Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2012
I knew something was wrong with that kid. Such a sad story. Nice ending too. 8/10.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 22, 2015 10:44 AM

Sep 2014
That was a Nice Ending.

xxxHOLiC was a Good one, Now i cant wait to watch xxxHOLiC Kei.
Apr 22, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2011
Oh man, the last 3 episodes have been great! This episode felt like a Natsume Yuujincho episode, with the wind blowing and all that.

Unfortunately, the rest of the series weren't as great. There were way too many episodes where the majority of the focus was on Watanuki but yet the episode still insisted on telling the customer's story which resulted in the lack of screen time to properly flesh out the story of the customers. Take the most recent episode for example, a lady came into the store to ask for a wish to destroy the picture, what was shown and known about the story of that lady is pretty simple - she killed her friend because her friend was eyeing a guy she loved, that's pretty much the basis of it, we didn't get to see any of that, we were only told of the story, and most of that episode was spent on Watanuki being Watanuki, so yeah.. it came across as somewhat pointless episode because the "curse" or "lore" or whatever you wanna call it, wasn't really that interesting because it was never explained.

It was still really enjoyable to watch, but I was expecting a lot more. To be honest, I was also expecting this to be somewhat scary//creepy, like this episode was, but this is not that kind of show.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 30, 2017 12:09 AM

Oct 2015
The anime for me was not bad and sometimes funny. Especially when Doumeki suddenly appears when Watanuki is about to get cosy with Himawari. Other than that it was fine with no direct story line.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 15, 2017 12:53 PM

Mar 2016
I feel kinda out of the loop...so many people loved this but I thought it was only okay, I gave it a 6/10, so I'm just wondering how it has an overall score of like 8. Did I miss something?

It was interesting, but some things got really old (like Himawari saying "you guys get along so well!" to Doumeki and Watanuki when they fight like every ep). It also seemed a bit strange to wrap the show up and then have this side story as the very last episode. Seemed more like an OVA, though I did like the story of it.
Oct 17, 2017 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
Watanuki seems more like a tragic character than a comedic one. I think this series had some problems, mostly thematic and character ones, but it still managed to endear and entertain. Also, Doumeki's such a dick.
Jul 24, 2020 8:59 PM

Mar 2020
This show would've been much better if Watanuki was chill like he was in these past few episodes instead of screaming his ass off every 2 seconds.

His character should've been 80% Calm/Cool, 20% screaming/losing his shit and it would've been funny. Instead this mf screams his dick off like 95% of the time and that shit was unfuckinbearable.

Overall the music and Yuuko are easily my favorite things about this show. Loved those creepy ass episodes with that creepy ass music, shit was a vibe.

also that OP was wavy af. Probably one of my favorite openings ever. i never skipped that shit.

Trojun said:
the way the other boy was looking at Watanuki it looked like he wanted to slip him an entirely different kind of bone.

ayy lmao
BlufaceBabyJul 24, 2020 9:20 PM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 6, 2021 3:19 PM

Mar 2010
The feels were real, and honestly twas great to see watanuki come from humble times, tho he is still kinda being cucked but in the best type of way.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2023 3:43 AM

Dec 2013
I knew it ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ This is really good. I will definitely watch the next seasons!

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Episode 1 Discussion

Trojun - Apr 9, 2008

46 by jessica_eumsm »»
Apr 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Episode 5 Discussion

Trojun - Apr 14, 2008

40 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:54 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Episode 20 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Mar 28, 2008

32 by StateofOhayo »»
Jan 28, 4:12 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Episode 19 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Mar 12, 2008

37 by StateofOhayo »»
Jan 28, 3:49 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Episode 18 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Mar 11, 2008

34 by StateofOhayo »»
Jan 28, 2:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.