Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 2020 8:34 PM

May 2018
OK, I ALMOST RUN TO MY COMPUTER TO READ WHAT I FOUND IN TWITTER

I'm from Argentina and yesterday Oikawa was TT in the country, and why? Because one of the most famous and important team (UPCN San Juan Voley) tweet THIS:

https://twitter.com/UpcnVoley/status/1285928118696308737

THEY RECOGNIZED OIKAWA AS PART OF ITS TEAM, I'M DYING

Also, a lot of news sites published articles about it, this is the most accurate and complete (it's in Spanish, so use google translator):

https://www.diariohuarpe.com/nota/el-dia-que-upcn-voley-llego-a-japon-por-un-manga-y-anime-202072217490

Well, guys, the fandom did it (?
Jul 24, 2020 4:23 PM
Jul 2017
OIKAWA GORDO VENDE PATRIA
God, that was a very good ending
Jul 24, 2020 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
I'm kinda shocked there was no romance subplot at all, even less than kuroko no basket(that has like 1).

Really good ending, really want to see this animated, but i have to say the last arc being kinda like a after story was fantastic, because there is no way you can rush an ending chapter if you have almost 30 chapters to do it.

Jul 25, 2020 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
i cried so much. i'm really hoping for some spin off or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2020 5:27 PM

May 2011
Ummm ... god it’s actually ended 😭
To be honest I didn’t like the future arc at all but I can’t cry over spilled milk ... the only thing I could do is enjoy what I’ve been given. ( even though I really wanted them to win the spring tournament but .. you can’t have it all )
This manga really made me laugh, cry, angry and all kind of emotions. 🥺❤️I’m ok that it ended for good ( that last chapter really hit me hard ) and I hope it stays that way. ( Also I read that the mangaka only enjoyed 10% of his work so I doubt that he’s going to start a new one )

Thank you Furudate-sensei
Goodbye, my ball of sunshine, Hinata ☀️🧡
Sep 1, 2020 3:52 AM
Jun 2020
I kind of briefly glanced through all the posts here, and am just amuse how many "I cried" statements there were~ Hahaha~

I cried too~

I am gonna write a mix of review/ thoughts of the end story as a whole and of course how I love this last chapter. I have no where else I can express all these feelings of mine, so do pardon me for this rumbling chunk of text.

The story is amazing. There were of course areas where the storylines are a little off for me (But well I have got no say, right~).
To me, the Haikyuu! that I started to watched/read, ended when the quarterfinals with Kemomedai ended. Because the premise of all the 360-ish chapters: a high school club, the amazing 3rd years, the recklessness of youth, and the challenges of youth, they all are the details that I have come to love and expect the story to be within; a "Slice of life" of a High School Volleyball Club in a Northern prefecture of a small Island in the far East of the world.

The chapters that comes after that just felt like a little bit of "fan service" giving us an insight of the Main character's life after high school. Or so I thought. Hahhaha~ The last arc tied back so many, so many memories of their past with their present lives. All that they did then, were all ultimately <Connected> to how they came to be the person they are in the present. Very true to the basis of the sport and Nekoma's motto of <To connect>.

And so, I bawled my eyes out, not because it ended, but because I felt like I watched the characters all grew up into the fine young adults that they are. 10 Years in the story's timeline that all these happened(From Hinata-Kageyama's middle school 3rd year match where half of the main characters were present to the end of the story when Hinata is 25 years old). I feel like a proud parent of these characters. I was so touched by their growth and their passion and their friendships that the tears keep on flowing.

The ending truly was done well, for me, it rolled the carpet of the protagonists' futures out there, but it cut the viewers' lens into their life. Their story did not end, but our journey with them ended.
Well of course most stories, whether is manga or anime or novels, end on the same basis where the characters will continue their lives in their world, and we will not be able to see more. Is just that, we only view a portion of their lives, that's why they are stories.
The thing here is, which portion of their lives and where we end the journey with them. Haruichi Furudate sensei here definitely ended our journey telling us that - "These beautiful characters will continue their lives forward like you have seen in the last arc, a continuous cycle of being rivals and teammates, and an unbreakable connection with each other no matter what paths they have chosen to take in their lives."

The very start of the last chapter, showing the start of it all with "Karasunoooo FIGHT!" had my tears rolling. And how the last 2 chapters showed all the meaningful school mottos that brought the characters to where they are is just so beautiful. Especially with the very last banner/motto, in this chapter being Seijoh's "Rule The Court". Yes, all of you rule the court!!!!
And Iwa-chan, you are a Japan Athletic Trainer, please restraint your urge to physically beat up another country's athletic~ LOL. The "Family Quarrel" should be settled through Volleyball, not headbutts~ hahaha
Kamasaki definitely grew out that goatee because of Asahi!
I hope the Miyas know that Kita is still proud that his old teammates are Amazing!!!

I can absolutely feel the nostalgia that Coach Ukai was telling to Takeda Sensei when being recruited in that very panel (second last page) of the empty Karasuno Volleyball club gymnasium.
<Even if the Gymnasium and clubroom remained the same, the time spent there only belonged to that time> something along this line~

And on a side note: Takeda sensei is the real MVP of the story~ hahahah

Last Note: Thank You Haruichi Furudate sensei for this beautiful story.
mushi_JyouSep 1, 2020 5:46 AM
Sep 11, 2020 3:23 AM

May 2019
Damn, it's finally over. So many memories, from laughter to heartache. I still remember feeling my heart drop at 3am when I caught up to the manga and saw the time skip for the first time. Apart from the fact that it began to end, the series was amazing. 9/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 14, 2020 2:13 AM
Mar 2020
My goodness.
It's actually over. The impact this had on me... wonderful. Loved it to the very end and super glad I picked it up. Now I shall proceed to cry T_T
(It's beautiful)
Oct 14, 2020 12:59 AM

Oct 2020
Thank God this shit is over. I hate sports.
You flush it out, You flush it out
Saint Anger 'round my neck
You flush it out, You flush it out
He never gets respect
Nov 11, 2020 6:51 PM
Jan 2016
Oh man, I got goosebumps reading this. It was definitely a fun ride and I'll miss this so much! One of my favourite series. Thank you Furudate sensei for this piece of art.
Dec 16, 2020 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
So it's over... a nice final chapter to conclude the story. Haikyuu got me hooked up until the Shiratorizawa game, which was the highest point in the manga for me. The national tournament arc was good, but the story quality just wasn't the same. And this final arc was totally unnecessary. Overall a very good manga
Dec 29, 2020 10:55 AM
Nov 2019
Oikawa being the absolute madlad he is made it into his idol's team. Now he can beat everyone like he promised he would.

The best final chapter you could ask for, thank you furudate sensei.

That fist bump between kageyama and hinata at the end TT
Feb 23, 2021 11:28 AM

Mar 2020
damn Oikawa vs The World. i hope he torched their asses one last time
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Mar 31, 2021 7:05 AM

May 2020
What a great fucking manga. Truly. I didn't know Haikyuu!! would be this good but it blew me away like early days Hinata at the end of one of Ushijima's spike's.

Everything, from the art, to the characters and the story had me invested 100%. Even post-timeskip, which to me is the weakest part of the manga, is still really fucking good. Seeing Bokuto, Atsumu and Hinata on the same team, playing against Kageyama, Ushijima and Hoshiumi was an absolute delight, and the beach volleyball part, while not gripping, still had me invested because of Hinata.

The manga's peak for me was Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa but don't get me wrong, the rest of the manga is still great. Nekoma v Karasuno is a pretty close second for me.

Overall, definitely one of the best sports manga I've read. 9/10.
Sep 5, 2021 4:50 AM
Feb 2021
Making them rivals and teammates
Oct 21, 2021 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
Yaku playing Libero on the Russian team... and then he sees Lev and his sister as models on 109.... what the hell are these panels? LOL!!
Nov 1, 2021 10:51 AM

Apr 2020
I’m sad that it’s over, but I love how it ended
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Dec 9, 2021 9:30 AM

May 2020
What a great end to one of the biggest and best sports manga there is, with each and every character getting their proper conclusions, nothing to complain about really. My fault for starting this series too late, but yeah better late than never.

Now hoping for the adaptation too giving the proper justice to each and everything still remaining.
Dec 11, 2021 10:20 AM
Mar 2015
Re-reading the whole manga, I want even more to know all that happened at their senior year nationals.... =D please Furudate, I never ask for anything
*Jungon* kawaii lover ^__^
Mar 12, 2022 4:09 PM

Apr 2020
Ahh, Haikyuu I’m not really into sports anime or manga, but I loved this and the characters are amazing.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Sep 6, 2022 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
I hope Argentina won.
It was about damn time that Oikawa beat those rivals, everyone got their chance one time or another.
Good ending with tiny glimpses about almost everyone.
It would be great to get special chapters every once in a while.
Apr 12, 2023 11:48 PM

Oct 2014
Fitting end to the story which hits hard. Cool that we get to see what everyone is up to after the second time skip. A shame we don't get to see what happened in the Olympic and FIVB final match though.

8/10
Jun 10, 2023 10:03 AM
May 2021
10/10 ending to a 10/10 series. What a ride!! Finally picked up the manga to finish it!! Lets see how the last 2 movies adapt the rest of the manga!
Oct 21, 2023 9:12 AM

Nov 2018
Damn the feels is really strong in this chapter.
Shit.. Shit... It's too good to end now.
I want more and more.
Love you Furudate Sensei.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 28, 2023 6:15 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, I can't believe the series is over. It was so amazing to read, and I'm glad they ended with Japan v. Argentina. Wish I could re-experience the series for the first time all over again. :*)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.