Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2008 8:36 PM

Jun 2007
The power of love -__- geeeeh. *dies a little*
why did Kazuki not die?
Since when does Toa have a sword? pfff.
5/10 can't believe I saw the whole thing... *gives herself a round of applause*

Apr 21, 2008 6:35 AM
Dec 2007
Great, this anime is great! Great at creating the worst possible anime, this anime sucks - bad. Man, I don't know what to say, I can't believe its over, I should of dropped it when I had the chance.
i tried writing my signature onto the monitor screen, but it didn't come up. WHY?!!:?!!
Jul 11, 2008 4:54 AM

Sep 2007
Huh, so that's how this horrible anime ended.
Aug 16, 2008 8:55 PM

Feb 2008
cheesy ending, almost fell asleep in the middle. glad that i finished it, well guess i have lots of free time for this kind of anime anyway LOL. one of the few things that i like about this anime are the op song and asim, fullstop.

Feb 10, 2009 2:34 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent "The End"!!!!!!
I LOVED!
May 25, 2009 10:02 PM
Sep 2008
GOD THE PAIN, erhhh series is finally over. 5/10, loved the breakdancing scene and sieglinde's ass.

GONZO DOES IT AGAIN
Sep 7, 2009 2:07 PM
Mar 2009
6/10 for me
thanatos some form of humanity lol
19,999,999,900 dragons left lol nice
i started laughing at the end with the i actually wanted the power of love to lose ah i wish that happened
ends well i guess
victory for humanity!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Nov 10, 2009 2:03 AM

Nov 2008
8/10
I liked it.

Some answers for some of the questions in this forum though:
When did Toa get a sword:
She ALWAYS had one... each of the dragons had a weapon. Just not all of them decided to use them.

Why did Gio leave?
Even though he was one of their dearest friends, he realized he must go his own path in life and not always be a third wheel.

What about Toas un avoidable death?
If the mother can create life, could she not extend it too?

COME ON PEOPLE.... use your head.
You know, that lump 3 feet above your ass.
Nov 26, 2009 11:06 AM

Sep 2009
Well, that was it.
I found it a bit unclear, many things didn't make sense.
Dec 8, 2009 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
Dropped it at one point, but glad I came back to it. Kinda realized it's hard to find an anime that has a loli with ACTUAL BOOBS.
Jan 26, 2010 7:57 AM

Jan 2010
All the ideas and principles and motives in this anime were pretty lame. There wasn't any depth to any of the feelings... Many plot holes and just plain ridiculus things.

6/10
May 15, 2010 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
This is a total rip off, Thanatos human form doesnt have big boobs! *_*

The final battle doesn't move me at all.. is there even a battle?

Very minimum fanservice after the half of the show which is nice..
I enjoy the overall episodes but plot wise, yeah average at most.
Jul 20, 2010 8:00 PM

Apr 2010
ehhhhhhhhhhhh it was a decent series. could have been better though. i give it a 7/10. enjoyed it somewhat
Aug 28, 2010 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
Trineas said:
The ending was so fucking dumb -.-
This series had potential in the beginning, I loved the intro and the second ending so its a 6/10 for me.

you gat a point
the intro make me want to see the anime
i was skip most parts of story couz it totly boring
but i reley want to know what will happen

What i like in the anime was how it make you want to see the end
but i heat the characters "most of them"
the rebeted story
kazuki lame

if the end was sad i was will gave it 2/10
but at last after all these sad depresing anime we get happey ending

i still heat kazuki he the worst frende ever and dragonout and lover
5/10
Nov 16, 2010 7:02 PM
Mar 2010
Things I'm irked about ranging from annoyed to extremely angry at:
1. Final battle, about what? 5 mins? (I'll get back to this later)
2. Complete lack of sense when it turns out "Oh-just kidding", Kazuki was actually trying to protect Jin even though he was repeatedly saying he wanted to kill Jin?
3. Oh let's not forget how many Ostrum clones were destroyed even though all of the dragonauts combined couldn't stand up against the real one. Even if the clones were really weak, what in the world propelled the Dragonauts to fight against 6 BILLION of them and still act calm about it?
4. Where did the background when Gio and Ostrum turn into dragons come from? Since I doubt that Thanatos would change the inside of herself just in order to accommodate a single battle?
5. How the hell did Gio get a random power-up that made him all gold and stuff? And how did that actually affect anything besides looking cooler? (it didn't look like he gained any new talents or became faster/stronger/etc.)
6. How did the anti-thanatos agent, which took days to destroy Thaum (was that what the little girl's name was? I forgot), instantly destroy that many copies in an instant? The agent was supposed to cause a cancer like affect, accelerating cell reproduction to dangerous levels, not a death ray which one shotted anything it touched.
7. If Thanatos wanted to stop Jin, Toa, and Gio, why not just destroy them instead of sending Ostrum and Garnet? (well besides the plot writers saying "oh crap, I have no logical plot so I'm going to put more boobies in here so hopefully, nobody well notice it" You'll see more of this later)
8. Power of love? Really now? -_-.... 'nough said
9. Gio just going: "Well darn, since the fans will complain if I still lived together with Toa and Jin, I guess I'll just leave now, in a conveniently completely unexplained way"
10. Basically, the lack of a plot. However, I'm pretty sure that Gonzo was just thinking, "Wait a minute! Maybe putting in an excessive amount of breasts will direct all the attention from the lack of plot!" Seriously, if Garnet was actually staying on Earth for an extended amount of time, she would probably suffer from a chronic back pain (not to mention a broken vertebrae)

So, there you have it, all my (major) annoyances about Dragonaut. On the other hand though, the women who didn't have obscenely huge breasts were cute. Long Live Toa and Sieglinde!
Nov 20, 2010 3:01 AM

Aug 2007
Iheartz said:
Things I'm irked about ranging from annoyed to extremely angry at...

I raged like nothing else when I first finished this series (especially over OMG THE POWER OF LOVE ending). I'm kind of over it now and view Dragonaut as one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever seen. It's just so horrible I can't look away.

Most of your complaints can probably be explained by "LOL GONZO" and that's about it. A few things I can think of off the top of my head... Re:#2, Kazuki was all but yandere for Jin. He was obsessed with their childhood promise and when Jin didn't deliver, he became resentful. "Stealing" Gio was just the final straw for his psyche and Kazuki became obsessed with destroying what he could not possess. Doesn't make him any less annoying, but his feelings were kind of explainable.

#5 Gio's "power up" and eventual leaving (#9) can be attributed to his becoming Thanatos's successor. He ended up directly connected with Thanatos when he reappeared with that amazing technicolor dream coat. He left at the end because of this deal with Thanatos.

#6 The Anti-Thanatos factor was intended to infect and destroy Thanatos from the inside, essentially, like you said. Except Nozaki committed suicide while infected rather than passing on the infection as intended. The Ostrums being destroyed was down to Nozaki's suicide rather than the Anti-Thanatos factor itself (though that probably gave him some additional explosive reach, knowing this series).

#7 Thanatos is a hive mind, she was stopping Jin/Toa/etc. when she utilised Ostrum and Garnet. They never go into much detail with this in the series itself, but it's mentioned one of Yonamine's diary entries on the official site. Until they have a Resonance, dragons have no form of self or identity and are all mentally linked. Thanatos can essentially use her offspring as she pleases. (Plus they needed their POWER OF LOVE ending.)

tl;dr LOL GONZO
Dec 26, 2010 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
1) That little wimp Kazaki is now a fierce supporter of Jin and earth cause - what a joke

2) They gonna fight 2 billions dragons each - ridiculous

3) They want to launch some kind of missile or beam to destroy a dragon bigger than Earth (which Kazaki attempted) - totally unrealistic of course. It's not about giving up, its about being foolish or not.

4) Even more unrealistic is the fact that Thanatos is the one who actually has the capability of destroying an entire planet without launching a single dragon and he demonstrated that in one of the previous episodes. But instead of pouring his laser beam down on Earth he's sending dragons.

5) A single dragon should be enough to destroy that whole ISDA mother ship Kazaki is in as demonstrated before when Thanatos sent the dragon Asturia.

6) Asturia is part of Thanatos and has eternal life or at least as long as Thanatos lives, yet G0 seems to teach him some lesson about soul and even killed him. How can he die when he's a single entity with Thanatos?

7) G0 being the successor of Thanatos seems to wane away here, or did it? Wouldn't his fight with Asturia be like a fight between Thanatos and the carryer of his own will, his so-called Successor? Why did G0 have to leave in the end? Or did he? And if he did, left to where? To Thanatos? After whiming so much about humanity and resonance with humans???

8) The love that Jin talks about, the love that would rather see Toa dies than live forever with Thanatos is incomprehensible, selfish, and pitiful in every respect. It's like saying: "if I can't have her then no one else will!"
All this big talks about life and love when he is the one who needs to grow up!

9) Thanatos finally left not only without the eggs but by losing even more dragons than before nullifying the whole point of his quest.... and Toa's death marks are finally removed though she was created for only a limited lifespan only to retrieve the eggs; so she's like a new creation now with a new purpose of life... What is her life expectancy now? Although I don't suppose Jin would care about that.
It does look like a staged ending, quickly patching up all the loose ends hurriedly.

Conclusion:
A completely senseless and disappointing ending. If I were to judge this solely based on this mediocre performance my score would be very low but to be fair, the 1st 15-16 ep were indeed pleasurable - there were suspense, a sense of mystery, and it looked fairly realistic + also they had this lovely Toa mysterious melody which we cease to hear after the Prince Asim Gellar Army arc.
Dec 27, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2007
1) He was always a fierce supporter of Jin, he just got butthurt and felt betrayed so he lashed out at him. Once all was forgiven of course he went back to being the sniveling little BFF he was before the shuttle crash. Ugh, Kazuki.

2) Lol yeah, pretty much.

3) Yeah, that was stupid - guess they'd run out of options.

4) Thanatos never does anything much for herself, she always sends her offspring to do things for her. Seems about right that she'd send a slew of originals at Earth first before trying anything that would require effort on her part.

5) Probably.

6) Ostrum didn't share a body with Thanatos so there's no reason why he couldn't die like any other original dragon, he wasn't a deceased entity absorbed into the hivemind like Garnet/Akira/Machina/Asim. He was an individual being and could therefore die. The other Ostrums were individual dragons but without resonances, so they were part of the hivemind.

7) Gio's status as successor was pretty much a convenient plot device. He leaves to be with Thanatos in the end however, because he made a deal to become her successor in the first place. Eh.

8) I found the Jin/Toa love story as nauseating as the next person, but their struggle with Thanatos was more over loss of individuality than "if I can't have her no one else will". If Thanatos were to absorb them back into her hivemind then they would no longer be themselves nor would they be able to love in the same capacity (see: other characters absorbed into the hivemind). They both needed to grow the hell up though, no argument there.

9) Thanatos took her eggs back, their enclosure is clearly shown to be empty at the end of episode 25. Toa's life expectancy is back to "normal" for a dragon as Thanatos removed the stigmata. What "normal" means is anyone's guess (a decent length anyway, Garnet was around for most of Asim's life).
Jan 20, 2011 7:25 PM

Apr 2010
MY gawd, I actually enjoyed this series...although I have to agree that the ending was a bit too familiar.
It's pretty weird to see that on other anime database sites, this anime has a pretty solid score.

I gave this anime a 9/10 based on entertainment value....would have given this anime a 10, but the ending was a let down, at times toaXjin was a snorefest, and a few redundant things. Somethings were quite repetitive in this anime, but this is one of the most creative animes I've seen in a while, at least in terms of the dragons.

The art wasn't too great, the music was okay, but the plot, was where this anime really shined to me.
A small request: If there is a post of mine that you dislike, or want to discuss with me, please do so on my profile's comment page. I know it defeats the purpose of forums, but, I usually don't revisit forum threads after a post (unless it's my own) due to extreme laziness, and confusion. I enjoy discussing/ flame warring with others XD.
Jun 11, 2011 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
why subbers didn't write FABULOUS across screen when "Power of Love" pose haha,
overall this show was boring for me good it is over.. Shame Kazuki didnt put his thong on before driving Ship.
Oct 12, 2011 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Wasn't terrible overall, though a lot of episodes had some pretty depressing cliffhangers and it all pointed to a very depressing ending, so I dropped it. However, I'm glad I decided to finish it. After all a smile is priceless.

And episode 26 (OVA)... lul
CanAPandaOct 12, 2011 5:01 PM
Jan 21, 2012 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
I honestly had no expectation for this from the beginning but i have to admit, it wasn't THAT bad... not re-watchable though -.-
huh?
Aug 10, 2013 6:17 AM
Apr 2013
not really the best series but i personally liked the story and the characters , i gave a 8/10.i was afraid of a sad ending , bcuz dunno why this series reminded me of guilty crown, turned out to be a good one though.
May 3, 2014 8:44 AM
Jun 2013
Ill say one thing toa and jins love feel manufactured.There is no backing no emotion to it.It just feels hollow.It was just a chase scene with them saying jin and toa for 25 episodes.For a show that hinges on relationships they chose the wrong one. Hell akira and machina relationship felt more solid then these jokers.It was also nice to see them agian before the show ended.

If it wasint for the side characters this show would be complete crap.Also did laura and sakai die?They didint really come off clear with it.I just finished reading the manga and the toa and jin relationship was much better and that only had 6 volumes.
souledge94May 3, 2014 10:25 PM

More topics from this board

» romance

Cambeezee - Aug 7, 2020

3 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 12:03 PM

» Toa

Damoizgod - Nov 6, 2007

27 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 11:57 AM

Poll: » If you were a dragonaut...

canis - Feb 4, 2008

8 by Darkdaxter »»
May 26, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zq - Oct 3, 2007

54 by ashleourke20 »»
Nov 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 5 Discussion

lifeordeath2 - Nov 1, 2007

35 by ItsXolo »»
Feb 19, 2019 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.