Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this was just a recap, huh.
Kinda disappointed since I wanted an episode about Neiru or Momoe like episode 7.
Also it’s a little worrying that this recap is called episode 8; hopefully we still get 12 actual episodes.
Mar 2, 2021 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
this was actually pretty decent for a recap episode, actually didn’t feel bored at all while watching this episode. overall the scene selection was quite nice and think there were some new scenes as well, liked the way they paced it with each character getting their own parts and stuff, the narration was a good addition as well. also, this episode helped me notice some things like how ai always says “now i’m really mad!” and neiru with “i’ll blow your mind", rika too with her "i'll knock you down with a shot to your heat!", prettys sure momoe is the only one who doesn't have a line like that - yet?
Mar 2, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2020
So ... this episode was a recap episode, kinda disappointed but it's okay, and I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Mar 2, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1366737526883508227
https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1366736631185739776

WELP, the rumours are true: it's a recap. And it's based on Acca and Ura-Acca's POV.

If you'd think that this is just a normal recap, yeah sure it presents itself as one, and yet it isn't at the same time. Acca and Ura-Acca going through the large majority bits of info that we already know, and some that we haven't yet caught on before (for the lack of simpliciity).

Basically, think of this recap episode as an "Answer Arc" of "snarky commentary" exposition and pretty tightly edited key scenes if you're just watching the anime blindly and not thinking about the underlying cryptic themes for the past 7 episodes.

Otherwise, it's just a normal recap. CloverWorks are REALLY STRETCHED with 3 shows this season, and hope Horimiya doesn't suffer to have a recap episode.

The only source of worry y'all have to worry NOW is this:

https://twitter.com/Bloodyredstar/status/1365279106997354497?s=19
KANLen09Mar 2, 2021 7:36 AM
Mar 2, 2021 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
ye im not gonna bother watching this one lol

the production schedule becomes so impossibly tight so lower your expectations from now on since we might see huge visual and animation quality drops in later episodes
Mar 2, 2021 7:30 AM
Feb 2014
i hate recap eps they are so pointless especially when you binge watch a show in a day.
Mar 2, 2021 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
reason for the recap https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2021/02/27/wonder-egg-priority-production-notes-04-07/

Does that mean this batch of episodes has been flawless, then? Of course not. For as much as there is to praise about the team’s approach, some problems relating to it have started rearing their nasty heads, so I can’t end this without mentioning them. I know people are already panicking about the sudden announcement of a recap episode, but it’s important to understand the problems this particular production is facing, because they’re not really comparable to your usual rushed project that never stood a chance.

As you’ve likely noticed if you skim through the staff lists we attach to these production notes, WEP’s lineup is actually very thin. Despite having connections with talented animators all over the world, that selectiveness when it comes to appointing staff has translated into a core group of animators who handle most of the workload in nearly every single episode, while at the same time giving them directorial and supervision roles. This is combined with a traditional approach to animation direction too, meaning that all episodes so far have had a single main supervisor that dyed each episode with their unique flavor.

Now, there’s nothing inherently wrong with having a tightly knit small team—in fact, I’d even say it’s preferable if you can pull it off. A crew full of artists who’d already been selected according to their compatibility with this type of material have grown very knowledgeable about the cast, which allows them to give a specificity to the character acting and coherence to the action that would be very hard to achieve otherwise.

But as you can imagine, having the same dozen people animate the vast majority of the show starts to become a problem when you’re several weeks into the broadcast and the deadlines have started haunting you. While WEP has been in the works for nearly two years, everyone’s racing against the clock now, and that’s got consequences beyond the already deplorable stress that all these people are having to endure. Given that compromising on the quality is not something anyone in this team wants, and how invested in this model of production they appear to be, the lesser evil solution they appeared to take was… kicking the problem down the line. The lists of 2nd key animators have become astonishingly large over the course of the show, which in this case indicates that this small team of regular animators is putting out increasingly rougher sequences to be able to keep up with this approach.
Mar 2, 2021 7:45 AM

Jan 2021
Not terrible as far as recap episodes go. Would have been interesting if it went more with the idea that this was a video guide made by the arcade keeper guys for future Wonder Egg Priority members. Overall, it was still disappointing, and not really necessary when we're only 7 episodes in. Let's hope the next episode is worth the wait.
Mar 2, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2012
What, recap? I purposely came home earlier today so as not to miss the eighth episode and it turned out to be a recap? But why?! This show has an AAA budget.
Mar 2, 2021 8:09 AM

Oct 2017
Is this episode 8 thou? Definitely not.
Mar 2, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2019
well, there goes all the implicit value lol. Still really liking this anime though. Certainly a great recap/info dump on everything if you didn't catch it in previous episodes

Mar 2, 2021 8:28 AM
Jun 2020
Even though it was a recap episode it was very good it reminded me of a lot of stuff a forgot about
Mar 2, 2021 9:06 AM

Jan 2021
I was expecting a normal episode
The recap was good, it has refreshed me some data that I had forgotten but nothing more. ┐( ˘_˘ )┌
Mar 2, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
Is this episode 8 thou? Definitely not.

Actually it’s called episode 8 on funimation and the official Wonder Egg Priority Twitter calls it episode 8 as well.
Mar 2, 2021 9:28 AM
Jun 2017
The big question is now: Do we get 12 "real" episodes or only 11?
Mar 2, 2021 9:34 AM

Jun 2019
Well, a recap episode. Not too happy but it's alright.
Mar 2, 2021 9:35 AM
Oct 2020
Sailor_Daze said:
i hate recap eps they are so pointless especially when you binge watch a show in a day.

I agree with you. So far only 7 episodes have passed there is no need for a recap episode. I waited a whole week just to get a recap!? I've already watched each episode more than once. I need answers man not a recap.
Mar 2, 2021 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
I’m pretty sure this shouldn’t be counted as the 8th episode

Mods hello?
Mar 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2020
deg said:
ye im not gonna bother watching this one lol

the production schedule becomes so impossibly tight so lower your expectations from now on since we might see huge visual and animation quality drops in later episodes

Same
Really hope the production quality can stay as it is
Mar 2, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2020
LUISGUERREIRO said:
Raegal1 said:

I agree with you. So far only 7 episodes have passed there is no need for a recap episode. I waited a whole week just to get a recap!? I've already watched each episode more than once. I need answers man not a recap.

I just dropped this anime because of this, a recap after 7 episodes of a not so hard to understand anime is disgusting, I was enjoying this a lot for the artstyle and suicide theme, but if the authors can't take their work seriously, nor will I, might as well just go watch Boruto if I wanted 23 minutes of recap bullshit

It could just be production problems. Cloverworks does have 2 other shows besides Wonder Egg airing this season y'know. You don't need to be that harsh to drop a show just because of a recap
Mar 2, 2021 10:27 AM
Feb 2021
A recap episode in a 12 episode series? In 2021? So unnecessary. Big thumbs down.
Mar 2, 2021 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
Boo a recap episode. I'm disappointed. :(
Mar 2, 2021 10:51 AM
Dec 2019
gay people real :)
Mar 2, 2021 10:58 AM
Jan 2021
Xenocrisi said:
I’m pretty sure this shouldn’t be counted as the 8th episode

Mods hello?

It is officially counted as 8th episode
Mar 2, 2021 11:01 AM

Sep 2020
Do I need to watch this episode ?

I haven't watched it yet, if it's just recap then I will skip it
Mar 2, 2021 11:02 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
I'm sure that most of you already know that it was a recap episode.

It's a shame that it counted towards WEP's total episode count.
Mar 2, 2021 11:09 AM
Aug 2020
LUISGUERREIRO said:
Raegal1 said:

I just dropped this anime because of this, a recap after 7 episodes of a not so hard to understand anime is disgusting, I was enjoying this a lot for the artstyle and suicide theme, but if the authors can't take their work seriously, nor will I, might as well just go watch Boruto if I wanted 23 minutes of recap bullshit

The recap episode happened because of production issues. It’s not that the creators don’t “take their work seriously,” it’s that they only have a dozen or so animators and they needed extra time. If we didn’t get a recap episode, not only would it be hell for the animators, but the next episodes would DEFINITELY look worse in quality.

I love Wonder Egg Priority, and I was really sad to know that we wouldn’t be getting a new episode this week. But please try to have a bit of empathy for the people who have been working on this show. I can link you to an article that talks about the production issues this show will probably face due to the low amount of animators and the time crunch that they’re on. The people working on it have put a lot of effort into this show to make it the best it can be (look at how much detail is in the animation even the more slice of lifey moments), so it’s unfair to say that the creators aren’t “taking their work seriously” since they’re doing the exact opposite. They’re taking their work so seriously that they’re giving themselves an extra week to make this show the best it can be.
LittleLuckyMar 2, 2021 11:19 AM
Mar 2, 2021 11:13 AM

Apr 2016
(I will copy and paste what I posted in another thread)

Seems like the anime will be 12 + 1 episodes assuming that Aniplex isn't swindling people. In this tweet is says that the BD releases will not include the 8th episode.

https://twitter.com/aniplex_plus/status/1366796505248452608

It seems like the news on this being an unplanned recap is true and the show is suffering from production issues.

(So yes, the mods should change the episode count to 13).
Mar 2, 2021 11:16 AM
Jan 2019
Man, I really do wish the Wonder Egg team would clarify the reasons for the recap episode and whether it counts towards the total 12 ep count or not, because I’m seeing so many people annoyed and upset with this that I really want to defend the WEP team and say that it’s just the best choice for them cause they’re having production issues or something but I don’t feel comfortable saying that till we have confirmation, as people have the right to be upset if the recap was planned and just cuts down the number of episodes, man I myself am gonna be upset if that’s the case cause I’m starting to doubt whether this is a production thing or not due to it being called “episode 8” not 7.5
Mar 2, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2018
LUISGUERREIRO said:
Raegal1 said:

You really dropped the anime because the episode of the week was a recap? I think people are being overdramatic because they have to wait one more week for another episode. Just because there is not an episode one week doesn't mean the anime becomes instantly trash.

I agree however that it's concerning that this episode is labeled as episode 8, but i think it will work out in the end. Cloverworks has done a great job with the 7 episodes so far and i doubt they'll do a 180 and ruin everything. I think they've earned the trust.
Mar 2, 2021 11:57 AM
Feb 2021
It was a good recap, but i dont think we needed one yet. I mean this was just the 8th episode. And i was looking forward to see the bnext episode. Like i said as a recap episode it is good just way too early, in my opinion. They may have had their reasons and this anime is amazing, so whatever... Im just gonna see wait till next week.

WEP is incredibly good thou I cant wait to see what they do with the characters next.
nulnuMar 2, 2021 12:03 PM
Mar 2, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2021
LittleLucky said:
LUISGUERREIRO said:

The recap episode happened because of production issues. It’s not that the creators don’t “take their work seriously,” it’s that they only have a dozen or so animators and they needed extra time. If we didn’t get a recap episode, not only would it be hell for the animators, but the next episodes would DEFINITELY look worse in quality.

I love Wonder Egg Priority, and I was really sad to know that we wouldn’t be getting a new episode this week. But please try to have a bit of empathy for the people who have been working on this show. I can link you to an article that talks about the production issues this show will probably face due to the low amount of animators and the time crunch that they’re on. The people working on it have put a lot of effort into this show to make it the best it can be (look at how much detail is in the animation even the more slice of lifey moments), so it’s unfair to say that the creators aren’t “taking their work seriously” since they’re doing the exact opposite. They’re taking their work so seriously that they’re giving themselves an extra week to make this show the best it can be.

Thanks for clarifying this! Its good that they took they time prioritizing quality.
Mar 2, 2021 12:11 PM

Sep 2020
This is kinda disappointing, the recap was good and we learned minor stuff but I feel like this show is straying away from what I initially found interesting about it. I wanna learn more about the suicide girls and I wonder how they're gonna do that in the next 4 episodes considering there are 4 girls and apparently the Accas will be sharing info about themselves next episode. This show seems like it has lots of potential that's not being used.

Mar 2, 2021 12:16 PM
Oct 2020
Literal waste of time, skipped to the end 2 minutes in, glad I did.
Mar 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Jun 2007
SomeNewGuy said:
I think people are being overdramatic because they have to wait one more week for another episode. Just because there is not an episode one week doesn't mean the anime becomes instantly trash.

We got so spoiled by the stuff we get for free all the time.. :| the stuff other people worked so hard on. We really should be more grateful
see you, space cowperson . . .
Mar 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2011
LittleLucky said:

Thank you so much for pointing this out. The animators definitely deserve some more time to give us such amazing quality animation.
Mar 2, 2021 12:30 PM

May 2019
Is there any new material in this recap or just previous scenes??
Mar 2, 2021 12:35 PM
Jan 2019
karemi_ said:

It’s all previous scenes as far as I can tell, however it is kind of narrated/guided through by the Accas which is new dialogue but we aren’t told anything new other than an implication we will learn more about the Accas at some point (which we expected anyway), if anyone wants to correct me on this please do so :)
Mar 2, 2021 12:39 PM

Jun 2019
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.
Mar 2, 2021 12:46 PM
Nov 2019
It's basically a summary of the first 7 episodes from the Acca's point of view, and also pointing out some of what's going on for those who can't decode the episodes.

So if you're in the WTF is going on here camp then it might clear up some points you don't understand or have missed.

But if you've been following closely then its just a filler episode to allow the team to catch up on their workload for episode 9.

Mar 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2015
This was inexcusable. I can't believe we may only get 11 real episodes of what, for me, was AOTS and a contender for AOTY. I'm honestly crushed. No. Excuse.
Mar 2, 2021 12:56 PM

May 2019
bethxxx said:
karemi_ said:

It’s all previous scenes as far as I can tell, however it is kind of narrated/guided through by the Accas which is new dialogue but we aren’t told anything new other than an implication we will learn more about the Accas at some point (which we expected anyway), if anyone wants to correct me on this please do so :)

Okok, thx, sound pretty cool
Mar 2, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2020
Darn, and I was excited for the new episode.
Mar 2, 2021 1:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I normally don't care much for recap episodes, but I enjoy watching this show so much that I don't mind a recap if this helps them complete the project in time. Looking forward to the next episode!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 2, 2021 1:12 PM
May 2020
This is not a recap, it is a promo for the WEP game with your hosts Acca and Ura!
Mar 2, 2021 1:13 PM
Nov 2019
I'm scared of what could happen after this recap. Maybe they're showing us the best times before the worst come.
Mar 2, 2021 1:18 PM

Jun 2019
zLeroy said:
Blue_Maroon said:
A fucking recap episode that also doubles as explaining pretty much all of the interpretive elements so far. There are no excuses for this and it will definitely impact how I rate this in the end.

But there actually is a reason for this episode just read the comments above

I do not care if they had production issues.

For starters, how is the production of this anime so poorly managed that they have issues so grand that they have to make an episode filler? It’s not like there was a huge disaster that affected the production, they just couldn’t manage on the schedule that they created.

Furthermore, what frustrates me the most about this is that this was not a special like The Promissed Neverland’s 5.5 episode, but it REPLACED an actual episode of the anime. Does this mean that content will get cut or will the pace be sped up? Will they extend they release the actual final episode as an OVA? This episode greatly affects the series as a whole.

To clarify, I know that the people working on this series are doing their best to make this anime great. But that does not excuse the incompetence of the production manager that could not keep the production on schedule, or even worse, could not even come up with a competent production schedule.
Mar 2, 2021 1:30 PM

Nov 2015
zLeroy said:

The studio got issues so they did this recap that the real episode doesn't drop in quality I just hope they rename it as 7.5 or something but some many people are hating but don't even know the reason smh

No, I'd heard the rumor days ago. I'm still extremely disappointed. Now, if this ends up just being 7.5 and we get a full 12 episodes then I'm fine. But I am really sick of studios understaffing and cutting corners like this. There's just no excuse. It's a business like any other. If it were just random isekai #37653 I wouldn't care but we may miss out on a full episode of real content. That's awful. I don't blame the animators but I sure do blame the studio if we don't get a full season.
Mar 2, 2021 1:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Just a recap but I think it was pretty well-made one. Maybe it's just me who was not paying attention before but was there a FEW scenes that haven't been shown yet? Like I don't remember her hiding in the locker for some reason. If it was shown already then just ignore this LOL

If you would have watched this after it was finished airing and are probably binge watching this, then yeah of course this is unnecessary as usual. But for a currently airing anime I actually appreciated this a bit. It does clear up some things if you are still kind of confused.

But for you who really adore this anime and were looking forward to the next episode, this must've been brutal lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 2, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2013

Why? What did I do to deserve this on my Egg Tuesday?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 19, 2021

212 by RobinEatsJuice »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

433 by RobinEatsJuice »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

412 by thatgirluwu »»
May 30, 4:40 PM

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.