Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 12, 2019 6:17 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Zerity said:
I swear to god if Yayoi is actually dead ima cry.

Is it bad that I never really grew attached to her at all, I remember the whole band episode thing but it din't really change my opinion on her. She was always a background character for me and the only enforcers I felt like the show actually built up were Kougami and Kagari. Still I do hope shes just unconscious since this show can barely afford to kill off members of the cast at this point.
Dec 12, 2019 6:22 PM

Oct 2015
This is it? Wow! I didn't expect it to end so soon.

I thought it would end next week, until I updated my episode. Bilfrost is still not stopped yet, although it's remaining with only 3 people, with the additional of Kei as the fourth major player. I was really looking forward to the development of Kei's story, oh well. I'm glad his wife is back though.

I wished they didn't filled this episode with so many past season's characters, Shindo and Kei should've beenn the focal point. Besides Kei, Shindo is an interesting mystery that I think has more story to him. Guess we'll have to wait for the fucken movie, which I know it will be ages before it's out.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2019 8:35 PM

Jul 2017
@ACasualViewer i mean i dont care for her all that much either but thats a dumb way to go, plus she was a great member of the team, but I get what u mean
Dec 12, 2019 8:58 PM

Feb 2018
I really ship Karina and Arata, damn. The movie will probably end things pretty neatly, but I cannot see the congressmen or Bifrost as a whole being dismantled in it. This episode makes it feel like the finale will be waaaaay bigger. Which is way I believe the movie will "end" Arata's and Kei's development+backstory and we will have a Season 4 or something equivalent where Akane's plan is set in motion.

Also, I can't believe they've done that to Yayoi...
Primo_ItokoDec 12, 2019 9:04 PM
Dec 12, 2019 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
jknight9710 said:
Dororun said:

Yea, but it's just a theatrical version of this season
No it's a continuation of the story...
nope, it's a recap https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-12-12/psycho-pass-3-anime-film-is-compilation-film/.154297
Dec 12, 2019 10:40 PM
Mar 2015
We are left at the edge of the cliff with Akane injured. Mai returned at the cost of Kei. Kei's partner was a spy So many loose ends Still better than Season 2 We see the outlines of Bifrost
Dec 12, 2019 10:41 PM

Nov 2007
@Kougeru It could be a sequel, too. I mean, the official site doesn't specify if it will be sequel or recap. Only says "the battle against the fox group"...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 12, 2019 11:32 PM
May 2013
cliffhanger :( The story got deeper as each episode pass its a waste to cut it short. I hope the movie can bring a satisfying conclusion
Dec 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
Kei is now an inspector. Season finale but the story did not ended and will continue on upcoming movie. The movie will probably wrap things up? We've barely see Akane's plan so that will be for season 4? Akane and Kogami talking was priceless.

And what the hell?! Did they just killed Yayoi?

At least, season 3 is better than the seson 2 thrash. But this is still not comparable to the brilliance of season 1.
Dec 13, 2019 8:00 AM

Jul 2019
Let's say
9/10 for the 1st Season
A weak 7/10 for the 2nd one
A 8/10 for the SS-Trilogy
and that's a strong 7/10 for the 3rd Season.

Not bad but still not as good as the first season.

I just can't get the post-ending scene out of my mind...
Dec 13, 2019 8:16 AM

Jul 2015
The ending was like i expected.

Friendship between Kei and Arata rapturing.Kei joining Bifrost is not a good step but who knows what will happen,maybe it's all a huge plan of the Public Safety Bureau.

Komiya Arata relationship getting better,Maiko got relaeased too,that's good to see.

Nice Akane Kogami moment too.Though the post credits scene was bit over the top,i hope Yayoi survives.

Overall,i give this season 8/10.

Now waiting for the sequel movie in spring 2020.

Dec 13, 2019 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
OMFG?! WHAT! THIS FINALE?! WHAT THE FK DO YOU MEAN I GOTTA WAIT A FOR A NEW SEASON?!

Nonononononononoononononnono. AAAAAAAAAH THAT FINALE CANT BE TRUEE IT CANT!!!

Holy shit I have so much to say but nooooo they can't kill off best enforcer girl. plsssss
Dec 13, 2019 8:51 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone's planning their next step ahead. The question is who's gonna preach on who's.The FA team seems to tryna cover all the conflicts in and outside the system, while they're getting outwitted. The Congressman each have their own ideals with each one now having their own inspectors. Damn Kei took the wicked path just like how once Kagami went against the system. First inspector Azusagawa seems to be going on all these lengths just to prove that he's better than the rest of the mass and that he is worthy to be on top. This guy needs to take a step back. He's pushing all the wrong buttons and he's stepping on everyone's path. But all in all, Akane seems to be the one overseeing everything. Her plan is yet to be revealed.
Can't wait for all that in the next addition.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this certainly isn't Psycho Pass 2, but this isn't that great either. It's just good. The main characters were okay, but the story was the weakest point of season 3, imo it failed to catch my attention, so i couldn't get into it like i wanted to. I think this franchise's ideas ended after the 1st season.

7/10 (being generous)
Dec 13, 2019 10:44 AM
Nov 2014
It was great, waiting for sequel. I hope it’s gonna be a season, not a movie
Dec 13, 2019 11:29 AM

Jun 2011
I really liked this season but where is the actual ending? If the movie is just gonna be a recap then when is this season gonna get wrapped up?

I hope we will get an actual sequel someday...
Dec 13, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2019
Finally it ended. So thats equal of 16 episodes of a 20 mins duration. My opinion on this season, it was a bit confusing at times but in the last 3 episodes for me it wrapped what has to be told this season. Definitely much better than season 2. I liked the final episode, one of the standouts in the season imo. And I liked the cliffhanger since I wouldnt be able to stand what Kei will do next. This is clearly a set up for the next season.

7.8/10 couldnt give an 8 since at times the animation bothers me
Dec 13, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2019
yuukigami said:
I really liked this season but where is the actual ending? If the movie is just gonna be a recap then when is this season gonna get wrapped up?

I hope we will get an actual sequel someday...

The movie will probably be a sequel not a recap.

Though I'm still very disappointed. I don't get it. Feels like they just complicated the story too much that they suddenly discovered this is the last episode so quickly end it with a cliffhanger and hope to wrap everything up in a movie coming next f**king year. Instead of a movie coming several months later, I would have preferred it to extend to 2 more episodes or so.

It ended without answering a single question, we didn't know anything at all and nothing has been resolved. No question that has been asked since the first episode has been concluded and answered, hell not even what happened to Akane. I don't have a problem with a buildup, but this just felt like, what, an entire prologue of episodic cases rather than a full season. I expected much more than that from a season with a 45 minutes episodes formula.

This started pretty strong but the ending left me very, very disappointed. Shame. That last case of bombing wasn't even that interesting. Honestly, the election case was the peak of this season and it deteriorated to hell as it went on after that.
Dec 13, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
The post-credits scene was something I was dreading. I really hope Yayoi survives that nasty crash. =(

With this ending, it's definitely setting up for a new season down the line, since the upcoming film, by the sounds of it, is mostly a recap compilation film.

Overall, this cast has been intriguing and fun, but a bit confusing at times. Kei's going down a path that's going to backfire on him someday at this rate.

While it falls short of the brilliance of season 1, it beats season 2 with ease. 8/10 is my final score.
Dec 13, 2019 2:29 PM

Oct 2015
Yayoi was always "kinda just there" but she was at least in Unit 1 from the very beginning. Rip. This is of course very incomplete, hopefully this first inspector movie isn't recap. Also Kei is now 13th inspector wtf? Governor-chan would've brought your waifu if you were just patient.
Dec 13, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
man I feel like I'm the only person on earth who liked PP2 more than PP1. and actually the third season may be my fav out of all the seasons, maybe because I like Arata a lot more than all the characters from other seasons (minus Akane. Akane of course is BEST, Akane is the QUEEN of this show) I was never obsessed with Kogami like most of the people here so maybe that's why I liked the second and third seasons more. I can't wait for the movie! I'm sad about Yayoi... how is Shion going to react when she hears about the death of her gf :( my heart is broken.

oh, and I hope Arata won't end up with Karina (I think that was her name). the stuff between them looks pretty random and forced imo...
YavimayaDec 13, 2019 3:09 PM
Dec 13, 2019 3:37 PM

May 2012
Season 3 was not so great but not too bad

I just hope the new movie is better
Dec 13, 2019 3:54 PM

Aug 2016
Wow, this episode was awful. Mediocre season, but still better than season two.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Dec 13, 2019 6:15 PM

Mar 2017
Azazin said:
Wow, this episode was awful. Mediocre season, but still better than season two.
Better than S2 quite low bar almost any anime can pass lol.
Dec 13, 2019 6:52 PM
Nov 2015
I really prefer this type of ending knowing that we'll have more, than a pretty rushed ending. I dont think the movie will be a compilation with this kind of ending
Dec 13, 2019 10:05 PM

Jul 2017
Dude this entire season was just them baiting that they're going to drop the ball and have a huge climax that can make this season reach the heights of season 1.

I guess i'll have to wait even longer :/

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Dec 14, 2019 12:28 AM
Jun 2017
Damn, I hope Yayoi survives.
Dec 14, 2019 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
It ends when it finally becomes interesting, so anticlimactic.

Tbh, I later only followed Kei's story, because it had good chemistry and suspense, other things didn't interest me enough, and he finally had reached his potential as a plot moving character - and the season ended. Not good.

Tho even then they haven't grown him enough, it's unclear how he can succeed in the "game". So far he has been way too straightforward with his morals and temper, and his supposed fighting provess hasn't been demonstrated all that well, cus they needed to give fighting scenes to the "golden" cast. I expected him to fight in the last episode too - and he didn't to my disappointment.
Dec 14, 2019 2:51 AM
May 2014
Kinda disappointed that they focused so much on the new cast and choose to not tie in the old characters. Like we don't even know what really happened to Tsunemori, we barely got her and Kogami to interact, etc.

I'm hoping that PP4 or whatever is next (and not the movie cus apparently it's just a recap of PP3) will give us a bit more of what we want.

Also 45min format isn't great for this kind of anime imo.
Dec 14, 2019 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Nooooo please don't tell me Yayoi died. I really don't like the turn this anime took. The movies were good. S2 was enjoyable at least bc of Akane and the villain. This season is the one worst one in the whole franchise. Especially I didn't like the new cast. Our old cast were so good. They were part of the reason what made s1 so great. From having cool characters like Makishima, Kougami, Akane and others to this dumpster characters. This season didn't have a specific good villain either. Hell I'll be sticking with it whatsoever.
Dec 14, 2019 5:21 AM

Jul 2012
Overall pretty good season, i enjoyed it a lot. Still would've preferred Tsunemori's and Kougami's continuation so really liked their small scene in the end. The battle against Sibyl should be the ultimate goal of this series, hope that one day we'll be able to watch it.
7/10 and waiting for next movie.
Dec 14, 2019 5:28 AM
Oct 2019
I don't think that was a proper ending so I'm expecting a lot from the movie on 2020. I had a hunch about Kei being the good guy gone bad (we all see it in the opening song - Kei fighting with himself). I still hope he gets back on the right track without losing his life. And Arata, well... I don't really like his character from the beginning, a mentalist who joined the Sibyl. It's a complete paradox. But, there's still a lot of stories to tell about the two of them and some cases still unsolved. The movie should do justice.
Dec 14, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 2019
Did you guys watched the pos-credit scene??Can't believe that they'll really kill Yayoi
Dec 14, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
First season was the best. I have the 2nd season + movie scored 8 but they were more like 7.xx rounded up and nice cause of the music and stuff.

The 3 movies (case 1, case 2, case 3) were better a bit - solid 8/10. This season was also a lot better and seemed like a 9/10 for most of the time. Slow (but not too slow) and nice plot and backgrounds.

But now with that end I can only give an 8/10 and that becasuse I hope for more. If there weren't announced more this would be 7 only. Hopefully the movie - even though only announced as "compilation movie" wiill have a lot of new scenes at the end (maybe first half recap, 2nd half new stuff) and hopefully it will get released in the west at the same time (not having to wait ages for subs).

Post-credit scene was really shocking. But then again I did not care that much for her. Was nice to see Akane and Kogami talk. And the inspector stuff and Kei getting in contact with the congressman guy.

I hope for more after that movie. Still hoping for the Sybil system to get abolished one day - with Akane playing a major role. Atm she seems to be confined but still with a big influence and insight. (More like she is being protected instead of imprisoned.)
Dec 14, 2019 11:08 AM

Nov 2019
This episode definitely got better towards the end
Overall I give this season an 8/10 pretty great :)
Dec 14, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2019
I hope we will see that handsome congressman again. It's intriguing that "he hates games" of all things. How mysterious.

Kei is an idiot and it will bite him in the ass eventually. My popcorn is ready.

I was expecting something to happen at the end... damnit. But I'm sure Yayoi is okay. She's strong.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Dec 14, 2019 5:38 PM
Apr 2017
Okey to the credit scene, the last episode, a the upcoming movie. I can understand everything. But who was the blond Kei in Aratas memories o.o?
Maybe I have really problems with my eyes?
Dec 14, 2019 9:33 PM
Nov 2018
Bizarre tone for the finale. I think we got a lesson why shows tend to end things on a high. Ep7 was a solid final ep. This one was intriguing and interesting but its annoying having to wait so long to get answers to some threads just introduced. The show is *good* but there's something just off about the writing. I'll watch season 4. I think there is some subtlety or some trick the writer is fundamentally making an error on.

I liked it enough on the whole.
Dec 14, 2019 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
Man, the plot of this season wasn't the greatest but the last episode made up for it. I really didn't like the whole religion/cult suicide bomber whatever plot they had going on. I was okay with the idol governor plot for sure but when they introduced the religion stuff, it got real confusing.

Finding out Kisaragi was the fox AND having Kei turn into an inspector for Bifrost was a great twist at the end. It makes me look forward to the next season now that another Unit One person will work for the enemy.

I really look forward to when Akane will be released and Sybil will be exposed.

I also dislike having the whole "mentalist" and supernatural aspects of Arata involved in a... Detective show lol. They should solve mysteries with true deduction like our previous Unit One members.

Mika is a bitch and should not be in this show anymore. I hate her existence.

My rating ends as 7/10. I do like this series but it could be better.

Kisai113 said:
The show is *good* but there's something just off about the writing.
This lol. Something is off. They could be better.

dayoOo said:
Did you guys watched the pos-credit scene??Can't believe that they'll really kill Yayoi
Ah, thanks for reminding me! Wow. I can't say I'm surprised though. Hopefully she gave the information to someone (Shion) already.
Dec 15, 2019 6:51 AM

May 2018
So this episode was just a setup for a possible new season or movie?
Dec 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Mar 2016
The OST and fight scene choreography was beautiful. The animation was great for the most part too. The story was lacking and all over the place in some places and I believe could have been portrayed better, perhaps instead of long episodes, shorter yet a longer season. My nostalgia was re-kindled however, and I will always love PSYCHO-PASS.

Dec 15, 2019 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
Pin_pyo said:
This has to be the worst season yet, the action scenes are the only good points. This bifrost system has been over sensationalized i started eye rolling whenever that word was mentioned. When that congressman bets on infrastructure what does bitrost do exactly? Are they investing in some sort of stock exchange bec to me theyre just spewing out fancy words to make it look cool without having to make much sense. And 8 ep of 45min without even a mention of how akane got detained is just stupid. Anyway, nothing can beat season 1
I agree with this. I was expecting there to at least be something hinting at Akane's story, but I assume the plot will be, 'it was all in front of you all along' type thing.

Dec 15, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2010
Animenewsnetwork wrote a good summary of the episode:
Psycho-Pass 3 has been a strong outing for the series from the get go. This has largely been due to the series' willingness to explore all the various facets of Sibyl's dystopian world. I mean, in this season we saw a subprime loan scandal, the attempted murder of a pop-star-turned-politician, and a religion that literally worships the “A.I.” that controls society. And behind all this is the exploration of a crisis that the real world Japan faces even now: how a homogeneous country deals with immigration.

All the while, we've had an almost entirely new main cast—a cast who's proven to be both interesting and enjoyable. Then on the other side of the coin, we've had a new group of villains who are both intelligent and easy to hate due to their despicable way of gaming the Sibyl system by getting innocents caught up in their crimes. Honestly, it's some of the best “hard” sci-fi I've seen in a while…which is why it's so disappointing to see it limp over the finish line.

In last week's review, I worried about the difficulties of tying up all the loose ends in a single 45-minute episode. I needn't have worried: The episode didn't even try. Rather than a season finale, this episode felt like the start of just another arc.

This is doubly disappointing given all the major plot threads left hanging.
  • What really happened to Akane?
  • What happened to the two detectives Kei and Arata replaced?
  • What is the full extent of Sibyl's newest nefarious plan?
  • What exactly is Bifrost?
  • Who are Azusawa, Shirogane, and Homura—and what are their motives?

Giving us the answer to any of these would have at least given us a climax of sorts—both a reward for getting this far and a way of raising the stakes for a sequel. In absence of these answers, however, and without a completed plot, we're left with a question of our own: what is the TV series Psycho-Pass 3 really about? If we look at these eight episodes in a vacuum, who's story is it? It's not Akane or Sibyl's. It's not Frederica or her team's. It's not about Mika nor is it about the enforcers on her team. It's not even about Arata (despite the revelations that surround him).

In the end, this TV series is Kei's story—the story of how he lost his way. From the start, Kei's been a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. He's acted straight and serious but the injustices in his world—the xenophobia and social ostracization—ate away at him. They caused him to lash out at first enemies and later friends. The events of last episode, the torture he received and the pain of seeing his wife in danger, have all but broken him. Then in this final episode, he's given his final push.

Kei desperately wants to solve the murder of his brother—to expose all those involved and see them brought to justice. But he sees his wife's involvement in the last case as a betrayal on Arata's part. Of course, there was no way Arata nor anyone else could have suspected, much less stopped, her kidnapping. But Kei's out-of-control feelings have caused him to doubt Arata and everything they've done so far. At this point, Kei feels he is alone in his mission. Thus, when given the chance to get the answers he so desires (and to free his wife from detention) he barely hesitates—betraying Arata, his coworkers, and everything he has worked for so far.

That is the real climax of the show. When it comes down to it, Psycho-Pass 3, as a TV series, is not about a mysterious shadowy organization or a system made up of human brains that decides your fate on a daily basis: It's about the battle inside one man's heart. And it's a battle which the better part of him loses.

Heading into any sequel, we basically have five forces working at cross-purposes.
  • Homura and Kei
  • Azusawa, Shirogane, Chiyo, and the two elderly soldiers
  • Mika, Unit One, and Sibyl
  • Frederica and her Ministry of Foreign Affairs strike team.
  • Akane, Yayoi, and her allies spread across the other teams.

I won't actually believe Yayoi is dead till I see her body in a coffin—and maybe not even then as holograms exist
Look, I know the scene between Kogami and Akane was pure fanservice but it was still great to see them playing off each other in a conversation filled with both emotion and hidden meaning.
Dec 15, 2019 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
strawberaetae said:
The OST and fight scene choreography was beautiful. The animation was great for the most part too. The story was lacking and all over the place in some places and I believe could have been portrayed better, perhaps instead of long episodes, shorter yet a longer season. My nostalgia was re-kindled however, and I will always love PSYCHO-PASS.
Also, I love Yayoi but I hope she is dead. It would make the stakes higher. If Yayoi alive, it would make it cheap and anticlimatic.

The death scene was terribly anticlimatic in itself, though. This is Psycho-Pass. And she's Yayoi, one of the og characters from S1. I hope that things get cleared up in the next movie/season if not a lot of people will be disappointed.

As for the purpose of it, it's just a cheap way to higher the stakes and show the competence of the villains. I won't judge the necessity of it until we see the sequel movie. More information will be revealed, that's for sure. But what i'm truly afraid of is that her death would be treated like an afterthought having little impact later on. To truly justify her death, that event should be a major one in shaping the plot and characters. we need to see division one clearly worried about Bifrost, everyone is on edge afterwards, shion should be clearly affected by the news and behave in ways we've never seen her before... I wonder how'll she and Maiko will react once they learn that Kei works for Bifrost.

Dec 15, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2016
There was one interesting thought in this episode tho: that Bifrost have to predate the Sybil system in order to function. This could be interesting, because we don't know that much about the beginning of the Sybil system.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Dec 15, 2019 8:26 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing 3rd season.. We need the 4th season NOW
Final score 8/10

Dec 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Dec 2016
as much as i enjoyed this episode, it certainly didn't feel like an ending. hopefully the next season comes out soon.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Dec 15, 2019 1:22 PM
Apr 2019
This season was very different compared to the last two, I personally liked season 2 more than this one... but shoot I cannot believe they decided to end the season like this... all that means I suppose is that there's going to be another, which is good right?
Dec 15, 2019 2:15 PM

Dec 2015
Season 2 might have been filled with plot holes and stupid stuff happening, but I can safely say it was (almost) never boring. This season however was boring from beggining to end, specially with it's convoluted plot and uninteresting characters. It also went on a complete different direction Psycho Pass series was going for, only for the sake of milking the franchise as much as they can. 4/10
Dec 15, 2019 7:06 PM
Jan 2013
oh come on, how would the boys split up like this over some bullshit, weren't they tighter that that???
making our boy Kei into some kind of Judas, the 13th Inspector... come on
that feel when a whole season of anime is an ad for a movie
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.