Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2020 3:08 PM

Jan 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Yu-hon was cruel and violent long before his wife's early death. I wonder what Kashi was doing from the time between the priests being killed and getting married to Il.
Jun 20, 2020 9:55 PM

Jun 2012
It's not fair to assume Yu-hon to be cruel, for all we knew, the reasons for the priests that were burned might have a deeper issues. Nonetheless, it was an inhumane act so he really is cold-blooded.
Jun 20, 2020 11:16 PM
Sep 2019
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
It's not fair to assume Yu-hon to be cruel, for all we knew, the reasons for the priests that were burned might have a deeper issues. Nonetheless, it was an inhumane act so he really is cold-blooded.

Is burning alive women and children not cruel enough for you? The punishment doesnt even fit the crime, all the priest did was greet the hiryuu descendants.
IMO Yuhon thinks like a communist, he cant handle dissent.
Pen_pineappleJun 20, 2020 11:32 PM
Jun 21, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
Great chapter. It is a good thing to learn that Yun-hon was always a cruel man, even though he loved his wife. And how she realised that but can't do anything about it, it such a cruel thing...
Perhaps when she is dead, it's when he completely loses sense of all things. Btw, Su-won is such a cute little thing!

Kashi is alive and I can guess she's already carrying Yona.
This background story is really helpful, sometimes I feel like the manga is dragging way too much, but when reading these past few chapters I guess is not that bad.
Jun 21, 2020 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
So the worst could come with Yun-Hon who will kill kashi. The drama will come soon enough.
Jun 21, 2020 12:21 PM
Jul 2019
Great now I've to wait for another month and now i don't like yu hon anymore.
Rip kashi in advance
Jun 21, 2020 6:40 PM
Apr 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

Whatever the reason behind, burning people is a cruel thing. Please don't justify.
Jun 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
fuwahfuwaaaaaah said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

Whatever the reason behind, burning people is a cruel thing. Please don't justify.
I'm not justifying it. Please do read the 2nd part of what I've said. You guys keeps getting hanged up only on the first line.

Besides, I'm only giving You hon the benefit of the doubt as he is still some sort of hero in the warring state despite him being ruthless. I'll just clarify that I'm just saying I'll refrain from labeling anyone be it Yu Hon or the priest as black or white till the backstory end.
Jun 22, 2020 12:29 PM
Jun 2015
I really like this backstory. Makes one think a lot about human nature. Different perceptions and actions can lead to so many things. I am having a hard time judging the characters. As real humans, they can be both kind and cruel, it all depends on another person's perspective. There are difference in individual and social perspectives too.

Can't wait for the next chapters! How this story unfolds further!
Jun 26, 2020 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
Oh Look Yu Hon was a bastard all along after all. There goes all of Soo Won's justification and it's his own mother's diary that did it
Jun 26, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2010
To think that this all could have been avoided. I think we already can guess how and why Yona's mother died- and why Il murdered Yu Hon... And that only continues the issues (midly stated) between their children even if they deep down would like to be in same side not on opposite.
Jun 29, 2020 3:30 PM

Apr 2016
I really love the new developments.

We learn Soo Won is a direct descendant of the founder king. Yona is the child of an apprentice maiden who was supposed to be killed under Yu hon's orders. Maybe Yu Hon will try to kill her (again) later on and maybe it will be the reason Il killed his brother ?
The only thing I don't explain so far is the reason why the 4 dragons follow Yona and not Soo Won since Soo Won is supposed to be the only one related by blood with the founder king.

I can't wait for the next chapters.
Jun 29, 2020 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
I really love the new developments.

We learn Soo Won is a direct descendant of the founder king. Yona is the child of an apprentice maiden who was supposed to be killed under Yu hon's orders. Maybe Yu Hon will try to kill her (again) later on and maybe it will be the reason Il killed his brother ?
The only thing I don't explain so far is the reason why the 4 dragons follow Yona and not Soo Won since Soo Won is supposed to be the only one related by blood with the founder king.

I can't wait for the next chapters.

Because it's not the blood they follow. But the soul.
Jul 21, 2020 9:55 AM
May 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

You should pay more attention, because the answer was given in chapter 190.

Aug 6, 2020 7:57 AM
Mar 2015
The crimson king has been split between Yona and Soo won Soo won carries his blood but Yona carries his soul which is why the dragons follow her and protec her
Aug 6, 2020 11:53 PM
May 2016
landofthekwt said:
The crimson king has been split between Yona and Soo won Soo won carries his blood but Yona carries his soul which is why the dragons follow her and protec her

Nothing was split. Soo won is just descendant of crimson king. while Yona is crimson king herself.
Sep 6, 2020 6:07 AM

May 2014
Daym, this was dark chapter. He killed almost everyone knowing the secret of Yon-Hi.
Dec 14, 2023 7:23 AM
May 2022
Yun-Ho really was a cruel man even before meeting Yon-Hi. But people loved him nonetheless because the peace was maintained in Koukha when he was leading the army.

However, I think I understood why Yun-Ho was not chosen by their father. He was just cruel that the priests, who were also the subjects of Koukha, were killed. Poor Ik-su, he almost died from this man! It would be a lot more acceptable if the punishment carried the violation (there was no violation happened either). Yun-Ho didn't know how to properly protect his loved ones. He could be as cruel as he could be as long as he could keep what and who he wanted to protect safe. Good thing Soo-Won did not get his father's cruelty and harsh attitude.

I think he was also behind Kashi's death (so that might be the reason why King Il killed him).

I miss the present arc. I miss The Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch. How long will these flashbacks go on?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

7 by isolated-otaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.