Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
...I see you still did not tell me were you come from yet make assumptions of me being american
Ok this conversation is over. It's obvious I'm talking to an NPC trying to delve into my personal background in order to somehow delegitimize and invalidate my point and case. Go read our entire conversation and go ahead and HIGHLIGHT the part I specifically singled you out as an American because your reading comprehension needs work. Bye
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 18, 2020 3:23 AM

Jan 2016
that bitch sold her out. But don't worry Somali, Golem-san will protect you.
Mar 18, 2020 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
Janethan23 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
...I see you still did not tell me were you come from yet make assumptions of me being american
Ok this conversation is over. It's obvious I'm talking to an NPC trying to delve into my personal background in order to somehow delegitimize and invalidate my point and case. Go read our entire conversation and go ahead and HIGHLIGHT the part I specifically singled you out as an American because your reading comprehension needs work. Bye
Angry much? What I wanted was for you to actually bring valid arguments not emotional tricks into the conversation. A country of origin is not much in a personal background in my opinion but anyway... And yes you did not single me out but you heavily implied me being an american for the last 3 comments. I am romanian btw if it matters.
Mar 21, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
No no no Rosa....why did you do that?!
Mar 21, 2020 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but the preview gives me anxiety.
Mar 26, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
That was a sweet flashback.

Those poor fools planning something shady, they better beware of Daddy Golem.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2020 10:37 PM

Mar 2019
The First Half was the most beautiful and sad part of the entire series...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 27, 2020 4:02 PM
Mar 2020
Realmente cada episódio foi maravilhoso de se ver
Principalmente se tratando da interação do Golen e a Somali.
Apr 1, 2020 2:53 PM

Aug 2017
Ok, now i know what is the main problem in this show. The first half where it shows how the Golem and Somali met each other must have been in the first episode not now, its not a pacing problem but my first impression in the first episode would not have been so bad if they had shown it there and not here. It seems that they "remembered" to show it in the tenth episode.

I suspected that the Granny was hiding something when she hugged Somali. Anyway, the second half was very boring until the last scene.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2020 12:19 AM

May 2013
Somali as a slave TT^TT poor thing </3 so glad she found Golem Papa ;A;

Anyways, she's got 2 demons and a golem to protecc her next ep. Hope they get back in time to save her D;

Rosa was either a fake wife used by that stupid gang who lost or she let her inner Grotesque out bc of weak willpower :( Disappointed in her.
Jun 6, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
Somali persisted till she got a new dad LOL. Golem-san acting like a worried mother lmao
Kill that auntie she don't deserve to live.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 1, 2020 7:27 PM

Feb 2019
That first half started out sad but became more wholesome as it went. I wonder what happened to that carriage though. How did both the grotesques and the human slaves all die?

Seeing Somali in such a poor state as she did when Golem first found her was heartbreaking. Even though she had been enslaved by grotesques, she showed no fear of Golem, even though he's clearly not human. That just made it more bitter because even after what I presumed they did to her as a slave (usual cruelty), she's still so friendly. Good that it was Golem that found her.

Damn, I knew something felt off about that Auntie Rosa. I hope nothing happens to any of them, but from the PV it doesn't look good. Why is Golem only carrying Shizuno? I hope those grotesques that try to lay their hands on Somali die.
Aug 31, 2020 1:19 AM

Jul 2015
How Golem and Somali met was so darn adorable. Reasurring to know Shizuno knows the truth and is willing to help them but still sad to see Golem in such a state. Damn that traitorous old hag, Golem better prepare some mach punches for what's about to come!

Nov 22, 2020 12:11 PM
May 2020
he just wanted to see her smile more ;-;
Mar 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
That Rosa bitch is so evil

Apr 7, 2021 2:31 AM

Feb 2020
That backstory was heartwarming.

Oh, crap. That Rosa wasn't so sweet old lady, after all.

SerafosJan 30, 2:25 AM
Aug 19, 2021 7:16 PM

Aug 2021
i knew auntie rosa was gonna do me dirty the MOMENT they showed a scene of her walking and thinking i never thought i'd be cursing out an axolotl. Backstory per usual makes me wanna sob.
insectgarbageAug 20, 2021 9:13 AM
May 16, 2023 7:09 PM

Oct 2022
Not the first time Somali's species is outed. Every such encounter showed us more of Somali, Golem-san and the world they live in. Looking forward to new discoveries.

And hoping for the ending that might not be fully happy, but at least somewhat fair to the characters.
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Jun 2015
This is why they can't get me to feel bad for monsters. The humans were right. Poor humans.
Read Toriko!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

115 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2020

77 by GingZ »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.