Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 25, 2016 12:11 PM
Dec 2014
The first time I saw Nina I new she is the twin sister.
Jun 11, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2015
I’m confused if the detective knew that both twins are alive why he didn’t keep interviewing them or monitoring them… he is quite obsessed with Dr. Tenma instead of solving the case because if that want the case he would have been pestering all of them, the twins & Tenma in equality not the other way around… He is supposed to do what Tenma is doing in this episode, after all he has more resources that a Doctor trying to gather information… *Sigh*
Roy_FockerJun 13, 2017 10:17 PM
Jan 23, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
Nina is a really likeable character, it's a shame that she'll inevitably get caught up in this.
Feb 16, 2018 2:03 AM

Sep 2017
Good episode, we see a lot more of Johan now.

I don't understand how Tenma found out about Johan's place after disappearing.

BTW, Johan feeds on fear. That's awesome.
Johan is lot like the Joker for Tenma's batman, where Tenma doesn't want to kill, but Johan is ready to kill.

Nina is just a sideshow however.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2016
The reveal wasn't that surprising, but I'm really a fan of the slow build up here.

I hope that Tenma will make it to Anna in time and be able to save her foster parent's, cause they seem like good people.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2019 2:51 PM
Apr 2016
So, Johan & Nina are both fine. Nina is getting weird messages from Johan, as it seems. Nina saw him, and passed out, damn...
Apr 30, 2019 4:40 AM
Apr 2018
The episode was a bit boring, well, average, but it got good when the parents showed Nina a supposed picture of her.

The build up towards the encounter between the two siblings was goooood.
May 17, 2019 10:36 PM

May 2013
After seeing this, it looks like it really influenced B: The Beginning

Nate ©
Oct 12, 2019 2:01 AM

Dec 2018
Johan probably adopted by a lot of couples, and killed all of them. That's why the couples that was recently killed had no child.

So.... Johan would "collect"(lol) Nina when she was 20, and at the same time her foster parents will tell her that they're not their real parents. Don't tell me that the parents was being bribed by Johan too. Just how rich is this guy ?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 5, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2017
This was a good episode to see what the younger twin sister had been up to. Really enjoy the anime conveying an ominous atmosphere whenever Johan is present
Sep 12, 2020 6:45 AM

Jul 2020
Seems like Johan is a psychopath and those who he murdered seems like his foster parents, still wondering why he did that. Is it just simply to satisfy his desire to see fear? Well if he’s a psychopath that isn’t impossible.

I was surprised when that old man said he’s blind, maybe that’s why Johan didn’t kill him since he can’t see him and doesn’t even know his real name.
Nov 22, 2020 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
Nina's life is about to become a living hell I bet.
Feb 9, 2021 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
Nina was obviously Johan's sister. I am extremely hyped for this series. I think it might become one of my favorites.
Jun 16, 2021 2:09 PM

Jan 2020
Very different from the previous episode but I loved it. Anna is an amazing character so far and she adds a lot to the series.

I wasn't expecting her personality to get introduced in such a happy manner though lol. I'm glad she's happier now

Jun 30, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2021
This has me so hooked.
Also poor Nina. I feel kinda bad for her
Oct 11, 2021 7:13 AM

Jul 2015
Johan is quite the psychopath for showing such interest in fear from the old nazi guy's story and on top of that a fricking genius for learning english and french in a year time (I still suck at both of them after 5 years....)

Oct 26, 2021 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
This is getting interesting. I bet that Nina will get caught in Johan's plans.
Nov 26, 2021 12:35 PM
Nov 2020
in every episode this show becomes more exciting
Dec 2, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2020
As soon as I saw Nina, I knew she was Johan's sister.

We are five episodes in. It's apparent that this show is slow-paced, so I have to watch this in a chilling mood. Good thing I didn't come to this show expecting every episode to be intense like Death Note.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 18, 2021 12:48 PM

Mar 2021
So Nina is Johans twin sister it seems as if the trauma of what happened made her lose her memory. Johan seems like a smart guy and a cool villain I’m just hoping he’s not the only one of this series. Also the old guy seems to have contributed allot to Johan being more messed up than he already was.
Feb 8, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2021
Know wonder Johan was comfortable around the old man he was blind I hope Tenma doesn’t end up abandoning his ideals because of all of this
May 3, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
So the perfect flawless girl just so happens to be suffering from trauma right when a guy's looking for her? Other than that pretty good ep
Aug 23, 2022 5:14 PM
Aug 2022
loved it so so much
Sep 20, 2022 11:34 PM
Apr 2021
Mixxu said:
Okay so this was a peaceful episode and no bad thing in this once slowly story progressing.

About Episode:

So this Nina is the same girl who was in wheelchair. And obviously Johan is looking for her. Nina is also really popular and beautiful girl. But she is too sensitive because she collapsed too many times already. I wonder how Nina is going to accept that she is adopted.

Looks like Johan was mastermind of languages and only 12-year old boy. That's something for so young talented boy. That old man who served Tenma tea was nice and I think Johan had something to do with that he is blind. So Johan enjoys terror and people in fear. Obviously mark for Psycho.

Still it seems Nina is getting his memories back like she had amnesia they talked about. Getting random emails sure is scary but it could also mean that Johan loves Nina and don't want to hurt here.

So good to see this episode had Tenma also I think first this was a filler episode with this Nina girl past.

So Tenma is now detective and not doctor anymore I guess he quit the job for getting to know more about Johan.

So Johan is known as Franz and Michael so many fake names. Scary part was that Johan was just looking Nina and when Nina saw him. She just collapsed on the ground. Let's hope that Tenma is going to meet that girl in next ep.

Good one
5/5

Can anybody tell how Dr. Tenma found the other names of Johan? Was it mentioned some where?
Jan 3, 2023 7:26 AM
Sep 2007
Poor Nina. Apparently she subconciously remembers the massacre of her family, hence her panic attack at the professor's question.
Considering that and fact that she doesn't remember her childood, those emails are more suspicious than romantic if you ask me. As if someone was stalking her.

Tenma walks around and asks people for Johan... Did he quit his job or something? It's not like you have time to walk around the city looking for someone when you're active MD - if you have enough free time to get a decent sleep, you're good.
korsarzJan 3, 2023 7:35 AM
Jan 6, 2023 6:46 AM
May 2020
johan seems like a deranged dude
Jan 8, 2023 12:47 PM
Oct 2019
Another new main character was introduced: Anna Liebert (or known as "Nina Fortner" in this episode).

We got more information about the god char Johann Liebert...

The end of the episode was so unique and well done. The scene were Anna saw Johann "for the first time"...
Jan 30, 2023 12:27 AM

Dec 2020
favorite ep so far, literally was so out of it in the beginning it took me like half the episode to piece together who nina was. and that everyone was referring to johan lol. 
Feb 6, 2023 6:01 PM
Jan 2023
This show creates such an uneasy feeling in the viewer its crazy.
Feb 28, 2023 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Nina Fortner, yeah hahaha you're not fooling me. The first thing I thought of when seeing a 20 years old ish girl with blonde hair and blue eyes with a keen intellect was. "Oh, this is Johan's sister" The fact that she can't even remember her childhood suggest back to Jonah's sister's amnesia after the shock she got from her family's murder.

Seems like Johan is about to meet her soon, but ofc, the guy has to be teasing the audience like this... Well, from what I can tell, Nina would learn of her past from her foster parents first, and if she's smart, she would connect two and two together and figure out that the handsome guy watching over her from afar that she felt familiar of is in fact her long lost brother.

Meanwhile, Dr. Tenma is out here trying to earn a Ph.D. in detective work. I know he cares for his patient but damn, this is stepping over the line for a mere surgeon. 
Mar 13, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2022
Pff, I'm loving it but for some reason I feel like I'll enjoy reading the manga more. I don't know what to do. xd
Mar 25, 2023 3:19 PM

Aug 2019
JOHAN, STOP CREEPING ME OUT, DUDE 

Anyway, his sister is stunningly beautiful and a genius.

Tenma, don’t you have work to do at the hospital.

I won’t deny it, Johan is attractive. 
Apr 7, 2023 11:35 AM

Dec 2022
I started to expect that Nina was Johan's twin sis after that whole "your prince on the white horse!" lol. I could've figured it out way earlier but got too carried with Johan's charisma like i mean he attractive after all at least in my pov.

Apr 27, 2023 12:43 PM
Oct 2022
What did you think of this episode?
May 2, 2023 1:57 AM

Nov 2021
tbh the manga's pacing is much better and doesn't feel as dragged out-

Jun 8, 2023 12:39 PM
Apr 2020
Good episode but the buildup was too long
Aug 15, 2023 8:26 AM
Feb 2022
uhm thats ok but ı eeeeeeeeeeeee
Oct 14, 2023 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
>random old man just happens to have all the answers

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 15, 2023 3:52 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bro is gaslighting everyone he's ever known.
Dec 7, 2023 9:51 AM
Oct 2022
En su fuero interno se mantenía firme: era tan poco probable que Zimmerman se suicidara como que
lo hiciera él mismo. No mostraba ningún signo de tendencias suicidas, inclinaciones a la autodestrucción ni
propensión a la violencia contra sí mismo. Zimmerman era neurótico y testarudo, y estaba apenas
empezando a comprender la percepción analítica; era un hombre al que todavía había que empujar para
que consiguiese algo, como sin duda habían tenido que empujarlo a la vía del metro. Pero Ricky empezaba
a tener problemas para discernir la realidad de lo que no lo era. Incluso con la nota de Riggins delante, tras
su visita a la estación de metro y la comisaría, seguía costándole aceptar la realidad de la muerte de
Zimmerman. Seguía alojado en algún lugar surrealista de su mente. Bajó los ojos hacia la carta de suicidio y
comprendió que él era la única persona nombrada. Volvió a reparar en que no estaba firmada a mano, sólo
habían mecanografiado el nombre. O lo había hecho el propio Zimmerman si es que él la había escrito.
Jan 26, 6:30 PM
Jun 2022
Are They Going To Drag This For 70 Episodes , Can Be Done In 12 .
Feb 5, 2:42 PM
May 2023
I totally forgot about the girl, not really but I thought she wouldn't take a big part in the story, now it seems like she will. So, we have the doctor, the twins and the detective, that square is representing the story right now. Fascinating!
Feb 20, 3:06 AM
Dec 2022
So Nina is Johans sister, was kinda getting the idea that she freaked out in class, but was 100% sure about it by the end of the episode.
Also more lore on Johan was interesting.
Feb 21, 7:16 AM

Jan 2022
Monster Episode 5-6

I was surprised that they show the culprit of all the killings early in the show. The ghost of Dr. Tenma's past came back to threaten the fulfilled life that he had built. Now, the boy that he saved, Johann, who he thought showed him the right path towards his ideals, is the one that will break it and turn everything that he has into chaos.

These episodes gave us insights on the nature of Johann. The old blind man said that he was a prodigy, who learned and became fluent in English and French within a few months. He also said that the young boy was interested in war stories that specifically tell terror in the face of death. We also found out about this girl named Nina who has no memories of her childhood. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but there is a big chance that she was the missing sister of Johann.

(2024-02-21 23:16)

Feb 28, 10:51 AM
Oct 2022
i love when they show you that brother´s scene, so epic, so interesting, so mysterious
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

623 by Animequeen_xx »»
Apr 13, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.