Forum Settings
Forums
Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2020 5:56 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, shame it was only 2 minutes but was still funny.
The American weeb part was hilarious, I'll kamehameha ya and if you fob me off I'll put your name in my death note.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 2, 2020 7:58 AM

Dec 2018
This was an entire episode smooshed into 2 minutes. Laughed my bones off. The foreigners are ridiculous as usual.
Feb 2, 2020 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
If anyone is curious about the manga he choose for the goth, it was "Tanaka Keiichi Saitei Manga Zenshuu Sinbatsu" by Keiichi Tanaka; it's essentially a comic gag parody anthology where he's the sole mangaka where he mimicked Tezuka's art style as well as Go Nagai and Fujiko Fujio.

Honda might have chosen this book b/c it was reprinted the same year IRL Honda started his serialization of Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san, so it would have been a recent event.

Tanaka himself is obscure in America. None of his manga have ever been licensed and I'm not even sure if scanlated. He was the original creator of Doctor Chichibuyama the manga which got a TV special
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19121/Doctor_Chichibuyama
which has never been licensed or fansubbed either.
lanbladeFeb 2, 2020 11:43 AM
Feb 2, 2020 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Such a shame it was only 2 minutes long. I personally found the "finding a manga with a long ass title" segment more hilarious than the rest.
Feb 2, 2020 11:42 PM

Jan 2011
I wasn't expecting much from a 2 minute special, but this was still pretty good.
Feb 3, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2017
What a shame it was just 2.5 mins long, but pretty good laughs.

And as always the American Japrish always got me.
Feb 4, 2020 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Scary customers, especially the last one killed me. Lmao @ the Yamcha death reference.

Way too short, but I still had a good laugh and it was great to see more of this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 2020 1:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't believe I watched the parent show when t was airing in 2018 and now, I'm finally watching this OVA in 2020, it felt like yesterday, so much nostalgia in this one, and shame it was only 2 minutes long. It was soo good it reminded me about every reason I loved the parent show. We really need a second season.
Mar 19, 2021 10:56 AM

Aug 2017
The last segment was funny, i think this OVA is too short.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 7, 2022 6:04 PM

May 2020
Damn the references! Oreimo,Oyasumi punpun,Gintama. I don't know the last one.
And then of course Dragon ball and Death note. Honda get yamcha'd lol

It's too short (●__●)
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Jul 8, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2015
Honda scaring customers, especially with that face, anyone would freak out when a skeleton is mumbling "I'll kill you ".

Foreigner was annoying, but he was hilarious nevertheless.

How they squeezed that much into a 2min episode is baffling. 😎
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 22, 2022 11:34 AM

Dec 2008
So short this cant even be considered a special , let alone a proper OVA ffs.... I wanted more

More topics from this board

» Where to watch this?

ArucardPL - Feb 27, 2019

12 by quercifolia »»
Nov 26, 2021 3:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.