Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2021 2:35 AM
Dec 2020
Im just started reading this manga and I found the main character is tooooo weak. It's not like I hate him or sth. Just want to know if he will get a buff in later chapter?
Jan 26, 2021 2:41 AM

Jun 2020
I thought the MC was OP? That was one of the main reasons I put this in my PTW, I guess I'll have to rethink about watching this.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 26, 2021 3:54 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Arin-san said:
I thought the MC was OP? That was one of the main reasons I put this in my PTW, I guess I'll have to rethink about watching this.

Osamu is weak, but Yuuma is OP. I read this manga because of Yuuma.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jan 26, 2021 3:59 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Threyja said:
Im just started reading this manga and I found the main character is tooooo weak. It's not like I hate him or sth. Just want to know if he will get a buff in later chapter?

He has the, uh... smarts? If you mean raw power or combat skills then no, he's still weaker than the rest of Tamakoma-2 ...I'm on chapter 197

Jan 26, 2021 4:37 AM

Jun 2020
Lolabelle said:
Arin-san said:

Oh shit I just noticed that this anime has many MCs, who is the main protagonist tho?

Jan 26, 2021 4:42 AM
Dec 2020
Lolabelle said:
Threyja said:

He has the, uh... smarts? If you mean raw power or combat skills then no, he's still weaker than the rest of Tamakoma-2 ...I'm on chapter 197
hmm, if that's the case then will he get famous? (idk sth like that cuz my english is just average)
Jan 26, 2021 5:43 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Arin-san said:
Lolabelle said:

Oh shit I just noticed that this anime has many MCs, who is the main protagonist tho?

Hmm. It started off with Yuuma being the main focus but Osamu is indeed the main protagonist. It doesn't matter that much though, because the they're always together throughout the series

Jan 26, 2021 5:46 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Threyja said:
Lolabelle said:

hmm, if that's the case then will he get famous? (idk sth like that cuz my english is just average)

He is sorta famous in Border

Jan 26, 2021 5:47 AM

Jun 2020
Lolabelle said:
Arin-san said:

Hmm. It started off with Yuuma being the main focus but Osamu is indeed the main protagonist. It doesn't matter that much though, because the they're always together throughout the series

In most covers, Yuuma is always the main focus. If that's the case then I might read it. I have no interest in a weak but smart MC, I'd rather prefer an MC who is both.

Jan 26, 2021 5:53 AM
Dec 2020
Lolabelle said:
Threyja said:

He is sorta famous in Border
okay thanks, that help a lot :D
Feb 8, 2021 8:43 AM
Sep 2018
Threyja said:

He will get power up. But his trion level is low. But his strategy and triol implement is really GOOD.

Arin-san said:

Osumu's character development is really realistic and thus making it a worthwhile to read.

Arin-san said:
Lolabelle said:

Osumu.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Feb 28, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
I think its funny how some ppl want a series to have only one MC. A story can revolve around many people. In this case I believe the author did say Kuga, Osamu, Chika, & Jin are the MCs.

As far as Osamu being weak. Its true. He's not gonna get a trion power up. He's about as normal physically a person as can be. Actually he's marginally average. Its his strategic mind which is his asset. It would maybe be on par w/ Jins foresight from a strategic perspective. He is basically WTs version of Shiroe from Log Horizon, but not an opportunistic asshole at times.

As far as Kuga, of course he's OP. He is Osamus age but fighting since he was Chikas age when he's introduced. Plus hes a neighbor from a planet with far more years of trion warfare knowledge than earth's
Mar 4, 2021 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
eh, this series interesting because osamu IS weak.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 28, 2021 10:09 PM

Feb 2019
This series would be better if Osamu would stronger

He is too much weak, and i hate it
Apr 4, 2021 4:10 PM
Jan 2018
We have 4 main characters. Three are op ones not
Apr 11, 2021 3:51 AM
Dec 2020
Kuma said:
well in my opinion, he should have just 'a little' buff like increase his trion level or a ultimate which is devastating but dangerous (to change everyone mind thinking he is weak)

Btw, when I was just finished reading chapter 152, season 2 came out so I dropped this manga to watch it XD
Apr 11, 2021 4:26 AM

Mar 2015
Threyja said:
Kuma said:
well in my opinion, he should have just 'a little' buff like increase his trion level or a ultimate which is devastating but dangerous (to change everyone mind thinking he is weak)

Btw, when I was just finished reading chapter 152, season 2 came out so I dropped this manga to watch it XD

meh, it would made it generic instead. seeing osamu overcome the power gap was the interesting part about osamu.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 12, 2021 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
Osamu isn't the generic shounen MC who keeps getting power-ups and defeats his enemies with the power of asspulls and his feelings. He's a subversion of that, an ordinary guy and there's really nothing "special" about him. No inner demon, special bloodline, sudden emotional power-ups, or hidden OP ability like other shounen MCs.

His character growth is more subtle and is not about becoming physically stronger, but about coming up with different strategies, becoming a better leader, tactician, and supporter for his team. Fights in World Trigger are much more about teamwork and tactics than power levels, and Osamu plays a supporting role for his teammates.

If you want a strong character then this series already has Kuga as one of the MCs anyway.
Apr 12, 2021 10:40 PM

Jul 2017
i prefer osamu being weak bc imo that is a more realistic approach,
alot of shounen present a weak character and gives them some sort of a power up but osamu is basically a big middlefinger to that trope as he doesn't get such treatement,he is relatively smart but nothing that special,the tricks he learn and come up with are effective at first but become irrelevant pretty fast,and he does get stronger and more skilled although very slowly bc well, that's how reality is, you have to put months or even years of effort to get good at something.
Apr 24, 2021 8:58 PM
Dec 2020
Samt_ said:
Osamu isn't the generic shounen MC who keeps getting power-ups and defeats his enemies with the power of asspulls and his feelings. He's a subversion of that, an ordinary guy and there's really nothing "special" about him. No inner demon, special bloodline, sudden emotional power-ups, or hidden OP ability like other shounen MCs.

His character growth is more subtle and is not about becoming physically stronger, but about coming up with different strategies, becoming a better leader, tactician, and supporter for his team. Fights in World Trigger are much more about teamwork and tactics than power levels, and Osamu plays a supporting role for his teammates.

If you want a strong character then this series already has Kuga as one of the MCs anyway.

Yeah, I know this manga tend to be more about tactical than generic fighting and that is what I love about this manga. Kinda feel stopid about what I have said... But now I want him to be smarter and be more creative in his stragegy XD, some bold and outsmarting move would work like lelouch and some other character in some wits fighting anime (idk what those anime genre called)
May 2, 2021 7:59 PM

Jan 2020
Threyja said:
Samt_ said:

Yeah, I know this manga tend to be more about tactical than generic fighting and that is what I love about this manga. Kinda feel stopid about what I have said... But now I want him to be smarter and be more creative in his stragegy XD, some bold and outsmarting move would work like lelouch and some other character in some wits fighting anime (idk what those anime genre called)

His tunnel planning is very good. So i wouldn't be surprised if he managed to pull a lelouch and outsmart everyone. But probably at final arcs when he get more experience
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jul 25, 2021 5:58 PM
May 2020
Osamu is a good MC. True that Osamu, Yuma, Chika and Jin are main characters, but Osamu is the protagonist and the audience views the story through his perspective. Osamu being a not-so-strong protagonist in Shounen is refreshing. Yes, Osamu is weak and it sometimes gets annoying, but his perspective on some things are interesting. I like Osamu more than some well-known Shounen protagonists. If you are reading this, then I would like to thank you for your time.
Nov 8, 2021 2:58 AM

May 2018
Finally Shounen Battle manga that doesn't have unrelatably OP Mc that can do anything because he is chosen one, or has demon inside, or is of race of superhumans or has unique powerful skill from the get go, or is basically god.
Nov 11, 2021 2:53 AM

May 2018
KuuhakuDesu said:
klakson188 said:
Finally Shounen Battle manga that doesn't have unrelatably OP Mc that can do anything because he is chosen one, or has demon inside, or is of race of superhumans or has unique powerful skill from the get go, or is basically god.

Kuma said:

Yet, here we are seeing people actually complain about the lack of the OP MC trope in World Triigger.

If nothing else, it's just Exhibit A on why the trope is so omnipresent in manga and anime to begin with.

It's a habit of many people who are watching anime or reading manga. Just like my mom watching soap operas and now won't watch other kinds of shows because it's too different.
Nov 24, 2021 2:48 AM
Nov 2019
That's how it should be. Instead getting ridiculous power ups it focuses on acknowledging what you're, improve little by little and support the team in a best possible way. It doesn't rely on over the top momentum shift. That's what sets it apart from other overrated shounen out there.
Jan 5, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 2022
Even though Osamu is being taken from a realistic view. He is annoyingly getting irrelevant when I see others around him and that is how reality is also shaped. Once you start depending on someone to get somewhere your relevance diminishes in the eyes of others. He is not so smart to outsmart certain people and his strategies are usually voided half way through. Hyuse makes home look less relevant as hyuse is smart as well as strong, he is decisive and takes every situation or most into consideration when fighting. Osamu has a great mind of responsibility and good response to situation but still it is nothing special. If he doesn't get a Trion boost or black trigger a huge boost to his mental strategies and physical abilities such as head on fighting and stuff like that would be cool and beneficial too. I feel like as he is, in a battle he would be killed off first when kuha and the rest are not there. And that is how reality works. To survive in the real word, one has to develop faster in certain areas than others and such development can either be strategic or in physical ability and awareness. This is just my thoughts
Feb 16, 2022 3:05 AM
Jul 2019
Atleast he isn't too OP, but he makes up for his lack of combat prowess with his brains and i like that about him. He evolves but its really subtle. Last i checked, he's pretty popular with Japan audience (He was ranked no.1 in the two popularity polls). He is a great and realistic character.
Jun 3, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2020
I don't really care about MC being weak. The one that bother me the most is he just too annoying.
Sep 4, 2022 12:38 AM
Aug 2013
Yuuma is the main MC, then Osamu. How do I know? Generally, the main MC is always featured in volume 1 of shonen mangas.

But generally, it doesn't matter because the story focuses on the entire team --> thegood thing is that Osamu is training and trying to become better, and Yuuma is OP but also has many handicaps -- the main one is that he is not allowed to use his black trigger which is he familiar with the most so he is technically using a trigger he never used before.
Sep 6, 2022 12:59 AM
Sep 2017
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Yuuma is the main MC, then Osamu. How do I know? Generally, the main MC is always featured in volume 1 of shonen mangas.

yes and no this is especially prevelant in mangas that have multiple MCs like this like Magi where aladin while being the MC is not the protagonist that's where the destinction comes from and the same goes for world trigger. speaking in technical terms neither yuma nor osamu are the MC that would be the entety of border as the story centers around what border is what it provides and how it helps to deal with it. in those terms yuma is the protagonist as he starts of the entire series and drives it forward a lot (shared a bit with osamu) where as osamu shares a bit of the protagonist role with yuma his main point is the POV character which solidifies him as more of the MC then yuma is.
but i do agree that it doesn't really matter as it's a focus on team dynamics. hell WT in that regard is one of the best showing in the devide between traditional western and eastern work places.
Dec 11, 2022 1:23 PM

May 2019
klakson188 said:

Osamu is the ultimate Underdog MC character, but unlike most of other series, WT breaks that usual trope of "Underdog / Good Guy never loses" and make Osamu to be more realistic:

- Lots of effort and brain skills, but still loses, a lot, until he learn lessons and helps his strong mates to win.

I love WT for that mature tone and well worked plot, it is really a rare diamond among tons of series from lazy authors where similar situations are treated with plot armor and convenient luck to make the MC more baddass, which Osamu definitely is not.

Dec 11, 2022 1:23 PM

May 2019
Btw, Osamu is undoubtely WT's Main Character.

Most events in the series take place from his point of view and we hear his thoughts more often than any other character.
Feb 5, 2023 2:45 AM

Oct 2010
I'm happy reading this thread learning that osamu doesn't get lame powerups out of nowhere, good

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.