Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2019 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I won't dig in of lots of information but I will say this
I WANT TO HUG EMILIA SO BAD!!!!
That story was so sad, so much discrimination in this movie up until a sick level of hate just because she is a Half Elf...
Animation was on spot, battles were pretty well done, and MOST IMPORTANTLY!!
PUCK IS A PILE OF FLUFF!!!
And also, just like Youjo Senki Movie, a manner short was present by Taida tantou (that really weird matsuoka character... That everyone hate 😂😂)
9/10
Nov 8, 2019 7:39 PM
Jun 2017
ohh how i wish this can be stream internationally already... im excited to watch this one
Nov 9, 2019 1:32 AM

Jan 2017
Man this is just so cruel. I want to watch this OVA so bad T_T
Why couldn't they release the Blu-ray? I wish I was in Japan right now. I can't wait 8 months

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Nov 9, 2019 10:15 AM

Nov 2019
I am visiting Japan for a week. Looks like the timing couldn't be any better.
Nov 9, 2019 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
Zellia01 said:
I am visiting Japan for a week. Looks like the timing couldn't be any better.

Lucky you, man! I've never been to Japan :(
Anyway, I hope it releases soon on blu-ray.

Nov 9, 2019 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
I'm here for a Student Visa, and I think if I did it, everyone can do it.
you just need to save money
Nov 13, 2019 4:31 AM

Jan 2017
Usopp8000 said:

Can't leave my college midway and apply there right now.
Anyway, watched the OVA.

Nov 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Jun 2017
swirlydragon said:
Usopp8000 said:

Anyway, watched the OVA.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you watch it?
Nov 13, 2019 12:02 PM
Nov 2019
swirlydragon said:
Usopp8000 said:

Anyway, watched the OVA.

I would like to know too :D
Nov 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2014
I'm in Japan, so... the theaters...
but I don't think it's out for the Internet... you'd have to wait until the Blu-ray comes out
Nov 14, 2019 2:59 AM

Jan 2017
@CosmicRunner
@JenniiFreak

Blu-ray isn't released yet. I watched it in Japan.

Nov 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
swirlydragon said:

Lucky you, man! I've never been to Japan :(
Anyway, I hope it releases soon on blu-ray.

lol you just Literally said you were never have been to Japan, WTH?
Nov 15, 2019 2:49 AM

Jan 2017
Usopp8000 said:
lol you just Literally said you were never have been to Japan, WTH?

Yeah, and that's true. But I still couldn't wait 8 months. I do know people who live in Japan and I got a tourist visa.

Nov 15, 2019 3:09 AM

Jul 2014
Just finished watching it, finally!
First off... why the fck do they have to start the intro ep like that!? shit was depressing and sad af,
throughout the OVA its mostly a grim and sad atmosphere with some time to time adorable scenes because of Emilia's naivety and clumsiness, this really showed how pure and simple she is to the core, how much she was rejected and how much she wanted to be accepted,
. She's been through some depressing shit, 3 heart breaking moments for me.

Anyways I dont wanna dive in too much with the story since a lot of you havent seen it yet, apparently we cant talk about the ep in the ep discussion thread so I'll bounce and put some spoilers on some heavy stuffs that happened in the movie but long story short.
This is an OVA about a tragic heroine, its full of sad and depressing stuffs with some sprinkles of wholesome and adorableness, it had this grim feeling majority throughout the movie but despite all that grim you'll still see Emilia happy and making the most of her time despite the stuffs that happens. It was a great watch.

Anyways I got what I came for, endured not watching the 1st week cause I wanted the 2nd week special gift instead, I got fckin lucky and got the one I wanted the most out of the 4 random images.
-StrayNov 15, 2019 3:15 AM
Nov 19, 2019 6:12 AM
Jun 2019
I am too lazy to write a proper review, but the OVA was pretty underwhelming if you've read the LN version, some scenes and dialogue I enjoyed from the LN version were cut and I wasn't very happy about that.

Still, it's definitely worth the watch especially if you're an anime only. Though you might spot that the pacing is a bit artificial at times.

The voice acting is an 11/10. Melakuera's voice actor is perfect, and Rie really outdid herself.
Nov 21, 2019 7:24 AM

Dec 2016
Ah.. I want to watch this OVA so bad, I don't have another option except waiting for this to get released on internet T_T
- E.M.T -
Feb 11, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
This Re:Zero OVA Hyouketsu no Kizuna is truly a masterpiece in every aspect.
removed-userFeb 11, 2020 6:07 AM
Apr 1, 2020 9:20 AM

Oct 2015
I want to hug emilia so bad goddamnit she really didn't deserved this . 😭😭

And the epilog is also beyond perfect .
Apr 1, 2020 12:49 PM
Aug 2018
I just immediately Burst out laughing when i saw the random frame of that cult leader that we know and love. I wonder if that frame in any means somehow related to Emilia...
Apr 1, 2020 6:07 PM
Aug 2015
ZiroAz said:
I just immediately Burst out laughing when i saw the random frame of that cult leader that we know and love. I wonder if that frame in any means somehow related to Emilia...

2nd season will cover that :)

PogChamp
Apr 2, 2020 3:29 AM

May 2016
Usopp8000 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I won't dig in of lots of information but I will say this
I WANT TO HUG EMILIA SO BAD!!!!

I feel you man. That's what i've been feeling the whole time i was watching. 😂😄

Apr 2, 2020 4:31 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great movie! It wasn't without its faults however but a priceless watch nonetheless.

Emilia's just too precious, ffs. Mindless discrimination and constant rejection, and yet the first thing she thinks of is the safety of theirs. That's EMT in full glory, for you! Angry Emilia to stop more mishaps to that half-nice shopkeeper was kind of chilling though.

An insight into some of her early struggles and they were honestly tough to watch, really felt like hugging Emilia, as others above have already mentioned already, too. I didn't know she had such power though, that was a nice surprise.

Some more of the usual fun Puck too, but those serious and emotional ones were a peach to watch! Credit to the VA for really nailing all that. I wonder who she made a contract with before though.

Best moment was easily those last few moments before the credits rolled in. So cute and heartwarming, they're really made for each other. Emilia trying to make Puck call her "Lia" and the "father" scenes were, in particular, a deli-treat!

Dat bit regarding their supposed "first meeting" and a few bits and pieces isn't fully clear just yet, I'm certain this was intended anyway, so I'm looking forward to seeing the full of that.

Subaru in the after-credit scene, well done lad! I suppose that goes to show that he really is the one for her, much to my happiness lol.

Villain, however, is most probably my main issue with the movie. Literally a device to deepen Emilia and Puck's relationship, nothing more nothing less. To add to that, the action scenes weren't exactly impressive either so that was one big .. yeah. Good that what followed totally blew me away though.

Animation-wise, it was pretty standard compared to the tv series but I really enjoyed some of those notch in art when it came to the ice powers. Background was really detailed and fantastic throughout.

As such, I'll settle with a 8/10. Will definitely give this another shot right before Season 2 starts!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2020 4:38 AM

Feb 2019
nice movie and great character development, felt so bad for Emilia but shes got puck and everyone now!!

Apr 2, 2020 6:23 AM
Aug 2018
where can i watch it?
Apr 2, 2020 7:04 AM

May 2016
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
where can i watch it?
It’s out on most “sites”. 👀
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Apr 2, 2020 7:10 AM
Aug 2018
TeamDalaiLana said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
where can i watch it?
It’s out on most “sites”. 👀

can you link me someone in private, please? i can't use nyaa
Apr 2, 2020 9:31 AM

Jan 2017
It was another enjoyable OVA! I appreciated getting to see more backstory on Emilia and Puck.
Apr 2, 2020 11:28 AM

Dec 2017
really boring stuff. after watching this, it only confirmed that i'm not a fan of emilia whatsoever and the only good moments she has are contrasted by subaru's personality
Apr 2, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Man, I forgot how cute Emilia was. This movie/OVA was great, and I can’t wait for season 2.
Apr 2, 2020 2:06 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah it was ok, but this OVA kinda proves how bland Emilias character is. But it's nice to know now where she comes from and what she has experienced.

Some parts were really fucking sad. Subaru is slowly melting that ice.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Apr 2, 2020 6:15 PM
May 2018
LaatuMakkara said:
Yeah it was ok, but this OVA kinda proves how bland Emilias character is. But it's nice to know now where she comes from and what she has experienced.

I agree Emilia cant carry a show on her own, but you mean to tell me Rem can? Its basically Subaru who carries the show on his back. No one else from Re:Zero could do that imo. Emilia isn't a bland character she just isn't main character material just like Rem.
Apr 2, 2020 7:31 PM

Nov 2017
did someone else see an easter egg (cameo) of Fortuna and Petelgeuse?
okay here :

it was very fast at 46:27.
Now Loading.....
Apr 2, 2020 8:40 PM
Jun 2017
Just finished watching this one, and Emilia's life is just so sad, i mean she is living her life all alone in the forest. Good thing Puck is with her side all the time...

Emilia is so kind but well people dont like her since she resembles the witch of envy.

Well finished in this week are:
• Isekai quartet (that Rem and Ram kiss moment)
• The Re zero Directors cut finale (and the where's rem moment)
• Re zero OVA 2

Waiting:
• The real deal-- RE ZERO SEASON 2. YEAH
Apr 2, 2020 8:51 PM

Mar 2018
LaatuMakkara said:

*This OVA proves why Emilia is best girl. There, fixed it for you.
Apr 2, 2020 10:25 PM

Nov 2019
Kinda cringey that some people find Re: Zero discussion threads to be best girl voting sites
Sort of dark movie whose sum of parts is a bit underwhelming compared to the individual parts. We kinda see how Emila, as Subaru figured, was a brilliant idiot who would risk her life for the safety of others.
Can't wait for Season 2!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 2, 2020 11:02 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
That was a pretty nice movie. A really touching relationship between Emilia and Puck. Glad to see Emilia backstory since the original series focus too much on Rem. We were able to see Puck's real form and the discrimination toward Emilia.

And my lord, that flashback scene... is that Emilia's mother and the green hair guy?...no freaking way.
That some heavy plot change from the past the original tv series doesn't reveal.

Sugoku Good Movie Desu.
Apr 3, 2020 12:27 AM
Mar 2018
LaatuMakkara said:

Better wait for the second season, this is not even the beginning of Emilia's story and development.
Apr 3, 2020 1:25 AM

May 2018
ButHesAGuy002 said:
LaatuMakkara said:

I agree Emilia cant carry a show on her own, but you mean to tell me Rem can? Its basically Subaru who carries the show on his back. No one else from Re:Zero could do that imo. Emilia isn't a bland character she just isn't main character material just like Rem.

Is not true. Rezero has other very good characters too.

This OVA was excellent in its purpose. It's not about a teenager who went to another world and dies and dies to save his beloved. It is about life in the forest of a sad, confused and lonely girl. The main focus is to show how Emilia lived and felt, not battles or anything.
Apr 3, 2020 2:12 AM

Apr 2018
KingLeonard23 said:
LaatuMakkara said:

*This OVA proves why Emilia is best girl. There, fixed it for you.

Cmon we all know that Beatrice is best girl.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Apr 3, 2020 2:21 AM

May 2016
I enjoyed it, but oh wow I hate the fire spirit (melakuera) voice acting so much. All his scenes ruined the ova for me.

The echo affects on top of his monotonous voice grated my ears yikes. The ova was good until towards the end. I just zoned out because of his voice.
TeamDalaiLanaAug 10, 2020 6:13 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Apr 3, 2020 4:20 AM

Mar 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:

Villain, however, is most probably my main issue with the movie. Literally a device to deepen Emilia and Puck's relationship, nothing more nothing less. To add to that, the action scenes weren't exactly impressive either so that was one big .. yeah. Good that what followed totally blew me away though.

Sadly, he's one of causalities of adaptation because he got his backstory cut. You can read the summary of the LN here

Still main point of the story is how Emilia and Puck met and the things that caused their relationship to what it is today. It absolutely nailed that core strength of the film. Emilia has far harsh life than Rem does and deserves as much sympathy but because she not living her entirely for main character half way through is the she is worst girl or whatever. Waifuwars around this series basically turns characters in objects without will, history and history.

I'm happy that OVA continue to show the world of Re:Zero doesn't just revolve around Subaru or even RBD. He's by far not the only one who gone through stuff and still is. He can't even begin to imagine what Emilia life had been up to point. There so many facets of this story needs to get resolution in the end we are in for long haul, so I can't wait!
Iron_MawApr 3, 2020 4:28 AM
Apr 3, 2020 4:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Jagd84 said:
Sadly, he's one of causalities of adaptation because he got his backstory cut. You can read the summary of the LN here

Still main point of the story is how Emilia and Puck met and the things that caused their relationship to what it is today. It absolutely nailed that core strength of the film. Emilia has far harsh life than Rem does and deserves as much sympathy but because she not living her entirely for main character half way through is the she is worst girl or whatever. Waifuwars around this series basically turns characters in objects without will, history and history.

I'm happy that OVA continue to show the world of Re:Zero doesn't just revolve around Subaru or even RBD. He's by far not the only one who gone through stuff and still is. He can't even begin to imagine what Emilia life had been up to point. There so many facets of this story needs to get resolution in the end we are in for long haul, so I can't wait!

Oh thanks, I'll make sure to give it a read sometime.

That's the Waifu wars for you. They pool in casual fans of the medium so it's a win for the Production Committee but it's almost always an ugly reality in the midst of it.

Yup, lots to look forward to! July can't come soon enough.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2020 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
Boring as hell. Too much bland, zero-personality characters talking.
Apr 3, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Emilia and Puck made me cry :')
Rieri's performance is very very good. I admired her performance 👌
And Puck is really the best dad. I love Lia so much. She is the bestest. I'll look forward her character development and backstory in S2. Btw, I can't believe i saw Betelgeuse and Fortuna. I can't wait their sad backstory with Emilia together in season 2. And besides, Echidna's seiyuu is very good. I loved her voice as well
LaatuMakkara said:
No one else from Re:Zero could do that imo. Emilia isn't a bland character she just isn't main character material just like Rem.

Rem isn't a main character in the LN tho. She is an only side character. Main characters/heroines are only Subaru and Emilia
CondemneDio said:

then don't watch re:zero anime anymore including to S2 😑
removed-userApr 3, 2020 8:24 AM
Apr 3, 2020 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
Yukino_Sama said:

CondemneDio said:

I'll watch whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much.
Apr 3, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
CondemneDio said:
Yukino_Sama said:

Ok...But if you're a Rem fanboy who watch the anime for only Rem, then better don't try to watch season 2.
removed-userApr 3, 2020 8:34 AM
Apr 3, 2020 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Yukino_Sama said:
CondemneDio said:

Ok...But if you're a Rem fanboy who watch the anime for only Rem, then better don't try to watch season 2.

The world isn't as black and white as you seem to think.
Apr 3, 2020 8:41 AM

Jan 2017
This OVA gets a manga adaptation :)

Tbh there were still many things that this OVA didn't animate like Melakuera's backstory, Puck vs Roswaal, etc which were present in the novel so I believe that's why it is getting a manga adaptation.
But overall, I still loved this OVA. EMT! Can't wait to read the manga. I'll also buy the novel.

@CondemneDio

This username seems familiar. Must be because of my old days in CE and CD.
swirlydragonApr 3, 2020 8:46 AM

Apr 3, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
I just finished watching the movie.

Man, I feel sorry for Emilia. What she went through while she was young broke me. :(
Good thing Puck was there for her.

Overall, it was an okay movie.
LeoApr 3, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 3, 2020 3:11 PM

May 2019
swirlydragon said:
This OVA gets a manga adaptation :)

Tbh there were still many things that this OVA didn't animate like Melakuera's backstory, Puck vs Roswaal, etc which were present in the novel so I believe that's why it is getting a manga adaptation.
But overall, I still loved this OVA. EMT! Can't wait to read the manga. I'll also buy the novel.

@CondemneDio

This username seems familiar. Must be because of my old days in CE and CD.

i think they show us a little from the Puck vs Roswaal in ova 1
right ?
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» do I watch this to start re:zero?

13oFIVE - Mar 24

5 by TabutcuEmmi »»
Mar 25, 2:34 AM

» More Emilia stuff again? We fan wants more Rem ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Dec 4, 2018

92 by Ge553ruhrnr »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:47 AM

» Do I need to watch this before starting Season 2?

Dije - Jan 26, 2022

17 by Broderoi »»
Jan 27, 2022 3:29 PM

» could have been a masterpiece

KuroudoAkabane - Oct 25, 2020

7 by Hachii13 »»
Oct 14, 2021 1:40 AM

» Who else is rewatching this after Season 2?

0451 - Mar 11, 2021

6 by ManWild »»
Apr 21, 2021 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.