Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2020 7:10 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A shame that this didn't make it to the end. It's a fun show that was getting progressively cooler, with an endearing cast of characters and some nice designs and set-pieces. The animation seemd to have improved as the episodes went on too, like with Galvion's transformation scenes and the combat. The dynamic of Shadow and Henry also provided an interesting backdrop, and variety episode to episode. It also seemed to be a kind of incubator of different ideas for Artmic.

At least they were able to animate an Amazon episode. Not gonna complain about that. Thought it was a nice touch that their ultra-quick summary of what was supposed to be the final half of the series was so ambiguous. It was what anyone watching the show would have expected anyway, yet it left a lot to the imagination. How did Rei actually crush Henry's ambitions? Guess we'll never know.
Jul 18, 2021 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah it is a shame the series didn't reach its end. I wonder just how abrupt the end of the show came? Because as you say the show definitely had laid out a pretty obvious path for its remaining episodes with Henry slowly wiping out Shadow and taking control for himself, falling for Rei and ultimately coming up short against Circus in the end. The show could have quickly been finished in 2-3 episodes so a real shame we never got that with an OVA or something.

I agree the show got steadily better as it went, fairly standard of the era but it did have a decent cast of characters. I also would have liked to see whether or not Teri and Muu got together as they had a spark from about halfway through the show.

Anyway Galvion was a fair show for the time, cut short which is unfortunate though where it was going was very obvious so I don't feel like I missed out too much. Bizarre final episode though.
Dec 2, 2023 3:35 PM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
I gotta say, after a rough start that had me wondering if I would get past the first five episodes or so, Galvion really grew on me. The cast of characters was pretty likeable, especially once the supporting cast became more firmly established, and the art seemed to improve quite a bit as the series went on.

It's a real shame this was never finished in the form of an OVA, or even a manga. As far as I know only 26 episodes were ever planned, and a 23rd had already been animated when it got axed. Again, a real shame.

Perhaps if it ends up being included in a Super Robot Wars game the series can be given some kind of conclusion at least.
Beep boop

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chou Kousoku Galvion Episode 17 Discussion

JaceyFox - Dec 1, 2023

0 by JaceyFox »»
Dec 1, 2023 4:58 AM

Poll: » Chou Kousoku Galvion Episode 4 Discussion

syncrogazer - Nov 28, 2020

1 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 23, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Chou Kousoku Galvion Episode 3 Discussion

JaceyFox - Nov 23, 2023

0 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 23, 2023 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chou Kousoku Galvion Episode 1 Discussion

Nigerianotaku40 - May 19, 2021

2 by JaceyFox »»
Nov 22, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Chou Kousoku Galvion Episode 2 Discussion

BlaizeV - Jul 10, 2021

0 by BlaizeV »»
Jul 10, 2021 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.