Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Heaven's Design Team
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A 3-day Galapagos Island trip for the design team, they really do need a break from all that creative work on concocting real animals. But yet...the weird designs DO NOT STOP, and Kimura's alien lookalike is one.

The onsen experience is Heaven and Hell for the men and women respectively though. Trying to throw unusable animal designed seafood for a hot pot, yeap. Meido designing sharks in such a test environment, another animal approved: the hammerhead and saw sharks. But instead of saving Kimura, it's raining...sharks?

OH, a crime scene of a dead Mizushima? Time to play Among Us once again with the foodie detective Kimura. Kanamori's flamingo design is part of the case...being pink and spouting pink fluid. Interrogating everyone else without a basis to find the real culprit, mending into Mizushima's rattlesnake vs. Unabara's squirrel instead.

...which leaves the last thing: the note that everyone cannot leave. For one I'd thought that Shimoda is gonna commit suicide, but hiding in the sea is a villa for a surprise from Ueda and Tsuchiya. So it happened that the squirrel wanted to bite Mizushima's head and Shimoda protecting it with the ​ashtray, HEH. So there wasn't a crime scene to begin with.

Enjoy yourselves, Heaven's Design Team!
Feb 11, 2021 8:49 AM
Sep 2015
There are so many details in this episode, I love that Kanamori is joining the female onsen, this anime is very open mind. The unidentified culprit is kinda like detective conan. Sharknado, and snake scarf, alien, etc. I'm ready to abandon Darwinism and side with Creationism LOL
Feb 11, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
another nice and chill episode, onsens were quite nice and that myster stuff was pretty funny too. also, meido is really cute, i love her outfit and character design.
Feb 11, 2021 9:13 AM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. This time, it was a vacation kinda episode for all of them since they do a lot of work and they also need some time off. Great to see all the female gang enjoying the Onsen and the males were just not enjoying, I guess.
Also, Mizushima being dead and all of them trying to find out the criminal was quite funny.
We got Hammerhead and Saw Shark and then a rattlesnake and California ground squirrel accepted in this episode.
Feb 11, 2021 9:40 AM

May 2019
Pretty good episode, although i think it wasn't focused on the animals as much as the previous ones. I'm relieved that the "mandatory onsen/hot spings episode" wasn't as stupid as they usually are. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but nice Sharknado reference. Also, was the murder scene a reference to the Danganropna series? The culprit being a black figure with expressive eyes looked exactly as they do in these games. Maybe it wasn't intentional and that's just how they were portrayed.
Feb 11, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was pretty gay. Why was he in the girls bathtub. 😔
Feb 11, 2021 2:31 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
This episode get full marks for the sharknado reference alone
Feb 11, 2021 3:30 PM

Feb 2015
KaijuSloth said:
I don't know if it was intentional or not, but nice Sharknado reference. Also, was the murder scene a reference to the Danganropna series? The culprit being a black figure with expressive eyes looked exactly as they do in these games. Maybe it wasn't intentional and that's just how they were portrayed.

I'm pretty sure that was a Detective Conan reference :)
It's using the same way to depict the culprit and exists a bit longer than the Danganronpa games.

AmineDane said:

Huh? Kanamori is a woman. She's a trans woman, so she's chilling with the other girls.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 11, 2021 5:09 PM

Sep 2020
KaijuSloth said:
Pretty good episode, although i think it wasn't focused on the animals as much as the previous ones. I'm relieved that the "mandatory onsen/hot spings episode" wasn't as stupid as they usually are. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but nice Sharknado reference. Also, was the murder scene a reference to the Danganropna series? The culprit being a black figure with expressive eyes looked exactly as they do in these games. Maybe it wasn't intentional and that's just how they were portrayed.

It's a reference to Conan and Kindaichi.
Feb 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Nov 2017
Nice sharknado reference,but that Alien,damn,that was funny!
Feb 11, 2021 6:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Even at their vacation, they were all still productive designed all of those adorable animals.

Onsen part strongly weird with those alien thingy. But its meat surely tasty enough to forget. Someone drunk onto the ocean, but its created a good hammerhead shark and sawshark. The shark tornado ended up their misery.

The detective part ridiculously fun to watch with all of those mystery. Its led them to created a flamengo, the male version of animal who's breastfeeding his childs with its self-producing crop milk at its throat.

The end of the day used a good ancient grudges fight between a rattlesnack and the brave american squirrel as the conclusion. What about the case? Who care shit, and them enjoy the scenery after that! So, yeah, enjoy your relaxation, designers. All of your good work were all very appreciated....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 12, 2021 1:41 AM

Oct 2016
Good episode. So much for a vacation lmao, but at least they can get to enjoy the dragon palace in the end after all that wild stuff that happened in the hot springs. Those references were cool though, some detective conan references probably and sharknado lmao. First I've heard of a squirrel that fights snakes damn.
Feb 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Aug 2019
was that supposed to be a fucking xenomorph near the beginning?
Feb 12, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2020
It's good for knowledge
Feb 12, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2020
It's good for knowledge
Feb 12, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2008
the last part that interests me are the Squirrels vs Rattlesnake...these squirrels can hold their own dealing with those pesky snakes!
i hope in the future eps they will include HB! Honey Badgers!
4/5.

Feb 12, 2021 3:15 PM

Dec 2020
was Shimoda dead before becoming an angel?
Will_do_it_laterFeb 12, 2021 5:21 PM
Feb 12, 2021 5:47 PM

Apr 2018
I almost cried at this episode seeing a trans women in the women’s hot spring, it’s very nice to see representation. It’s the bare minimum but it makes me smile so much :’)
Feb 12, 2021 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
Man, I really like this show but these shitty subs are doing their hardest to ruin it.

AmineDane said:

They are all genderless angels/divine beings. None of them really care who bathes with who.
Feb 13, 2021 10:15 PM

Apr 2012
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man, I really like this show but these shitty subs are doing their hardest to ruin it.

AmineDane said:

They are all genderless angels/divine beings. None of them really care who bathes with who.

I'd like to agree with you but note quite. If they (writers) really wanted them to be genderless and wouldn't care who bathes with whom then there wouldn't be 2 baths that separate them in the first place. It could've been one large hot spring where everyone can partake similar to a swimming pool. It should've been that way if they were genderless.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 14, 2021 3:14 AM

May 2019

Seems like people can't just accept that Kanamori is a trans woman
Feb 21, 2021 1:01 AM

Feb 2020
Xenomorph and Sharknado. Nice references.

Decent episode once again. :)
Feb 23, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2017
It's nice of god to give them a vacation. Thou the vacation wasn't as relaxing as it should have been. The whole murder case thing was kinda funny.
Feb 27, 2021 1:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Definitely a weird criminal case... all that only because they were building that dragon temple xD
Mar 24, 2021 11:17 PM
Jan 2021
Will_do_it_later said:
was Shimoda dead before becoming an angel?

No, he was actually designed by the design team though God put in the final work of his creation. Still, he's essentially a child compared to the rest. That's why he struggles with writing, he's essentially a toddler despite being born in an adult body.
btamamuraMar 27, 2021 1:03 AM
May 20, 2021 9:46 PM

Mar 2019
The squirrel bit taught me something new today... and with the cuteness of the animation for the snake and squirrel this episode was top-tier!
May 29, 2021 7:44 AM

Jul 2015
Nice movie references from Alien to Sharknado. Seems like the murder mystery has been solved, hopefully Mizushima can rest now in heaven.

Aug 15, 2022 8:54 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Sharknado pun and tool based sharks. I'm glad they're painting sharks in a positive light there
Nov 13, 2023 9:09 AM
Aug 2022
yaay japanizing beam on galapagos

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

47 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 4, 2021

20 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

27 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 13, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Ringare - Jan 21, 2021

34 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Souzou Design-bu Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

39 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.