Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2008 2:06 AM

Mar 2008
For everyone having watched the TV series and waiting for the After Story, I should point out that you probably should not watch the movie before After Story.

It explains some things better than the series, but it contains a really big spoiler. That's what it makes a good movie, but it will make the waiting for the After Story more painful.

So if you want a big surprise told by KyoAni you should wait for After Story without seeing the movie.

That's only my opinion and I also can't guarantee you for 100% that the spoiler will also happen that way in the After Story.

But if you are bad in handeling big surprises, maybe you should watch the movie nevertheless.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2008 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
Or you should just avoid the movie entirely because Toei sucks. Just a suggestion, though.
Mar 29, 2008 9:35 AM

Mar 2005
Asako said:
Or you should just avoid the movie entirely because Toei sucks. Just a suggestion, though.

/agrees
Mar 29, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
kei-clone said:
Asako said:

/agrees

omg, ya, seriously, wtf did they do with the animation...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 3:07 AM
Feb 2008
I think I agree too, KyoAni will rule the anime world with their awesome skills
Apr 2, 2008 2:56 AM

Jan 2008
AdamtheNinja said:
I think I agree too, KyoAni will rule the anime world with their awesome skills

Skills? Am I cute uguu~
Apr 5, 2008 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
HAh! I was right i knew the movies will spoiler me from watch the after story.
Not only that ...i can't watch a sad movies when im feel sad right now .
And how can i watch a movie that made from Toei D:<
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Apr 6, 2008 12:55 AM

Mar 2008
After everyone wrote how bad it is and how Toei sucks I have to add something:

The movie is not bad! It's just different from the TV series style!

The animation is very different from the series but not bad. Maybe a 9 and KyoAnim a 10.

The movie is darker and just not made in such a cute way.

It's a movie for a bigger audience in the movie theater made by other producers.

They did a good job packing the nagisa arc in 1,5 h.

If there were no cute-style kyoanim this movie would be rated good by many ppl.

Don't get me wrong, I too prefer the series because of the many jokes (the movie is not funny), but the movie still scored 9 on my list.
Apr 8, 2008 7:47 PM
Aug 2007
So sad... Might be hard to watch the second season now, although it'll probably be a bit better especially with pacing.
Apr 14, 2008 9:02 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah, I really enjoyed the movie and while it's obviously not as good as the TV series it's a bit unfair to compare them since the movie covers both the TV series story and the after story.

The after story will probably get 13 episodes I am guessing and the TV series already got 23. That is comparing 36 episodes to an hour and a half movie.

For what it was, I thought the movie was great and it really just makes me want to see the After Story even more. I can't wait for it to come out.
Apr 15, 2008 9:05 AM

Apr 2008
It is definitely a spoiler. I shouldn't have watched the movie. Oh well, what's done is done.

Apr 16, 2008 10:47 PM

Nov 2007
Too late ! xD

[url][/url]
Apr 17, 2008 6:11 AM

Mar 2008
Syun_Tao said:
Too late ! xD

:(

They should put my posting at the beginning of the subbed movie. :p
Apr 17, 2008 5:56 PM

Oct 2007
I don't know, like I said, I'm glad I watched the movie. When I watched the TV series I came out of it satisfied that I saw a good ending to a good show.

Now that I've watched the movie and I know the tragic ending (I love tragic endings) I'm totally obsessed with Clannad and totally in love with Nagisa, lol.

I wouldn't be as interested in the 2nd season if I didn't watch the movie but now I am shaking in anticipation since I can't wait to see how much better they handle it in the TV series.

So there are people out there that are glad they were spoiled, haha.
Apr 18, 2008 8:37 AM

Apr 2008
I should have read this topic before attempting to watch the movie. Oh well, we can't take back what already happened.

KyoAni rules!

Apr 18, 2008 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
DigimonTamer said:

So there are people out there that are glad they were spoiled, haha.

Actually I am glad, too, because sudden bad endings can ruin a show for me.

Now I could prepare myself.... ^^
Apr 18, 2008 10:09 PM

Apr 2008
Sudden bad endings can make me to hold my tears, which is the sign of a masterpiece anime. The movie already made me like that hearing that *spoiler* Now what effect would it be if I didn't watch the movie and waited for the AfterStory. Oh well can't regret it now.

BUT, I have faith in KyoAni. I'm expecting them to make me hold my tears again even if I already know the major events.

Now, time to play the game. Spoil to the limit XD.

Auu~ I can't wait for the AfterStory. Makes me hyper every second I think about it.

Apr 19, 2008 5:17 AM

Mar 2008
deng17 said:
Auu~ I can't wait for the AfterStory. Makes me hyper every second I think about it.

Same for me. It's my number 1 most wanted anime, followed only by T.m.o.H.S. 2nd and Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th.

PS.: Uguu~ > Nuu~ > Auu~ :p
Apr 20, 2008 1:18 PM

Jul 2007
Damn it. I just finished the movie. Ahhh.
Apr 21, 2008 7:41 AM

Apr 2008
NOOO! I watched the movie :((( ... mehh ... well .. i liked clannad a lot .. so ill like it! nothing can spoil it :p!!!
(*praying* I HOPE!! *praying* xD)
Apr 21, 2008 10:00 AM

Mar 2008
Maybe I should post this onto the Clannad TV board.

I will quote you all. Your sacrifices won't be in vain! It will help to prevent this from happening to others.

That was dramatic ... :D
Apr 23, 2008 12:24 AM

Sep 2007
Noooo! I read this too late :(

I'm sure KyoAni will do a great job with the After Story, so it's a shame I didn't get to see their version first, but I'm still looking forward to it nonetheless.
Apr 23, 2008 6:19 PM

Apr 2007
GAH that's so lame
I read some comments on the final ep of clannad and guess what I saw
"Well it was a good show.. too bad <name> <action> at the movie".
ffs :'(
even so.. I won't watch the movie before season 2.

Apr 26, 2008 7:47 PM

Jan 2008
SPOILERS FOR CLANNAD MOVIE AND GAME:

Actually, your wrong.
Well, probably wrong, anyway.

deadaccount554Mar 23, 2009 4:47 PM
Apr 27, 2008 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
Spoiler or no spoiler,I watched it anyway. I can never stop myself from getting to know what's going to happen next. The movie is really great,and for those of you who are complaining about the animation, let me ask you this: are you watching it to enjoy visual effects or the story?

P.S. if you wanna spoil it for yourself even more (without playing the games),read the story summary in wikipedia. However, if that story is going to be made in to an anime, IMO the after story arc won't finish it. Of course, that's just a guess.In any case,let's look forward to the second season.
Apr 28, 2008 5:57 PM
Mar 2008
Anti-Existence said:
SPOILERS FOR CLANNAD MOVIE AND GAME:

Actually, your wrong.
Well, probably wrong, anyway.

Yes, the ending of the movie is the ending in the game, but it's just the "normal" ending.

After talking with people who have actually played the game, I learned that if you play through After Story a second time after getting the ending from the movie, you can get a better ending. Well, I suppose that depends on what you consider "better".
It's just that right after giving birth, we see that Nagisa lives. That's it. Personally, I like the normal ending much more. A lot more dramatic, and Tomoya's struggles are very interesting to me. I'm glad the movie decided to adapt the normal ending, otherwise it would have gotten a much lower rating from me.

Now, look at KyoAni's adaptation. They have obviously done their best to make the comedy and "happy times" overshadow the drama and seriousness the Clannad story had the potential for.
So, I would be willing to bet anything I own that they will adapt the 2nd, "true" ending, in which Nagisa lives.

Congrats. You guys can stop crying now.
Although, by reading this post, you've had the ending for the anime spoiled for you anyway. Or at least, what I am assuming will be the end to the anime, as it was the end of the game. And if you can say anything about KyoAni, it's that they do a fairly good job with adaptations.

I really hope you're right on it having the chance of a better ending at after story :(
I read this post too late and ended up looking at a screenie at the other post T_T
Apr 28, 2008 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
The movie was still worth it.
Apr 28, 2008 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
leefan said:
kei-clone said:
Asako said:

/agrees

omg, ya, seriously, wtf did they do with the animation...

MAL needs a function "On-hold after 20 minutes"

I have no idea when I'm going to finish this thing.
Apr 28, 2008 10:22 PM

Nov 2007
Xjellocross said:

MAL needs a function "On-hold after 20 minutes"

I have no idea when I'm going to finish this thing.

Half the stuff on my plan to watch list was like that. All series I have in full but just haven't been able to finish, even after years in some cases.
May 3, 2008 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
I think we should use the SPOILER tags if this is a WARNING.

Jun 5, 2008 8:06 AM

Jan 2008

Could you really prepare urself for something like that? I guess I'd be sad even if I watched the same sad thing the 1st as well as 20th time. 'cuz THAT'S what makes good anime a good anime.
Jun 5, 2008 12:47 PM

Mar 2008
Uss said:

Could you really prepare urself for something like that? I guess I'd be sad even if I watched the same sad thing the 1st as well as 20th time. 'cuz THAT'S what makes good anime a good anime.

No doubt I will be sad, but if I know what's coming I won't be depressed or damn the show, because I had time to accept what's to come.
Also I have no doubt that KyoAni will make it so much more sad than Toei. :)
Jun 5, 2008 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
Forever said:
Uss said:

No doubt I will be sad, but if I know what's coming I won't be depressed or damn the show, because I had time to accept what's to come.
Also I have no doubt that KyoAni will make it so much more sad than Toei. :)

I also think that way. And yeah Toei sucks ^^ I have faith in KyoAni.

Jun 5, 2008 11:12 PM

Mar 2008
deng17 said:

I wouldn't say "they suck". They did a pretty good job with this movie (and the AIR movie seemed nice, too), but KyoAni is just too superior to put up a good fight.

(I think the Clannad movie was on #2 of the cinema charts in japan for weeks)
Jun 6, 2008 11:25 AM

Apr 2008
Forever said:
deng17 said:

I wouldn't say "they suck". They did a pretty good job with this movie (and the AIR movie seemed nice, too), but KyoAni is just too superior to put up a good fight.

(I think the Clannad movie was on #2 of the cinema charts in japan for weeks)

Maybe so, it's just that I've watched KyoAni's before Toei's. That alone is a reason enough for me not to praise Toei since KyoAni's far superior as you've said.

Oh? Well the movie's good(though I hate the development since it's very short). It's just that I want KyoAni to give me the first sight of such scene ^^

Jun 19, 2008 3:45 PM

Nov 2007
DAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!!! I just burned my eyes watching the movie, should have read this post first.

Anyway, not comparing it with the TV series, coz it's a sure OVERKILL..

The animation basically IMMHO, is made by someone in the middle of his pot session, it's a total joke, and most of all, it hurted both my eye and the Clannad franchise. It's released in 2007, and for it's time, I was raging my ass over the whole animation which is either lame, or just purely failure.

I had it after 30 minutes and decided to start skiping it 5 seconds at a time and I was so glad that I didn't read the 1 hour skipped, coz things just couldn't get worse.

Also, can anyone message me and ascertain me that all those 10s I see there are not from trolls, or people who think this is so bad didn't even wasted time ranting like I did.
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Jun 20, 2008 5:44 AM

Apr 2008
Advyn said:
DAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!!! I just burned my eyes watching the movie, should have read this post first.

Anyway, not comparing it with the TV series, coz it's a sure OVERKILL..

The animation basically IMMHO, is made by someone in the middle of his pot session, it's a total joke, and most of all, it hurted both my eye and the Clannad franchise. It's released in 2007, and for it's time, I was raging my ass over the whole animation which is either lame, or just purely failure.

I had it after 30 minutes and decided to start skiping it 5 seconds at a time and I was so glad that I didn't read the 1 hour skipped, coz things just couldn't get worse.

Also, can anyone message me and ascertain me that all those 10s I see there are not from trolls, or people who think this is so bad didn't even wasted time ranting like I did.

Don't worry you're not alone ^^ What have we learned here? -- know the movie before watching it

Jun 23, 2008 2:49 AM

Feb 2008
Too late. Seriously though, wow, just wow. I'm probably going to have to watch the TV series again to get that ending out of my head. Wish I didn't watch this.
Jun 23, 2008 8:32 AM

Apr 2008
It seems majority of the members here watched Clannad Movie without knowing the risks. I trust that KyoAni will make a good one so.. daijobu ^^

Jun 23, 2008 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
Sylpheed said:
It seems majority of the members here watched Clannad Movie without knowing the risks. I trust that KyoAni will make a good one so.. daijobu ^^

Yeah, at least it seems the outcome was different for me than for most others here.
The final scene was so touching I gave the 9. I also didn't mind the art. I think the toei movie art is pretty nice from an artistic viewpoint. Same with the AIR movie. I thought nagisa in the movie was more pretty than in the tv series.

Kyoani art goes for cuteness and more detail/contrast (also in the backgrounds), most users prefer this. I also think the last mentioned one wins, but I don't hate the toei art at all (except for in their Kanon version).
Jun 23, 2008 3:47 PM

Apr 2008
Forever said:
Sylpheed said:

Yeah, at least it seems the outcome was different for me than for most others here.
The final scene was so touching I gave the 9. I also didn't mind the art. I think the toei movie art is pretty nice from an artistic viewpoint. Same with the AIR movie. I thought nagisa in the movie was more pretty than in the tv series.

Kyoani art goes for cuteness and more detail/contrast (also in the backgrounds), most users prefer this. I also think the last mentioned one wins, but I don't hate the toei art at all (except for in their Kanon version).

Hmm..I can't ignore the fact that I have high respect for Nagisa after watching the movie. I guess Toei got me on that part. I didn't like the first part of the movie. I think it's because I'm a bit disappointed for the lame character develepment. But, I think they can stuff in character development in a movie. Well, secondly, the art was far from KyoAni.

Oh, I forgot that there's Air move. I didn't watch it seeing it as a Toei product. But, I guess I didn't watch it because it's also the same as EP 1 - 12 of Air TV. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I avoid watching recaps.

OT:
@Forever
Nice new banner. I guess you can't stay with one banner for long ^^

Jun 23, 2008 6:15 PM
May 2008
Already watched. :(
Oh well...maybe if I watch Clannad again I can forget that movie.
Tomoya's voice sounded weird to me ~_~
Besides, I wanna see the alternate universe where its Tomoya+Tomoyo. :)
Jun 24, 2008 12:37 AM

Apr 2008
Cero said:
Already watched. :(
Oh well...maybe if I watch Clannad again I can forget that movie.
Tomoya's voice sounded weird to me ~_~
Besides, I wanna see the alternate universe where its Tomoya+Tomoyo. :)

Then wait for the OVA, 1 month left for its release.

Jun 24, 2008 2:33 AM

Mar 2008
Sylpheed said:
Oh, I forgot that there's Air move. I didn't watch it seeing it as a Toei product. But, I guess I didn't watch it because it's also the same as EP 1 - 12 of Air TV. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I avoid watching recaps.

OT:
@Forever
Nice new banner. I guess you can't stay with one banner for long ^^

Oh well, actually I didn't watch the whole thing. I was too depressed after watching AIR TV. I just took a look and the ending and it seemed quite similar, the only difference being,

I mainly got an impression of the art by watching a great AIR AMV, which had scenes from both versions mixed. While watching I thought that the toei art was pretty nice and perfect for an AMV.

Thanks! :)
But it's actually an old sig
and yes, I'm a freakin' maniac. xD
Jun 24, 2008 8:02 AM

Apr 2008
A kissing scene? Hmmm.. maybe I'll watch the ending of the movie.

Jul 25, 2008 4:13 AM

May 2007
hmm then I wait with the movie i loved clannad and yes Im a boy! mwhaha well I watch it after the 2nd season "Clannad ~After Story~" can't wait for it -.-' that is if It doesnt take to long Im afraid I still want 2 watch the movie xD(btw I have download and watch fast some parts 2 look if I download a good one the voice of Okazaki, Tomoya was difrent ¬¬?)
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Jul 25, 2008 4:25 PM

Apr 2008
F**************CK ... damn i hate myself for watching this movie before looking at this thread ....

time to go kill myself .. ( not really :( )

i hate this movie so bad ... !

Edit:
oh and someone ... please make sure that this won't happen to anyone else in the future ... since there is a second season coming soon~ish ... please make the admins of MAL write a "heads up" for MASSIVE spoilers in the Synopsis for the movie! ... if there is a way to stop other people from becoming as depressed as i am now... then it's definitely worth it!
RajdenJul 25, 2008 4:33 PM
Sep 20, 2008 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
Thank you~
I'll make sure to wait before I watch the movie :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 25, 2008 7:38 AM
Jul 2008
watched the movie.. althrough it spoilts after story.. its still a nice movie to watch..
Jan 4, 2009 6:18 PM

Jul 2007
Rajden said:
F**************CK ... damn i hate myself for watching this movie before looking at this thread ....

time to go kill myself .. ( not really :( )

i hate this movie so bad ... !

Edit:
oh and someone ... please make sure that this won't happen to anyone else in the future ... since there is a second season coming soon~ish ... please make the admins of MAL write a "heads up" for MASSIVE spoilers in the Synopsis for the movie! ... if there is a way to stop other people from becoming as depressed as i am now... then it's definitely worth it!

Ahh Damn dude.
You watched the movie and came to this page, to add it in right?
Don't feel bad. Saaammmme thing happened to me. Gahhh >_<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I know this movie's not looked upon fondly however

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 27, 2022

6 by Theo1899 »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Poll: » Clannad (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

171 by Gendolfas »»
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 AM

Poll: » Should I watch the series first?

woojoo666 - Dec 2, 2013

8 by DC27 »»
Sep 6, 2021 7:07 AM

» Is it bad that I prefer the movie to the series??

jammydodger63 - Sep 18, 2012

29 by _DaikazokuDango_ »»
Oct 11, 2020 3:05 PM

» Prefer the series over movie.

ShaggyJonJ - Apr 17, 2018

2 by ShaggyJonJ »»
Apr 30, 2018 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.