Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 4, 2020 2:52 PM
Aug 2019
As a person who always enjoy wholesome shows with kids as main characters, I loved this. Also the protagonist is so cute lol I just hope it doesn't go for the harem route
Oct 4, 2020 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
This show seems entertaining and pretty wholesome, I was looking for something like this.

The slimes are definitely interesting creatures. Now I can't avoid to think on the OP slime from the slime isekai anime haha. I hope he keeps researching about slimes and discover interesting characteristics about them.

This show being an isekai caught totally off guard, I wasn't expecting it, but at least this looks different from the usual ones.

Wow, being 3 years living all alone in the forest, that's pretty impressive. I guess he was really tired of her previous life and interacting with other people.
Oct 4, 2020 4:40 PM
Jun 2014
Dude is essentially 30 year old, but now a random 10 year old appears and he's gonna fall for her? umm
Oct 4, 2020 4:51 PM
Feb 2018
I think this the kind of isekai that right up my alley
Oct 4, 2020 6:37 PM

Jan 2008
Read some of the manga a while back. Pretty sure this is one of the higher rated isekai on various sites I've seen it on, but an isekai is still an isekai so not a surprised to already see it drop under a 7.

Watching it, something felt off, maybe it's the character designs. But I guess it was nice to finally see the slimes in color. They would always be described in color but obviously there's no color in manga.
Oct 4, 2020 6:51 PM

Apr 2020
Please don't tell me there is going to be a romantic interest between a boy who is sitll mentally in his 30s and this 10 year old girl.
Oct 4, 2020 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed this episode. I liked his old appearance more. I hope his slimes gets more forms later on. Although generic i wished the slimes had faces.
Oct 4, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2018
Isekai Slime Rancher looks wholesome. A good watch to chillax. I liked how meta it was about the reincarnation thing lol.
Oct 4, 2020 9:13 PM

May 2019
A lighthearted Isekai that seems fun. A lot of people have things against isekai, but for some reason, I don't mind the generic tropes.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 4, 2020 9:42 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
A relaxing isekai. And based on the OP it's gonna be shota x loli. A BLONDIE LOLI!! HOLY SHIT I'M IN!
Oct 4, 2020 11:32 PM

Jul 2014
Huh, that was much more enjoyable than I expected. I like it, I really like it.

We have only seen her in the OP and one shot at the end of the episode but that blonde girl is super cute lol.
Oct 5, 2020 12:07 AM
Dec 2019
Without reading the synopsis of this series, i didn't know is was an Isekai. It is an interesting take on Isekai, as there is no real danger, and the main character so far isn't OP.
Oct 5, 2020 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
I haven't read the LN but I love the manga. So nice to see the pages came to life and this is going to be a great journey.
Slimes are op in this anime.
Oct 5, 2020 5:23 AM

Jun 2019
A wholesome Isekai, I see.
Oct 5, 2020 7:05 AM
Oct 2020
rsc-pl said:
Oh no, Twitter snowflakes are already upset because 39 old dude got reincarnated in fictional story and met cute girl in his new life. My God, I really feel sorry for this kind of brain damage.

They're simply calling it for what it is. But it doesn't surprise me that there are people like you who defend it.
Anime is a safe haven for your type.
Oct 5, 2020 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
pamasem160 said:
rsc-pl said:
Oh no, Twitter snowflakes are already upset because 39 old dude got reincarnated in fictional story and met cute girl in his new life. My God, I really feel sorry for this kind of brain damage.

They're simply calling it for what it is. But it doesn't surprise me that there are people like you who defend it.
Anime is a safe haven for your type.

Please contact your therapist. People that are mixing fiction with reality like you are really dangerous.
rsc-plOct 5, 2020 7:25 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Feb 2020
Penguinman_37 said:
This is giving me ascendance of a bookworm vibes...........and I like it.

Oh & I like that show (despite not being a fan of SoL anime, at all). Kinda got that vibe as well.

Super adorable,brightly colored, wholesome show. Exactly what the doctor ordered, considering the apocalyptic environment we reside in.

On the romance bit, Definitely would not excuse it, & seems from manga readers, that's not how it's going to go. But, the protagonist seems like all he did was work, & so he probably never had the time for friends or girls, which means he's probably at the same stage mentally as a young adult (which he is, at 11) when it comes to romance and interpersonal relationships. Just a thought. Look at Main in Ascendance of a bookworm? It's light hearted and wholesome (with a protagonist who also didn't have much in the way of interpersonal skills).
Oct 5, 2020 3:31 PM
Feb 2018
wow it's like boy version of myne and i love it.
why are people worried about this become loli romance or harem? i'm pretty sure this anime doesn't have romance or harem tags
Oct 5, 2020 3:52 PM
Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
if he's actually a little kid then it'd make sense for him to fall for the little girl at first sight, but he is a goddamn OLD MAN why the FUCK is he blushing at the sight of a cute loli??? Ok, there's nothing wrong with liking lolis, but this show is obviously going for the romance route between these two, and that's just WRONG.

No it's not, he is literally a underage boy, he died and was reincarnated as a kid, doesn't matter if "mentally" he has memories of when he was a adult, he is by definition and by the law a underage boy, also he has been already a kid for at least 3+ years and never saw other human until now, so is normal that as a young kid he will blush when finally seeing a cute girl, and is just a lighthearted fantasy work, most thing it will possibly have is blushing and maybe holding a hand, what's the big deal? lol
Shinuki_n_RebornOct 5, 2020 3:58 PM
Oct 5, 2020 4:27 PM

Nov 2014
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
ttcchen said:
if he's actually a little kid then it'd make sense for him to fall for the little girl at first sight, but he is a goddamn OLD MAN why the FUCK is he blushing at the sight of a cute loli??? Ok, there's nothing wrong with liking lolis, but this show is obviously going for the romance route between these two, and that's just WRONG.

No it's not, he is literally a underage boy, he died and was reincarnated as a kid, doesn't matter if "mentally" he has memories of when he was a adult, he is by definition and by the law a underage boy, also he has been already a kid for at least 3+ years and never saw other human until now, so is normal that as a young kid he will blush when finally seeing a cute girl, and is just a lighthearted fantasy work, most thing it will possibly have is blushing and maybe holding a hand, what's the big deal? lol
the big deal is he has the mind of a probably thirty something years old adult. Just cause he's in the body of a child doesn't make him not an adult. The isekai characters may treat him like he's a child, but we, the audience, shouldn't treat him as such. The point of this isekai is watching an adult character in the body of a child. So by ignoring the fact that he's an adult, you're basically rejecting the core purpose of this story. If you're not seeing him as an adult, then what's the point of reading an isekai where an adult becomes a child? just read any other fantasy with a child mc. If this mc really falls for this little girl, then he is a pedophile. Period. Nothing can justify that. Take ReLIFE for example. The mc shrank his body into a high school kid's body, yet when he went to high school, he still didn't fall for any high schoolers, cause he's a frickin adult. He explicitly said doing so would be wrong af.
Oct 5, 2020 7:11 PM
Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

the big deal is he has the mind of a probably thirty something years old adult. Just cause he's in the body of a child doesn't make him not an adult. The isekai characters may treat him like he's a child, but we, the audience, shouldn't treat him as such. The point of this isekai is watching an adult character in the body of a child. So by ignoring the fact that he's an adult, you're basically rejecting the core purpose of this story. If you're not seeing him as an adult, then what's the point of reading an isekai where an adult becomes a child? just read any other fantasy with a child mc. If this mc really falls for this little girl, then he is a pedophile. Period. Nothing can justify that. Take ReLIFE for example. The mc shrank his body into a high school kid's body, yet when he went to high school, he still didn't fall for any high schoolers, cause he's a frickin adult. He explicitly said doing so would be wrong af.

Yes it means he is a child, he's biologically a child, he died, his body is gone and he reincarnated as a young child, he wasn't just send to another world or "shrink" but reincarnated, which means he's a different person with a different dna, this isn't about feelings but how biology works, and no, he's not a pedophile if ends up liking a underage girl because by science and law a underage boy liking a underage girl isn't pedophilia, there's no "excuse" thing about it because he isn't a adult.

But in the end nothing really more than a blushing or holding hands will happen since it's not a romance series, just a lighthearted fantasy series, making a fuss out of this is just so "ehh"...
Shinuki_n_RebornOct 5, 2020 7:17 PM
Oct 5, 2020 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
ttcchen said:

Yes it means he is a child, he's biologically a child, he died, his body is gone and he reincarnated as a young child, he wasn't just send to another world or "shrink" but reincarnated, which means he's a different person with a different dna, this isn't about feelings but how biology works, and no, he's not a pedophile if ends up liking a underage girl because by science and law a underage boy liking a underage girl isn't pedophilia, there's no "excuse" thing about it because he isn't a adult.

But in the end nothing really more than a blushing or holding hands will happen since it's not a romance series, just a lighthearted fantasy series, making a fuss out of this is just so "ehh"...
even if there's blushing and holding hands it's fine for the girl to do it but not for the mc, cause he has the mind of an adult yet to still have feelings for an underage that's what makes him a pedophile. it doesn't matter whose body he's in, his mind is still the mind of an adult. pedophilic thoughts doesn't stem from the body, but rather from the mind. so even though he's a different person now that he's reincarnated, if he develops feeling for the girl, he would be a pedophile. doesn't matter if according to the law he isn't cause he's currently in the body of a child. pedophilia is an adult being attracted to a child. and the mc has the mind of an adult. so it applies to him as well. having the body of a child doesn't automatically make your mind into a child's mind. he's still an adult to the core.
Oct 5, 2020 7:51 PM
Jun 2013
ttcchen said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

even if there's blushing and holding hands it's fine for the girl to do it but not for the mc, cause he has the mind of an adult yet to still have feelings for an underage that's what makes him a pedophile. it doesn't matter whose body he's in, his mind is still the mind of an adult. pedophilic thoughts doesn't stem from the body, but rather from the mind. so even though he's a different person now that he's reincarnated, if he develops feeling for the girl, he would be a pedophile. doesn't matter if according to the law he isn't cause he's currently in the body of a child. pedophilia is an adult being attracted to a child. and the mc has the mind of an adult. so it applies to him as well. having the body of a child doesn't automatically make your mind into a child's mind. he's still an adult to the core.

Good job on not making any sense, "doesn't matter if by all definitions he's a 11 years old child, he still a pedophile because i don't know how biology, pedophilia and the law works!" lmao, after that i'm dropping, no meaning in keeping this discussion, bye kkkkk
Oct 5, 2020 8:26 PM

Nov 2014
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
ttcchen said:

Good job on not making any sense, "doesn't matter if by all definitions he's a 11 years old child, he still a pedophile because i don't know how biology, pedophilia and the law works!" lmao, after that i'm dropping, no meaning in keeping this discussion, bye kkkkk
I also have nothing more to say to you if you can't even understand how the law doesn't encompass everything and law isn't the only thing that can define whether a person is a pedophile or not. Either you're too young to understand or you're exactly the kind of person who'd commit pedophilia. Either way, go ahead and run away with your tail between your legs when you can't continue a civilized argument because you know you're losing.
Oct 6, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2009
The conversation with the gods dragged on a little too long. Otherwise, this was okay.
Oct 6, 2020 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Now that's how its done decently. Pretty decent start, although it's looking to be much more good.
Our MC this time is not a jackass pervert (100-man) nor an airhead softie (DanMachi), he's just a reincarnated child who wants to have fun that he didn't get to experience on Earth as an adult.
And instead of going to a guild or attracting a harem, he's just chilling in the forest with MANY MANY slimes, and I like the wholesomeness feel of it. Yeah, I like it. It bypassed my standards on isekai and hopefully it will be a chill ride throughout.
Oct 6, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
@ttcchen

ah so, by your "law" he can't date anyone, otherwise the 40 year old woman that could date him would be sued for dating a child body male LOL

also, why are you trying to use law on this? not only there are no cases like this on the real world, but i'm also pretty sure some 10 year old kids (specially those in war environment, and stuff like that) are more psycological "mature" than some 30 year olds (who live in peace and don't give a damn), does that make any difference? should they date older people? ...

actually...what does it even matter? will you have nightmares at night if you see an anime couple composed of different age people?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 6, 2020 10:22 AM

Mar 2019
snowykevin said:
Hold up if a romance sparks between him and that blond girl at the end it’s going to feel weird knowing he’s like 39 mentally and she’s like 10 lmao
snowykevin said:
Hold up if a romance sparks between him and that blond girl at the end it’s going to feel weird knowing he’s like 39 mentally and she’s like 10 lmao
This....................
Oct 6, 2020 11:34 AM

Nov 2014
winddevil1 said:
@ttcchen

ah so, by your "law" he can't date anyone, otherwise the 40 year old woman that could date him would be sued for dating a child body male LOL

also, why are you trying to use law on this? not only there are no cases like this on the real world, but i'm also pretty sure some 10 year old kids (specially those in war environment, and stuff like that) are more psycological "mature" than some 30 year olds (who live in peace and don't give a damn), does that make any difference? should they date older people? ...

actually...what does it even matter? will you have nightmares at night if you see an anime couple composed of different age people?

i don't give a damn what ages anime couples are. i'm merely stating a fact. the mc can date anyone he wants, and since he's in the body of a kid, if he dates an adult woman he's rouse suspicion so i'm not against him dating people his age. however, dating is one thing, developing actual feelings of sexual/romantic attraction is another. if he actually begins to feel an inappropriate attraction to little girls, then that's when things are not okay. Plus, he's currently only like 10 yr old. what kind of 10 yr old would start dating already? if he wants to date adult women, he wouldn't do it in the body of a damn child. he'd at least wait till he's older, so no issue here.

Being psychologically mature is not the same as having the mind of an adult. A lot of kids are more mature than adults. That doesn't make them the same as having the mind of an adult, and therefore shouldn't be treated like an adult. I don't know what you're trying to say here. That the mc is an adult in the body of a child which makes this character just a kid who's psychologically mature? that's not the same bro. he's a literal adult in child's body, not a child who's just mature. how the fuck is that so hard to understand? are you that uneducated you can't even distinguish something so obviously distinguishable? or you lack the brain cells to analyze this situation logically?

Also, it's not me who brought the law into this. Blame that dumbass I was arguing against.
Oct 6, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Perfect depression cure.

Stupid meme:

Oct 6, 2020 1:57 PM

Jan 2020
This was fine. Nothing too special but a nice time pass I guess.
Oct 6, 2020 3:59 PM
Nov 2017
Tenderizer17 said:
I've read the light novel so ...
AC9123 said:
Still, even if the story sucks, I will watch it. For the slimes!! :D I hope they aren't abandoned anytime soon.
YES, SLIMES ARE LIFE, SLIMES ARE LIFE. The slimes are very much in focus for the first hundred or so chapters of the web novel. After chapter 150 my thoughts on the light novel can be summarised as "stop getting side-tracked and focus on the slimes" but since I'm still reading it obviously he is still taming slimes even then.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
Do u mind telling me if there’s at least romance that cover is very deceiving otherwise
There's no romance.

- This one just the quote would be a "spoiler" so ...

EDIT: BTW, I don't think there's a such thing as spoilers, never have I thought "I'm glad I didn't know this was coming beforehand". The spoiler tags are just there because people will be annoyed otherwise.

Your kidding, then I have no reason to watch it, the whole premise of why I thought this would be good is that I was hoping it was like smartphone but not only is it not harem it’s not romance either and the girl leaves so he’s always going to be a virgin
Oct 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Dec 2016
Takebayashi Ryouma got isekaied
Doctor Strange: WTF happened to Earth's magic?!

Overall it seems it will be cute series. Perfect for relaxing

KANLen09 said:
The 2nd of 2 shows this season for newbie studio Maho Film, and WOW is this super colourful for a fantasy Isekai series like Tensei Slime, that's unlike the other "I'm Standing on a Million Lives." REKT, 2 different types of Isekai by a newbie studio this season.

Both by the same studio?
I already can imagine this. xD
Million Lives: [evil grin] This will be exciting!
Slime trainer: Just chill out dude.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 6, 2020 5:04 PM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

and Now I'm interested in anime ReLIFE, added to PTW maybe I will watch some day. :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 6, 2020 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
How it looks may be Kodomo. Well, I think it won't be as boring as some of the others from Kodomo...
Oct 6, 2020 10:01 PM
Jul 2011
I just can't stop thinking about the fact that the thirty year old man, he looked like he wanted to commit suicide.
I wonder now that, just how long this issues and trend is going to go?
People are talking about how work environment over there are so harsh over there. And this is one of the ways to comfort yourself.

Ryouma, he is just one of them.
These gods really should pick up the people who are living in harsher and in a more critically dangerous conditions than him.
But that is not what the series is about.

Just my thoughts.
rladls717Oct 6, 2020 10:08 PM
Oct 7, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2009
That was boring and artstyle is mediocre.
Oct 7, 2020 7:59 AM

Nov 2014
that god contract reminds me of magic contract in Log Horizon
Oct 7, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2015
was I the only one bothered that his future love interest dresses like Donald Duck?
Oct 8, 2020 12:57 AM
Oct 2020
i already read the manga version and damn so peacefull and beautiful
no romance "yet"
no harem
just about uncle who reincarnated and chill with his family
good plot and emotional scene
verry kind of character
9.8/10
Oct 8, 2020 5:43 AM

Sep 2009
It's a funny way to die and pretty unique :D
I love the vibe of this series and I love it already <3
It's giving me that same aura of 'Ascendance of a Bookworm'. :)
Oct 8, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2012
I gave it a short after reading that it has similar vibes to Bookworm but turned out to be your typical isekai with MC being given a lot of cheat abilities plus stats, meh.
Oct 8, 2020 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
This is just terrible. I have nothing more to say.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 9, 2020 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
looks like this Isekai is gonna be refreshing and good!
SLIMES all the way!!! hehe
5/5.

Oct 9, 2020 3:18 AM

Feb 2014
I always appreciate whatever magic fantasy lore offered by isekai genre, but why the story & characters in this show seems written by 8-year old.. *sigh
ProtozOct 9, 2020 3:23 AM
Oct 9, 2020 3:22 AM

Feb 2014
rladls717 said:
I just can't stop thinking about the fact that the thirty year old man, he looked like he wanted to commit suicide.
I wonder now that, just how long this issues and trend is going to go?
People are talking about how work environment over there are so harsh over there. And this is one of the ways to comfort yourself.

Ryouma, he is just one of them.
These gods really should pick up the people who are living in harsher and in a more critically dangerous conditions than him.
But that is not what the series is about.

Just my thoughts.

and he sports a ripped body.. like how come a typical white-collar corporate drone has any energy & time left after his work to build his body?
Oct 9, 2020 2:44 PM
Jul 2011
And to think he still died from, well "that".

I didn't mind much at first, but after reading the comments about Ryouma in a boy's body face turned red after he saw the little girl, and then my comment got a reply of "sports a ripped body" and "typical white-collar corporate drone" on top of that with a very pale face in his previous life. really rubs me the wrong way. I feel so wrong now.

Which is one of the reasons I still can't take my minds off of his sad previous life. Really, to have a easier life as a child with such weird talents with slimes compared to work in a company to the death as an adult and to have workouts all the way, and still die like that.
I don't think I'm ever going to watch this without thinking about his 39 years old appearance.
rladls717Oct 9, 2020 2:50 PM
Oct 10, 2020 6:03 PM
Mar 2012
OP & mc's cave life so comfy, and ED nice for other reasons.
As chinese gandalf said, it's all cliche isekai so far. Waiting on the unique hook, but it is quite calm to watch.
Oct 13, 2020 8:12 PM
Apr 2020
Isekaied as an 8-year-old boy, what's his mission tho?

Oct 16, 2020 12:04 PM

Sep 2007
11 years old*.
And anyways, loving the light novel, manga and so the anime too. o/
The opening was pretty beautiful.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

103 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 30, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 11 Discussion

Ringare - Dec 13, 2020

34 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 30, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

34 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 30, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2020

37 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 30, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2020

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 30, 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.