)

Pretty good episode, I think. This series, for me, ranges from fresh to cliche every other episode, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 22, 2010 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Quite sad about the amount of "not like this episode as much".

I loved it and thought it was the best so far. I think the clothing outfits and all of the immense cuteness everywhere is probably what did it for me.

Feb 22, 2010 5:16 PM

May 2008
Loved this week's ED, even though I couldn't figure out why on earth they had a hanamarued version of Godard's À Bout de souffle playing in the background… now where did that come from?! XD
Feb 22, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2009
Because they're freaking Gainax. They're weird like that.
Feb 22, 2010 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
haha ... cute episode =D as usual

Feb 23, 2010 12:32 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
And the ED was the best yet too.
YES!

I really liked this series at the beginning, but I'm getting to the point where the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing a cool new ED each time...

:/
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 23, 2010 2:44 AM

Jun 2009
Nice to see some character developement between Tsuchi and Satsuki. I hope we will see her more in the upcoming episodes. ^^
Feb 23, 2010 3:38 AM

May 2008
I thought it was a good episode. It felt really short though.. Poor Satsuki can't get much closer with her Bro. Tsuchi is still too soft.. but he still cares ofr satsuki

And wtf is with that ending? lol

Next episode looks like its gonna be crazy again xD
Feb 23, 2010 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
I hardly watch any Op or Ed, but i have to say that this time i watched until the end... very nice ending.
Feb 23, 2010 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
Decent episode. Didn't like the second half as much.
Satsuki still fails to win me over. Although she was a really cute kid in the flashback.
Maybe I'm just not a fan of characters w/ onii-chan complexes.

I really like this week's ED song.
Feb 23, 2010 7:11 PM

Mar 2009
Cute episode... Come on Tsuchi.. GET MORE BRAVER! ;) I wonder if Yamamato-sensei likes him... just can't tell him either... nor can he... (think a certain You're Under Arrest couple)... anyway, more funny episode ahead.. --- Randy
Feb 23, 2010 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
Buddy who yelled "LOLICON!" at the shrine made me laugh
Feb 23, 2010 9:25 PM

Oct 2009
Demon_Acker said:
Finally someone who mentions that....yeah I heard right then.....there is someone who yells lolicon and Tsuchida just runs away......

Feb 24, 2010 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
Demon_Acker said:
Finally someone who mentions that....yeah I heard right then.....there is someone who yells lolicon and Tsuchida just runs away......

FRANCIS! Someone in the very first post did that :'< :D
But I found this scene unfitting, because Anzu yelled out she wanted to marry Tsucchi or sth., nothing of that implies Tsuchida actually wants it - for a stranger.
Feb 24, 2010 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
francismeunier said:
Demon_Acker said:

FRANCIS! Someone in the very first post did that :'< :D
But I found this scene unfitting, because Anzu yelled out she wanted to marry Tsucchi or sth., nothing of that implies Tsuchida actually wants it - for a stranger.
Let's assume the guy was jealous and a lolicon himself who yelled out...logically that would be right.

Feb 27, 2010 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
Filleraol said:
Somehow I just started thinking of that Schroeder guy from Peanuts when I saw the ED :P

Lol that's the first thing that popped in my mind too
Feb 27, 2010 5:05 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Demon_Acker said:
Filleraol said:
Somehow I just started thinking of that Schroeder guy from Peanuts when I saw the ED :P
Lol that's the first thing that popped in my mind too
me too!! I can't believe I forgot to mention that before.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 27, 2010 5:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
next episode looks like we get a new moe bomb.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 28, 2010 12:10 AM

Sep 2008
Love the ED, they portrayed Anzu as Schroeder from Peanuts.
Feb 28, 2010 10:12 AM
Jun 2009
it was good, the first part was fun...second it was just ok.... but overall still likeable xD
Mar 1, 2010 8:02 PM

Nov 2006
Satsuki and Tsuchi remind me of my brother and me. It gave me a weird feeling to have it feel so close to what we have. I definitely have a brocon, and he's pretty good at reading me, but still manages to piss me off at least once every time he visits. :)

Hiiragi's "polygamy is punishable by law" line at the beginning was hilarious.
Mar 3, 2010 11:42 PM

Dec 2007
It was good, but Anzu annoyed me a bit. Moar Nanako!
Mar 16, 2010 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
This episode is really ambiguous. I'm wondering whether Tsuchida had liked Sakura..especially since he blushed a couple of times in the flashback. :3
Mar 19, 2010 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
For me this episode was all about the comedy and character relations. I think it hit a good note with Satsuki as far as understandings go.
Mar 31, 2010 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
Sigh, I want an Onii-chan.
Apr 3, 2010 10:12 AM

Jun 2009
Hiragi as fresh water fish cuteeee
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 7, 2010 7:14 AM

Mar 2009
That was funny a bit weak though.

Apr 7, 2010 10:42 AM

Mar 2009
That was funny a bit weak though.

Apr 7, 2010 11:36 PM

May 2008
DAT JAZZ.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 17, 2010 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
Satsuki was really cute in this episode too!!!
Jan 28, 2011 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
Did anyone else notice the incredibly dirty looking gesture Tsuchida displays, acting from embarrassment as he tries to explain how Sakura was the neighborhood boss and would drag him everywhere back in their past? I mean you even hear Anzu's voice there! Funniest highlight of the episode, couldn't stop laughing! xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 28, 2010

118 by ShinXShinra »»
Jan 16, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 14, 2010

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

62 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.