Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 30, 2021 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
No tenma?! T-T
also did Eva really burn the house or was that some kind of imagination…???
Im confused lol
Jul 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2020
Eva is a very twisted woman, but I can't help but feel bad for her. She doesn't seem to me to be pure evil, she just doesn't manage to find happiness. Deep down, she probably just wants to have someone who will love her forever, and not just see her as some substitute. She almost had that with the gardener, but then the mother came back (though she already partially screwed up the relationship, which shows she also doesn't manage to make people stay with her, she always ruins it). She is messed up for sure, but yes, I feel bad for her. And she's an interesting character, I'm curious to see what her collaboration with Lunge will lead to.

Speaking of Lunge, I didn't like him at first but his character is growing on me. He reminds me of this doctor and this policeman we met before, who ended up all alone because of their work. I feel bad for him too, but also worried, just like how I feel about Eva (even if he's not anywhere near as messed up as her), because it is clear his interest in the Tenma case will turn into an unhealthy obsession now that this is the only thing he has left. But he jumped incredibly quickly on the conclusion that Tenma has multiple personalities, it's true that a little boy having committed multiple murders seems very difficilt to believe but still, it is crazy how much he wants for Tenma to be the culprit.

Finally, I want to have a little thought for this poor gardener. I can't blame him for anything that happened with Eva.
Sep 1, 2021 3:17 AM

Mar 2021
burned her whole house LOL
Sep 18, 2021 1:34 PM
Mar 2021
i love eva sm and its crazy bc there's no character i dislike (except for her father)
Oct 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
Perhaps I was a tad too harsh on Eva, she's still got a horrible personality but deep down she's just lonely. I got to say the gardner's cheating wife returning felt way too forced in my opinion.

Nov 2, 2021 10:48 AM
Nov 2021
I'm only on episode 20 right now but so far this is by far my favorite episode, it focuses on two characters who are working against Tenma, but gives them a lot more depth than you might've thought they'd have. the first half was great because it showed just how great of an adversary Lunge will be to Tenma, the whole focus is on how determined he is and how Tenma is his top priority target. In the second half the way they portray Eva its clear they're not trying to make her more likeable, they're trying to show another side of her. Both sides of the story are fascinating and I hope more people appreciate this episode as much as I do.
Nov 26, 2021 12:48 PM
Nov 2020
My man Tenma lives rent free on both of eva and lunge minds
Nov 30, 2021 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
Eva is such a sad and lonely woman I can only feel pity for her. Truly an interesting character.

Anyways, I'm glad the gardener returned with his wife.
Dec 5, 2021 12:28 AM

Aug 2020
Despite how smart inspector Lunge is, he is also so dumb. There is no evidence to call Tenma to have a split personality disorder. It's all assumptions he made.

Also, the gardener is a fool to sleep with Eva. Good thing his ex-partner came and joined them—a happy ending for him.

Eva is a bitch. I don't care if this is how she copes with her loneliness, she still a bitch.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jan 15, 2022 4:46 PM

May 2021
I was worried she would destroy the Gardener's family; luckily that did not happen. Instead, she has directed all of her hatred towards Tenma.
I thought she was just a two-timing bitch but now she's an interesting character as well.

Feb 8, 2022 8:59 PM

Jan 2021
First of all, These woman are evil first we have the two woman who were both having affairs behind the detectives back then we have Eva who keeps taking advantage of other men and or ruining there marriages and lastly the Gardner’s wife left him for some other dude both causing him and his daughter all this pain just to show up again at the end but still I did kinda fell bad for Eva until she burned the garden and her house down that was so unexpected
Feb 13, 2022 4:52 PM
Mar 1, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was kind of boring. It also looked like a filler
May 6, 2022 7:46 AM

Feb 2021
Indeed, one thing I don't like about this story is that it relies heavily on coincidences to move its plot forward. It's already time to get back to Johan
Jul 8, 2022 7:10 PM

May 2020
At first, it seemed like these last few episodes were bordering on filler material, but now I appreciate the show's decision to portray the entire story. Sure, it would be pretty sick to see Tenma shoot Johan in the face, but I'm not in a rush to get there.

Also, some interesting character development in Tenma, where he no longer considers saving lives to be his top priority.
Aug 10, 2022 9:47 AM

Mar 2022
Can Eva just... fckin die ?
Oct 5, 2022 2:47 AM
Feb 2022
:D After the detective's double personality theory for Tenma, I was more convinced that only Tenma could solve this case.
Oct 13, 2022 2:43 PM

Mar 2021
Eva is so hateable, yet so interesting to watch lol. Burned down her own mansion? How low will she go in order to bring down Tenma?

Oct 26, 2022 6:58 AM
Oct 2022
It was amazing from start to finish the entire show so far has been really amazing!
Nov 19, 2022 8:11 AM
Jan 2019
yeah, i really felt sorry for eva here. She's the biggest bitch there is and i kept pausing the episode as I was scared for the gardener but then i was kinda happy as it looked like eva the bitch could finally change for good. Then i kept pausing cos i wasn't ready for the awkwardness when she'd turn up, and i was surprised she would do that an even more so when she smiled hearing his daughter laugh, but then she didn't and I'm glad. The gardener should not just welcome his wife back like that though... Also, i swear lunge and eva on the hunt together will be madness.
Jan 9, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2007
We got the glimpse of inspector Lunge's life. Guy is practialy married to a job and his family is about to leave him. Job isn't everything, especially when he didn't seem to be living in poverty, where he's had to be working all the time.

The gardener would be the first decent man in Eve's life, but she had to screw it up. Why would he spend the night with a fallen-noble woman who ridiculed him for thinking he would be her partner if he can spend the time with his wife and mother of his child instread? Especially when they all looked happy when she came back.

Eve's burning her own house... Good luck surviving as the homeless!
Jan 9, 2023 6:10 PM
May 2020
gotta give it to  Urasawa, Naoki knows how to make hate fictional women
Jan 10, 2023 3:44 PM
Oct 2019
Here we are shown how many relationships are. It's sad but unfortunately true.

Lunge don't care about family stuff. Well this guy is so incomprehensible at all. His only mission is to solve cases.

Btw Eva becomes more and more disgusting. I'm interested in what happens to her.
Jan 22, 2023 9:34 AM
Sep 2020
Now I understand why Eva is like this🤦🏻because of unlucky circumstances,no wonder .. actually if you think about it she is actually a good women/girl
Feb 24, 2023 2:21 PM

Jul 2022
Eva is really insane
Mar 14, 2023 3:56 AM

Jul 2022
Poor Eva, yes, it's sad that her life is at this point like this. She is sad but she deserves it.

I love that each character is being given their time to develop.
Mar 26, 2023 8:02 PM

Aug 2019
Jesus, she needs serious help.
Apr 9, 2023 3:38 AM
Jan 2022
It was good to learn more about the detective and the main character's ex-wife, and I liked that we got to see everyone from the point of view of the people around him.
May 14, 2023 10:26 AM
Apr 2022
i love thi show

character limit text
May 17, 2023 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
Not gonna lie, that gardener is wayyyy too optimistic to the point that he considers Eva as his potential lover. Fortunately, he bears witness to Eva's true self, the way she broke down and the way she's so desperate about things that happened a decade ago, and how she admitted that the gardener was just a way to 'pass time'. He should have never invited Eva to his home.

Though. I AM SO GLAD, that Eva didn't fuck up the gardener's family. I thought she would barge into his home and act all intimate with the man so that his wife would be jealous and run away for good, permanently shattering the household, but nope, Eva instead burnt down her garden along with her mansion. Soooooo that wasn't so bad! I'm just glad once again, that Eva left his family alone, especially when his wife just came back to him.

On the other hand, it's satisfying to see that others have more happiness in her life whereas Eva does not. At this point in time, Eva is most similar to Lunge who himself has nothing else besides work cut out for him, he cares little of his own family's actions and feelings only wanting to work and solve murders, these two, Lunge and Eva is the perfect combination to impede on Tenma's progress in this story. 
Jun 9, 2023 4:48 PM
Apr 2020
Kinda bummed that we got no Tenma this episode, but man did it do a great job showing more of Lunge and Eva
Jul 15, 2023 11:52 PM
Aug 2018
Enough with the non-flowing story. Somehow I still enjoy it though.
Sep 25, 2023 9:52 PM
May 2023
Great episode exploring more on the important side character. Don't know why people think this is a filler episode tho. Seems like Lunge is full-on detective man despite having a family and it look like he's going to really focus on finding Tenma now. Feel kinda bad for Eva here. Yes, she has a bitchy attitude but that doesn't mean she can't have a moment to redeem herself after meeting the gardener. I totally didn't expect the gardener's wife to return tho lol, poor Eva.
Oct 1, 2023 5:26 PM
Sep 2021
It's like that really annoying boring sidemission that the game forces you to do.
Oct 1, 2023 5:27 PM
Sep 2021
It's like that really annoying boring sidemission that the game forces you to do.
Oct 23, 2023 2:54 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I feel sorry for so many characters.
Nov 26, 2023 3:31 AM

Oct 2017
Gardner shouldn't have been messing with Eva to begin with. Don't matter how much money she's got, as Future said, she belongs to the streets. Johan did Tenma a favour in a dark and twisted kind of way.
Dec 6, 2023 11:32 AM
Feb 2023
This show, man. Banger after banger.
Jan 18, 9:54 PM

Jan 2018
mann... I feel bad for Lunge and Eva. Yes they are flawed people but still people. Lunge always strive for the truth but in doing so, hurt the people around him. Eva, who used to be a bitch, is trying to change (first was when she tried to meet with tenma 9 years later) but with constant failure, she's becoming more lost and lonely; driven by hatred. Her situation is realy fucked up. She was raised by a greedy father and was constantly dependent on him and when he died she did what she only knew which is to leach on to another person, Tenma. But Tenma also left her. self-destruction. These characters needs a little bit of kindness and Tenma is showing what those kindness can do.

Anyways, such well written character. Every episode, even the fillers/even if its formulaic, is so enticing.
Jan 28, 5:46 PM
Jun 2022
Some Bits Were Amusing.
Feb 12, 4:44 AM
May 2023
That woman EVA needs to get a life, disgusting.
Feb 14, 11:34 AM
Apr 2014
Damn. For a while I really started to feel bad for the gardener as he didn't seem to see or care what a shitty person that woman is. That end though. Turned out he is quite lucky. Would be nice if we could just get rid of her in the story finally. That salty bitch starts the be annoying. Being lonely doesn't excuse being a dick to everyone around you. Neither does being an alcoholic.

On a sidenote... I actually thought Lunge was kinda smart. Where does this split-personality BS come from suddenly? He doesn't have any proof Tenma killed these people but his gut feeling tells him Tenma did it. So there is absolutely no way he is wrong about that. It's much more likely Tenma has multiple personalities and just doesn't realize he is the killer. I'm really disappointed in this development. Lunge could have been an interesting asset to the story.
NanashiFeb 14, 11:37 AM
Mar 7, 10:53 PM
Jul 2016
Reply to InsertCatchyName
Gardner shouldn't have been messing with Eva to begin with. Don't matter how much money she's got, as Future said, she belongs to the streets. Johan did Tenma a favour in a dark and twisted kind of way.
@InsertCatchyName Yeah but he was lonely. How long can you stay single and still be happy? I'm sure you can understand.
Mar 30, 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
I dont understand why people like Lunge this much. His not a good detective in my eyes. He just obsessed. Tenma literally find Johan pest like in 1-2 months and how kind of person he is if Lunge actually was a good detective he gonna investigate every option and not live in his little stupid fantasy world even from the start there were a lot of moments he had to change to think but he just stupid.

At least he can start to investigate why was the candies on Johans room.Maybe someone try to harm him and not the doctor. But no he deserves everything for being dumb
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.