Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 8, 2013 5:59 AM

Jul 2013
Central forces threw grenade at the ammo truck.....mission failed.
Aug 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Jul 2013
I am not gonna rate these episode anymore as good,great or well-done, cuz all of them perfect...
Things getting pretty exciting.
I wonder what happened to Wrath??Death or smt else..
Sep 6, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2011
achmed-sama said:
I am not gonna rate these episode anymore as good,great or well-done, cuz all of them perfect...
Things getting pretty exciting.
I wonder what happened to Wrath??Death or smt else..

If we haven't seen him die...he's not dead. With 14 episodes left I'm sure he'll come back in to complicate people's lives in some way.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 26, 2013 5:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Maria with all her short haired hawtness is back. And so is Havoc. That was pretty cool.

Don't mess with the General. Ever! She's really something else and will probably be an important part in beating the Father/homunculi/military, specially when Wrath comes back (come on you know he will, don't you?)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2013
VERY COOL EPISODE FULL OF ACTION
Dec 6, 2013 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
olivier boss mode
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 28, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
its good to have Ross and Havoc back!

yeah kill all of them basterds Olivier!

lol at Ed's strategy
Dec 30, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2013
Miss Olivier shows no mercy, as it should be >:]
Mar 21, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2011
Solo-Maro said:
forever777me said:
ph423 said:
I'm late to discuss about this episode.
Has anyone noticed that Al could have killed Pride right on the spot while being inside the earth prison? He could have just used alchemy and transform all oxygen in something else, like ozone, which Pride couldn't breath. That would have killed him repetitively until he dies for real. If we count one minute per death, he would have died minimum 1440 times in the prison, at least. What do you think?

So true. And he could have prevented Pride from sending morse codes to Father.

Yes. I came back to this thread after re-warching this episode! Why didn't he kill him??? He even could have done something more brutal, like repeatedly beat him to death, seeing as how he's friggin armor!

Yeah because that wouldn't go against his character and morale. -.-

Glad to see Ross and Havoc back, I forgot about those guys lol. The dolls' scream was creepy. That's what I like about Armstrong nee-san, going for the kill, instead of the naivety (stupidity) of Ed (and Al).

Edit: I thought Van Hhh sounds like Kizaru, but no, he's Kidd.
ToG25thBaamMar 21, 2014 11:35 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 24, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
lol Ed? Dat scream! *-*
Jun 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Awesome to see Ross and Havoc play a role in the rebellion. Olivier is sexy and merciless when needed. The others are just too soft :P.

Great episode

Jun 11, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
Why do I feel like May's going to do something extremely stupid?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2012
I love that Olivier actually kills the little shits.

UM HOLY CRAP THAT END SCENE WAS VERY DISTURBING. Which means I loved it. The eyeball and souls screaming are way more original than the automatrons I assumed they would be

xchee said:

Cause she regular does stupid things and she's carrying the Jar of Doom
I like how she went "stones are bad, I must not wish for something like that" and then HEADS BACK TO CHECK OUT HOW IT CREATES IMMORTALITY, aka she knows there's gonna be a country wide sacrifice and now she's gonna see if she can gain from it
As for her excuse of saving the country, she's sure been sitting on her ass since time skip
NinahJun 11, 2014 7:37 PM
Jul 20, 2014 10:44 PM
Mar 2014
one of my favorite episodes so far loving the rebellion arc and what not. those screams though from those soldiers
Sep 21, 2014 5:44 PM

May 2009
Thank goodness it wasnt raining.

Awesome battles in Central.
Sep 26, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2014
Ugh! Now those nasty things are going to join the party. Don't remember liking any scenes with them in it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 3, 2014 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
xchee said:

^LOL waiting for that moment
Ahhhh... the battle is so awesome.
Yeah ice queen own them little puppies..
Those zombies.. ewww disgusting.
Dec 30, 2014 6:57 PM
May 2012
Creepy shits at the end O_O

ahxiian said:
xchee said:

^LOL waiting for that moment
Ahhhh... the battle is so awesome.
Yeah ice queen own them little puppies..
Those zombies.. ewww disgusting.

Yep.
Jul 26, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
wtf Al you dumb fuck
Jul 29, 2015 8:13 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, that was a creepy ending.

I loved the compilation of Mustang's men taking the city and all of his allies revealing themselves, especially when it got to Ross and Havoc. The OST there was awesome too!

Pride signaling father as to his location and predicament? Oh no... Al shouldn't have let him keep the stick and helmet.

That might have been my favorite episode of the series thus far.
jdimaria3Jul 29, 2015 8:17 PM
Oct 12, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
Roy and his army are really kind, making sure to not kill anyone.
Mira is also amazing!
I love Ed's faces LOL
Dec 17, 2015 4:14 PM
Nov 2014
DAMN... the return of Havoc and Ross was so goddamn perfectly staged. This episode is one of the better anime episodes I have seen in all years hahahaha.
Jan 7, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
Narration increasingly compelling and rich in twists, one of these is the strategy that is implementing Pride without moving, somewhat gruesome those mannequins, their cries put some fear. I expect a lot from this fight in Central City, given that the remaining episodes are still many, Mira is really ruthless, wow!
Feb 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Jan 2016
Pride was tapping out SOS in morse code to Father lol
i thought he was just bored as fuck
Jun 26, 2017 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Yay, Ross and Havoc have made their return!
The screech from the "immortal" bodies ... damn ...
Nov 1, 2017 9:35 AM
Nov 2017
I found this to be one of the best episodes in this series !
Mar 15, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2009
And now the battle begins in earnest.

Love the differences between Briggs and Mustang's forces. I'm with Briggs on this one, no mercy is sometimes the best course of action.
Jan 20, 2019 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
glad to see everyone reuniting for this battle, like maria and havoc
Jan 24, 2019 3:41 AM

Oct 2015
Briggs soldiers are something else... They won't hesitate to kill. I'm not very keen on that idea since the soldiers are only following orders but I guess some bloodshed is inevitable.

I loved Olivier's response to one of the generals, 'Who knows? Once this is all over, I might be a hero.' reminded of the quote 'History is always written by the winners.' which I think relates a lot to the events happening.

Kind of disappointed that Grumman is taking the risk-averse way though. He's taking the possibility that Mustang will fail and they'll be labeled as traitors into account and therefore not making any moves. I do get that it's the most beneficial move, all things considered but doesn't change the fact that it's cowardly.

Jan 30, 2019 5:47 AM
Jun 2014
If this was R rated I'd be down with seeing Al spend the whole time in there just beating up Pride. Hohenheim is definitely upto something. I guess since this is the last bunch of episodes, there's going to some deaths coming up. Please don't let it be Mustang.
Feb 17, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
The rebellion is on! Good to see many familiar faces! :D I think it was best episode so far.

That Pride, though... I think it's not just mere hitting Al's helmet with a branch to kill the time. Maybe it's a secret code, or signal written in Morse code, that can be somehow heard/read/whatever by Father? Anyway, it looks suspicious.
Mar 27, 2019 4:21 PM

Aug 2007
HAVOCCCCCCCCCC~! <3

Apr 2, 2019 3:04 AM

Dec 2007
From the first sec Pride tried to "open" the cave I realized he is trying to make a signal...
Apr 6, 2019 3:43 AM

May 2016
I loved watching the characters introduced throughout the series working together to overthrow the government. The operation's going really smoothly so far and that's usually not a good sign because the real challenge has yet to come but it's just so fun.

That fool activated the immortal army and they're pretty much alien zombies, yikes. Their screams were definitely horrifying.

It looks like Pride managed to deliver a message to Father using Morse Code, damn!

Jun 10, 2019 10:08 AM
Jul 2017
this was a fantastic episode bringing back old characters and getting into the heart of the much anticipated battle, but how can this stretch for 14 more episodes?
Sep 17, 2019 1:26 PM
Aug 2019
Mustang is causing chaos on Central
Nov 8, 2019 1:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Armstrong isn't joking at all, that headshot wow, awesome episode
Apr 6, 2020 4:41 PM

Feb 2020
it was so funny seeing all the soldiers realised the Mustang Crew were holding back and going easy on them LOL

ahhhh ross!! and havoc!! loving all these comebacks

was pride's tapping on the helmet like morse code for father???? oh al!

all those philosopher's stone oh my goodness that is scary. and the humanoids all screaming was chilling. something is going to backfire.

little end note
i'm wondering about two things: when will riza's back tattoo come into importance? and didn't the two chimera that saved ed take a philosopher's stone? where is it? (did i forget something lol or have they just not mentioned it since?)
Jul 2, 2020 11:45 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Mustang's unwillingness to kill the enemy soldiers does not fit with his character at all, nor does it make any sense in context of the situation (unlike his holding back on blowing things up, which makes more sense.) A soldier you shot and wounded might shoot back, dead soldiers can't. Also, not having sufficient ammunition moved in prior to the operation is above stupid. Logistics is what wins battles, not some idiotic 'survival of the fittest' super soldier wearing the wrong uniform for the location. Not to mention the fact that you can't triangulate the location of a signal while you are standing still, especially when it is a signal so faint modern technology would have no hope of locating it from a mile away, much less farther.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 27, 2020 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
Damn Olivier continues to show how badass she really is. Her plan along with Roy's just worked so well and some parts of it feel like very well thought of. Definitely one of the best episodes of the show
Sep 3, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2016
everything is going well! too well if you ask me :o

let's see what team immortal comes up with <3

Nov 13, 2020 5:35 AM

Jul 2017
Olivier was so badass and unforgiving there, and we see Maria and Jean Havoc back to assist Roy and the others with supplies for the war. They've outclassed the Amestrian soldiers so far at Central.

But Pride clearly using code to communicate with Father by hitting Al's helmet does ring some alarm bells for their plans as well as Ed and co's plans too. Good episode overall and start to the war arc.
Jan 11, 2021 1:31 PM

Aug 2017
Thanks God Olivier explained why the bad guys are losing so badly cuz I was getting very annoyed. Seriously, she needs more screentime. Best characters so far are Olivier, Roy and Izumi. The rest are trash or disappointing.

Opening is going to change in the next episode so lets stop here. This "season" was weak:

-Villains act just dumb
-They're deceived by our cast
-They eliminate/betray their own allies
-They get caught.
-The plot armor is so obvious at this point, this is supposedly something terrible and dangerous but someone like Marcoh is still alive at point.
-Envy and the plot device generic good people deceiving May was the dumbest idea ever made.
-The military conspiring with the Homunculi are very one-dimensional

I hope this anime has a decent ending cuz at this point I'm very disappointed.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 25, 2021 5:32 PM

Jul 2020
Pretty tense episode, One of the best episode so far.

I'm Glad Ross and Havoc are to their duty :D
Dec 9, 2021 10:12 AM
Nov 2020
love the contrast between seeing how Mustang and his men handles things in comparison to how Olivier and her men handles things. Mercy and no mercy xD
Mar 12, 2022 11:10 PM

Feb 2021
ep starts off with a bunch of one sided fights for the good guys, brings back more characters we haven't seen in 30 eps, the central government continues to make no sense, Envy's getting forced back into the story cuz he needs to die, and Al (quite literally) has no brain. The amount of plot armor in this show is atrocious
Jun 6, 2022 3:46 PM
Apr 2022
I know that pride is doing something with Alphonse's head
Oct 14, 2022 11:19 PM
Mar 2022
its one of the best anime i see in 2022 but the fights are not longers like 5 minutes thats its not what i like it but the main character and the story its the best
Nov 5, 2022 7:08 PM

Mar 2021
aSrxD1 said:
its one of the best anime i see in 2022 but the fights are not longer like 5 minutes that's its not what i like it but the main character and the story its the best

Honestly it's a nice switch up I like long fights as much as the next guy but seeing short style fights for once in a Shonen anime is pretty cool. If I want long fights I could just watch Naruto or One Piece but I'm watching FMAB so I don't mind it at all. The story is definitely one of the better aspects honestly better than some of my all time favorites like Chainsaw Man or even Attack on Titan (in some arcs).
Nov 5, 2022 7:11 PM

Mar 2021
Nurguburu said:
Thanks God Olivier explained why the bad guys are losing so badly cuz I was getting very annoyed. Seriously, she needs more screentime. Best characters so far are Olivier, Roy and Izumi. The rest are trash or disappointing.

Opening is going to change in the next episode so lets stop here. This "season" was weak:

-Villains act just dumb
-They're deceived by our cast
-They eliminate/betray their own allies
-They get caught.
-The plot armor is so obvious at this point, this is supposedly something terrible and dangerous but someone like Marcoh is still alive at point.
-Envy and the plot device generic good people deceiving May was the dumbest idea ever made.
-The military conspiring with the Homunculi are very one-dimensional

I hope this anime has a decent ending cuz at this point I'm very disappointed.

I can't say I agree with your criticisms for one the villains obviously have to act dumb or prideful they are literally the seven deadly sins. The plot armor isn't really plot armor, Scar is one of the strongest characters in the entire show he could go one on one with Bradely or Pride and stand a chance it's no wonder Marcoh is still alive. Your criticisms seem very pretentious; Envy deceiving May isn't a dumb decision she's like twelve years old. I do agree with your Oliveria point I think she's my favorite character in the show despite how little screen time she has had definitely deserved double the amount she received this season.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.