Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2021 2:17 AM
Jan 2021
Yo, don't get me wrong I think both of the Steins gate Series should be rated 9 or 10 but I personally think that Steins gate 0 is better than Steins Gate am I the only one who thinks so? For me Steins gate 0 was more fire because of the knowledge from the original series. Can you relate?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2021 2:48 AM
Mar 2019
Can't relate. 0 doesn't have an inch of the visual charm Hamasaki put into the original. More, character interactions get more marginal in the main narrative, so most of the cast is there, but with no specific role and just tries to represent ideas that were already completely explored in the original series. I still think 0 is a pretty entertaining thriller, but the original is just on another level
Apr 15, 2021 2:50 AM

Mar 2020
Can't say it's better but it's just as good.
Apr 15, 2021 3:00 AM
Jul 2019
Steins Gate 0 is an amazing sequel but it doesn't come close to the original.
Apr 15, 2021 3:09 AM
Jun 2020
I personally agree, I think 0 was a much more interesting show because of the way it handled human psychology over something abstract like time travel. However, I can see why many people would disagree and favour the original.
Apr 15, 2021 3:12 AM
Dec 2020
Can’t say it’s better but it definitely had some better moments. Steins gate had 14 episodes solely focused on mayuri dying and okabe failing (obviously more happened but it can be boiled down to this) I throughly enjoyed this but admittedly I wanted them to spend maybe a bit less time on it as it took but a vast majority of the show and got a bit repetitive . 0 gets to focus on many more concepts with an already developed and established characters and doesn’t have to spend much time establishing the world, time travel or characters . But overall I’ll always choose the original series, there was more dere.
Tldr; 0 has too little Dere and because of that it’s bad. 1/5
said the lolicon bastard
Apr 15, 2021 4:45 AM
Oct 2020
That’s what I thought at the beginning but you have to think about it
Apr 15, 2021 5:18 AM
Apr 2020
I enjoyed 0 more because it has more slice of life elements
Apr 15, 2021 5:39 AM

Jan 2021
It was good but not better imo.
Apr 15, 2021 5:42 AM
Dec 2020
As a whole, no. The ending, yes
Apr 15, 2021 6:01 AM
Mar 2021
Unpopular opinion here, I actually hated 0 for some reasons, like 0 interesting new characters, mayuri's ridiculous "development" and the new Okabe (which is actually understandable tho), the only thing I enjoyed and maybe found better was the ending, just google a little and find out why SG0 sucks
Apr 15, 2021 6:26 AM
Sep 2019
I honestly can't say one is better than the other. I watched the entire season one first and found the ending a bit too happy, like easy, but then I watched Steins gate zero and came to really came to appreciate the ending of season 1. So in conclusion, love them both.
Apr 15, 2021 10:40 AM
Apr 2020
Code08 said:
Can't relate. 0 doesn't have an inch of the visual charm Hamasaki put into the original. More, character interactions get more marginal in the main narrative, so most of the cast is there, but with no specific role and just tries to represent ideas that were already completely explored in the original series. I still think 0 is a pretty entertaining thriller, but the original is just on another level

Sinbad_Echidna said:
Yo, don't get me wrong I think both of the Steins gate Series should be rated 9 or 10 but I personally think that Steins gate 0 is better than Steins Gate am I the only one who thinks so? For me Steins gate 0 was more fire because of the knowledge from the original series. Can you relate?

And the endings don’t even compare. The original had such an emotional and perfect ending, with an impossible choose for the MC. Zero attempted a similar type of ending but it ended up being really convoluted, and sort of forgot some of the important rules that made the first great.
Apr 15, 2021 10:44 AM

Dec 2020
I don't think it even needed a real reason to exist other than make money, so no.
Apr 15, 2021 2:20 PM
Jan 2021
Although 0 was good, it can’t compare to the original. They tried to add on to a plot that had already been completely solidified. The result was extremely far fetched and had too many plot holes. Also the op wasn’t as good.
Apr 15, 2021 3:24 PM

May 2016
Tomthegreat784 said:
Although 0 was good, it can’t compare to the original. They tried to add on to a plot that had already been completely solidified. The result was extremely far fetched and had too many plot holes. Also the op wasn’t as good.

What are those plotholes?
-
Apr 15, 2021 8:56 PM
Jan 2021
I like both steins gate and steins gate 0 , so for me both are best in their place, and stop Comparing animes with their parts, it's spread negativity
Apr 15, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2020
Nope. I think the OG steins;gate is much better

Apr 15, 2021 9:01 PM

Jul 2020
1000 times hell no, I thought this was trash.

There is no Kurisu. All that needs to be said, and that crappy excuse in a substitue, Amadeus doesn't count
Apr 15, 2021 10:20 PM
Mar 2021
In my opinion,i watched both Stein's:gate and 0 in a week but i didn't like 0 that much,the ending wasn't satisfying and i think steins gate is way better than 0
Apr 15, 2021 11:03 PM
Jan 2021
The only reason why I didn’t think 0 was as good because they repeated the helicopter scene like 3 times, it was a little annoying. But they also feel very different. I think original SG was better, but I connect to 0 more on a personal level.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 16, 2021 9:23 PM
May 2020
For me I kinda have to go towards 0 even tho the original was still amazing. Reason is as much as I loved okabe in the original (he was a 9/10 for me) him in 0 was just amazing. He actually feels exactly like someone in his situation would act. He drops the persona and has to deal with real ptsd and depression and it was done amazingly imo. Also *spoilers btw* the return of hououin kyouma for me might be my
favorite moment in anime. It felt so perfect in every way that I've rewatched so many times. Aside from okabe characters like daru and mayori are both better in 0 imo
Apr 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Apr 2020
I enjoyed 0 but the original is still better for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2021 9:32 PM

Feb 2020
Sinbad_Echidna said:

I kind of agree. While I wouldn't say better exactly, but still steins gate 0 was more impactful for me compared to steins gate. Especially how it ended and how it connects to original was jaw dropping
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 17, 2021 1:40 AM

Feb 2021
Tomthegreat784 said:

They wanted to give an explanation of the video message from Okabe in 2025. It would've always sat in people's minds for eternity had they not explored that.

For me, both S;G and S;G 0 are a complete package. They're both 10s in my book, and I treat them as a single entity. A wholesome story albeit sad, tragic, and crushing, yet still hopeful and beautiful.
Apr 17, 2021 3:55 PM

Aug 2020
I thought sg 0 could've been so much better than steins gate if they did it more well but I still liked sg 0 a lot but I don't think it's better.
Apr 17, 2021 5:44 PM
Nov 2016
Nah, Steins;Gate 0 was garbage, doesn't come close to the OG Steins;Gate which is a masterpiece IMHO.
Apr 17, 2021 8:26 PM

Jun 2015
It's nowhere as good as the original series let alone better.
Apr 19, 2021 12:42 AM

Feb 2021
xZabuzax said:
Nah, Steins;Gate 0 was garbage, doesn't come close to the OG Steins;Gate which is a masterpiece IMHO.

S;G 0 explores Okabe's mental decline further and enhances his character to levels beyond just the main S;G. It gives a wholesome, clear picture of the fall and rise of his persona and the limits which he continues to break in order to save the ones he loves. Without this story we wouldn't have an explanation of the 2025 message. Calling it garbage while loving the original is confusing to me. But I guess that's your opinion..
Apr 19, 2021 1:06 AM
Nov 2016
TSTO said:
S;G 0 explores Okabe's mental decline further and enhances his character to levels beyond just the main S;G. It gives a wholesome, clear picture of the fall and rise of his persona and the limits which he continues to break in order to save the ones he loves. Without this story we wouldn't have an explanation of the 2025 message. Calling it garbage while loving the original is confusing to me. But I guess that's your opinion..

Steins;Gate 0 was too childish for my taste, the OG Steins;Gate was a dark mature anime, at least on the 2nd half (my type of anime) but Steins;Gate 0 had childish things I've never expected to see from Steins;Gate and the biggest offender was episode 18 which completely killed that anime for me with crappy things like Kagari killing dozens of trained soldiers all by herself, slashing heads off with her bare hands, dodging bullets from machine guns in the middle of the battlefield and to top it off, the animation was horrendous and it doesn't stop here, we also have Samurais killing soldiers with swords when they are shooting at you with machine guns, what is this? is this Steins;Gate or a shounen anime? I didn't sign for this type of crap when I was watching Steins;Gate 0, way too childish for me man.

I know that the OG Steins;Gate had something a bit similar in episode 13 with Suzuha defeating the SERN thugs, I didn't like it either but at least I can invent excuses for this one and that scene only lasted 3 seconds at best, plus we've learned in episode 20 that those SERN thugs were untrained random guys with mental issues, they probably didn't knew how to use a gun either so I can see why Suzuha was able to defeat them, it was still bad but I can at least invent excuses for this scene and let that one pass but in Steins;Gate 0 those scenes are a lot longer and way more retarded because we actually have people dodging bullets in the middle of the battlefield and even slashing heads off with their bare hands with horrendous animation, that was the icing in the cake for me.

Plus Okabe was boring, the story never went anywhere either and only started going somewhere in the last couple of episodes, the villains are extremey bad and cringey, etc...

Let's just say those are not my only complaints about Steins;Gate 0, my complaints are plenty but I did loved episode 8 though, it was an awesome episode but as a whole, that anime was garbage and way too childish for me.
xZabuzaxApr 19, 2021 1:16 AM
Apr 19, 2021 2:56 AM

Feb 2021
xZabuzax said:
TSTO said:

Steins;Gate 0 was too childish for my taste, the OG Steins;Gate was a dark mature anime, at least on the 2nd half (my type of anime) but Steins;Gate 0 had childish things I've never expected to see from Steins;Gate and the biggest offender was episode 18 which completely killed that anime for me with crappy things like Kagari killing dozens of trained soldiers all by herself, slashing heads off with her bare hands, dodging bullets from machine guns in the middle of the battlefield and to top it off, the animation was horrendous and it doesn't stop here, we also have Samurais killing soldiers with swords when they are shooting at you with machine guns, what is this? is this Steins;Gate or a shounen anime? I didn't sign for this type of crap when I was watching Steins;Gate 0, way too childish for me man.

I know that the OG Steins;Gate had something a bit similar in episode 13 with Suzuha defeating the SERN thugs, I didn't like it either but at least I can invent excuses for this one and that scene only lasted 3 seconds at best, plus we've learned in episode 20 that those SERN thugs were untrained random guys with mental issues, they probably didn't knew how to use a gun either so I can see why Suzuha was able to defeat them, it was still bad but I can at least invent excuses for this scene and let that one pass but in Steins;Gate 0 those scenes are a lot longer and way more retarded because we actually have people dodging bullets in the middle of the battlefield and even slashing heads off with their bare hands with horrendous animation, that was the icing in the cake for me.

Plus Okabe was boring, the story never went anywhere either and only started going somewhere in the last couple of episodes, the villains are extremey bad and cringey, etc...

Let's just say those are not my only complaints about Steins;Gate 0, my complaints are plenty but I did loved episode 8 though, it was an awesome episode but as a whole, that anime was garbage and way too childish for me.

Thank you for the detailed response. I respect your opinion :)

For me what made S;G 0 memorable and enjoyable was being able to see a side of Okabe that completely abandoned his old self due to the despair that was engulfing his mind. The trauma he experienced and his failure crushed his soul. As a person who suffers from trauma and depression myself, I identified with him on a deeper level in this season. That's not to take away anything from original S;G, I loved his character there too, and his shenanigans personality was a lot of fun and quite hilarious, and his agony was real there too. But his maturity level increased tenfold in S;G 0 within a matter of a few months after the tragedy that isn't yet solved before SG ep24. The lengths he ends up going towards the end to reach his objective are insane. It made me respect him a lot more even though people suffered for a very long time until he came to his senses, but without his 'awakening' so to speak and final operation Skuld, the great ending of the first series wouldn't be possible.

Another thing that I absolutely enjoyed is the once again fantastic musical score. B-messenger is flawless in all its forms. The strings quartet version is so deep. It really complemented the complexity of this series and the depths of how far one must reach in order to succeed. Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 both feature such amazing tracks that I really can't say anything else compares in this regard for me. My dad's a musician and I grew up around music all my life so maybe that's why it has such a profound effect on me and in everything I enjoy.

Daru in my opinion is much more developed in this season too. Again, lovely character in original S;G as well, but he really gets to shine in this one, with his 2010 and future self both. His character really grew on me here beyond his typical antics.

Maho is my favorite new character introduced and easily one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise. Plays really well off of Amadeus and is one of the reasons I purchased the S;G 0 VN which I've yet to get to (still working on Elite, I'm new to VNs). She's just a really good character in my honest opinion.

Mayuri's development is great too. Her involvement towards the later end of the season is very important and you can see the desperation in her to try to help more than ever before. She is an emotional being and works off of pure care for her loved ones.

I agree about episode 8 being fantastic, but I also think 21 was incredible and several other ones were very good.

I'm also happy to have gotten at least a small semblance of a 2036 future. Even if it was short lived.

Now of course there are some flaws but for me they didn't outweigh the positives of this series. Professor Reyes was pointless, Kagari was not explored deeply enough. What kind of training did she get to be able to fight that way? I agree with you that it was a bit farfetched, but I'll take the excuse that she was brainwashed to be a killing machine activated at the sound of a particular tune due to the future from which she came, where Leskinen had already begun the brainwashing experiment, and knowing how the future turns out via his future self sending him a message he continued his work in the present to make her into what she became.

There were about 3-4 episodes that really didn't add much to the story. Most of the other ones in my opinion while not all perfect all mostly had something to add to the plot in some way or another, even if small.

Leskinen was a funny and enjoyable character but a poor villain.

Overall though, at the end of it, the story adds so much for me to the ending of OG Steins;Gate that I am very happy it was made. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more once I play through the 0 VN.
Apr 19, 2021 3:35 AM
Nov 2016
TSTO said:
Thank you for the detailed response. I respect your opinion :)

For me what made S;G 0 memorable and enjoyable was being able to see a side of Okabe that completely abandoned his old self due to the despair that was engulfing his mind. The trauma he experienced and his failure crushed his soul. As a person who suffers from trauma and depression myself, I identified with him on a deeper level in this season. That's not to take away anything from original S;G, I loved his character there too, and his shenanigans personality was a lot of fun and quite hilarious, and his agony was real there too. But his maturity level increased tenfold in S;G 0 within a matter of a few months after the tragedy that isn't yet solved before SG ep24. The lengths he ends up going towards the end to reach his objective are insane. It made me respect him a lot more even though people suffered for a very long time until he came to his senses, but without his 'awakening' so to speak and final operation Skuld, the great ending of the first series wouldn't be possible.

Another thing that I absolutely enjoyed is the once again fantastic musical score. B-messenger is flawless in all its forms. The strings quartet version is so deep. It really complemented the complexity of this series and the depths of how far one must reach in order to succeed. Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 both feature such amazing tracks that I really can't say anything else compares in this regard for me. My dad's a musician and I grew up around music all my life so maybe that's why it has such a profound effect on me and in everything I enjoy.

Daru in my opinion is much more developed in this season too. Again, lovely character in original S;G as well, but he really gets to shine in this one, with his 2010 and future self both. His character really grew on me here beyond his typical antics.

Maho is my favorite new character introduced and easily one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise. Plays really well off of Amadeus and is one of the reasons I purchased the S;G 0 VN which I've yet to get to (still working on Elite, I'm new to VNs). She's just a really good character in my honest opinion.

Mayuri's development is great too. Her involvement towards the later end of the season is very important and you can see the desperation in her to try to help more than ever before. She is an emotional being and works off of pure care for her loved ones.

I agree about episode 8 being fantastic, but I also think 21 was incredible and several other ones were very good.

I'm also happy to have gotten at least a small semblance of a 2036 future. Even if it was short lived.

Now of course there are some flaws but for me they didn't outweigh the positives of this series. Professor Reyes was pointless, Kagari was not explored deeply enough. What kind of training did she get to be able to fight that way? I agree with you that it was a bit farfetched, but I'll take the excuse that she was brainwashed to be a killing machine activated at the sound of a particular tune due to the future from which she came, where Leskinen had already begun the brainwashing experiment, and knowing how the future turns out via his future self sending him a message he continued his work in the present to make her into what she became.

There were about 3-4 episodes that really didn't add much to the story. Most of the other ones in my opinion while not all perfect all mostly had something to add to the plot in some way or another, even if small.

Leskinen was a funny and enjoyable character but a poor villain.

Overall though, at the end of it, the story adds so much for me to the ending of OG Steins;Gate that I am very happy it was made. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more once I play through the 0 VN.

Thank you for respecting my opinion and for keeping it civil, you've shown that you're mature and didn't get your emotions involved by bashing my taste or anything like that, I respect that from people like you.

I wish I could have enjoyed Steins;Gate 0 as much as you did, I even watched Steins;Gate 0 like 3 times already to see if I could enjoy it more with each re-watch but it actually did the opposite on me, with each re-watch I was disliking it more. I just didn't enjoy the story in the slighest, it was extremely slow, the pacing wasn't that good, while it had a great beginning the story was lacking later on and it got even worse in the middle, the story simply didn't went anywhere and finally started going somewhere in episode 19 IMHO (pretty good episode btw, my 2nd favorite episode) while in the OG Steins;Gate the story was already going somewhere in episode 12 but it took Steins;Gate 0 around 19 episodes to move the story forward, I obviously didn't like this in the slightest and when it did the story wasn't even good enough either, the payoff for that slow beginning and mid was not worth it in Steins;Gate 0 for me.

Most of the new characters were not that interesting either, the only interesting one IMHO are Maho and Fubuki, I also disliked how the anime of Steins;Gate 0 brought plot points and then toss them aside, for example, Fubuki has some sort of Reading Steiner that the anime brought up but then that was never touched again and this was extremely bad, it they aren't going to do anything with it then why bring that up? that only led to more disappointment.

And Kagari simply killed this anime for me, the worst character in this midquel and I couldn't stand her dumb "Mommy" lines either, Judy Reyes was indeed unecessary and shouldn't have even existed here and Leskinen was pure cringe-fest and his reveal as a "bad guy" was really dumb IMHO, to make matters worse he had cheesy lines as a bad guy too and was cackling while revealing his master plan like a childish cartoon, he only needed to twirl his mustache if he had any, I can't invent excuses for these dumb things I've just witnessed in Steins;Gate 0.

And not only that, the plot twist weren't that good either while in the OG Steins;Gate I was always on the edge of my seat with each plot twist. Just compare Leskinen reveal as the bad guy compared to Mr. Braun, the one from Mr. Braun was a lot more believable but the one from Leskinen was simply dumb, cheesy, corny and cringey and his bad cheesy lines and cackles afterwards wasn't helping the situation either, too childish for me.

Plus Steins;Gate 0 was mostly a slice of life anime, there was barely any Sci-fi or Time Traveling involved here, it was mostly a slice of life for the majority of the episodes and the slice of life wasn't even that good either, this was simply bad for me and the sad episodes weren't that emotional for me either, the only emotional episode that brought tears to my eyes was episode 8 while in the OG Steins;Gate I literally cried in episode 16, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24. Steins;Gate 0 was simply a huge downgrade in every aspect IMHO and is nothing compared to Steins;Gate plus it had unnecessary ecchi scenes like the one with Faris and Moeka, those forced ecchi scenes are bad, they need to be subtle like the ones from Steins;Gate.

I agree with you that the OST in both Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 are phenomenal, I liked more the OST in Steins;Gate though. I also liked the OP and ED in Steins;Gate 0 more but that's the only thing I've liked more about Steins;Gate 0, everything else was a downgrade in every aspect but at least the OST was pretty damn good.
xZabuzaxApr 19, 2021 4:17 AM
Apr 22, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
No it wasn't better than the original one. Steins gate 0 is good but if we talk about the burgeon of Characters and plotlines, it's weaker than the original.
Apr 26, 2021 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Overall they are pretty equal to me. I like how some things were handled more in the original and I like how other things were handled more in this one. Both are really great.
May 10, 2021 7:08 PM
Jan 2021
If you don't compare it to the Steins; Gate series then this is arguably a pretty good anime, even though the beginning of the episode shows more of the slice of life in my opinion it's not too bad. Indeed, when compared to the Steins; Gate series, this series is not that good compared to the previous series, even though Okabe in this series is quite mature and I like that. Seeing the other nature of Okabe's chuunibyou is quite exciting
sorry if my English is not good, I use google translate for words that I don't understand
May 12, 2021 7:20 PM
Dec 2017
In my opnion, I was more invested and had enjoyed Steins Gate Zero more. While in steins gate, you have to go through to the first slow 12 eps to get to the best parts. While it never seemed like that with zero and it pulled me in from start to finish. The ending was crazy and gave me goosebumps for zero. The main character becoming Kyouma again was such a good moment.I perfered the characters as well in zero. It just fleshed out everyone. I just had way more enjoyment with zero than the original. Both are still masterpieces
EXALTED_REVERSEMay 12, 2021 7:26 PM
May 12, 2021 7:27 PM

Oct 2020
steins;gate 0 is amazing but the fact that there's no kurisu makes it worse.

May 12, 2021 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
I was fully on-board until the shoe-drop with Leskinen. Everything after that was a sloppily-directed, contrived mess. It didn't help either that the animation took a huge nosedive from this point forward.

It sucks, because I was really enjoying most of the first half of the series.
May 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Dec 2020
Sinbad_Echidna said:

Totally agree! I think Steins;Gate 0 was better. I liked the pacing more and it was more suspenseful and emotional. The original series definitely built up the background to add depth to 0
May 20, 2021 7:49 AM

Sep 2018
The Promised Rinascimento branch of the S;G 0 visual novel might indeed be on par with the original S;G. As a matter of fact, the best moments of the S;G 0 anime come from it (episode 8 and 20). It also gave a purpose to Judy Reyes, but that part was unfortunately skipped in the anime.

On the other hand, the Vega & Altair branch contains all the trash writing, like the one girl vs 30 armed soldiers and another terrible plot line that the anime didn't adapt (but unfortunately added an idiotic red herring to reference it). Do note that Steins;Gate 0 wasn't written by a single scriptwriter, that's why the quality differs so much.

The anime of S;G 0 is a mix of both branches; a clever idea, but not perfectly executed. I enjoyed it, but I can't really say if I would have liked it as much, if I hadn't read the VN beforehand.
NirinboMay 20, 2021 7:59 AM
May 25, 2021 2:19 PM
Oct 2019
Both can be described as an absolute masterpiece regardless of witch one is better
May 25, 2021 3:58 PM

May 2016
Nirinbo said:
The Promised Rinascimento branch of the S;G 0 visual novel might indeed be on par with the original S;G. As a matter of fact, the best moments of the S;G 0 anime come from it (episode 8 and 20). It also gave a purpose to Judy Reyes, but that part was unfortunately skipped in the anime.

On the other hand, the Vega & Altair branch contains all the trash writing, like the one girl vs 30 armed soldiers and another terrible plot line that the anime didn't adapt (but unfortunately added an idiotic red herring to reference it). Do note that Steins;Gate 0 wasn't written by a single scriptwriter, that's why the quality differs so much.

The anime of S;G 0 is a mix of both branches; a clever idea, but not perfectly executed. I enjoyed it, but I can't really say if I would have liked it as much, if I hadn't read the VN beforehand.

The anime is not really a mix of both branches. It is the ladt iteration, the final route (since there is not really a final route in the VN, we just got a true ending chapter out of the thin air)
-
May 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Sep 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
Nirinbo said:

The anime is not really a mix of both branches. It is the ladt iteration, the final route (since there is not really a final route in the VN, we just got a true ending chapter out of the thin air)

Yes, I didn't explain myself but that's what I meant. The last iteration wasn't shown in the VN because it would have been redundant, since it is (for the most part) a mix of events that happened in different branches.
Jun 9, 2021 1:43 PM

Mar 2020
nah steins gate is infinitely better imo but is still dope
check out odd taxi
Jun 13, 2021 3:55 AM
Apr 2016
This second season isn t extremely good, it has way less budget and the animation and the realisation aren t really good. A lot of drawings are bad and done quickly.

So technically, it can t be better than the first season, but in terms of enjoyment, it can. I personnally prefer the first season, because the girls have more depth.

One important thing imo : the second s season ost is absolutely incredible. Way better than the already amazing season 1
Jun 20, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
It feels like S;G 0 threw everything that made S;G so great over board and turned it into a mediocre harem. The writing of S;G 0 is nowhere near as good as the original, the characters which I loved seemed blunt and lacked depth. Mayuri, one of my favorite characters in the original, disappointed me the most. She has no drive, nothing that makes her stand out as an individual, she is just there because she played a key role in the original series. Her behavior is irrational and borderline insane. The other, less important main characters, seem even more redundant and lifeless.

The entire second half of the anime is riddled with exaggerations and bad anime tropes. MC gets shot hundreds of times and survives whilst soldiers wearing kevlar die after getting scratched by a bullet? An antagonist with no clear motif other than "because I can"? Defying one in a million odds with the "power of friendship"? An antagonist who holds a speech in a heated situation and everyone cares enough to listen? Characters that wouldn't kill Hitler because "killing is bad"?

Give the characters a reason to exist. Give me a reason to like or dislike them. Not every show needs a happy end. Not every character has to act like Jesus, it makes everything seem so artificial, unreal, inhuman and simply unbelievable.

The first half of the series hooked me so hard, it gave me all the S;G vibes I used to love. I was excited to see the antagonist, I was excited to see Kyoma struggle, I was happy to see the characters interacting the way I remembered it, unfortunately I was left disappointed and with a bitter taste in my mouth... S;G is one of my favorite anime of all time, S;G 0 on the other hand is not a worthy successor, not even close.
Jun 21, 2021 6:40 PM
Nov 2016
Cirno9 said:
It feels like S;G 0 threw everything that made S;G so great over board and turned it into a mediocre harem. The writing of S;G 0 is nowhere near as good as the original, the characters which I loved seemed blunt and lacked depth. Mayuri, one of my favorite characters in the original, disappointed me the most. She has no drive, nothing that makes her stand out as an individual, she is just there because she played a key role in the original series. Her behavior is irrational and borderline insane. The other, less important main characters, seem even more redundant and lifeless.

The entire second half of the anime is riddled with exaggerations and bad anime tropes. MC gets shot hundreds of times and survives whilst soldiers wearing kevlar die after getting scratched by a bullet? An antagonist with no clear motif other than "because I can"? Defying one in a million odds with the "power of friendship"? An antagonist who holds a speech in a heated situation and everyone cares enough to listen? Characters that wouldn't kill Hitler because "killing is bad"?

Give the characters a reason to exist. Give me a reason to like or dislike them. Not every show needs a happy end. Not every character has to act like Jesus, it makes everything seem so artificial, unreal, inhuman and simply unbelievable.

The first half of the series hooked me so hard, it gave me all the S;G vibes I used to love. I was excited to see the antagonist, I was excited to see Kyoma struggle, I was happy to see the characters interacting the way I remembered it, unfortunately I was left disappointed and with a bitter taste in my mouth... S;G is one of my favorite anime of all time, S;G 0 on the other hand is not a worthy successor, not even close.

How can you dislike Steins;Gate 0 if it has Samurais in it dodging bullets and killing dozens of soldiers all by himself with a sword? an anime can't be bad if it has Samurais for the same reason an anime can't be bad if it has Ninjas.

Samurais and Ninjas always makes an anime good man, are you telling me an anime with Samurais and Ninjas can't be good?

Yeah don't bother to respond to this, I'm just being sarcastic, Steins;Gate 0 was indeed a disappointment for me and I will go beyond that and even call it utter garbage. Steins;Gate 0 is just a garbage anime with a couple of decent episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

Steins;Gate 0 did the complete opposite of the things that I loved about Steins;Gate.
Jun 21, 2021 6:41 PM

Feb 2015
idk, I dropped it halfway, steins;gate wasn't for me anymore when this series came out. To think I was hyping this release back then...
Jul 5, 2021 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
xZabuzax said:
Cirno9 said:

How can you dislike Steins;Gate 0 if it has Samurais in it dodging bullets and killing dozens of soldiers all by himself with a sword? an anime can't be bad if it has Samurais for the same reason an anime can't be bad if it has Ninjas.

Samurais and Ninjas always makes an anime good man, are you telling me an anime with Samurais and Ninjas can't be good?

Yeah don't bother to respond to this, I'm just being sarcastic, Steins;Gate 0 was indeed a disappointment for me and I will go beyond that and even call it utter garbage. Steins;Gate 0 is just a garbage anime with a couple of decent episodes, nothing more, nothing less.

Steins;Gate 0 did the complete opposite of the things that I loved about Steins;Gate.

I figured that you were being sarcastic. It's just incredibly unfortunate that the series had a promising beginning and fell apart so quickly. It really makes you wonder, how did they mess up the characters so badly when they were initially well written, at least on a decent level.

Since I have a strong disliking towards harem anime and (bad) anime tropes, yes considering s;g 0 utter garbage is justified.
Jul 7, 2021 3:46 PM

Jun 2021
Yes for me, SG;0 is better than og SG
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘒𝘢𝘡𝘺, 𝘣𝘢𝘡 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘡.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

464 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.