Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2021 2:47 PM

Dec 2016
Is it better to be in a relationship with someone you don't really love or care for much just for the sake of not being single, than simply being single? Is being single always the least desirable case?
Jun 7, 2021 2:50 PM

Jul 2019
idk if this is real, but I would like to believe that is it a general rule of thumb that forcing anything on someone tends to have a negative effect.
Jun 7, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2018
If you do not care about being in a relationship and getting into one would likely hinder your life goals, then it is safe to say being single is better.
Jun 7, 2021 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
It's based on the mind-set. Some people desire to be in a relationship and have a connection with a partner. Others are seen in a more negative light because they are considered loners for not desiring to have a connection. Part of it is based on the notion that they are unable or incapable of connecting, maybe due to being on the spectrum with autism and having below average social skills that make relationships with mature women work, but for the most part, people who are single, usually live more meaningful lives when they are just doing there own thing. In my case, I am more content not being tied into a relationship, but I still commit to things like martial arts so that I have somewhat of a social outlet, despite having below average social skills when it comes to forming relationships.
Jun 7, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
A relationship is a big responsibility, So if you don't care about the good stuff in a relationship, You'll only be left with the stuff you have to do (Doing favors, Checking in every now and then, Arguing, etc) For me, It's way too demanding just for calling yourself "taken"
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jun 7, 2021 9:02 PM

Jan 2020
I mean.. I would rather stay alone than be with someone I hate

Jun 8, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2016
It's better to be single than to be in a relationship that's slowly chipping away at your mental health. I know it's hard and you'll think that this was your last chance at getting to clap cheeks with someone, but that's never the case as long as you keep working on yourself.

It's not worth the apparent "status" you get for being technically taken, being in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship is a recipe for disaster.
Jun 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
Oh god no. Who would want to stay in a negative relationship because it's "better" than being alone? Couldn't be me.
Jun 8, 2021 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
It is worse to be single AFTER meeting the partner of your life.
Jun 8, 2021 9:00 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Being single is only worth it if you are young with many opportunities for happiness ahead of you and not utterly traumatized by past experiences. I had to swallow the black pill like a year ago. I can never be with the person I once loved, so there is no point in being single and waiting for miracles like the "love of my life" BS.
Jun 8, 2021 9:14 AM
Oct 2020
maybe in the future if you are a guy you just buy a sexrobot and if you are a gal you get bottled oxytocin
Jun 8, 2021 9:26 AM

Sep 2019
I wouldn’t be in a relationship with someone I don’t care about, it’d be such a pain in the ass lol.
Jun 8, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 2021
Being in a relationship takes most of your time and it’s a huge responsibility.
So yeah no.
Jun 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Mar 2020
No? Being single isn't bad? I don't know what makes you think it is.

I feel like being single is much better than being with someone you do not love/care for because the fact that "I don't love this person, and can't provide them with the care they need" guilt trap will always hang over your head.

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

45 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - May 3

28 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - May 1

55 by DesuMaiden »»
38 minutes ago

» MLB fans, share information with each other!

-YUMMY- - 1 hour ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
40 minutes ago

» What is the weather like in your region

ST63LTH - May 1

22 by Serafos »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.