Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 16, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2016
This whole new village and set of characters being introduced is pretty awesome, I'm really excited for this new arc!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 16, 2019 2:12 PM

Jul 2014
Whats with the weird recent stuffs thats happening here and Fire Force, first the fire color changing stuffs almost happened on the same week, not only that but basically the confession (well unlike here, Fire Force one was actually a legit confession) was the same as well with Shinra being surprised and Senku being somewhat disgusted at the idea, and both series having similar female gorilla characters that are both also adorable despite being gorilla's... its almost weird to tell them apart from time to time. That being said its great how they can have Maki and Kohaku both gorilla powerhouse characters and give them that feminine adorable side, great balance.
Aug 16, 2019 2:57 PM
May 2019
I love Senku so f-ing much
Aug 16, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
I bet Ruri just has the common flu and it'll take Senku a few hours to make a med for her. Gonna be so easy and the entire town will have to bow down to him LOL.
Aug 16, 2019 3:25 PM

Aug 2018
It's incredible how they can make any basic thing related to science like static electricity or antibiotics and make them so fucking badass by Senku's determination and epic music, that's the shonen spirit !
Aug 16, 2019 3:48 PM

May 2019
Fap_King said:
I really hadn't thought highly of the first six episodes. In fact, I thought the show kind of sucked. But the art work was nice to look at so I stuck with it.

This was the best episode so far. Chrome is a cool character, love him. Hoping the show continues to get better.

I agree, I also stayed for the beautiful art. I was saying "Well, at least watch 10 episodes before dropping" but I really enjoyed this episode. This arc seems promising.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 16, 2019 3:54 PM
Feb 2009
nice chrome is a pretty cool character and the way they introduced him.
Aug 16, 2019 4:11 PM
May 2019
It was a good episode, even tho I think they're overdoing the humor (expected from a shounen tho), but I'm really looking forward for the anime progression.
Aug 16, 2019 4:40 PM

Jan 2019
I like the new friend of Senku-kun
Aug 16, 2019 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
I really like the direction the story is taking. I haven't been a fan of the Tsukasa stuff at all. Chrome's appearance is like a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see him and Senku do science stuff together.
Aug 16, 2019 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Great facial expressions this episode.

Senku finally meets some kind of civilization in the stone world. I can't wait to hear the back story on them. Cause for now they seem to be living in a way that they have never actually heard of the technological era Senku lived in. I wonder if there's some kind of elder in the village that does know some stuff that Senku talked about.

Chrome seems to be quite smart and quickly to catch on what Senku is saying. Good talking buddy for Senku now.

Oh, I remember how I was saying that "Yuzuriha is best girl"... what a fool I was, Kohaku is the real deal here. Her sister Ruri seems nice too!
Aug 16, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2017
Kinrou, Ginrou, Ruri and best boi Chrome were introduced
Aug 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
I am telling you they keep talking about Space dude, I feel like

I wonder if there are other people out there. They said people outside the village are criminals, so I feel like they have had to deal with others before.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 16, 2019 6:02 PM

May 2018
New characters, new partner and a new village. This episode caughts my attention again, the previous episode were boring, Im glad that it gets interesting again.

Aug 16, 2019 6:10 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Kohaku and Ruri-nee are both cute, I would say that Ruri has the cuter design though. XD

Chrome is an awesome guy, he's amusing, has top tier reactions and has the resolve of a protagonist. He's definitely my second favorite character in this series after Senkuu, loved how they bonded so quickly and I love Senkuu's monologue about how even if you try to stop science and advancement, some idiot somewhere in the world will keep trying to figure things out.

Time to make ourselves some medicine.
Aug 16, 2019 6:15 PM

Feb 2019
it was nice to finally hear the people of the (name I can not say because of spoilers) village. I liked almost all of the main cast in the manga and now seeing it in the anime is cool.
Aug 16, 2019 6:24 PM

Jul 2019
with chrome introduced and him being so passionate about science really makes me happy and I am very interested to see what they do next
Aug 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
The series changed a lot on this episode, and I'm loving it! The new characters look interesting and fun to watch. Can't wait 'till next week!

5/5

Aug 16, 2019 6:56 PM
Jan 2019
I was ready to drop the show but then Senku went solo and found a whole bunch of cool new friends. Best episode yet. I love Chrome.
Aug 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Jan 2018
So, they're not the only one in this Stone World.

> That fight between science and sorcery was amusing as well.
> Senku's making innovations one at a time.
> Chrome's sorcery antics but got owned by Senku.
> Looks like the nation of science is coming.
Aug 16, 2019 6:58 PM

Oct 2013
Brace youselves, as for the real Dr. Stone has begun! :D As manga reader I can say this arc is just amazing. Its plot, characters, funny gags, epic moments... Pure entertainement. Can't wait to see further episodes. The adaptation is just marvelous so I guess the level of it is gonna be preserved and will be present in the next episodes.
I really liked how the creators of this anime mixed arstyle of more serious and more comedy moments. Everything looks great, nothing feels odd and you can feel the balance between all different scenes.

From now on you can see how Senku already changed. He might also feel to many people like an annoying guy, but apart from being genius he really cares about what he does, even if it is not seen at first. From acting quite exalted towards Chrome he changed his attitude after seeing that the sorcerer is just a curious person who collects different things, mixes them and tries different things with everything to see what happens. A person who always shows up in a society and who is fundamental for science as a whole.

Ginrou sounds almost exactly as I imagined him to sound like. Seeing him animated makes me excited about other scenes with him adapted. xD

Does Chrome's voice actor has a little problem with pronouncing "r" letter? I heard him saying names Kinrou, Ginrou, Ruri quite lightly in the moments when "r" appears in the pronounciation.

phantomfandom said:
Also even if I accept that Senku is like movable Wikipedia, I don't think creating antibiotic without knowing Ruri's health condition is a good idea

Well, Senku is moving at unknown ground. He doesn't know Ruri's condition either. To prevent from spoiling what is going to happen I will only say: keep on watching. :)
Aug 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Nov 2016
Know your place Chrome, Senku is the real deal. Well, things are a lot more lively and fun now with a bunch of new characters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Nov 2014
SoraSenpai said:
I wonder if there are other people out there. They said people outside the village are criminals, so I feel like they have had to deal with others before.

You got it wrong. They didn't say people outside the village are criminals. They said criminals (from their family) are banished from the village. They said there's no humans outside the village. Meaning Senku must be related to one of the banished criminals, that's why they are so hostile towards him
Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM
Mar 2019
I really wasn't a big fan of Chrome, I thought he was annoying and full of himself, but as the episode went on, I really started to enjoy how he acted with Senku and how he really wants to gelp humanity
Aug 16, 2019 7:48 PM

Apr 2018
I'm calling it now. Chrome best browser! =D
Aug 16, 2019 7:58 PM

Oct 2015
ofc the one dude who always unjustly critised stone is now no longer present and will never admit stone is good and hes just full of shit
:> gotta love the anime community

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 16, 2019 7:59 PM

Nov 2011
Chrome is quite cool.
But I don't understand why Senku think that Tsukasa's enemy is science, I believe that what Tsukasa hate are corrupt older people. It's not necessary that a curious man is also automatically a supporter of "corrupt" civilization. Science is actually quite in opposite spectrum to politics in our world. The difference with Senku is that he clearly said that he wanted to bring back old civilization to the very same form without compromise. It's possible to find another science guy who also wants to change something about our political world.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 16, 2019 8:18 PM

Nov 2014
Jim_Heart said:
Chrome is quite cool.
But I don't understand why Senku think that Tsukasa's enemy is science, I believe that what Tsukasa hate are corrupt older people. It's not necessary that a curious man is also automatically a supporter of "corrupt" civilization. Science is actually quite in opposite spectrum to politics in our world. The difference with Senku is that he clearly said that he wanted to bring back old civilization to the very same form without compromise. It's possible to find another science guy who also wants to change something about our political world.
science leads to corruption thats why Tsukasa's trying to get rid of the source.
Aug 16, 2019 8:39 PM

Aug 2019
I was about to drop this show if it didn't pick up over the next couple of episodes, but I'm glad I gave this a second look.

With the new characters in the show, it's added a bit more life to an otherwise bland anime.
Aug 16, 2019 8:56 PM
Jun 2017
now senku has someone like him, in the name of chrome... and love this one, i hope they can really made a medicine to cure their priestess..
Aug 16, 2019 10:27 PM

Mar 2018
For me easily the best episode. It seems like this show is gonna get better after all. I thought the 1st arc sucked but this ep was decent and if it stays like this it might be a show that I think is bad but I don't necessarily hate (Bad because I think the writing is shit)
Aug 16, 2019 10:42 PM

Feb 2015
Senku was looking for allies, so Kohaku decided to take him to her village. Kohaku filled a big container with curative water for her sister, explaining that she’s sick. They arrived to the village with approximately 40 people and no technology (probably descendants of revived people), Senku had problems with the entrance, he used science to surprise the guards and a guy named Chrome arrived (magician/scientist of the village). Senku had a sorcery/science challenge with Chrome, he easily won, gaining access to Chrome’s collection of stones and medical plants. Kohaku visited her sister (priestess) Ruri. Senku explained Chrome the history of human society and technology to his days, Chrome was very surprised and revealed that healing Ruri was the reason to start to investigate, Senku decided to invent antibiotic.

This episode was especially funny, I found exciting the scene where Senku explains Chrome the story of humanity. As other comments, finally the cast shown in the opening appeared, finally it happened in episode 7. Kohaku is a really cute girl, Senku should take her as his couple.
Aug 16, 2019 10:52 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the village arc begins in the anime. This arc will just blow everyones mind as some secrets unveil.
Aug 16, 2019 10:55 PM

Jun 2014
I wanna know this history of the village! What do they think of the stone people?!
Does that Ruri girl have TB?

I have questions! AND I WANT ANSWERS
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 16, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2018
So if I understand, someone got free before Senku and rebuild civilization up till Kohaku’s point?
Aug 17, 2019 12:13 AM

Jun 2019
Great story starts from here.
Aug 17, 2019 1:33 AM
May 2019
This was a fan episode. It was interesting to see how stone age people are calling science magic. Senku is my favorite character so far although Chrome is an interesting character as well.
Aug 17, 2019 1:54 AM

Aug 2019
I hope Dr. Stone will make a cameo each episode.

Yes, I'm talking about the soap.
Aug 17, 2019 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, Chrome is pissed and I am pissed too.

Imagine Petrification of Humans happening in real life.
Aug 17, 2019 3:01 AM
Jan 2014
Best episode so far. Chrome reminds me of Soma from Food Wars because of his attire.

I got the feeling that we have 2 main protagonist here. Chroma and Senku is so look alike in the aspect of their character design.
Aug 17, 2019 3:21 AM

Apr 2017
Great episode. I'm glad there is at least one person from that village who is somewhat smart.

I'm also wondering who the predecessors of those villagers are. Maybe some people from modern generations? I kinda doubt that because nobody in that village seems to know anything about modern technology, but I still want to know.
Aug 17, 2019 3:37 AM
Oct 2018
@15:37 how geologist see stones
@15:32 normal people reaction

Lol, nailed it xD
Aug 17, 2019 3:44 AM

Jan 2015
Am I the only one bothered by the english title being wrong? It clearly states in Jap title that it's two hundred million instead of two million (it's written as 200, so no mistake can be here). It's even repeated in the dialogue inside the episode.
Aug 17, 2019 3:53 AM

Nov 2014
begija said:
Am I the only one bothered by the english title being wrong? It clearly states in Jap title that it's two hundred million instead of two million (it's written as 200, so no mistake can be here). It's even repeated in the dialogue inside the episode.
it's not wrong. 20,000 is 2万, 200,000 is 20万,and 2,000,000 is 200万.
Aug 17, 2019 4:08 AM

Jan 2015
ttcchen said:
begija said:
it's not wrong. 20,000 is 2万, 200,000 is 20万,and 2,000,000 is 200万.

Yeah, I suspected something like this. Thanks for clarification.
Aug 17, 2019 4:11 AM

Oct 2017
Chrome's really good character,it will be nice to see how they are working about antibiotic!

Great episode,very enjoyable
Aug 17, 2019 5:50 AM

Apr 2018
This was interesting. Didn't expect people who knows nothing about modern science living in the stone world. Funny how they get surprised by simple things. But looks like Science army is growing steadily
Aug 17, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Senkuu venture to the new place where Kohaku lives. He meet other people like Chrome who is like Senkuu. The two guards and we see the sister of Kohaku. To the next episode.

Aug 17, 2019 5:56 AM
Jul 2019
dr stone best anime in 2019
Aug 17, 2019 6:25 AM

May 2018
So many funny scenes in this episode.. also Gorilla Girls is the best
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

163 by Mabaya »»
May 4, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

487 by bubba460z »»
May 2, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

236 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

275 by chiwila »»
May 1, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.