Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2021 5:49 AM

Jul 2020
Psajdak said:
I will hate Homura for as long as I live.

Oh come on, I'm pretty sure you secretly love Homura. ;)
Jan 29, 2021 7:18 AM

Jan 2018
Wonginus said:
CuteAssTiger said:

well ,source then ? first time i hear anything like that .

Well, seems that I got it wrong: https://www.4gamer.net/games/130/G013023/20110617067/index_4.html I can't understand what Urobuchi is saying exactly, the translation is horrible.

The source regarding the "Black wings" thing or whatever https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2012-01-29

yeah the google translation is pretty difficult .

i think the wing is pretty interesting here.

i would still argue that in light of rebellion it shows homuras downfall .

lets view the OGMadoka and Madoka+Rebellion as 2 seperate things .

because originally madoka wasnt supposed to have a sequel so the wing scene essentially means nothing besides " being mysterious" here.

Rebellion basically provides one easy explanation to what that scene is supposed to show.
but as rebellion wasnt originally planned for the story we should also view the original story by itself .

personally im not really happy with the staff just adding things like that .
i guess the story isnt "hurt" if that scene does not get an explanation but its weird to include things without the author knowing about them

tbhx for the links btw
Jan 29, 2021 7:18 AM

Jan 2018
Wonginus said:
Psajdak said:
I will hate Homura for as long as I live.

Oh come on, I'm pretty sure you secretly love Homura. ;)

he is just a total tsundere for homura ;)
Jan 29, 2021 8:00 AM
Feb 2017
Madoka isn't as good as The Monogatari Series so it can't be #1, sorry.
Jan 29, 2021 8:01 AM
Mar 2020
BlakexEkalb said:

Madoka was never #1, K-On on the other hand...
Jan 29, 2021 8:04 AM
Feb 2017
JezzaC said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Exactly. The Monogatari Series is #1, so discussing anything else as a masterpiece is pointless.
Jan 29, 2021 4:59 PM

Aug 2017
Of course! Madoka Magica Rebellion is 10/10.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2021 3:13 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Catalano said:
Anyways, they should've adapted the Wraith arc manga and continue from there

The Wraith Arc manga didn't come out until 2 years after Rebellion though.
I also think Wraith Arc is a bit too convoluted for my liking, but that's a discussion for another day/thread...

Speaking of Madoka Magica manga, what would actually be pretty cool to see is if SHAFT adapted Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice. Some questionable fanservice in the early chapters aside, that manga was somehow even darker than the original series and went into an very interesting direction with its story and how it chose to make its own spin on the Madoka Magica universe.
Jan 30, 2021 3:18 PM

Oct 2010
Fario-P said:
Catalano said:
Anyways, they should've adapted the Wraith arc manga and continue from there

The Wraith Arc manga didn't come out until 2 years after Rebellion though.
I also think Wraith Arc is a bit too convoluted for my liking, but that's a discussion for another day/thread...

Speaking of Madoka Magica manga, what would actually be pretty cool to see is if SHAFT adapted Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice. Some questionable fanservice in the early chapters aside, that manga was somehow even darker than the original series and went into an very interesting direction with its story and how it chose to make its own spin on the Madoka Magica universe.

epic fail from me, but let's stretch it, madoka magica was an original anime and the series finished with homura fighting the wraiths right? because of what madoka did to ballance the universe, the wraiths had the evil power from the former universe's magical girls. so it's not farfetched to think that a sequel would have been about fightimg the wraiths, right? well, we got a manga for that, that's why I said it's stretched.
Feb 12, 2021 11:07 AM

Mar 2019
Thread moved to the correct sub-board and cleaned.

Please keep the backseat moderating posts to yourself or report it if you think there's an actual issue.
Mar 17, 2021 8:52 PM
Dec 2020
Its pretty good, but the ending I kinda dont get it. Just A bit, you know did she trapped her in the crystal?,rewrite the universe?, changed the universe?, or What??? Somebody pls explain.
Apr 3, 2021 7:34 AM
Sep 2010
Homura (with the power she took from Madoka) turned the entire universe into her labyrinth, which she has complete control over.
She essentially became god of the universe.
Apr 25, 2021 3:57 AM

Jan 2020
BlakexEkalb said:
JezzaC said:

Exactly. The Monogatari Series is #1, so discussing anything else as a masterpiece is pointless.

Now when ex arm exist
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Apr 30, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2018
Couldn't agree more.
Being critical doesn't mean you have good taste.
May 1, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2021
I will love Homura for as long as I live.

Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
I never understood the hate against pessimistic sequels such as End of EVA and Rebellion

Sometimes happy ending is too idealistic like that overrated FMABullshit
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

» Series spoiler! Is the movie somehow related to the tv series?

Alfreda02 - Sep 23, 2022

11 by daibayuus »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.