Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2020 2:05 PM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
huh, so the aggressiveness of beastmen comes way back from ancient times and it seems all of them have this syndrome, which Sylvasta tries to cure

pretty interesting episode, a lot of tension build-up. should the beastmen remain the same or should they be cured? guess, the climax episodes will reveal the answer to that
May 6, 2020 12:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, I wonder how they will finish all the story about the syndrome in only 2 episodes
May 6, 2020 12:41 PM
May 2018
Ashhk said:
Good episode, I wonder how they will finish all the story about the syndrome in only 2 episodes

Easy, it's trigger Studio SO

May 6, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2017
This show really has gone downhill for me. It started as a show with so much potential, promise with its synopsis and setting, and had the staff to make a wacky concept like this work with charm.

And it did work for a few episodes, but then because of its very short length, events started to feel shoved down without much actual intrigue, and the plot in reality felt very, very safe and standard compared to what it could have been. Trigger rarely plays it safe, but they sure did this time. And I'm not really a fan, since it left me more bored by the end.

The story became more safe and uninteresting and rushed, the characters continued to remain bland, the visuals are actually slightly underwhelming for what it could offer, the soundtracks are alright but lack intensity and charm, this whole anime is just becoming more hollow and hollow by the episode. 2 more episodes and its done, hope it can at least end sort of well.
May 6, 2020 2:36 PM
Jul 2016
If anyone has ever watched Gurren Lagann, this show is turning out a lot like Gurren Lagann.

I was kinda hoping more so for a Marxist take, where the material conditions of Animacity were causing the unrest, rather than genetic conditions. I mean being poor and having to rely on crime to make ends meet kinda sucks, lol. Then Michuru and Oogami would destroy capitalism, seize the means of production, and save the world, lol. There's still 2(?) episodes left, so here's hoping!
May 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
I mean. Considering the show was built on the idea of 'Don't trust anyone, even your fellow beastmen.' It's fitting it's gone in this direction.

I honestly don't believe that this syndrome is 100% legit. There has got to be a twist in it that isn't explained.
May 6, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2014
The story is getting so complicated. I don't think they will be able to tie all the loose ends.
May 6, 2020 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
welp that mirrors our real world problem of globalization and overpopulation giving racial and cultural conflict or tribalism "us vs them" but in this case its "me (the rampaging beast) vs them" basic (social) darwinism "every man for himself or kill or be killed or law of the jungle" stuff

but ye lets see how Michiru becomes a Brand New Animal without or less of that violent nature since she is a mixed human and beast after all

"who cares about race as long as youre alive" - Michiru then lets go transhumanism or artificial evolution like you girl lol

May 6, 2020 4:57 PM
Apr 2016
RebelPanda said:
The story is getting so complicated. I don't think they will be able to tie all the loose ends.
RebelPanda said:

Yeah while it seemed simple during the first episodes, now I am unsure how many sides are here and who is telling the truth or who is not. It was a great Trigger series but I liked it when I understood Trigger series half season forward.
1. Alan Sylvasta is clearly lying, as he has both orchestrated the capture of the Mayor and the first Nyvilhouwhat syndrome with that research guy. Boris is on his payroll and is a part of the old research team, since Yano and Boris knew each other, although Boris has changed his appearance, supposedly. I said Alan wanted to turn everyone into beastmen, and this is definitely not a mix up, their little incident with the beast factor blood. But here he is trying to... turn everyone into human? Too shallow, keeping on digging.
2. Since Alan is lying, how do we know any of them are telling the real account of how events went back in the mythical Egypt-ish city? We see flashbacks of beastmen turning into monsters, but what is the real... Trigger? HUH GET IT!?
3. Prime Minister is going to nuke Animacity. Yay, whoever wanted a third one. But where that leaves the narrative? If beastmen are not an allusion to the vast range of human emotions (Alan keeps repeating Entropy), then I do not know. Unless it goes to touch on the fundamental existential questions of humanity I cannot see it as a Trigger series. So hopefully we are just DUMB and cannot realize it yet.
deg said:
welp that mirrors our real world problem of globalization and overpopulation giving racial and cultural conflict or tribalism "us vs them" but in this case its "me (the rampaging beast) vs them" basic (social) darwinism "every man for himself or kill or be killed or law of the jungle" stuff

Great racist narrative degman, but as we know Sylvasta is the one guilty of causing these "modern" rampages. It is not about beasts just being close to each other, different species, it is about an individual (an organization) causing disorder in pursuit of personal goals, however noble. Do not know how it goes with your take on multiculturalism.
Daniel_NaumovMay 6, 2020 5:01 PM
Re:formed
May 6, 2020 5:07 PM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:

deg said:

Great racist narrative degman, but as we know Sylvasta is the one guilty of causing these "modern" rampages. It is not about beasts just being close to each other, different species, it is about an individual (an organization) causing disorder in pursuit of personal goals, however noble. Do not know how it goes with your take on multiculturalism.

err im actually a globalist especially believing in a global tax system

and nope cultural conflict will happen so better go all world cultural assimilation and create a new one like what the internet culture is trying to start maybe

Cultural conflict is a type of conflict that occurs when different cultural values and beliefs clash. It has been used to explain violence and crime. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_conflict
May 6, 2020 5:13 PM
Apr 2016
deg said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

and nope cultural conflict will happen so better go all world cultural assimilation and create a new one like what the internet culture is trying to start maybe

Cultural conflict is a type of conflict that occurs when different cultural values and beliefs clash. It has been used to explain violence and crime. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_conflict

Yeah no you are trying to apply wrong metaphors which do not stand in-story. Reflect on that.
May 6, 2020 5:16 PM

Jan 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
deg said:

Yeah no you are trying to apply wrong metaphors which do not stand in-story. Reflect on that.

guess you think of it literally or strictly while i just loosely or abstractly think more about it
May 6, 2020 5:19 PM
Apr 2016
deg said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

guess you think of it literally or strictly while i just loosely or abstractly think more about it

Well duh, it is in the language. You have to express yourself in a clear and coherent manner. Or you can become a president. Choose your destiny.
May 6, 2020 5:50 PM

Oct 2014
erikkamirs said:
If anyone has ever watched Gurren Lagann, this show is turning out a lot like Gurren Lagann.

I was kinda hoping more so for a Marxist take, where the material conditions of Animacity were causing the unrest, rather than genetic conditions. I mean being poor and having to rely on crime to make ends meet kinda sucks, lol. Then Michuru and Oogami would destroy capitalism, seize the means of production, and save the world, lol. There's still 2(?) episodes left, so here's hoping!
Animacity is a fascist state, not a communist. There is a huge divide between social classes, it's literally an ethnostate, all information from the outside world is censored, and they invented a pretend God (rather than a dictator) to control the people.

Michiru already accepted the government as is. She supports Nazuna. The only person opposed to all of this is Shirou, but he refuses to integrate with humans and he advocates for the ethnostate. There's not much nuance, I think you are giving it more credit than it derserves.
May 6, 2020 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
I feel like this escalated way too quickly and I have to side with Shirou here. He's been protecting beastmen all these years and now suddenly they want to just make beastmen into humans? That's got to be a total slap in the face. And Michiru is pretty much dead to me at this point. She doesn't have time to make any kind of decent turnaround.
May 6, 2020 6:29 PM
Jul 2016
RebelPanda said:
erikkamirs said:

Animacity is a fascist state, not a communist. There is a huge divide between social classes, it's literally an ethnostate, all information from the outside world is censored, and they invented a pretend God (rather than a dictator) to control the people.

Michiru already accepted the government as is. She supports Nazuna. The only person opposed to all of this is Shirou, but he refuses to integrate with humans and he advocates for the ethnostate. There's not much nuance, I think you are giving it more credit than it derserves.

Lol, probably got my hopes up, lol. Figured Animacity was meant to be a critique of neoliberalism- the state works with questionable corporations and the literal mafia, while neglecting its own people in the slums. All while declaring itself as a haven for beastmen.

Trigger's other shows seemed more woke, in terms of challenging hierarchies and evil governments.
erikkamirsMay 6, 2020 6:32 PM
May 6, 2020 6:32 PM

Oct 2014

If there's a critique somewhere I can't find it. The setting reminds me of a more grounded version of Kill la Kill's, except in that anime the main characters revolted against the system. In this the writers don't criticize it. It goes a lot further right than just neoliberalism.
May 7, 2020 12:39 AM
Apr 2016
RebelPanda said:

If there's a critique somewhere I can't find it. The setting reminds me of a more grounded version of Kill la Kill's, except in that anime the main characters revolted against the system. In this the writers don't criticize it. It goes a lot further right than just neoliberalism.

It seems to be more about people than politics.I will see the rest so maybe I am mistaken, but it has already dealt with many social issues which are quite apparent in Japan itself.
May 7, 2020 1:40 AM

Mar 2019
The only way to save beatmen from their agressivity is to turn them into humans wtf
Shirou acts irrationnally too, too bad
May 7, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2016
@Daniel_Naumov

or Alan wants to become "god" by becoming beastmen and recreating events that Shirou survived. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 7, 2020 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
Great epiosde!

When dealing with that rampaging Horse, Michiru gets shot with live amunition and Alan is trying to brush it off as a "mistake"! He sure knows how to talk himself out of these situations. I can't blame Shirou for losing his cool there!

We'll see who will be right in the end but it seems that even the Major got tricked and the minister was already fully into the scheme...
May 7, 2020 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
They're going at it in such a roundabout way I can't help but feel BNA is losing the appeal it showed in its first episodes.
May 7, 2020 11:32 PM

Jul 2017
After this episode...BNA as a series is becoming truly what it is: an oversighted flaw, given scriptwriter Kazuki Nakashima's signature blunder of "if it makes ANY sense, then it's a story worth telling."

FYI, emphasize that this is Episode 10, not the usual 8/9 (where IMO the 3-episode rule applies for the end as well for a decent ending). Heck, they could've done an extra Episode 13 too.

The distrust to Alan Sylvasta only keeps growing, and his "Nirvasyl Syndrome" only serves to displace Animacity and tie loose ends as amicably as possible without giving his main plot away to make the city ANOTHER human-filled fascist city.

As Shirou loses his mentality and let's the better of Alan's plot sieve into his mindset along with Mayor Barbaray's vision and mission for Animacity, so do Michiru and her reasoning. Even with Nazuna's blatant requests set upon her...

Michiru's mum: "As long as Ginrou-sama is here (Nazuna, NOT Shirou), may you become a good beastmen."
Mayor Barbaray: "I don't care if I die being a beastmen..."
*Alan comes in like a boss of his ministers tasks*
See the overarching plot now?

animejas said:
And it did work for a few episodes, but then because of its very short length, events started to feel shoved down without much actual intrigue, and the plot in reality felt very, very safe and standard compared to what it could have been. Trigger rarely plays it safe, but they sure did this time. And I'm not really a fan, since it left me more bored by the end.
The innovation really lost its charm when the content is lesser than the plot, and I have to concede to this thought as well.

2 episodes to go...it's VERY hard to wrap content like this in such a short frame of time, but the wish-fulfilment must go on.
May 8, 2020 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
Things escalated fast and I refuse to believe Alan is working for the good of the beastmen. In the first place turning beastmen into human is a ridiculous thought. It's straight up asking them to change their species lmao, no way that's gonna work.
May 10, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2020
I mean, yeah, cool episode, but leave the Mayor alone. I swear to Ginrou if anything happens to her...
Also, not gonna lie, I was surprised that the ''ancestor theory'' got confirmed.
...-su.
May 10, 2020 9:45 PM
Sep 2017
Yup this sounds like Trigger to me
May 10, 2020 10:18 PM
Jun 2017
2 episodes and it feels like the story its coming to a rushed end. I wonder if 2 episodes will be enough to explain the Nylvasir Syndrome and also Boris. There are some underlying tones I'm afraid won't have enough time to be developed, like how true it is that Mayor Rose and Alan are working seamlessly together, or how likely it is for the outside society to accept beastmen. It's a shame this series is so short, as it has (or had, as it's being spent and used each episode) a lot of potential.
May 13, 2020 6:07 PM

Apr 2020
Alan is so good to manipulate everyone, I like his despicable personality. But we only have more 2 episodes, we had absolutely nothing important before episode 6 and now everything is going so fast. I feel we needed more information.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 13, 2020 9:29 PM

Oct 2018
I don't buy the syndrome Alan is talking about, he's too shady. Yaba (the rhino) rampaged after Nazuna's "manager" visited him in jail... I think he developed the rampaging agent to create a reason to finally eliminate the beastmen, an obsession of his family during the las 1000 years.
It's Trigger, there's always a twist. Too bad this one was so predictable, but let's see, there might be more in store.
May 14, 2020 8:54 PM

Aug 2017
I no longer have any hope for this series. Everything is so predictable, almost all the characters are dumb or poorly developed. It is obvious that Alan is not a good person and he is going to do something bad.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 15, 2020 7:38 PM
Nov 2018
very interesting moral stuff going on, humans trying to control in the shadows like what sylvester is trying to do, he's obviously up to more than what he is saying. ginrou's got a point about forcing beastman to become human against their will. also michiru and fake ginrou, humans becoming beastmen, do they actually understand the plight of being a beastman or not even after experiencing the daily lives of beastmen? let's see where the show takes these things in the last 2 episodes and who's story is correct, the humans or the beastmen? who will be the victor that rewrites history?
May 17, 2020 1:17 AM
Apr 2018
That was one frustrating epsiode. Michiru doesn't have the right to argue with Shirou. She has been acting ass the whole time.
May 17, 2020 8:37 PM

Jul 2016
Well, things sure got complicated this time with Shirou practically becoming an enemy of the state. Honestly, can't blame the guy for losing his temper. It indeed was a lot to take in.

Interesting episode. Leaving aside the fact of Alan probably having more personal motives, I actually liked the moral dilemma that was established.
The sudden Idol performance idea tho... that really came out of nowhere...
May 19, 2020 3:52 AM

Oct 2018
And here I had hoped Trigger would defy expectations by having the evil looking guy be good after all. Seems that's not the case, but I surmise the ending will be characteristically Trigger given that we're only 2 episodes out.
May 20, 2020 10:34 AM

Sep 2018
Yay! Here come the answers they expected so much, now the mystery is revealed. The narrative has managed once again to be engaging and to provide basic messages: propaganda is a formidable weapon, like the oratory art, today's enemy can prove to be the ally of tomorrow and you must never betray your ideas. Think people think!
May 25, 2020 10:09 PM

Nov 2012
Turning the horse beastman into a human without his permission or even that of a relative really angered me. It reminded me of forced sterilization. Government imposing it's will upon the people.
Jun 6, 2020 5:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
All of the plot twist really confusing. Until now, i don't really get it, who was right, and who was wrong there. But one thing can be the truth that Michiru always be a naives being. Its just simple, cosidering her ego swings so fast, like my mood watching this episode entirely.

Another interesting part here where finally Boss of the family worked together with Oogami. Interesting to see how they work together fighting Alan's plan in the last two episodes. Can Anima's city survived? What Michiru do? I hope she doesn't do shit while conflict happen.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 12, 2020 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
Alan really is showcasing himself as a villain in this episode. Simply trying to brush aside the moment when his robots tried to shoot down Michiru with live ammunition by "accident" is a bit of a bad move on his part.

Despite that, his plan is rather well constructed and things are still falling into place for him. Shiro really lost his rag multiple times at Alan, mainly down to his plan of "curing" the beastman against their will with the vaccine he's making and I honestly can't blame him for it. With him now being classed as a criminal and with Mayor Rose now in a bind thanks to her visit to the dodgy minister, it was good timing to see the mobster boss make his appearance again. It'll be interesting to see what will happen with these two next time.

As for Michiru, she's now back on nicer terms with Nazuna, who made a sudden appearance and their chat was pretty nice. Despite that, Michiru's still concerned about Shiro, so whatever happens within the last two episodes, I still think Michiru is going to be involved one way or another. As a main character, that enough should be obvious.
Jun 13, 2020 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
I have a feeling Nazuna is going to be backstabbed or die, either killed/betrayed by Alan or that obsessed follower of hers.
BibimbapskiJun 13, 2020 8:30 AM
臭い-
Jul 4, 2020 6:27 AM
Sep 2007
Seeing how angry, stubborn and quick to judge Shirou is, I wonder who is the actual villain here. Like giving beast-people a choice would be something bad. Especially since it turns out that gathering lots of beast-people in one place and thus increasing their stress level is a very bad idea.
Jul 11, 2020 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
looks like everything is going down again!
you can't trust Alan!
PM is making the situation more worse!
5/5.

Jul 12, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2008
Different species being cramped together on one territory leads to build-up of frustration and aggression? It is as if he is saying multiculturalism is bad. Alan is pretty based in that regard, too bad he's being made into a villain here, as expected from the studio that tends to pander to the west.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 14, 2020 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
The mayor has found out the hard way that Alan and the prime minister cannot be trusted. Hopefully, she can still be rescued.

Shirou has gotten into a car with the head of "The Family." Can he be trusted this time around?

Jul 18, 2020 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
Evil Alan is evil. Poor mayor, she means well.

Tsk, this episode showed me, ultimately Michiru is a human. A human who was illegally turned into a beastman, but a human nevertheless. She doesn't even try to see it from Shirou or a beastman's POV. Making the species extinct, how the heck is that a good idea? Smh. Disappointed in her.

Shirou shouldn't have gotten so emotional though his reaction was understandable. Plus, he was never going to have anyone on his side, anyway. Beastmen are ignorant about the experiments and supposed rampage disease, the mayor has been swayed by Alan, Alan is sneaky, etc etc.
Jul 23, 2020 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
Well, despite I don’t trust in Alan, if what he said about the vaccine is true, well, many ethic problems must be approached here, he entitled himself to take care of a problem that is not of his business., beastmen is a race here, and with all, they have an essence as a race, they must take their own decisions for the better of the race, unfortunately, that harder to do than to say, with examples in modern human society. I’m in the line between understanding and not understanding Shirou’s attitude, I’m very biased upon not trusting Alan, and getting something from Flip, I guess, especially after Rose’s arrest.
Jul 30, 2020 5:34 PM

Jun 2020
Michiru is quite stubborn with her ideas, she should analyze more and not trust too much, but sometimes we can be like that.
Shirou is right in several ways.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jul 30, 2020 5:34 PM

Jun 2020
Michiru is quite stubborn with her ideas, she should analyze more and not trust too much, but sometimes we can be like that.
Shirou is right in several ways.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Aug 28, 2020 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
Nice job supporting the silver wolf there Michiru, true comrade like your friend Nazuna...
Shirou acted pretty rash there but can't blame him for having pride in being a beastmen with the turn beastmen to humans being sort of the same thing as erasing all beastmen so only humans remain.
I don't trust Alan's explanation there, I believe his ancestors made the animals go berserk with some drug.

Aug 28, 2020 4:17 AM

Oct 2019
Ellenwitch said:
I mean. Considering the show was built on the idea of 'Don't trust anyone, even your fellow beastmen.' It's fitting it's gone in this direction.

I honestly don't believe that this syndrome is 100% legit. There has got to be a twist in it that isn't explained.

More likely it is triggered by some substance that, surprise surprise, is also made by Sylvasta and his company. We already saw a clear hint of this earlier when Boris was the apparent cause of the syndrome of that guy who was in prison. Right after he super-beastified and wrecked the prison Boris reported to his boss about how the test* went, and that boss is almost certainly Alan Sylvasta.

*Not just a test. Sylvasta also wanted to shut his mouth before he confessed what he knew to the police. He is the only one with both a motive and means to take him out.
(I still have not watched the last 2 episodes...)
Oct 21, 2020 1:30 AM

Aug 2017
This was an interesting episode. I didn't expect that the Beastmen killed each other and then humans finished them off 1000 years ago!!!

And is Alan a good guy??

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

215 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:01 PM

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

70 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:01 PM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

48 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

47 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 4:59 PM

Poll: » BNA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

53 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 4:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.