Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2020 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was the last ep! The world is at peace again. Hopefully there will be a season 2.
Apr 5, 2020 7:11 AM
Sep 2013
Aren't there 16 episodes or is the page wrong?
Apr 5, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2015
sazzai said:

episode 16 is airing next week saturday
Apr 5, 2020 6:22 PM

Aug 2010
Argo159 said:
sazzai said:

May I ask where you got that info from? Because on bilibili's page it says "Completed, all 15 episodes"
XealiasApr 5, 2020 6:27 PM
Apr 6, 2020 2:41 AM
Jan 2017
I'm pretty sure there's only 15 eps, just like with Xealias said.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
Xealias said:
Argo159 said:

May I ask where you got that info from? Because on bilibili's page it says "Completed, all 15 episodes"

yeah i guess i was wrong, i have used third party sites that still say their is going to be a new episode on saturday however bilibili's page says completed with 15 episodes R.I.P
Apr 7, 2020 3:58 PM
Aug 2015
There are 16 episodes. there are 2 slightly different versions of episode 10.
Apr 16, 2020 12:05 AM
Dec 2019
So no ep 16 huh, buummmerrrrr
Apr 16, 2020 9:15 AM
Aug 2019
Some sites said episode 16 will be back in 2may
Apr 19, 2020 2:04 AM

Apr 2013
This deviated so much from the novel I can't even guess if there will be another season. It was pretty good overall but I much prefer the novel. 7/10
Apr 19, 2020 7:56 AM
Nov 2019
Does anyone knows why at the end the MC want to turn back the time a little bit? Just to see the old man??
Apr 19, 2020 11:38 AM
Oct 2017
Maybe it was a teaser for an OVA? Just my thought.
Apr 24, 2020 3:54 AM
Sep 2013
I'm pretty sure the MAL page said 16ep's haha, ofc it has changed now :)
Jun 7, 2020 8:05 PM

Feb 2019
this was a really good show, i'm surprised it just ended like that, hopefully there'll be a season 2 if not can someone point me towards somewhere where i can read a translated version of the novel?
Jun 8, 2020 7:32 AM

Jul 2012
I so love this series, hope it'll get 2nd season
now's the time to read the novel, I guess
Jun 8, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2014
Apparently there are actually a total of 16 episodes. there are two episode 10. The original episode 10 which has been taken down, and replaced with a new episode 10 taking its place in the playlist on bilibili. As Wang Ling literally time traveled back to episode 10 to fix few things.
Jun 15, 2020 9:57 PM
Jan 2016
So is there any consensus as to what the MC went back to change in the epilogue? It still sets up for the games the same way.....I don't see how changing the way the old man is caught changes anything major.....either there is a geniusly hidden plot detail somewhere in ep 10 or we are just being fucked with.......
Jul 2, 2020 9:28 PM

Feb 2020
SEASON 2.

I'll be waiting.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 3, 2020 4:07 AM
Jun 2020
Anyone know when if season is coming, or where in the manhua the first season ends?
Jul 14, 2020 1:47 PM
Oct 2018
Is there going to be a Season 2 ?
Jul 21, 2020 9:34 PM
Feb 2020
Episode 16 (which is a different version of e10) plays mostly the same up to mid battle (just before the hero joins) and then time rewinds to just before the battle starts. Now the old guy is interrupted by the MC, hoisted up the poll instead and the hero gets credit again as the battle never starts. All the flashback scenes for the driver and villainess were removed. The episode ends the same so e11 can proceed unchanged.

I liked the MC using his powers again but it makes no sense as an e10 replacement with the time rewind
Aug 15, 2020 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
The ending quite messy
The rest is funny and enjoyable :D

Hoping for season 2
Aug 26, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2015
Decent series (reminds me of Saiki kusuo and Mob Psycho 100) with some absurd humor you just gotta love about chinese animations. Don't really mind Wang Ling's apathy caused by the rune but I'm bothered by how he barely does anything and when he does his power is out of control with the others showing some weird ignorance to it and still viewing him as weak. Feels bit overplayed and annoying in my opinion.

Sep 29, 2020 9:03 AM
Jul 2019
Imagine being so powerful that they have to bring a relative back to life because they'll get clapped. Overall, pretty decent episode. There isn't anything to write home about in Episodes 1-13. But episodes 14-15 is where it gets really good. Sure they had to pull that BS with bringing Sun Rong back because of fucking wukong, but I think the romantic aspect was executed well.

I don't get the last part much but I think I have an idea of what he's trying to do. Suppose old man/that lady's master was the reason why it lead to that event of Sun Rong dying. He died at the hands of Sun Rong's people which made the lady completely go ham on Sun Rong at the end. Perhaps changing that will play a major role into changing that lady's course of action, making it easier to save Sun Rong. Something like the Butterfly Effect. The simplest of actions can change the future devastatingly.

7/10 for this one. Wouldn't mind getting a season 2, cause ending it at just that is no fair.
Oct 3, 2020 11:35 AM
May 2020
I liked this show very much. Especially the episodes from the spiritual battle event. From episode 13, it become really great. I also think the same thing as what SomeGuyWithHair stated.
Hoping for Season 2!!!
Oct 7, 2020 1:37 PM
Aug 2018
I can't understand shit about the ending what the fuck is happening fucccckkk
Oct 9, 2020 7:35 PM
Mar 2018
Did anyone notice the Yama chick is from "Da Wang Bu Gaoxing - The Furious Yama" which came out roughly around the same time as this - wish there was a season 2 with the two MC's getting together
Nov 19, 2020 12:55 AM

Apr 2014
Okay so one thing doesn't make sense. The girl got her soul destroyed means that he soul is vanished from existence. How the hell she ends up in the underworld?

Well not gonna bother knowing anymore cause in the end everything is back to normal right (or not)?

Nov 22, 2020 3:05 AM
Jun 2020
Can someone please explain how the heck the "going back in time" part worked?

It seemed like he first tried simply restarting the world, then he went back in time, and then he straight up just made a new world. However, in the real world that was restarted Lotus Sun still dies, then goes to the underworld just to end up being sent back to her body because the underworld rulers were afraid of their realms being destroyed? She was able to destroy the fake world that Wang was living in because she was never meant to die in the real world ( since he went back in time for her) but it still ended up in her death?

I am not entirely sure, and I would really like to understand.
Dec 5, 2020 6:56 PM
Mar 2014
Even though it was generic and I was supposed to hate it like majority the trash out there but surprisingly it was a breathe of fresh air for some reason. Cant lie I did somewhat enjoy it but the Chinese was weird and took alot to get used too, cant say I have even now but I somehow put up with it. My stance still stands however; Anime should stay in Japan, China and the rest for that matter need to stay out of this industry and stop constantly trying to cash in on every bloody opportunity they see.

Edit: its not generic at all. Thinking back now it's concept of world restart and how it went about doing stuff in the final few episodes was different then most other anime so yeah it definitely stands well above being generic but still too plain if you know what I mean.
Dec 17, 2020 7:01 AM
Nov 2020
9anime days there's a season 2 but I'm not sure
Jul 3, 2021 10:05 AM
Apr 2015
Probably an unpopular opinion but they should have just stayed at the end of the world and go on a journey to naturally find a way to restore time. I didn’t really like the time travel stuff but I was fine with the 4 of them being in that other dimension but Su Rong also doesn’t have a weapon either
Jul 11, 2021 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty interesting series because of Wang Ling especially. But what happened about the whole Wang Ling creating another world thing lost me tbh though it is a fascinating idea.

Also wished there were more actual development between Wang Ling and Sun Rong because I feel like for Wang Ling especially he suddenly had this deep love for Sun Rong l so I was like… okay lol

But it’s an interesting concept , the whole worldview and concept of the characters, the powers, the school it’s all very interesting
Jul 13, 2021 1:48 PM

Sep 2019
who would have thought a show with such a bad first ep could turn out with an ending this good, what i mean is that for a big part they tried to pull off stupid jokes like "haha i'm the author and i suck", it feels like i needed a previous context to understand why that should be funny alongside some other jokes, but yea, I wasn't expecting him to pull something like that off lol, mf reversed time and created a whole new world bruh.
Jul 14, 2021 3:29 AM

Jan 2014
I was wondering what will he do to that old man?
Jul 21, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2021
ShinXShinra said:
Anime should stay in Japan, China and the rest for that matter need to stay out of this industry and stop constantly trying to cash in on every bloody opportunity they see.

For decades, Japanese animation studios have outsourced in-between frames to China and South Korea. The Japanese anime industry is actually a pan Asian industry (with Japan leading the way). So it is kind of tough to say China should stay out of Anime since Japan relies on Chinese animators a lot. Otherwise, the production schedules will fall behind or a show becomes too expensive to create.

Also China has been an important influence to the development of Japanese anime. The first animated film in Asia (Princess Iron Fan) was made by a Chinese studio. The donghua was a hit in all of East Asia and Princess Iron Fan would serve as inspiration for the Tezuka Osamu who is the creator of Astro Boy. Without Princess Iron Fan, we may not have Astro Boy today.

Likewise Japan has been an animation powerhouse for most of the 80s, 90s and early 2000s and has influenced a lot of Chinese animation which is natural. Since Japan, China and South Korea are neighbors, you can't separate them because these3 countries are interconnected economically and culturally.

Lastly, The Daily Life of the Immortal King may be based on a Chinese web novel, but Haoliner studio has offices in Japan and South Korea. So Japanese and South Korean animators also work on this show as well.
Jul 23, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2019
So the moral of this anime: Love is everything. Godlike powers are used for the most absurd events. I gotta say, the animation can be mind-blowing good. But that's about it.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 24, 2021 2:13 AM
Jun 2020
Wang's power scaling is atrocious. He can destroy the world accidentally, yet his power seemed mild while in rage mode. Either he can punch her head off with one shot, or he's not that powerful. I was also disappointed with the amulet being put back on him. Wasn't the entire point of the amulet failing to prove he didn't need it? We saw he could control his power quite well and the positive effect it had on his mental well-being.
Jul 25, 2021 5:25 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah, the whole remaking the world vs reversing time thing made no sense to me. If he could rewind the driver's fight, why couldn't he rewind the girl's assassination? That and the casual memory erasure throughout really annoyed me. Oh and the "romantic" destruction of worlds, killing about 7 billion each. 6/10
Jul 31, 2021 9:48 PM

May 2019
fistyoursoul said:
Okay so one thing doesn't make sense. The girl got her soul destroyed means that he soul is vanished from existence. How the hell she ends up in the underworld?

Well not gonna bother knowing anymore cause in the end everything is back to normal right (or not)?

I guess they sadi that "link" between her soul and her body got destroyed, so he could not put it back "fisically" (physical restoration was the only power he knew before the Dog-Toad came with hacks).

The all the underworld scene is foreshadowing for season 2, with implied things not explained (their boss was the Wang after all?)

Anyway, the writing of this story is not the "greatest" one lol, lots of plot holes.

I liked the animation, and for the hell, chinese VAs are VERY BAD, HORRIBLE, almost always, it is not the language, it is the lack of emotion in the speaking, but this series at least bring it to an almost-average japanese anime VA work, what is a great achievement for chinese donghua.
Aug 17, 2021 8:33 PM
Jan 2011
Good show. Even if that love he had for Sun Rong was random and made no sense. Chinese have a lot of improvement to make in anime. And their voice over is still terrible like the rest of their entertainment.
Aug 24, 2021 7:43 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, I love this story. Another masterpiece but I'm sad Sun, Rong won't be remembering some of her memories.

imo. It needs more development or extension like "encapsuling/copying her memories and install/give it to the past self of Sun, Rong" would have been a great plot.

I really adore Sun, Rong's character here and as well her Voice Actress-she makes her character so cute, pretty and adorable. I need more of her!

I was really glad they didn't make some panty shots here in the series because it ruins the purity of heroines (and I'm serious about that). Great job for whoever shutdown the proposal of adding ecchi in this series.

Overall, I gave it 9/10. Though I was thinking of some more romcom here and there or a 2nd season would be nice.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 7, 2021 4:11 AM

Apr 2009
World peace my ass! I want my Chinese anime romance and shounen all in one!

He restarted the world several thousands of times hoping to find her alive again, failing in that he attempted to create a new world unknowingly destroying the old one in the process, the gods (the underworld at that but it does involve the rest) had to sent Sun Rong back to the living to intervene for all the rest of Creation. The End. At the end of credit scene, during the time reverse why did he stop at the old guy in the roof top though?

6/10 Good enough I guess.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 11, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2015
Can anyone explain the ending to me? Especially the scene with the old man?
Oct 13, 2021 5:08 AM

Apr 2020
Average but I will give it an extra point for a few cool fight scenes especially in ep 14. 6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 15, 2021 5:13 PM
May 2011
This was an abomination. Full of Chinese clichés, weak story line, weak plot, weak everything. Everything is sub-par. I can only blame CCP censorship for this. I know China can make good novels and stories, however this is not it.

If you are 12, you might enjoy this.
Nov 13, 2021 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
Comedy parts were superb, story not so much. Those last few episodes were kinda pain to watch and the whole time travel/world recreation is just a mess.
Nonetheless I enjoyed first half a lot.
Nov 21, 2021 8:47 PM

Dec 2012
That was beautiful

Nov 29, 2021 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
This was so good. I loved the comedy and the scene choices. Like the still shot from the staircase just before the railing as Wang Ling walked down to the first floor. It reminded me of scenes from Clannad or 5 Centimeters per Second.

The romance was all I needed. I mean them staying in another universe together and a kiss would've been poggers but I'm happy with it regardless.

Wow what an entertaining story wrapped in so many Chinese cultural references and proverbs while giving you so much to relate to. I was thoroughly entertained and that's a 10/10 in my book. I got what I came for.

That ending tho!!

Nov 29, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2008
TOTALLY LMFAO WHEN KID SAW SUN RONG ON THE ROCK NEXT TO HIM LMAOOOOOO

I'm impressed with the way they handled the shifting of worlds and time travel vs reversing time. Also the ability to go back to any point in time with the ability to transcend the speed of light. The science was surprisingly artistic- taking facts and what we know and bending the truth to make it fun. I'm impressed!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo Episode 1 Discussion

JiangHaoyi1979 - Feb 9, 2020

25 by dspr »»
May 4, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo Episode 8 Discussion

Unkrowned - Aug 26, 2020

6 by Phantomking1074 »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

» The Scene After the Credits, Explanation

Biwasaka - Jun 30, 2021

4 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 11, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo Episode 10 Discussion

Unkrowned - Aug 26, 2020

3 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 11, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Xian Wang de Richang Shenghuo Episode 14 Discussion

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaka - Mar 25, 2020

28 by EinTheVariance »»
Apr 11, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.