Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 25, 2019 5:41 AM

Dec 2010
It's good to see that Kunizuka finally cleared her Psycho-Pass, and while working as an enforcer at that. It does help show that the system isn't actually hopeless once you're marked off as a latent criminal.

I'm actually quite pleased by this season, it's like half of the previous cast got their happy endings, isn't it?
Dec 27, 2019 3:58 AM

Mar 2015
Another cool episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 2:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting episode!

Arata’s parkour skills were a treat to watch when saving the to-be Governer. God, he really is nimble and a risk-taker, ain’t he? Kei, on the other hand, acting on his own impulse was nice to see. Lots of hand-to-hand combat unlike past seasons here but the choreography is pretty good albeit the choppy animation so no qualms on that note for me.

A little mystery from there solved in the process, looks like the Doctor modelled Ma-Karina after his late daughter who happened to die during the “Helmet Riot”. Is it the one staged by Makishima in Season 1, by any chance?

Yayoi making a return plus some action was great to watch as well! I didn’t think she’d reintegrate back into society though but I’m glad for her. I’m guessing she broke up with Shion as a result to prevent her Hue worsening though so that’s a little sad.

Anyway, on to the meaty part now. Basing off from the conversation between the two cop buddies and the elderly enforcer, I’m guessing Kouchi Azusawa (the 1st Inspector) is the “Fox” that got the previous duo of inspectors. Could the one institutionalised be Tsunemori Akane by any chance and hence why she sought for Shindo Arata. Pretty sure I’m just throwing daggers randomly but I suppose it could make sense considering she even got Enforcer Irei into the team (Shimotsuki’s convo with drunk Irei). But welp, Shimotsuki would’ve been the one ‘dead’ in that case since Akane’s partner was her so maybe that’s a no from the start lol.

Mamoru Miyano’s character is behind a few things I’m certain, I wonder if we’ll slowly edge closer to that in the coming episodes.

Well, looking forward to answers but a little worried we won’t be getting enough...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 2, 2020 7:01 AM

Dec 2018
"A healthy mind dwells in a healthy body." Huh? That reminds me of Soul Eater.

Azusawa has some cringey attitude up his sleeve.

_MushiRock11_ said:

Anyway, on to the meaty part now. Basing off from the conversation between the two cop buddies and the elderly enforcer, I’m guessing Kouchi Azusawa (the 1st Inspector) is the “Fox” that got the previous duo of inspectors. Could the one institutionalised be Tsunemori Akane by any chance and hence why she sought for Shindo Arata. Pretty sure I’m just throwing daggers randomly but I suppose it could make sense considering she even got Enforcer Irei into the team (Shimotsuki’s convo with drunk Irei). But welp, Shimotsuki would’ve been the one ‘dead’ in that case since Akane’s partner was her so maybe that’s a no from the start lol.

Well, anything could happen in that 'skipped timeline' for example, Akane is partnered with another inspector. So Akane whom Todoroki talked about was not out of possibility.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 2, 2020 7:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kish0 said:
Well, anything could happen in that 'skipped timeline' for example, Akane is partnered with another inspector. So Akane whom Todoroki talked about was not out of possibility.

Right, that does seem plausible.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2020 5:20 PM
Jun 2019
Great episode but there are a couple of flaws.

- The way Karina was saved from the robot fighter breaks physics
- There is no way Kei and the old guy could have managed to brush off such severe wounds from the robot
- The writers seem to have forgotten about criminally asymptomatic people Never mind, I completely forgot only Akane and Mika are supposed to know about AA people
- The way Heracles was involved in the crime wasn't clearly explained
MagnusmasterJan 8, 2020 5:51 PM
Jun 10, 2020 1:03 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Nice fight scenes in this episode, especially the spatial artist and the woman, it was hilarious.
Oct 8, 2020 12:13 PM

Feb 2011
Magnusmaster said:

This I totally support, I didn't understand how he got his hue corrupted and needed treatment if it was just fine before.
Nov 19, 2020 4:28 AM

Dec 2012
Yayoi.
Yayoi reintegrated into society.
Prototype Ai.
Mass control Karina. lol at Ma-Karina.
Karina is using Ma-Karina.
Yayoi is coming.
Kei gets attacked from behind.
Kosuke just did a JoJo pose when he appeared.
Karina is taken.
Ma-Karina is exposed to the people.
Kei saves Karina.
Kei saves Yayoi.
Arata parkour.

Glad to see Yayoi again. I'm sure she'll have some fun with Shino before she leaves. lol Ma-Karina. Macarena. lol I thought Karina was going to give Arata a kiss at the end. I mean... her booty was all in his face when he caught her and her booty was on his D after he threw her and cushioned her landing to which she said "Unbelievable". That's a ship in the making, right? Arata parkour and Kei fight scenes were great as always.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 16, 2020 6:36 AM

Jul 2013
i love that they quoted poet Juvenal about "bread and circuses"; Karina and Ma-Karina were just distractions. Regardless, the public sided with Karina and technological authority (Ma-Karina, Sybil system).

It is very interesting that Arata and Kei partnered together against Sybil system's wishes. The two have a bond and are in sync with each other.

Like Yonebura from the past case, Enomiya was another pawn that got disposed of. Bifrost is pretty scary.
Jun 3, 2021 1:52 AM
Feb 2018
Tatarata said:
Magnusmaster said:

This I totally support, I didn't understand how he got his hue corrupted and needed treatment if it was just fine before.

I came her hoping to find an explanation and I leave disappointed.

I also didn’t get Temma U-turn at the end against his family
Aug 22, 2021 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
a good improvement from season 2.

May 4, 2022 4:38 AM

May 2016
with Psycho pass 3, the willing suspension of disbelief is dead.

We got an ex russian military of 60kg, with 40kg bench press, who can destroy heavely trained mma fighter heavier and taller than him, without damage. They didn't tell us he was a former marines or a spetnaz/sas
And we have a super gymnast/ninja/supermonkey kido of 50kg, with a deux ex superpower giving him the ability to watch into the past (???), do only do 3-4 pushup, but he can super jump, while doing parkour, high height reception, one arm carrying her body+a girl with the other hand.

Till now we got strong guys, like the french mercenaries or kôgami, but they were using rope for climbing, gadget, had bionic hand or leg, jetpack, but we never saw them high jumping, or doing ninja parkour

I don't understand why the scripterwriter made these 2 main that doesn't fit with the world they builded up during 20+ hours
YurisuMay 4, 2022 5:20 AM
beware of crappy engrish
Jun 13, 2022 5:21 AM

Dec 2007
didn't fond of much of the action that occurred in the middle episode, felt too much random. PP is better in mystery than action lol.

other than that this episode was great.
we are getting closer to the reason for the villains to make their weird actions - they wanted kamiyo to be the governor, but wanted her al to be exposed. the hints about they wants to take down sybil is pretty clear i think.

and we got more hints about akane and her possible murder.

so far PP3 is pretty good, but not that good.
Jun 14, 2022 8:12 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
I really don't like the main inspector duo in this season. Arata is so unbelievable!™ that it's becoming annoying to watch. Mikhail? There's nothing worth mentioning other than he's an immigrant. Both characters have personalities flatter than a cardboard. Such a downgrade from the main characters in previous seasons, even Shimotsuki Mika is more interesting and than these two.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Aug 16, 2022 2:41 PM
Jul 2022
if you are expecting the brilliance of psycho pass 1 when it comes to characters and shock value and overall plot IT AINT HAPPENING. Psycho pass brought something new to the table when it came out and it did it damn near flawlessly. This story has been going for over 10 years now. This season is way better then season 2 up to this point and frankly I love the new way they have gone. The characters have good relationships, they build them up nicely. The action is nice. And its not just dominators and murders every 5 seconds like that awful second season. I'm loving it but nothing will touch season 1, stop looking for a high that will never come back from this show, just enjoy the ride or get off :).
Apr 20, 2023 10:43 PM

May 2010
I'm glad to see a couple of people on page 2 disparaging the action scenes, because I thought I was going crazy after reading all the unanimous praise on page 1. I mean, yeah, the animation was really nice, as it has been the whole show. The camera techniques and style of striking really reminds me of Cowboy Bebop, but that's where my praise ends. All those flying acrobatic maneuvers and the kung-fu fighting against a robot were beyond ridiculous and out of place for a show that tries to play things more realistically. And seriously, why was he still holding on to his dominator in one hand while attempting to kung-fu the robot? And at first the robot did things to prevent him from shooting the gun, like throwing a coat over his face, or chucking Karina at Arata, making it seem like it was at risk for being shot, when that clearly wasn't the case. Don't action scenes have to make sense, and not just have cool animation?

I'm also very disappointed that they didn't explain what was going on with Heracles. It's still a decent episode, but the series already feels like it's slipping.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 22, 2023 3:15 AM

Dec 2022
Karina warmed up to Arata quick. She definitely knows she can trust him now.

Destroy Decomposer seems to have been forgotten about, if the robot fight was anything to go by. That configuration was made specifically to deal with synthetic combatants that didn't have a crime coefficient, so you'd think someone would realise in-universe.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 27, 2023 12:11 AM
Jul 2023
So no one is gonna talk about this :
Where Ooishi (his old worker/friend under Haruki Enomiya) confronts Irie about sharing the abandoned zone's information network to Tsunemori in timestamp @ 23:06. Now Irie 🤝 Akane, despite him being recruited by Mika Shimotsuki. He is solid in my list of favorites anddddd so I gotta prep myself in case the author decides to rip him off the story.
My candies :

Bonus:
Oct 28, 2023 9:02 AM

Nov 2010
Many people tend to blindly believe everything that is presented by the mass media. However, I am naturally curious and I make sure to cross-reference information from various sources before accepting it as true. This way, I am able to avoid being misled by fake news. Additionally, I do not subscribe to any conspiracy theories.

I believe AI controlling humans is the future. Easily corruptible and flawed humans controlling other humans is so stupid. The lesser evil is so much better. At least, there's a guarantee that Super AIs will be near perfection. Also, what's so evil about it if it's for the greater good? Life is already horrible under fellow humans. What more can we lose?

Arata's physical abilities are inhuman! What is his secret?
"You weren't pretty, and you weren't nice." Savage! Haha!
Oh, so there were inspectors before Arata and Ignatov. I thought they replaced Tsunemori and Shimotsuki after S2. I'm curious to see those inspectors.
I really like the fights in this show. They are kinda realistic.
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Nov 2014
Cannot believe how unengaging this series has been so far. Halfway in and I could not care less about any of the characters or the plot as it stands. It's all such dull, pointlessly convoluted nothingness. No one watching this actually cares about any of it on an emotional level, they just feel a misguided obligation to find something praiseworthy within this mess, because of the franchise name attached to it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.