Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 31, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good music used this episode. Divison 1's inspectors really didn't waste much time getting their hands dirty in taking down their targets.

This show's technology continues to impress me such as that aircraft. Arata is also starting to interest me more a protagonist with his lighthearted personality on the team. They even got an idol group this season this season. The mixed lighthearted and thrilling moments of this episode felt balanced.
Oct 31, 2019 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy suspecting that fear was implanted in the brain. i.e. w. bank system.

Too late, though, because he got stoned.

Facing Nojima-san's character, and that main guy from first two seasons! So their boss left the rest to senpais, who are in different group now.

Reporting to the wife, and showing the video message her husband left.

Finding truth for his father.

Nakamura-san's character is married.

Start of new case? Old man falling from the building, w. TV screen being broken. And seems to be related to popular politician candidate and multi-talent. He was trying to warn her something.

For the first time, the two who works for them saw the graph when he sees the image.

Not much answered, but they got to ask that politician candidate. Stalker?

And opponent is the announcer for the martial art competition involving w. robot?

25:05 or later (sport broadcast affecting delay) next.
Edit: 25:35 because of boxing
https://twitter.com/psychopass_tv/status/1192433369977479175
tsubasaloverNov 7, 2019 7:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 31, 2019 11:28 AM
Dec 2016
Oh my... kougami is back! the episode keeps getting interesting.. I am really excited and would love to see more episodes.
Oct 31, 2019 1:03 PM
May 2018
I really liked this episode. I think this season is going to be much better then second one.
P.S It seems they were crafting these episodes as 24 min not 48 min ones, but with this tactic they gain extra 3 to 4 min for episode so I think is for the best. Oh and yeah here is comes SS cases spoilers.
Oct 31, 2019 2:23 PM
Aug 2018
LTU_EiMs said:
I really liked this episode. I think this season is going to be much better then second one.
P.S It seems they were crafting these episodes as 24 min not 48 min ones, but with this tactic they gain extra 3 to 4 min for episode so I think is for the best. Oh and yeah here is comes SS cases spoilers.

I think the same, these meant to be 24 mins episodes, so one case is 2 eps. That's why its weird that they started the new case right after the previous finished, but well, its not bad like this either. At least we can see a bit from the next one before the ED. I somehow really like these long episodes, because the 24 mins episodes from this series always felt too short.
The extra 3-4 min gain is because they only play the op/ed once, right? Then its really a good tactice, because then they get around 24-30 extra mins with the 8 48min episodes. :D
And in the end its a 16(+1)ep long season just in 8 episodes. How weird :o but cool.
Oct 31, 2019 2:27 PM
Aug 2018
What where can I watch ep2?
Oct 31, 2019 4:22 PM
Oct 2018
Psycho Pass 3 episode 2 = 2008 subprime financial crisis explained with chibi art.
Oct 31, 2019 4:29 PM
May 2018
Wa1Fu_is_L4ifu said:
Psycho Pass 3 episode 2 = 2008 subprime financial crisis explained with chibi art.

That part was awesome. I was lectured on that in a class just last year so it was interesting to see it again.
Oct 31, 2019 4:36 PM
Dec 2016
ryuseishi said:
Did they just gather four best boys in one room

WHO ARE THE FOUR GUYS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?
Oct 31, 2019 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
Decent episode, but oh my god, where is Yayoi?! The people want Yayoi!
Oct 31, 2019 4:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
AWESOME episode, it was SO great, I can't wait for the next one
Oct 31, 2019 4:39 PM
Dec 2016
Ashhk said:

did u watch it with english subtitle?
Oct 31, 2019 4:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
pinkzbowzntoes said:
Ashhk said:

Yes and I think i'm going to watch it a second time now
Oct 31, 2019 4:41 PM

Mar 2019
,ènj_i_i_idf²iop
Oct 31, 2019 4:44 PM
Dec 2016
Ashhk said:
pinkzbowzntoes said:

where did you watch it? i am looking for the english subbed but still can't find it...
Oct 31, 2019 4:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
pinkzbowzntoes said:
Ashhk said:

where did you watch it? i am looking for the english subbed but still can't find it...

it's on HorribleSubs
Oct 31, 2019 4:52 PM
Dec 2016
Ashhk said:
pinkzbowzntoes said:

it's on HorribleSubs

thank you very much!
Oct 31, 2019 5:28 PM
Sep 2012
For those who haven't watched the SS cases, do so now! This episode made it clear that this season expects the audience to have watched them.

Anyway, this episode was fantastic! Absolutely loving this season! Getting some of those S1 vibes - with a lot of other complementing spices added to the mix. Especially noticable is the greater emphasis on expanding the world of Psycho-Pass. Whereas S2 basically just reused locational and atmospheric assets from S1, everything that has come after has added new elements of worldbuiling. Although the worldbuilding outside of Japan in the movie and SS case 3 was appriciated, this new focus on fleshing out Japan is doing the series wonders. The world of Psycho-Pass feels more alive than ever.

All the characters are really growing on me. It's amazing how much more likable Mika is now. And the new enforcers all seem like they will play important roles in the story. I'm looking forward to their pasts and parts unfolding in future episodes. With all the intrigue going on in the background, I get the feeling that this season will be worth a rewatch after it finishes.

Also, can't wait for the OST to come out. So many cool tracks!
Oct 31, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 2017
Pretty lit episode, i love it.

Nice to know all former members are back and doing fine. <3

The OG OST also back, feels so good.

But, i don't see Yayoi anywhere... i'm afraid guys.... :(
Oct 31, 2019 6:06 PM

Jun 2016
I saw Kei, Arata, Ko and Gino in the same room. That was awesome and I like how Arata just gawked fascinated at Ko lol
I loved the episode although I would like to see who the main antagonist is for Psycho Pass 3
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 31, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2015
I see Kougami did return to Japan for real, tch!

I like the new guys, they should focus on them and not to yesterday's leftovers.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 31, 2019 9:48 PM
May 2017
Yikes! Arata's dive scenes are always terrifying.
Nov 1, 2019 12:00 AM
Nov 2018
Ok. I was not ready for an explanation of the Great Recession.
Nov 1, 2019 12:56 AM
Jul 2018
I'm kind of bothered by all of the off-screen development with the older characters. Why is Akane locked up and not Kougami? Why is Akane suddenly against the Sibyl System? How did Mika become in charge of the Public Safety Bureau? How is Ginoza chill working with Kougami? I wish I can see all of the reasons before the current events. Having a callback to these events later on won't make it as impactful.

and yes I watched at least two of the movies

Ignoring my complaints with the older characters, I really like the new inspectors.

I have high hopes for their character arcs.
Nov 1, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2010
It seems the show refrained from violent and grotesque scenes. The result of death from a fall was kind of funny and the racketeer's explosion scene caused with dominator was not depicted directly. It's too soft for Psycho-pass series.
---
Oh, I forgot to tell you something. When did Psycho-pass become a ninja anime or "Prince of Persisa"?

kuroneko99Nov 1, 2019 5:45 AM
Nov 1, 2019 1:52 AM

Oct 2017
Heh Kougami returned to Japan like he said at the end of the movies. He is now a special investigator in the foreign affairs department along with Ginoza. Their brief appearance in this episode was great.

I'm really curious about Akane and want to know what she did asap. Thou it will most likely be revealed at the end part of the series. Anyway liking both Arata and Kei so far and the new enforcers r great too. Also that girl Karina seems dangerous.
MegamiRemNov 1, 2019 1:59 AM
Nov 1, 2019 2:39 AM

Oct 2010
Damn we got an animated explaination of the downfall of the house market back in 2008. Did not expect to see that in Psycho-Pass.

I liked this episode, it's great to see Kougami and Ginoza back in a team. It's pretty much mandatory to watch Case 2 and Case 3 to know why Kougami, Ginoza and Sugo are now in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

In case anyone wants to know the chronological order:
Psycho-Pass 1: 2112
Psycho-Pass 2: 2114
Psycho-Pass movie 1: 2116
Psycho-Pass case 1: 2117 (winter)
Psycho-Pass case 2 : begin and ending scene takes place in 2116 (2 months after Psycho-Pass movie 1). The rest of the movie takes place in 2111.
Psycho-Pass case 3: 2117 (fall)
Psycho-Pass 3: 2120

I also like the small hints we got from this episode. Kougami gives Arata the business card of 'Tetsuya Sasagawa' (the culprit of this case). And he mentioned: there are more foxes. Later in the episode we saw the name of Arata's dad (Atsushi Shindo) on a business card with also a fox.

The Foxes are called Inspectors by the three people who were gambling with Bifrost.. so this might be a clue too.

Arata's dad is dead and he aparrently did something wrong to Sibyl System, because the news labed him as aspersion of Sibyl System. Arata is 'seeking for the truth' of what that might could be. Akane might be involved with this because she was on the same screen as Arata's dad.

Also the last scene was great with Karina, it gave some dangerous vibes.
HyackNov 1, 2019 2:43 AM
Nov 1, 2019 3:40 AM

Dec 2013
I'm down for more! Really like Arata and his ability - so creepy.
It will be interesting to see what that idol politician is up to!
Nov 1, 2019 5:40 AM

Oct 2009
ryuseishi said:

And that right after the "I don't need dominator to enforce you" scene in the gang hideout.

I couldn't hold my excitement.

Not only dropping Kougami in our faces, but Kougami WITH Ginoza (and Teppei cameo right after in the plane).

Holy Guacamole.
Nov 1, 2019 5:41 AM

Dec 2015
The plot of these 2 episodes seems to have progressed the series far more than season 2 ever managed. I think the format of 45 minute episodes is really working for this season. Hopefully it won't feel rushed by the time episode 8 comes along. Be interesting to see how the plot unfolds from here.

Nov 1, 2019 5:53 AM

May 2018
Now this is the good shit, probably the cleanest and best animated action sequences in this season so far.
Nov 1, 2019 5:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wa1Fu_is_L4ifu said:

Yeah, I loved that bit. Hilarious imagery too.

ryuseishi said:

Indeed, indeed!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 1, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2017
Fighting choreography is so damn good. Good episode, it was really nice to see Kogami and Gino. Didn't expect them to show up so soon. Also I can't help but enjoy Chief Mika. Her interactions with Gino are amusing to watch especially.
Nov 1, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2018
Ohh, Kougami and Ginoza. Sugou's entry was very cool I feel.
And I feel Mika has improved since her movie again, she's more dynamic now.
Wait, is Kei married to a woman. Rip my ship (Kei x Arata) Still gonna lowkey ship them I guess.
This show continues to be solid.
Nov 1, 2019 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
FINALLY we get to see Kougami again!
Nov 1, 2019 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
Yayyy Kougami is back and that's all I need !!!!
Nov 1, 2019 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
RedChrome said:
Yayyy Kougami is back and that's all I need !!!!

I second this! I love that this season includes characters from the entire franchise!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Nov 1, 2019 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
My main man kougami is back and swagged the fuck out
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 1, 2019 11:20 AM
Mar 2015
They took down the creators of the housing bubble Now on to the political scene
Nov 1, 2019 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
I was really surprised to see Ginoza and Kougami because they didn't have a flashy grand appearance at first but just casually standing there. They're both so badass tho, they make the show a whole lot more better just by existing. I was afraid that this season would be a downhill too after watching the first episode but second episode made it more interesting.
Nov 1, 2019 2:24 PM

Jul 2014
seeing Kougami and Ginoza made me super happy

Im starting to ship Ginoza with Mika....

im really liking this season so far
Nov 1, 2019 2:39 PM

May 2015
New characters are so capable, why do they even need three Enforcers?
I still don't find the Mentalist power to be very convincing.

And it was kinda boring overall, it seems I lost interest in the Psycho-pass altogether.
Nov 1, 2019 3:17 PM

Dec 2015
Nice action. I hope there is some bigger plan to bring down the Sybil system. That's what I had wanted for a sequel to season 1 - which never happened so far. Akanes thoughts (monologue) hinted that some bigger stuff might happen.

Also the Bifrost guys are interesting.
Nov 1, 2019 4:12 PM
Mar 2015
Wait, the woman with the pink background in the OP is the new idol character Komiya Karina?

And i think that Kei's wife/girlfriend will be important because she is in the Op... and after the scene of Kei fighting himself. Interesting.
Nov 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Feb 2014
Oh boy! We got Kougami, Ginoza and first guardian;Teppei on the same team. Guess Forign Affairs made a whole lot of effort to gather the best of the team. With Akane still on the sidelines, it seems a whole lot is going around the back of Sibyl system. She's trying to reveal the system for what it is. What a fearsome lady.

Talking about fearsome ladies, we got a whole lot of them this episode. Though some didn't make that much of an impact. Some left us with awe in their action and aura. Mika and Frederica handle the two best departments that enforce law in and out the system.
And we get a new female character that's truly fearsome to deal with. What a woman that still remains sane even after all those events around her in her life. Following the Sybil directive? This lady could even be one of those choosen Sybil brainchilds.
Hyack said:
Also the last scene was great with Karina, it gave some dangerous vibes.

Since watching the now airing Babylon anime(if you've watched it), I know how scary a lady can be. (And she's voiced by Yoko Hikasa, the most seductive voice)
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 1, 2019 5:51 PM

Sep 2019
I'm trying to like this, but these mentalist abilities are so out of place for psycho-pass it's hard not to cringe. I hope we get a good explanation for them really soon. Also, the villains are extremely boring, oh another ominous, behind the scenes conspiracy, never seen that before!

I just don't get the people hyping this over season 2 tbh. At this point I've just accepted that there will never be a sequel in the spirit of season 1, and it wasn't even necessary btw, the original ending was simply perfect, but hey, got to milk the name for that sweet cash I guess. At the end of the day I guess I'll just get what enjoyment I can get out of the setting and try to bear with the crappy elements.
Nov 1, 2019 6:43 PM

May 2019
Enforcers are kinda useless and garbage as of now. Hopefully they don't stay that way. Mentalist power being introduced out of the blue is kinda weird. Hopefully the show gets its shit together soon.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 1, 2019 10:33 PM

Mar 2018
OblivoneX said:
For those who haven't watched the SS cases, do so now! This episode made it clear that this season expects the audience to have watched them.

Anyway, this episode was fantastic! Absolutely loving this season! Getting some of those S1 vibes - with a lot of other complementing spices added to the mix. Especially noticeable is the greater emphasis on expanding the world of Psycho-Pass. Whereas S2 basically just reused locational and atmospheric assets from S1, everything that has come after has added new elements of worldbuilding. Although the worldbuilding outside of Japan in the movie and SS case 3 was appreciated, this new focus on fleshing out Japan is doing the series wonders. The world of Psycho-Pass feels more alive than ever.

All the characters are really growing on me. It's amazing how much more likable Mika is now. And the new enforcers all seem like they will play important roles in the story. I'm looking forward to their pasts and parts unfolding in future episodes. With all the intrigue going on in the background, I get the feeling that this season will be worth a rewatch after it finishes.

Also, can't wait for the OST to come out. So many cool tracks!

Can you tell me where I can watch Case 3 subbed? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Nov 1, 2019 11:38 PM

Mar 2017
Okay this episode was awesome! Episode 1 was alright, but now I'm really feeling the massive potential this season has.

I thought the concept of manually inducing a market crash was pretty cool. Was fanboying my head off when Ginoza and Kougami appeared and cleaned house. Akane's line about the truth behind Sybil finally coming to light got me really hyped since that's a direction I've wanted to see from all the way back in season 1. On that note they sprinkled some more intrigue on the mystery of what happened to Akane during the 3 year time-skip for her to be locked up and 'awaiting judgement'.

Second half of the episode did a great job at world buidlnig with us getting insight into the political and especially entertainment sectors in Japan under Sybil. I found the human vs robot wrestling to be a fairly amusing sports idea. The female top candidate for governor seems pretty interesting in particular after Arata noted how scary she was and that she may have mentalist powers like him.

This season looks to be very ambitious with the plot threads that are getting developed so far, and I just hope that the execution goes well, so that we're left with a truly worthwhile edition to the psycho-pass franchise.
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

168 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.