Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Sep 23, 2020 5:15 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This got to be one of the worst anime of 2020.

2.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 23, 2020 6:06 PM
Jan 2017
Excellent ep, some cuts that I missed but didn't compromise, sad for the end but that come Progressive, Moon Craddle and Unital Ring we are waiting for you with an open heart!
Sep 23, 2020 9:37 PM

Mar 2017
I don't know why they decided to stop Kirito from reaching the terminal in time forcing him to spend 200 years in the underworld only to have his memories erased rendering the entire thing pointless and robbing him of his time with Asuna only then for a fucking clone of his consciousness to be made that retained the memories which means there's two Kiritos now and I hate that. Also how does Alice have a seemingly perfect robot body out of nowhere that's weird. Can't Yui get one too? and what was that with the spaceships? Overall a mediocre ending to an otherwise spectacular series.
Air-117Sep 23, 2020 9:54 PM
Sep 23, 2020 9:39 PM
Sep 2019
Yeah but that ending tho what the fuck is we now on space age a couple years ago they were fighting with swords
Sep 23, 2020 9:39 PM

Apr 2020
Is there is a light novel explaining what happened in those 200 years!
please tell me. If there is!!
Sep 23, 2020 9:42 PM
Sep 2019
RazielZero said:
Wtf... I mean I guess I can understand that much time has passed, but why did they not slow the speed down after Kirito and Asuna was stuck in there? In the first place they were only supposed to stay in there for a few mins (which meant 200 years for them), and yet they seemingly got out weeks or months later while Alice got an android body somehow. Also why can't they just look into how the Underworld is faring? All this technology and you can't like snapshot a moment of the world?
I guess the two girls were supposed to be just descendants of the other girls, and our couple is now worshipped or remembered as king and queen, but that doesn't really explain how one of them saw Eugeo. She shouldn't have had any memories of him unless this was reincarnation somehow (but then why didn't Eugeo reincarnate as well...).
Alice delivering herself was stupid but at least funny, although I don't see why she had to be naked (and still bringing clothes apparently). I felt like every moment in Kirito's house was spent to just build his harem once again.
Kayaba just keeps coming back, can't have a season without him. Also no more info of Copy-Kirito I guess, but we will probably get back to these two in the next arc.

I'm glad Alicization is finally over. Easily the worst arc for me, probably even worse in some ways than ALO. I'm sorry but the whole time I just couldn't feel any attachment to this world that felt like it didn't really have any actual consequence on the real world. Like yay we get new AIs to use as weapons. Also not sure why Alice was the only suitable when multiple others broke the taboo thing as well, but okay.
To me the series was based around actual games, that's what made me like them even if it was often stupid. I feel like the Underworld itself wasn't a bad concept, but the execution of it was just poor. So many mechanics not explained well (apparently partially thanks to bad adaptation), and by the second half they just threw random stuff there to make it seem cooler. Like the whole administrator part was at least somewhat interesting with her trying to leave this simulation, but then this time we had some random psychopaths (one of them being from LC, cause we need those as well, can't have enough), with basically no actual backstory other than "I hate the Japanese" and "I like to kill people". They both got super accounts which justified their powers, only to both be lost and them coming back with their regular accounts and yet somehow still retaining their powers, and actually being even better. Like why, how?
Sure we got cool fights here and there thanks to that, and it was nice to see the old gang coming back, but it all felt meaningless, especially the hundreds of American and Chinese players somehow connecting to this network that should be isolated from everywhere else, only to be used as fodder. Also we somehow skipped the risks the Japanese players took by coming here.

The whole arc could have also been much shorter if we didn't spend time in both Alicization halves with introducing integrity knights and later dark territory races only to show them fight a bit then move on to the next one. All pointless.
Also let's not forget the unncessary gore and rape scenes as per usual, but turned up even more cause we can't bring out emotions without those.
Kirito got some more power ups with incarnation I guess (never explained so thanks), beat everyone and that's it.
Oh also Eugeo's sacrifice and loss could have also been handled much better had he not appear like 5 times in the last few episodes to help Kirito. Make it once and make it impactful, quality over quantity, you know.

At least the music and animation was great most of the time, as usual, but other than that, it feels like a boring and pointless arc. I can't believe this whole arc was the same length as the previous arcs together. All we have seem to have gotten was an android Alice and some vague info on possible future events with Copy-Kirito. I'll give it a 4/10, same as Underworld part one, while the regular Alicization and Ordinal was at least a 6, and the first two seasons 8. That's how much I feel like the quality of the story has been dropping since the first seasons. I really hope Progressive will be fun again.

The red head girl saw eugeo since they became integrity knight and remembered they dont age
Sep 24, 2020 1:14 AM

Jan 2013
I do have some gripes about the second part of Alicization. The first part was brilliant, felt like SAO was truly going back to the roots, Kirito facing the small to big challenges to become the best he can be to reach his goal and having Eugeo as a partner all throughout makes it even more better.

Part 2 however was something else entirely, a long dragged out fight focusing on the side characters is not why I love this show, maybe would have been better if Eugeo took over the role of Kirito and lead the battle.

This war lasted basically a day, and it got bogged down by deus-ex-machina characters from the previous season, which were not properly put on to the show. AND the final fight was basically a dragon ball z fight, where the Antagonist had undefined abilities which I hated. SAO fights always came down to whoever was the better fighter or stronger will power, this time Kirito won by... I can't even explain how, he just did.

Last few eps i did enjoy, grounded the anime very well and set it up nicely for the next adaptation.
Sep 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Jorg3gam-uwu said:
The red head girl saw eugeo since they became integrity knight and remembered they dont age

Some people clarified though already that they are descendants of the two girls, that's why they have different names. I mentioned this as well in my post. That's why it's stupid that the red haired one would remember or hallucinate Eugeo since she shouldn't know him (even if they made paintings or statues of him for his service while Kirito stayed there for 200 years or something, that reaction doesn't fit). Unless the girl was reincarnated somehow, but then that just presents even more questions.
Sep 24, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 2020
Gosh that's a lot of skipping scene. Feel really rush, prolly cause they have to cramped it out into 11 episode. This whole series is a complete mess. Don't get me wrong I've been a fan of sao since 1st season, but this, this is just complete mess. 200 years=20 mins right? Then why the fuck did kirito and asuna looks like they sleep for fucking months? The last scene on episode 9 show that they able to log out right? Then why they still sleeping? Just didn't make sense whatsoever. What about kirito copy? Where is he? What happened to heathcliff and kirito copy after that? What the fuck?
Sep 24, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
BreadAlien said:
Gosh that's a lot of skipping scene. Feel really rush, prolly cause they have to cramped it out into 11 episode. This whole series is a complete mess. Don't get me wrong I've been a fan of sao since 1st season, but this, this is just complete mess. 200 years=20 mins right? Then why the fuck did kirito and asuna looks like they sleep for fucking months? The last scene on episode 9 show that they able to log out right? Then why they still sleeping? Just didn't make sense whatsoever. What about kirito copy? Where is he? What happened to heathcliff and kirito copy after that? What the fuck?
they sleep months after log out in the simulation because of the memory of their self load of 200 years, that why the two of them had unconcious state. Because the enemy upping Fluclight x1000, its harmful to their brain, like happen to Gabriel. Kirito copy stole by Higa when you see he has the mini machine. Copy of Kirito is possibly to delve on last arc. Heathcliff too.

Sep 24, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2016
RazielZero said:
Jorg3gam-uwu said:

Some people clarified though already that they are descendants of the two girls, that's why they have different names. I mentioned this as well in my post. That's why it's stupid that the red haired one would remember or hallucinate Eugeo since she shouldn't know him (even if they made paintings or statues of him for his service while Kirito stayed there for 200 years or something, that reaction doesn't fit). Unless the girl was reincarnated somehow, but then that just presents even more questions.
thats the same in the LN. In my understanding is more because she is descendant of Tiese and she has a feelings for Eugeo. More on reincarnation thing like on the movies.

Sep 24, 2020 1:47 PM
Mar 2020
chriskor022 said:
BreadAlien said:
they sleep months after log out in the simulation because of the memory of their self load of 200 years, that why the two of them had unconcious state. Because the enemy upping Fluclight x1000, its harmful to their brain, like happen to Gabriel. Kirito copy stole by Higa when you see he has the mini machine. Copy of Kirito is possibly to delve on last arc. Heathcliff too.
Yeah just read the LN version. Far more better and organized. Still this adaption is just missing lots of key point from LN and it makes me confused as fuck. Lots of questions finally answered. Finally I can sleep well tonight
Sep 24, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2014
Tbh I didn't like Underworld part. Fights were nice etc, but way too much friendship power and つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Real world, on the other hand, was good. Human rights for AI, Kirito's parents, after effects of spending so much time in different world... all great topics.
Now, that ending. Wtf? It sure looks interesting and I can't wait for another adaptation, but seeing sapceships was the last thing I expected there. And while it'd be glorious to see Kirito going full return-of-the-legend, it's kinda shame he took two girls with him - makes it harder to grow harem lol. I'm also not that fond of the idea of jumping right into another conflict. For all bad that can be said about Aincrad arc, at least it had more distant goal and didn't give such a feeling of pressure; it felt like a marathon, while all the later arcs are sprints, where there is always rush to beat another annoying bad guy.
JustAnotherShiroSep 24, 2020 2:16 PM
Sep 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Jun 2017
What the fuck A1, goddamn it, some things never change A-1 pictures is still going for those damn cliffhanger endings. Anyway, I guess it's kinda fun watching this episode, the first half of it.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 25, 2020 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
WTF Underworld went beyond modernized and all futuristic huh...
Kirito will return of course but when???
i didn't see the part where Asuna was jealous seeing Alice and Kirito together...looks like they didn't include that part...
5/5.
8/10.

Sep 25, 2020 2:39 AM

Feb 2018
There is nothing to say to the ending. I hope they will make thatt AI Kirito topic interesting.
Sep 25, 2020 1:11 PM
Jul 2020
Bruh, they really just said, "Let's make a Star Wars".
Sep 26, 2020 1:39 AM

Jun 2016
My Hyper Late Reply to this discussion. I've already discussed SAO Alicization to the death already, however, it wouldn't feel right without leaving a reply on the final episode discussion thread so here I am.

Honestly, I have no qualms with the way WOU ended. In fact I was betting that the final scene would be Kayabot, which turned out to be true. So all in all, I'd say this turned out to be a good episode, allowing WOU to end off on a good note, rather than a sour one.

Ah... The Last Episode of Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld Part Two. It wasn't a bad episode, in fact I genuinely have no idea why the art and animation was so much better with the pointless monster at the end than it was against PoH, however, it looked fine and a lot of finer details were included so I have no problems. The IP Address on the piece of paper Kirito gets will lead you to an interesting easter egg, the emblem at the top of the spacecraft which has been seen in Accel World is also included, and the final battle was not a bad one by anymeans, albeit unnecessary.

Spaceship Battles... Now this was unnecessary to adapt as I don't believe the Moon Cradle novels ever reach that point, nor will Unital Ring arc ever cover this, so I assume the entire spaceship battle premise ends here and now, which is why I believe there was absolutely no point in adapting that scene. The emblem was the only detail that will most likely carry over in the franchise, so I believe including it in any other anime original fashion would have allowed WOU just a bit more time to expand on certain scenes we've missed out on, but there's no crying over spilt milk. At the very least, it didn't look bad.

Honestly, I can only look back at Alicization and feel a bit disappointed, as the only episodes that truly either met or exceeded my expectations were the first 4 and the final 4 episodes. For an arc that elevated the novels to new highs, it felt as if new lows were achieved with the Alicization anime adaptation. It's quite unfortunate, to say the very least.
Sep 26, 2020 4:26 AM

Oct 2013
Oh man, I miss the good ol' days when SAO was all about leveling, killing monsters and ascending the tower and also if you die in game you die irl, that gave me the thrill from watching this series.

Kirito is basically the God of the underworld, he's too damn OP to the point i feel like this series has lost its core potentials and kinda boring to watch.

Also how many times Kirito has to say goodbye to Eugeo ? the dude still show himself from time to time as if he ain't dead yet, that's borderline cringe and kinda gay tbh wtf man can Kirito just stop being so damn mellow and move the fk on already ? nothing against Eugeo tho he's a great character but bringing him up in random situation is pretty Cliché like for instance he physically helps Kirito fighting PoH, wth. i feel like the author couldn't make up his mind about Eugeo's death.

I don't want to complain much because this series still good as it is, plus Asuna is the ultimate waifu. I don't know what to expect from the next season, could be some weird arc but i'd still watch it regardless because i'm an helpless SAO nerd.

Overall score 8/10, now onto the next season "Star Wars Art Online"

Sep 26, 2020 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
that was so abrupt.... the season was good..but it was so much rushed in the end
Sep 26, 2020 1:29 PM

Oct 2012
That package was a cute move from Alice. Such a shame it won't ship.

But... i'm not sure how i feel about the spaceships... and how did those 2 girls survive, it's been hundreds if not thousands of years in Underworld if Kirito&Asuna were stuck for a minimum 200, then in a coma? for some duration irl while Alice was alone in the world, and then the time they were awake again. Depending on the time dilation of course.

Well.. if there really is another season coming, if Alice is in it i'll likely give it a go.
Sep 26, 2020 6:19 PM

Jul 2016
Shiniela said:
That package was a cute move from Alice. Such a shame it won't ship.

But... i'm not sure how i feel about the spaceships... and how did those 2 girls survive, it's been hundreds if not thousands of years in Underworld if Kirito&Asuna were stuck for a minimum 200, then in a coma? for some duration irl while Alice was alone in the world, and then the time they were awake again. Depending on the time dilation of course.

Well.. if there really is another season coming, if Alice is in it i'll likely give it a go.
its not a spaceship they called it mechadragon, we dont what happen in 200 years but the copy of Kirito has gave the underworlders knowledge of real world. Those two girls are descendant of Tiese and Ronye. 20 minutes after Alice log out, when Kirito and Asuna log out too. But of how load of memories in their brain that they are in coma state for months. Beacause of how fluclight works. The enemy accelarate at x1000 and it harmful to human, like happen to Gabriel Miller.

The next arc is still publishing, so after several years to conclude and its final arc. And the anime is tend to adapt it when the source is completed, so the sequal is not anytime soon.

Sep 26, 2020 10:56 PM
Jun 2020
So like I thought it was the last season but I guess not from what it seems. Idk what to think.
Sep 27, 2020 12:08 AM
Jun 2020
Okay so how do i put this. SAO was my hope for the past few months during lock down and I was super excited when it finished airing because I wanted to watch everything one time, I got my expectations so high that they were crushed by the most massive bolder ever😂😂... It wasn't bad to be honest I was just expecting more with kirito and Asuna like I was mainly looking forward to the moments they were going to share but not that many were shown which was the biggest blow coz their love story is usually just my cherry on top with the action and all that. Some of the moments were super heartwarming and it was really cool seeing Yuuki like she put the biggest smile on my face and I loved the interactions between the dark territory fighters and the human empire too those were really nice to see. The animation was really nice too especially the fights were cool too... But the bad this i didn't like is just that I felt a lot of things were missing and we barely got to see Sinon and leafa like I feel sorry for their fans you know, about this episode the kirito and Alice teasing got a bit out of hand but I'm not to worried coz I could see that kirito was just trying to be the nice person which he painfully is 😅😅 but that ending left me confused and at this point after getting my hopes crushed I don't really know what to expect for the future seasons... I am extremely excited about progressive coz we will finally get some insight on the beginning of SAO and some Asuna screentime which was lacking this whole season.. Thank you to those of you who stayed long enough to read my thoughts.
im_amessy_kidSep 27, 2020 12:19 AM
Sep 27, 2020 5:47 AM
Oct 2012
that ip address blew my mind lol. gonna continue to the light novel, i hope its still good
Sep 27, 2020 6:11 AM

Jun 2020
Kabutiermon said:
Holy crap that was awful. It's like they took everything bad about SAO and magnified it by a hundred. 3/10, and making note to not take any of the top reviewers who give it more than a 5/10 seriously ever again.
At least the top reviewers explain why they rated Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld season 2 how they did. The only thing I thought was bad was the deus ex machina writing that disregarded Alfheim Online arc's own plot points. For example, when Asuna drops the key card to Kirito despite developers putting a barrier in place.
"
Sep 27, 2020 6:19 AM

Jun 2020
I didn't know if Alicization was the last arc of SAO, but in this episode discussion I read about Moon Cradle and Unital Ring. The order was not consistent so which is first?
"
Sep 27, 2020 1:05 PM
Dec 2017
This show is bad. It's so bad. Especially the edingng. It's jsut so bad.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO I KEEP WATCHING AND WANT ANOTHER SEASON!?!?!

fml.
Sep 27, 2020 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
FromTheIsland said:

fml.
because you are dumb. And have no life. Explain how it is bad?

Sep 27, 2020 7:50 PM

Jul 2016
Weeb_Isekai said:
I didn't know if Alicization was the last arc of SAO, but in this episode discussion I read about Moon Cradle and Unital Ring. The order was not consistent so which is first?
moon cradle its spin off of Alicization about life of Kirito and Asuna in the Underworld for 200 years. And then Unital Ring the final arc.

Sep 28, 2020 12:51 AM
Dec 2017
chriskor022 said:
FromTheIsland said:

fml.

Don't get me wrong, it's a technically well done show. The animation and sound design is great, the overall story arc is... fine. The problem is the writing. It doesn't stick to it's own rules and half the time when there is a problem or obstacle, they just randomly introduce a new plot point to smooth it over. Almost every success just comes across as a deus ex machina. It feels like they prioritised making a bunch of 'cool scenes' over an actual coherent story.

The whole show is like a like store bought cake where instead of adding quality ingredients they just pump the thing full of sugar, and yeah, you know it's not gonna be a quality cake in any way, but you're still gonna eat the damn thing because it's sugary as fuck. Even though I know this show is bad, once I accept that fact, and watch the show for what it is, an over the top edgy power fantasy, even if I'm face palming through half of it, I do kinda enjoy it.

tl;dr This show is trash and so am I.
Sep 28, 2020 2:03 AM

Jul 2016
FromTheIsland said:
chriskor022 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's a technically well done show. The animation and sound design is great, the overall story arc is... fine. The problem is the writing. It doesn't stick to it's own rules and half the time when there is a problem or obstacle, they just randomly introduce a new plot point to smooth it over. Almost every success just comes across as a deus ex machina. It feels like they prioritised making a bunch of 'cool scenes' over an actual coherent story.

The whole show is like a like store bought cake where instead of adding quality ingredients they just pump the thing full of sugar, and yeah, you know it's not gonna be a quality cake in any way, but you're still gonna eat the damn thing because it's sugary as fuck. Even though I know this show is bad, once I accept that fact, and watch the show for what it is, an over the top edgy power fantasy, even if I'm face palming through half of it, I do kinda enjoy it.

tl;dr This show is trash and so am I.
thats the problem. Its not the story but how they adapt it. The adaption gave more resources on the animation and not on the details how the scene plays out. Its okay for some source readers but anime onlies are no clue how the story is all over the place.

All the scene plays out in this arc except tell the viewers details are cut out. So its understandable that you miss out some details. Even so its still enjoyable from a power fanstasy perspective.

Sep 28, 2020 3:51 AM

Oct 2017
already miss this show :c, hope they're gonna adapt Moon cradle & Unital ring arc
Sep 28, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2013
Brings nothing new with a bunch of contrivances and a weird convoluted ending but still well done and very enjoyable
justinian_1Sep 28, 2020 10:49 AM
Sep 29, 2020 12:15 PM

Nov 2012

Delivery guy: "Your sex doll delivery.
Please sign here"
Kirito: "Duuuude, lower your voice. I live with neighbours." /signs paper/
Delivery guy: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 29, 2020 1:40 PM
May 2019
i just hate the alicization concept.every character death i just can't feel the sad because they are ai.
and how huuugee kirito harem circle is. because asuna is already won. there's no point to extend it more.even ueugeo was in it.
Sep 29, 2020 7:10 PM

Nov 2019
Hiro4ka11 said:
i just hate the alicization concept.every character death i just can't feel the sad because they are ai.

They're more like clones than AI. They're copies of actual humans, babies sure, but still real live humans.
Oct 3, 2020 11:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great final with an amazing future!!! ;)
I wait a new season kekeke

8/10 for this season
Oct 4, 2020 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
I love the way how Alice shipped herself to Kirito's address and, to add a bit of spice to the plan, she packaged herself in her birthday suit. Most guys would love to be in Kirito's position now if they got that delivery, huh? XD

Either way, the final episode did well to round off this massive arc and it had a big chunk of cute moments between Kirito and Alice. Another funny moment was how Alice forced herself to smile at Kirito when he mentioned about Asuna joining the two of them in their dive back into the Underworld.

This was the last showcase of some nice animation of the fight against the hideous alien thing against what looked like descendants of Tiese and Ronye, flying fighter planes that look like the dragons that we're familiar with. It was rather epic, honestly.

Overall, this final part of the Alicization Arc was rather good. I enjoyed the first season of the arc more, but both first and second cours of season two had plenty of good character development and some awesome fight scenes, too.

8/10 is my final score and I do look forward to the next SAO anime in the future. =3
Oct 5, 2020 5:13 AM
Jul 2017
ibraheem234 said:
that was so abrupt.... the season was good..but it was so much rushed in the end

Was hoping for the epilogue to include much of the underworld cast/setting. We basically got one character wrapped up.

If the fluctlights really are human souls then the whole scenario was pretty wild. Makes season 1 significance smaller by comparison.

Was hoping Kirito to make Alice his egirl while keeping Asuna real life.
Oct 8, 2020 3:59 PM

Jun 2020
I'm really late to this party, but I wanted to binge it all the way through. It had its ups and downs, but overall I enjoyed it. I've never read the LN, but I've liked all the SAO arcs. I'm so glad we're getting SAO Progressive, because the Aincrad arc was really great. I love the easter egg IP address. It makes me happy seeing them so happy and reunited again. I'm looking forward to the next arc.
Oct 8, 2020 6:32 PM
Jul 2008
Compared to the first SAO, this one is really bad..

1. People can go into underworld freely without the STL machine was not properly explained. Was STL machine only for normal human to withstand the 'time acceleration' thing?

2. At start Rath(and Lisbeth) said, people couldn't logout in underworld unless dying and dying means the account will be lost. But turned out people can be forced to logout just by turning up the time acceleration.

3. No system warning when the time acceleration got changed, they would never know unless Yui notified them. Who made this flawed system?

4. The PoH guy kept on shitting the underworld army and doing really questionable things openly but somehow people still believe on him. When some people began to realize PoH can brainwash them to do his bidding. I know there's power of imagination in Underworld, but the players were real human, how can you do that without Administrator power? 'Brainwashing', not controlling their bodies need to be implied.

5. When someone died in the virtual world, they will vanish instantly. But somehow the first knight guy's corpse just lingered around until Sinon came and she even conversed with Alice for minutes but the corpse was still there lol.

6. Eugeo keeps on appearing in underworld. He also appeared the red haired's descendant. Does this mean everyone has their own 'Eugeo' inside their hearts now? and he will keep on hunting the underworld lol.

The underworld system is really powerful, but somehow no one realized how powerful that system is. The system can be used to simulate how human live in short time.
Only some years passed but they are already doing some space battle.
Real human can just copy the tech the underworld made. There will be unlimited potentials in the story because of underworld, like virtual worlds inside of virtual worlds.
But I guess it's beyond the writer's imagination.
Oct 10, 2020 7:47 PM

Dec 2015
What? Underworld reached space age in just 200 years???

Yeah, these guys are a threat to humankind, alright.
Oct 11, 2020 4:09 AM

Mar 2011
Oh boy was that hard to sit through.

I really had hope for this arc, it had such a cool premise and set up.

It had actual characters and a actually decently established power system. The sword arts were actually really cool.

Emphasis on 'were' as that was clearly forgotten in the second half as it turned into another ott nonsensical war where the power system is thrown out the window and everyone can do whatever they want now.

Oh what do you know the enemy is yet another laughing coffin member who gets off on killing, much depth.

I still can't take is seriously how all these angry Chinese people with level 1 accounts were able to hold all the main characters at sword point when they either have their OP game accounts or are logged into literal god accounts.. . Oh and how they kept acting as if there were stakes when there were none, oh wait they might lose their game accounts!!

I even read the light novels until half way through this one and just never got to finishing them. I had so much hope for this series but the second half was just abysmally bad.

I've always been one to try and defend the SAO series as being hated far too much. Sure it had glaring issues but its not as bad as everyone makes out. But when I see lazy writing just throw away any effort of consistency with their own worlds rules it kind of makes me realise they are probably right.

That said the finale did wrap up most of the loose ends fairly well at least.

But at least Kirito has a new member in his herem. If a sister wasn't kinky enough for you, now he has a robot.

TehWhiteTigerOct 11, 2020 4:13 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Mar 2017
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
L・Ψ・≅
Oct 11, 2020 1:22 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly, you would tell me "instead of watching the first 9 episodes, just know that Kirito won but somehow had to stay behind for 200 years with Asuna", and I'll probably sign.

This was a mess. This is supposed to be "the war of underworld" but they managed to do it about Human versus Human versus Human. The only good fight was at the end of episode 1. Why ? Because it was Berculis trying to fight for saving his world and saving Alice who he considered as a daughter. A fight who has a real meaning and not an excuse to use an epic OST and good animation/visual.

After that fight, no one from the underworld was revelant. It did not matter if you were on the "hero" or "villain" side, you are irrevelant. Random red armor guy were more revealant that the girl who taught Kirito sword for one year (or two years). We didn't see another Knight fight.

Honestly, the arrival of Sinon had the end of the first part of "war of the underworld" was cool. But, after that... You can't have character popping-up to save someone, then other ennemies appear, then other character popping-up to save the day. The author went as far as summoning spirit (Yuuki), bringing Yuna, having an ornament from Kirito saving Sinon twice, Eugo popping up because reasons...

If that was not enough, we had the worst reveal of history (the guy who puts his name on a code) and who died from the worst possible way => Having Rinko throwing an object without being able to see anything... and the guy falling to his death.

Honestly, I ended up not caring about the fights. My only question was "who is gonna show up this time ?"

The story would have been so much better if it had been about the people from the underworld fighting for their world (as it was in the first season - sure Kirito was not from their world but he has lived there, cared about Alice, Eugo and other girls...). Instead, we got Human using "the underword" as a stage.

At least, the last two episode were interesting. Even though, the space fight seems weird. Also, if Kirito and Asuna just left ten days ago, the two girls should recognize them instantly. They were supposed to be King and Queen. Alice, I don't see how they could know (maybe there is a statut or something).

Episode 1-9 : 1/10.
Episode 10-11 : 7/10.
Final note. 5/10 cause Alice was cute in her uniform and Pyjamas. And you have to admire the dialogue.
Alice "Please don't look at me".
Kirito switchs the light on.
Rukodaime91Oct 11, 2020 1:27 PM
Oct 11, 2020 9:10 PM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, basically Alice an AI android that feels love for Kirito , literally mailed herself to him, Kirito say's she's her hope That was kinda a 2 timing thing cu'z Asuna should be his hope since she did spend an additional 200 years in that STL thing , they were married in SAO, they're in a relationship, she should be Kirito's hope and not that AI android that doesn't have a pussy and won't grow old................TBFH, They're really pushing Asuna way back, thus IMAO, this ep was just too unfair to say the least.

So, Kirito wants to pursue a degree in Electrical Engineering and wants to continue working for the Oceanic Resource Exploration and Research Institute or Rath....in other words he like to continue being a slacker living in that make believe world called "Underworld"... but wait, shouldn't Kirito instead pursue a degree in Computer Engineering with specialization in software and AI design???? Ya know if I were Kirito's dad, I'd probably punch him in the face ask him to get outta the house and call him a "LOSER" for wanting to live in that virtual world called "Underworld" and as for Alice I'd probably hose her with water so that way she'll short circuit and that's the end of Alice

LOL, poor Alice she really has no shot in the real world. Asuna has all the cards, especially the p-one.
Oct 12, 2020 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
LeonLanford said:

1. People can go into underworld freely without the STL machine was not properly explained. Was STL machine only for normal human to withstand the 'time acceleration' thing?

2. At start Rath(and Lisbeth) said, people couldn't logout in underworld unless dying and dying means the account will be lost. But turned out people can be forced to logout just by turning up the time acceleration.

3. No system warning when the time acceleration got changed, they would never know unless Yui notified them. Who made this flawed system?

4. The PoH guy kept on shitting the underworld army and doing really questionable things openly but somehow people still believe on him. When some people began to realize PoH can brainwash them to do his bidding. I know there's power of imagination in Underworld, but the players were real human, how can you do that without Administrator power? 'Brainwashing', not controlling their bodies need to be implied.

5. When someone died in the virtual world, they will vanish instantly. But somehow the first knight guy's corpse just lingered around until Sinon came and she even conversed with Alice for minutes but the corpse was still there lol.

6. Eugeo keeps on appearing in underworld. He also appeared the red haired's descendant. Does this mean everyone has their own 'Eugeo' inside their hearts now? and he will keep on hunting the underworld lol.

The underworld system is really powerful, but somehow no one realized how powerful that system is. The system can be used to simulate how human live in short time.
Real human can just copy the tech the underworld made. There will be unlimited potentials in the story because of underworld, like virtual worlds inside of virtual worlds.
1.the program use in this simulation is the seed nexus. The players from outside are being freely to enter because the hacker is in control of the main facility in the simulation. Try watch war of underworld episode 2-4. They explain it but its confusing from a anime only.
2.that gang does not log out until they beat Gabriel and the RATH is in control of the simulation. Watch WoU episode 9-11.
3.the enemy is in control they accelarate it at max. Where do you get that Yui knew when Higa and Kikouka knew too because it has a warning that the simulation is compromised.
4.i think its visual presentation in the anime part but. If you watch the episode he just giving his speech and keep egging the foreign players that the JP players are bad guys.
5.i think its not problem.
6.its his memory in his blue rose sword. Thats why he keeps appearing. But its true he is in their hearts.
The space battle is tackle in the next volume of this series.

Oct 12, 2020 3:28 AM

Jul 2016
TehWhiteTiger said:
Oh boy was that hard to sit through.

I really had hope for this arc, it had such a cool premise and set up.

It had actual characters and a actually decently established power system. The sword arts were actually really cool.

Emphasis on 'were' as that was clearly forgotten in the second half as it turned into another ott nonsensical war where the power system is thrown out the window and everyone can do whatever they want now.

Oh what do you know the enemy is yet another laughing coffin member who gets off on killing, much depth.

I still can't take is seriously how all these angry Chinese people with level 1 accounts were able to hold all the main characters at sword point when they either have their OP game accounts or are logged into literal god accounts.. . Oh and how they kept acting as if there were stakes when there were none, oh wait they might lose their game accounts!!

I even read the light novels until half way through this one and just never got to finishing them. I had so much hope for this series but the second half was just abysmally bad.

I've always been one to try and defend the SAO series as being hated far too much. Sure it had glaring issues but its not as bad as everyone makes out. But when I see lazy writing just throw away any effort of consistency with their own worlds rules it kind of makes me realise they are probably right.

That said the finale did wrap up most of the loose ends fairly well at least.

But at least Kirito has a new member in his herem. If a sister wasn't kinky enough for you, now he has a robot.

1lv chinese players with 250000 its not laughing matter even if you are OP. Even in the ending of the arc the 1lv are remained but they are forcing log out. Even the superaccounts are having a hard time. And Asuna and Leafa are fighting the 1lv. Sinon is fighting on Subtilizer.

What is lazy writing and inconsistency when the LN does not have not that problem. Its more on adaption cutting to much. But its okay because you can just read the source.

Oct 12, 2020 3:03 PM
Jul 2008
chriskor022 said:
LeonLanford said:

1.the program use in this simulation is the seed nexus. The players from outside are being freely to enter because the hacker is in control of the main facility in the simulation. Try watch war of underworld episode 2-4. They explain it but its confusing from a anime only.
2.that gang does not log out until they beat Gabriel and the RATH is in control of the simulation. Watch WoU episode 9-11.
3.the enemy is in control they accelarate it at max. Where do you get that Yui knew when Higa and Kikouka knew too because it has a warning that the simulation is compromised.
4.i think its visual presentation in the anime part but. If you watch the episode he just giving his speech and keep egging the foreign players that the JP players are bad guys.
5.i think its not problem.
6.its his memory in his blue rose sword. Thats why he keeps appearing. But its true he is in their hearts.
The space battle is tackle in the next volume of this series.

1. Well I only watch anime, no explanation about it. The STL machine become useless anyway. Watch the episode where they explain what STL did.

2. Ok So Rath took control and somehow they were able to magically logout but why Leafa and Sinon able to log out but Kirito and Asuna couldn't?

3. At this point I don't know if you're watching the anime or not. Higa literally said that Yui informed them while they didn't know about the acceleration lol.

4. Giving speech is not same as badmouthing.. Even decent human know who's in the wrong here lol.

5. Yeah lol.

6. Very cool :)
LeonLanfordOct 12, 2020 3:23 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.